Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Pizza on the grill?

Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...76525906887090
Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned and the
cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or so[internal
temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this may work.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
> Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
> http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...76525906887090
> Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned
> and the cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or
> so[internal temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this
> may work.

Most folks use a pizza stone or some sort of pan on a grill. Of course, you
are kent and are famous for being a dumbass.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
news
> Kent wrote:
>> Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
>> http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...76525906887090
>> Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned
>> and the cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or
>> so[internal temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this
>> may work.

> Most folks use a pizza stone or some sort of pan on a grill. Of course,
> you are kent and are famous for being a dumbass.
>
> --
> Dave

Come now son, don't be a smart rectum. I don't wish to flame. I know you're
disturbed. Just try to calm down.

The elevated pizza is used to bring the stone surface temp. and the "oven"
temp closer together.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 15-Nov-2009, "Kent" > wrote:

> Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
> http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...76525906887090
> Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned and
> the
> cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or so[internal
> temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this may work.
>
> Kent

The hood temp on my ECG (El Cheapo Grill) goes well over
600F when I leave it on full blast. I use a 1/2" granite rock
directly on the grate and I have no problem with the crust burning.
This is a three burner grill with the burners running side by side
vs front to back.
--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 15-Nov-2009, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Kent wrote:
> > Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
> > http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...76525906887090
> > Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned
> > and the cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or
> > so[internal temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this
> > may work.

> Most folks use a pizza stone or some sort of pan on a grill. Of course,
> you
> are kent and are famous for being a dumbass.
>
> --
> Dave

What Dave said. I think I could make flat bread directly on the grate
by flipping it once midway. But I don't see how I could do that with
a pizza. I have to use a pizza stone in conjunction with a sufficiently
hot grill with the lid down.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 15-Nov-2009, "Kent" > wrote:

> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> news
> > Kent wrote:
> >> Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
> >> http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...76525906887090
> >> Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned
> >> and the cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or
> >> so[internal temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this
> >> may work.

> > Most folks use a pizza stone or some sort of pan on a grill. Of course,
> >
> > you are kent and are famous for being a dumbass.
> >
> > --
> > Dave
> >

> Come now son, don't be a smart rectum. I don't wish to flame. I know
> you're
> disturbed. Just try to calm down.
>
> The elevated pizza is used to bring the stone surface temp. and the
> "oven"
> temp closer together.
>
> Kent

The point is that your suggesion has no merit. The ceramic cooker
guys have been making pizza for years using a stone. I do the
same thing in my el cheapo grill using a stone. Whether your theory
works in real life or not is irrelevant. Nobody needs it except
possibly yourself.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:

> Come now son, don't be a smart rectum.

Come now, my bitch, it figgers you'd assume an expertise on bungs.

> I don't wish to flame.

But you'll do it anyway because you're such a dumbass.

> I know you're disturbed.

Since your presence here disturbs most everyone, that's not near an insult.

> Just try to calm down.

Yawn. I see you still assume that your emotional state is the norm for
everyone else.

> The elevated pizza is used to bring the stone surface temp. and the
> "oven" temp closer together.

Now we see the infamous 'Kent Patented Dumbass Shuffle' in an attempt to
cover his forhead slap due to forgetting about pizza stones.

Putz.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Now we see the infamous 'Kent Patented Dumbass Shuffle' in an attempt
> to cover his forhead slap due to forgetting about pizza stones.

Big OOPS. That should have read ".....due to forgetting [past discussions]
about pizza stones

> Putz.

No correction needed there.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:27:11 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:

>Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
>http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...76525906887090
> Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned and the
>cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or so[internal
>temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this may work.
>
>Kent

Oh, just shoot me.

I have, as damn near everyone here, has been making pizza on a grill
for years.

Lets see...I have done it on the grate, on a stone, in a pan, using
gas, using lump.

The only people that need to raise it up are people that do not know
wtf they are doing.

All you need to do is treat your grill as an oven. Indirect heat.

This is not friggin rocket science.

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Nov 15, 8:27*pm, Gene > wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:27:11 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:
> >Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
> >http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...is#53992765259...
> > Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned and the
> >cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or so[internal
> >temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this may work.

> >Kent

> Oh, just shoot me.
>
> I have, as damn near everyone here, has been making pizza on a grill
> for years.
>
> Lets see...I have done it on the grate, on a stone, in a pan, using
> gas, using lump.
>
> The only people that need to raise it up are people that do not know
> wtf they are doing.
>
> All you need to do is treat your grill as an oven. Indirect heat.
>
> This is not friggin rocket science.
>
> Gene

What do you bake your pizzas on when you grill them? How long does it
take?

Kent

BTW, The strip steaks on your home page don't have a proper char and
they seem to be overdone. At least they're not rare.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Nov 15, 6:28*pm, "Brick" > wrote:
> On 15-Nov-2009, "Kent" > wrote:
>
> > Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
> >http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...is#53992765259...
> > *Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned and
> > *the
> > cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or so[internal
> > temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this may work.

