FoodBanter.com

-   -   WTF? (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/179005-wtf.html)

Nomen Nescio[_3_] 17-11-2009 05:01 PM

WTF?

I just dropped by to see what's happening. Absolutely nothing, unless
one is looking for a good buy on spares in Texas.

The other 30+ posts were shit. It appears that if it wasn't for some
dude named Kent jerking the group around the group would be dead.
Actually, it already is...reduced to regulars flaming a troll.

Way to go.

ceed[_3_] 17-11-2009 07:07 PM

WTF?

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:01:24 -0600, Nomen Nescio
> wrote:

> I just dropped by to see what's happening. Absolutely nothing, unless
> one is looking for a good buy on spares in Texas.
>
> The other 30+ posts were shit. It appears that if it wasn't for some
> dude named Kent jerking the group around the group would be dead.
> Actually, it already is...reduced to regulars flaming a troll.
>
> Way to go.

You "stopped by" and immediately recognized a troll. Takes one to know one
I guess? :) The last two threads are Pizza on the grill and one about
beef tongue. Maybe a tad OT it being a bbq group, but absolutely
interesting in my opinion.

Nomen Nescio[_3_] 17-11-2009 07:39 PM

WTF?

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:07:40 -0600, ceed >
wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:01:24 -0600, Nomen Nescio
> wrote:
>
>> I just dropped by to see what's happening. Absolutely nothing, unless
>> one is looking for a good buy on spares in Texas.
>>
>> The other 30+ posts were shit. It appears that if it wasn't for some
>> dude named Kent jerking the group around the group would be dead.
>> Actually, it already is...reduced to regulars flaming a troll.
>>
>> Way to go.
>>

>You "stopped by" and immediately recognized a troll. Takes one to know one
>I guess? :) The last two threads are Pizza on the grill and one about
>beef tongue. Maybe a tad OT it being a bbq group, but absolutely
>interesting in my opinion.

Sure did - I come by about once a month to see if Kent is still
jerking around the group. He is. Did you read the pizza thread?

And if you recognized me as a troll...why the hell would respond. You
simply prove my point. Ever hear of filters?

Kent could troll this group with a post about wrapping a dog turd in
foil and steaming it in a BGE and several would rise to the bait.

I suppose you would find that interesting too? The argument seems to
be that trolls have to be challenged so newbies won't be led astray.
While that may be true, a simple statement would be enough. Instead a
troll can start a long cascade of worthless posts and it always does.

Kent haters love for Kent to post. That is probably the only reason
they hang around.

A newbie drops in, reads a few posts and moves on figuring that there
are a lot better places on the net to learn about or ask questions
about BBQ. And he would be right.

Do a history check - posts are way down and meaningful on topic posts
are few and far between.

I'll be back in a month or so to check on the death throes of the
group.

NN

Nomen Nescio[_3_] 17-11-2009 11:26 PM

WTF?

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:33:32 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:07:40 -0600, ceed wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:01:24 -0600, Nomen Nescio
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I just dropped by to see what's happening. Absolutely nothing, unless
>>> one is looking for a good buy on spares in Texas.
>>>
>>> The other 30+ posts were shit. It appears that if it wasn't for some
>>> dude named Kent jerking the group around the group would be dead.
>>> Actually, it already is...reduced to regulars flaming a troll.
>>>
>>> Way to go.
>>>

>> You "stopped by" and immediately recognized a troll. Takes one to know one
>> I guess? :)

>That fact that he ffels to need to use an anonymous re-mailer pretty
>much screams, "I have no credibility. I am a troll. Make no doubt
>about it."
>
>-sw

And my trolling - with facts - is working. I got a rise out of you. A
worthless post as you did not address any of my concerns about the
group.

For all you know, you bonehead, I might be Kent. I'm not, but
trolling is just too easy here. A fact that I'm pointing out right
now. And you just had to respond to a troll. What a effin pushover
you are. Do you understand filters and feeding trolls? Obviously
not.

The fact that I "ffels" the need to use a re mailer just might mean
that I'm a regular trying to point out a problem to the dumb _ucks who
just can't resist a troll even though it is bad for the group.
Whoooosh!!!!

