Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Default Microwave BBQ recipe?

"Bobs yer uncle" > wrote

>A few years back, someone posted a recipe for microwaved ribs that was
> a classic. All I remember was that it involved using a cherry Kool
> Aid rub to overcome the inevitably gray color the ribs took on. Can't
> find it on Google--anyone remember?

Still no recipe! Doesn't anyone remember it?

--Tedward

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Nov 19, 11:34*am, "The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy" >
wrote:
> "Bobs yer uncle" > wrote
>
> >A few years back, someone posted a recipe for microwaved ribs that was
> > a classic. *All I remember was that it involved using a cherry Kool
> > Aid rub to overcome the inevitably gray color the ribs took on. *Can't
> > find it on Google--anyone remember?

> Still no recipe! * Doesn't anyone remember it?
>
> --Tedward

This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
sing, and curl up a little. Then you put your "rub" which is made of
cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!

I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
enough.
Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Nov 19, 2:51*pm, Bobs yer uncle > wrote:
> On Nov 19, 11:34*am, "The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy" >
> wrote:
>
> > "Bobs yer uncle" > wrote

> > >A few years back, someone posted a recipe for microwaved ribs that was
> > > a classic. *All I remember was that it involved using a cherry Kool
> > > Aid rub to overcome the inevitably gray color the ribs took on. *Can't
> > > find it on Google--anyone remember?

> > Still no recipe! * Doesn't anyone remember it?

> > --Tedward

> This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
> ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
> and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
> and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
> sing, and curl up a little. *Then you put your "rub" which is made of
> cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
> imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
> then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
> in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
> the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!
>
> I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
> splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.
>
> PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
> enough.

Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,
you don't actually use the drink mixed up except when your ribs are
done and you need something to wash it down with.
Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Bobs yer uncle" > wrote

> > >A few years back, someone posted a recipe for microwaved ribs that was
> > > a classic. All I remember was that it involved using a cherry Kool
> > > Aid rub to overcome the inevitably gray color the ribs took on. Can't
> > > find it on Google--anyone remember?

> > Still no recipe! Doesn't anyone remember it?

> > --Tedward

> This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
> ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
> and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
> and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
> sing, and curl up a little. Then you put your "rub" which is made of
> cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
> imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
> then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
> in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
> the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!
>
> I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
> splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

I'm kinda partial to Bush's baked beans. This is sorta like Coke
and Pepsi.

> PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
> enough.

<
<Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,

That was pretty clear already. Putting the Kool-Aid drink on ribs
would be just plain silly.

I'll probably try the recipe this weekend and if I do, I'll post the
results to the chatrooms.

--Tedward

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:21:53 -0500, "The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy"
> wrote:

>"Bobs yer uncle" > wrote

>> > Still no recipe! Doesn't anyone remember it?

>> This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
>> ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
>> and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
>> and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
>> sing, and curl up a little. Then you put your "rub" which is made of
>> cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
>> imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
>> then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
>> in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
>> the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!
>>
>> I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
>> splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

>I'm kinda partial to Bush's baked beans. This is sorta like Coke
>and Pepsi.
>
>> PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
>> enough.

><
><Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,
>
>That was pretty clear already. Putting the Kool-Aid drink on ribs
>would be just plain silly.

Why not just put red food coloring on?

--
"He who made kittens put snakes in the grass"
Ian Anderson

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Nov 19, 6:32*pm, "David V. Loewe, Jr" >
wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:21:53 -0500, "The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy"
>

> > wrote:
> >"Bobs yer uncle" > wrote

> >> This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
> >> ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
> >> and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
> >> and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
> >> sing, and curl up a little. Then you put your "rub" which is made of
> >> cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
> >> imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
> >> then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
> >> in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
> >> the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!

> >> I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
> >> splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

> >I'm kinda partial to Bush's baked beans. *This is sorta like Coke
> >and Pepsi.

> >> PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
> >> enough.

> ><
> ><Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,

> >That was pretty clear already. *Putting the Kool-Aid drink on ribs
> >would be just plain silly.