> > Kent

> The hood temp on my ECG (El Cheapo Grill) goes well over
> 600F when I leave it on full blast. I use a 1/2" granite rock
> directly on the grate and I have no problem with the crust burning.
> This is a three burner grill with the burners running side by side
> vs front to back.
> --
> Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

When the hood temp is over 600F what is your grate temp? How long does
it take you to bake a pizza? You're using a granite stone? Where did
you find a granite stone?

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:45:38 -0800 (PST), Kent >
wrote:

>On Nov 15, 8:27*pm, Gene > wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:27:11 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:
>> >Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
>> >http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...is#53992765259...
>> > Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned and the
>> >cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or so[internal
>> >temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this may work.

>> >Kent

>> Oh, just shoot me.
>>
>> I have, as damn near everyone here, has been making pizza on a grill
>> for years.
>>
>> Lets see...I have done it on the grate, on a stone, in a pan, using
>> gas, using lump.
>>
>> The only people that need to raise it up are people that do not know
>> wtf they are doing.
>>
>> All you need to do is treat your grill as an oven. Indirect heat.
>>
>> This is not friggin rocket science.
>>
>> Gene
>>

>What do you bake your pizzas on when you grill them? How long does it
>take?
>
>Kent
>
>BTW, The strip steaks on your home page don't have a proper char and
>they seem to be overdone. At least they're not rare.

You are not going to bait me.

You are not the least bit interested in how I cook pizza on a grill.

The steaks on my home page were cooked to Med. Rare. So you are
correct, they are not rare. The char is proper. SHOW me your char.
While you are at it, show me grill lines that come close to mine.
Show me anything you have cooked.

Cooks and Chefs have commented on my home page, if the char was in
any way improper, one of those RESPECTED people would have gave me
input. The reason they did not, and you did, speaks volumes about your
level of culinary achievement.

You telling me a steak that I grilled is not properly charred is like
a monkey about to screw an elephant telling her "hold on, this is
going to hurt".

Next thing you will ask is if I know how to grill toilet paper. Well I
got an answer for you. No I can not.

But I CAN brown it on one side for you.

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Gene" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:45:38 -0800 (PST), Kent >
> wrote:

>>> Oh, just shoot me.
>>>
>>> I have, as damn near everyone here, has been making pizza on a grill
>>> for years.
>>>
>>> Lets see...I have done it on the grate, on a stone, in a pan, using
>>> gas, using lump.
>>>
>>> The only people that need to raise it up are people that do not know
>>> wtf they are doing.
>>>
>>> All you need to do is treat your grill as an oven. Indirect heat.
>>>
>>> This is not friggin rocket science.
>>>
>>> Gene
>>>

>>What do you bake your pizzas on when you grill them? How long does it
>>take?
>>
>>Kent
>>
>>BTW, The strip steaks on your home page don't have a proper char and
>>they seem to be overdone. At least they're not rare.

> You are not going to bait me.
>
> You are not the least bit interested in how I cook pizza on a grill.
>
> The steaks on my home page were cooked to Med. Rare. So you are
> correct, they are not rare. The char is proper. SHOW me your char.
> While you are at it, show me grill lines that come close to mine.
> Show me anything you have cooked.
>
> Cooks and Chefs have commented on my home page, if the char was in
> any way improper, one of those RESPECTED people would have gave me
> input. The reason they did not, and you did, speaks volumes about your
> level of culinary achievement.
>
> You telling me a steak that I grilled is not properly charred is like
> a monkey about to screw an elephant telling her "hold on, this is
> going to hurt".
>
> Next thing you will ask is if I know how to grill toilet paper. Well I
> got an answer for you. No I can not.
>
> But I CAN brown it on one side for you.
>
> Gene

A properly charred steak shouldn't have grate marks on it. It should look
something like this.
http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squ...hris-steak.jpg ,
even though that's not a very good picture. Your strip steak photo appears
contrived. The steak is sitting on top of cast iron grates with unlit
charcoal beneath. Surrounding the steak is mist, as though it was emerging
from a very hot grill. Again, with that much non charred meat between the
grate marks those steaks have to be pretty overdone.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>A properly charred steak shouldn't have grate marks on it. It should look
>something like this.
>http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squ...hris-steak.jpg ,
>even though that's not a very good picture. Your strip steak photo appears
>contrived. The steak is sitting on top of cast iron grates with unlit
>charcoal beneath. Surrounding the steak is mist, as though it was emerging
>from a very hot grill. Again, with that much non charred meat between the
>grate marks those steaks have to be pretty overdone.

Snip

The pic you sent me to is a Fillet you dumb ****.

My steaks on my site were cooked on a gas grill, hence, no charcoal.
Which any moron that looked at the pic more than 10 seconds would have
noticed. As to "contrived" I have an entire series on cooking those
very steaks.

Mist my ass. It was a very hot grill. Want to test it out? Not only
does it leave nice grill marks on steak, but faces too.

The grates are porcelain coated cast iron. The temp at the grates was
around 700 degrees. You put meat on those things and it will leave
those marks, and char too.

OK, I'm done with you. "PLONK".