How long do you boil spares before you BBQ them in the oven? How much
liquid smoke do you use in the water? Me? I usually use apple juice.

NN

Nomen Nescio[_3_] 18-11-2009 07:22 AM

WTF?

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:01:35 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:26:01 -0800, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
>> For all you know, you bonehead, I might be Kent. I'm not, but
>> trolling is just too easy here.

>You *are* the master troller.

Thanks, however it's a title I don't deserve. You just think that
because you are so easily hooked and jerked about, however you don't
see it that way.

> We have never seen such brillianceand grace in trolling until you
> came along.

We? Who is we? Where you been dude? I hope you have better
discrimination in Q'n than you do in judging trolls, although I'll
accept your compliment, misguided as it is. You just can't let a
troll go by, can you? You think we are all great and just can't wait
to introduce yourself. Then show your ass.

I have hooked you. Let's do a 100 post flame to prove just what a
troll feeder you really are. Can't filter or ignore me or any other
trolls that drop in can you? You are one ignorant twit.

>ObBBQ: Karubi Ribs at HEB tonight $1.99/lb.

Sweet Jay Suess, what a lamer you are.
You have to throw in this little tidbit - as if I gave a shit about
the price of ribs in Texas - just so you can do a little CYA. Man,
now that is pathetic. But then I suppose all regulars are following
this and you don't want to be seen as the pathetic troll feeder you
are. Even in your feeble intellect you sense the shame, but you just
can't help yourself.

Kent may, or may not be, a troll. He could be a forgetful idiot
passing out bad advise, so the 'we" you mentioned above may have
somewhat of an excuse there. I AM trolling to prove a point. And you
are sure as hell proving it for me. What is to be gained from this
jousting with trolls that is good for the group?????

And this response will hook you again. We can, just you and I, flood
the group with this so that the real posts are lost in the noise and
turn away nearly everyone who might happen upon this group during that
time. Most lurk and read awhile before posting or leaving. So let's
show them just what they have been missing.

You are proving my point. Way to go!!! You just too easy boy. I'm
not giving bum advise that needs to be corrected - I'm trolling.

One response? Perhaps. But you won't stop - I bait - you bite - until
I get bored and wander off and you can claim the win with the last
word. "I sure kicked that troll's ass - took 60 OT useless posts -
but I did it!"

Damn, what a hollow victory. But I guess a guy like you takes
whatever small victories he can get. I Won! I Won! OK dude, I don't
care. In reality, I'll finally get tired of playing with you and
wander off looking for a more challenging pool. And you will have the
last word and your win - Like I could give a shit - but not yet.

Troll or troll feeder? Which is worse? I posit that it is the feeder.
Trolls can't be stopped from appearing - such is Usenet - however if
they can't get any strikes or hook someone they move on.

You're hooked. I expect to stay and play you awhile as I have nothing
against catching Carp. In fact, I planked one last weekend over
Pecan. Bad! Bad! Bad! even with a special tangy lemon glaze known
only to trolls, so I can't post it here, sorry.

So have no worries, I'll catch and release this time. No more garbage
fish for me, I'm sticking to Brisket over oak. Or 2" KC Strips with a
nice rind of fat; done to perfection on a raging hot IR grill.

NN
I am Dr. Adewole Aremu- a director with the Union Bank of Nigeria
in Lagos. I wish to speak to you most urgently about a matter
regarding the sum of $39,000,000 US Dollars...

Kent[_2_] 18-11-2009 07:12 PM

WTF?

"ceed" > wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:01:24 -0600, Nomen Nescio
> wrote:

> I just dropped by to see what's happening. Absolutely nothing, unless
> one is looking for a good buy on spares in Texas.
>
> The other 30+ posts were shit. It appears that if it wasn't for some
> dude named Kent jerking the group around the group would be dead.
> Actually, it already is...reduced to regulars flaming a troll.
>
> Way to go.

You "stopped by" and immediately recognized a troll. Takes one to know one
I guess? :) The last two threads are Pizza on the grill and one about
beef tongue. Maybe a tad OT it being a bbq group, but absolutely
interesting in my opinion.