> Why not just put red food coloring on?
>
> >I'll probably try the recipe this weekend and if I do, I'll post the
> >results to the chatrooms.

> --
> "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass"
> * * * * * *Ian Anderson

But red food coloring won't react with the mycoglobin the way that
Kool-Aid does.
Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Nov 19, 1:53*pm, Bobs yer uncle > wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2:51*pm, Bobs yer uncle > wrote:
>

> > On Nov 19, 11:34*am, "The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy" >
> > wrote:

> > > "Bobs yer uncle" > wrote

> > > Still no recipe! * Doesn't anyone remember it?

> > > --Tedward

> > This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
> > ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
> > and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
> > and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
> > sing, and curl up a little. *Then you put your "rub" which is made of
> > cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
> > imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
> > then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
> > in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
> > the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!

> > I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
> > splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

> > PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
> > enough.

> Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,
> you don't actually use the drink mixed up except when your ribs are
> done and you need something to wash it down with.

You are just the sort of slob I had in mind when I devised a creative
punishment for the 9-11 mastermind, KSM.

An ignorant dude who precooks ribs in the microwave, rubs them in Kool-
Aid, slathers them with Kraft sauce, and eats them with plenty of
canned pork'n beans and Kroger's coleslaw could serve his country
well. The terrorist could be put in a deep pit and folks like you
could defecate on him from above. I can't imagine a meal that'd
produce nastier scat. You could wait until he was starting to dig in
to a plate of Halal goat meat, and right onto his head and his plate
would fall a load of porky hellishness.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Bobs yer uncle" > wrote in message
> On Nov 19, 6:32 pm, "David V. Loewe, Jr" >
> wrote:
>> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:21:53 -0500, "The Ghost of Edward M.
>> Kennedy"
>>

>> > wrote:
>> >"Bobs yer uncle" > wrote

>> >I'm kinda partial to Bush's baked beans. This is sorta like
>> >Coke
>> >and Pepsi.

>> ><
>> ><Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid
>> >powder,

>> >That was pretty clear already. Putting the Kool-Aid drink on
>> >ribs
>> >would be just plain silly.

>> Why not just put red food coloring on?
>>
>> >I'll probably try the recipe this weekend and if I do, I'll
>> >post the
>> >results to the chatrooms.

>> --
>> "He who made kittens put snakes in the grass"
>> Ian Anderson

> But red food coloring won't react with the mycoglobin the way
> that
> Kool-Aid does.

What happened to using Saltpeter for maintaining the color of
meat?

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs
out of both sides of a drunken
Congressman's mouth?

The floor is level.

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"--Bryan" > wrote

> > > Still no recipe! Doesn't anyone remember it?

> > > --Tedward

> > This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
> > ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
> > and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
> > and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
> > sing, and curl up a little. Then you put your "rub" which is made of
> > cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
> > imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
> > then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
> > in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
> > the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!

> > I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
> > splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

> > PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
> > enough.

> Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,
> you don't actually use the drink mixed up except when your ribs are
> done and you need something to wash it down with.

[Redacted!]

Please, this is a family chatroom I'm posting to.

--Tedward

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Nov 20, 9:42*am, "The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy" >
wrote:
> "--Bryan" > wrote

> > > This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
> > > ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
> > > and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
> > > and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
> > > sing, and curl up a little. Then you put your "rub" which is made of
> > > cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
> > > imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
> > > then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
> > > in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
> > > the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!

> > > I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
> > > splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

> > > PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
> > > enough.

> > Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,
> > you don't actually use the drink mixed up except when your ribs are
> > done and you need something to wash it down with.

> [Redacted!]
>
> Please, this is a family chatroom I'm posting to.

No it isn't. It's a Usenet group.

> --Tedward

--Bryan

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:42:55 -0500, "The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy"
> wrote:

-->"--Bryan" > wrote
-->
-->> > > >A few years back, someone posted a recipe for microwaved ribs that
-->> > > >was
-->> > > > a classic. All I remember was that it involved using a cherry Kool
-->> > > > Aid rub to overcome the inevitably gray color the ribs took on.
-->> > > > Can't
-->> > > > find it on Google--anyone remember?
-->>
[...]