--
> <(((°> ceed

This is a troll, a message that is posted to create an emotional or
disruptive response.

Kent[_2_] 18-11-2009 07:15 PM

WTF?

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 14:26:01 -0800, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
>> For all you know, you bonehead, I might be Kent. I'm not, but
>> trolling is just too easy here.

> You *are* the master troller. We have never seen such brilliance
> and grace in trolling until you came along. You complain about
> trolls, yet you delight in trolling yourself. That's just plain
> genius!
>
> IOW: <yawn>
>
> You're nothing but anonymous coward. One we kicked out of here
> years ago, whimpering with his tail between his legs.
>
> -sw

This is a troll

..

Kent[_2_] 18-11-2009 07:20 PM

WTF?

"Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message
> [...]

> Troll or troll feeder? Which is worse? I posit that it is the feeder.
> Trolls can't be stopped from appearing - such is Usenet - however if
> they can't get any strikes or hook someone they move on.
>
> You're hooked. I expect to stay and play you awhile as I have nothing
> against catching Carp. In fact, I planked one last weekend over
> Pecan. Bad! Bad! Bad! even with a special tangy lemon glaze known
> only to trolls, so I can't post it here, sorry.
>
> So have no worries, I'll catch and release this time. No more garbage
> fish for me, I'm sticking to Brisket over oak. Or 2" KC Strips with a
> nice rind of fat; done to perfection on a raging hot IR grill.
>
> NN
> I am Dr. Adewole Aremu- a director with the Union Bank of Nigeria
> in Lagos. I wish to speak to you most urgently about a matter
> regarding the sum of $39,000,000 US Dollars...

I think we should stop responding to Swertz, as I had not done in this
thread. He may go away, as Kevin S. Wilson presumably did.

Kent

Kent[_2_] 18-11-2009 07:40 PM

WTF?

"Nomen Nescio" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:07:40 -0600, ceed >
> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:01:24 -0600, Nomen Nescio
> wrote:
>>
>>> I just dropped by to see what's happening. Absolutely nothing, unless
>>> one is looking for a good buy on spares in Texas.
>>>
>>> The other 30+ posts were shit. It appears that if it wasn't for some
>>> dude named Kent jerking the group around the group would be dead.
>>> Actually, it already is...reduced to regulars flaming a troll.
>>>
>>> Way to go.
>>>

>>You "stopped by" and immediately recognized a troll. Takes one to know one
>>I guess? :) The last two threads are Pizza on the grill and one about
>>beef tongue. Maybe a tad OT it being a bbq group, but absolutely
>>interesting in my opinion.

> Sure did - I come by about once a month to see if Kent is still
> jerking around the group. He is. Did you read the pizza thread?
>
> And if you recognized me as a troll...why the hell would respond. You
> simply prove my point. Ever hear of filters?
>
> Kent could troll this group with a post about wrapping a dog turd in
> foil and steaming it in a BGE and several would rise to the bait.
>
> I suppose you would find that interesting too? The argument seems to
> be that trolls have to be challenged so newbies won't be led astray.
> While that may be true, a simple statement would be enough. Instead a
> troll can start a long cascade of worthless posts and it always does.
>
> Kent haters love for Kent to post. That is probably the only reason
> they hang around.
>
> A newbie drops in, reads a few posts and moves on figuring that there
> are a lot better places on the net to learn about or ask questions
> about BBQ. And he would be right.
>
> Do a history check - posts are way down and meaningful on topic posts
> are few and far between.
>
> I'll be back in a month or so to check on the death throes of the
> group.
>
> NN

NN, I think you're right on. This NG is dead. Dead because of a small number
cynical, snotty, derogatory posters who sit on a
perch and demand a humble audience. There is little two way dialogue, only a
one way sermon on how barbecue is done. Even that is fairly rare.

This NG is going to die. It's unfortunate as this is really the only NG on
Usenet about grilling and smokinig.

This is not a troll, but an opinion. It's not intended to create a flame.

Kent

RegForte 18-11-2009 07:57 PM

WTF?

Kent wrote:

> NN, I think you're right on

NN = New Nym
for kENT

Hey Nomen/Kent/Ed/Theron

Get a life

--
Reg

Kent[_2_] 18-11-2009 09:22 PM

WTF?

"RegForte" > wrote in message
> Kent wrote:
>
>> NN, I think you're right on

> NN = New Nym
> for kENT
>
> Hey Nomen/Kent/Ed/Theron
>
> Get a life
>
> --
> Reg

I am not and have nothing to do with the name Nomen Nescio. NN's posts are
not from me. I have no personal relationship with NN.

I adopted the pseudonym Theron sometime ago to get away from the trolling
and the flaming. That had a lot to do with a very vitreolic poster who
doesn't seem to post anymore, unless he is using a pseudonym. Ed is a
nickname for Theron.

Reg, you're one of the posters I get good usable information from.

Thanks

Kent

This is not to be construed as a troll, only an explanation.

Nomen Nescio[_4_] 18-11-2009 09:22 PM

WTF?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 10:57:54 -0800, RegForte > wrote:

>Kent wrote:
>
>> NN, I think you're right on

>NN = New Nym
> for kENT
>
>Hey Nomen/Kent/Ed/Theron
>
>Get a life

Thanks for posting. I have Kent, Ed, and Theron filtered along with a
few others so I never see Kent's post unless he is quoted. Although,
in this case, I agree with Kent. I'm here for information and ideas.
I seem to have made my point about not feeding trolls. Even Squirtz
seems to have gotten it. So I'm back to my normal persona. Nomen
Nescio is retired.

I realize that bored people may prank with trolls, however it hurts
the group. If anyone just can't resist please start a new thread and
mark it OT for those of us who use filters. It will be appreciated
and not just by me.

Thanks for your time and attention to this subject.

NN

Nomen Nescio[_3_] 18-11-2009 10:21 PM

WTF?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 14:34:35 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

><yawn> Can you post Cliff notes next time?

Yes, I suppose so. Do you think you could understand them better,
troll feeder?

I see that you are still on the line, but the fighting is getting
weak.

NN

DougW[_2_] 19-11-2009 01:15 AM

WTF?

Nunya Bidnits wrote:

> That's just ignorant. Eternal-september, an anonymous NNTP server, is
> used by a lot of people, especially by many like me whose ISPs
> dropped their newsfeeds. I guess that proves that, like me, they are
> all trolls. Tell me, can you identify the posting IP or ISP of an
> eternal-september subscriber? No? I thought not.

Wouldn't call Motzarella/E-S totally anon. They do keep information
on abuse and it's in the X-Trace header (just encrypted).

Noticed E-S dropped a few days this last week. :/ Still though
they have been much better than cox for reliablity.

Just got a 6lb turkey from Aldi. It's not turkey day yet but that
little bugger is going in the cookshack this weekend. Gonna stuff
it with sliced apple, onion, and crushed garlic. Outside is going
to get a coat of olive oil, garlic, and black pepper. Using pecan
wood in my cookshack.

--
DougW

Tutall 19-11-2009 02:12 AM

WTF?

On Nov 18, 3:59*pm, "Nunya Bidnits" <nunyabidn...@eternal-
september.invalid> wrote:

> observe...
>
> <plonk>-

Because, nobody, absolutely nobody has more practice writing that than
him.

Nomen Nescio[_4_] 19-11-2009 05:12 AM

WTF?

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:30:26 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:22:34 -0800, Nomen Nescio wrote:
>
>> Even Squirtz seems to have gotten it.

>No, you just got really, really boring. I didn't even read your
>last post.
>
>-sw

Here is the Cliff Note Version.

You are an ignorant twit that loves to feed trolls more than you love
Q or this group. Your pumpkin sized ego is probably compensation for
your stud mouse size balls and total lack of common sense.

But you just cant let it go, can you? A troll comes along, hooks you,
makes fun of you for feeding trolls and you just can't let it go. Now
that is just Pathetic.

And guess what? You'll respond to this, and the next one. I'll keep
you on the line for as long as I feel like it and you are totally
helpless to stop it. And that ****es you off so you'll keep on
responding. You're hooked dude and the hook is set. I can play you
until I get bored.

Don't Feed the Trolls!

NN