This is USENET, this is a newsgroup not a chatroom. Now say it with me "n e w s
g r o u p' , feel better now?
Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

"Food Snob®" > wrote

> > > This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
> > > ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
> > > and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
> > > and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
> > > sing, and curl up a little. Then you put your "rub" which is made of
> > > cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
> > > imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
> > > then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
> > > in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
> > > the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!

> > > I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
> > > splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

> > > PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
> > > enough.

> > Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,
> > you don't actually use the drink mixed up except when your ribs are
> > done and you need something to wash it down with.

> [Redacted!]
>
> Please, this is a family chatroom I'm posting to.

<
<No it isn't. It's a Usenet group.

The usenet is just a bunch of chatrooms that can cross talk.

--Tedward

Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Nov 19, 5:21*pm, "The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy" >
wrote:
> "Bobs yer uncle" > wrote

> > > Still no recipe! Doesn't anyone remember it?

> > > --Tedward

> > This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
> > ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
> > and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
> > and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
> > sing, and curl up a little. Then you put your "rub" which is made of
> > cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
> > imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
> > then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
> > in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
> > the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!

> > I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
> > splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

> I'm kinda partial to Bush's baked beans. *This is sorta like Coke
> and Pepsi.
>
> > PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
> > enough.

> <
> <Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,
>
> That was pretty clear already. *Putting the Kool-Aid drink on ribs
> would be just plain silly.

I know that, but recipes are hard.

And I was kidding about drinking the Kool-Aid, that's for the kids.
Get yourself a nice six-pack of Bud, or better yet, Bud Lite, because
pork meat can have fat.
Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy" > wrote:

> "--Bryan" > wrote

> > > This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
> > > ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
> > > and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
> > > and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
> > > sing, and curl up a little. Then you put your "rub" which is made of
> > > cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
> > > imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
> > > then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
> > > in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
> > > the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!

> > > I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
> > > splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

> > > PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
> > > enough.

> > Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,
> > you don't actually use the drink mixed up except when your ribs are
> > done and you need something to wash it down with.

> [Redacted!]
>
> Please, this is a family chatroom I'm posting to.

Manson family.

--
Michael Press
Posted to rec.sport.football.college,alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:23:16 -0800 (PST), Bobs yer uncle
> wrote:

>On Nov 19, 5:21*pm, "The Ghost of Edward M. Kennedy" >
>wrote:
>> "Bobs yer uncle" > wrote

>> > This isn't exactly it, but what I've tried from memory--you take some
>> > ribs, like those country style ones that are already cut up for you,
>> > and you boil them in some water with a little salt, meat tenderizer
>> > and Accent (tm) then you put them in the microwave until they start to
>> > sing, and curl up a little. Then you put your "rub" which is made of
>> > cherry Kool-Aid (the trick is to use the name brand Kool-Aid, no cheap
>> > imitation "knock offs") some seasoning salt and some Liquid Smoke,
>> > then you crisp them up nicely under the broiler (that's the top heater
>> > in your oven), serve with a nice BBQ sauce like Kraft's (again spend
>> > the extra money on the "real thing") and enjoy!!!!

>> > I like to serve them with Van De Kamp's baked beans and sometimes I'll
>> > splurge and buy an extra large container of cole slaw from Kroger's.

>> I'm kinda partial to Bush's baked beans. *This is sorta like Coke
>> and Pepsi.
>>
>> > PS: If the ribs are too chewy, it means you haven't boiled them long
>> > enough.

>> <
>> <Forgot to mention that you just use the unsweetened Kool-Aid powder,
>>
>> That was pretty clear already. *Putting the Kool-Aid drink on ribs
>> would be just plain silly.

>I know that, but recipes are hard.
>
>And I was kidding about drinking the Kool-Aid, that's for the kids.
>Get yourself a nice six-pack of Bud, or better yet, Bud Lite, because
>pork meat can have fat.

I miss beer...
--
"Though these wounds have seen no wars