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

using anything from that steak house over priced fraud speaks volumes. Lee

--
Have a great day
"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Gene" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:45:38 -0800 (PST), Kent >
>> wrote:

>>>What do you bake your pizzas on when you grill them? How long does it
>>>take?
>>>
>>>Kent
>>>
>>>BTW, The strip steaks on your home page don't have a proper char and
>>>they seem to be overdone. At least they're not rare.

>> You are not going to bait me.
>>
>> You are not the least bit interested in how I cook pizza on a grill.
>>
>> The steaks on my home page were cooked to Med. Rare. So you are
>> correct, they are not rare. The char is proper. SHOW me your char.
>> While you are at it, show me grill lines that come close to mine.
>> Show me anything you have cooked.
>>
>> Cooks and Chefs have commented on my home page, if the char was in
>> any way improper, one of those RESPECTED people would have gave me
>> input. The reason they did not, and you did, speaks volumes about your
>> level of culinary achievement.
>>
>> You telling me a steak that I grilled is not properly charred is like
>> a monkey about to screw an elephant telling her "hold on, this is
>> going to hurt".
>>
>> Next thing you will ask is if I know how to grill toilet paper. Well I
>> got an answer for you. No I can not.
>>
>> But I CAN brown it on one side for you.
>>
>> Gene
>>

> A properly charred steak shouldn't have grate marks on it. It should look
> something like this.
> http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squ...hris-steak.jpg ,
> even though that's not a very good picture. Your strip steak photo appears
> contrived. The steak is sitting on top of cast iron grates with unlit
> charcoal beneath. Surrounding the steak is mist, as though it was emerging
> from a very hot grill. Again, with that much non charred meat between the
> grate marks those steaks have to be pretty overdone.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Gene" > wrote in message
> snip
>>>

>>A properly charred steak shouldn't have grate marks on it. It should look
>>something like this.
>>http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squ...hris-steak.jpg
>>,
>>even though that's not a very good picture. Your strip steak photo appears
>>contrived. The steak is sitting on top of cast iron grates with unlit
>>charcoal beneath. Surrounding the steak is mist, as though it was emerging
>>from a very hot grill. Again, with that much non charred meat between the
>>grate marks those steaks have to be pretty overdone.

> Snip
>
> The pic you sent me to is a Fillet you dumb ****.
>
> My steaks on my site were cooked on a gas grill, hence, no charcoal.
> Which any moron that looked at the pic more than 10 seconds would have
> noticed. As to "contrived" I have an entire series on cooking those
> very steaks.
>
> Mist my ass. It was a very hot grill. Want to test it out? Not only
> does it leave nice grill marks on steak, but faces too.
>
> The grates are porcelain coated cast iron. The temp at the grates was
> around 700 degrees. You put meat on those things and it will leave
> those marks, and char too.
>
> OK, I'm done with you. "PLONK".
>
> Gene

It looks like it was grilled on gas. You shouldn't grill steaks on a gas
grill. A grate temp of 700F isn't hot enough to sear a steak properly. The
present gas grills just aren't hot enough, with rare exceptions beginning at
>$1,000. If you have to use a gas grill, use the porcelain coated grates

with the flat side up. This sears a larger area of the steak. That improves
things, but not by much. You also have to grill with the lid down, which
bakes ths steak through and through.

Let's hear it for charcoal.

Kent

"Plonk" Ha! Your head is in the sand, or is it in some other unmentionable
place?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmmee" > wrote in message
> using anything from that steak house over priced fraud speaks volumes.
> Lee
>
> --
> Have a great day
> "Kent" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Gene" > wrote in message

>>> You are not going to bait me.
>>>
>>> You are not the least bit interested in how I cook pizza on a grill.
>>>
>>> The steaks on my home page were cooked to Med. Rare. So you are
>>> correct, they are not rare. The char is proper. SHOW me your char.
>>> While you are at it, show me grill lines that come close to mine.
>>> Show me anything you have cooked.
>>>
>>> Cooks and Chefs have commented on my home page, if the char was in
>>> any way improper, one of those RESPECTED people would have gave me
>>> input. The reason they did not, and you did, speaks volumes about your
>>> level of culinary achievement.
>>>
>>> You telling me a steak that I grilled is not properly charred is like
>>> a monkey about to screw an elephant telling her "hold on, this is
>>> going to hurt".
>>>
>>> Next thing you will ask is if I know how to grill toilet paper. Well I
>>> got an answer for you. No I can not.
>>>
>>> But I CAN brown it on one side for you.
>>>
>>> Gene
>>>

>> A properly charred steak shouldn't have grate marks on it. It should look
>> something like this.
>> http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squ...hris-steak.jpg ,
>> even though that's not a very good picture. Your strip steak photo
>> appears contrived. The steak is sitting on top of cast iron grates with
>> unlit charcoal beneath. Surrounding the steak is mist, as though it was
>> emerging from a very hot grill. Again, with that much non charred meat
>> between the grate marks those steaks have to be pretty overdone.

It was done to illustrate, nothing else. Go back to:
http://www.ruthschris.com/Menu/Steaks
and pull up "New York Strip" on their menu. That's what I aim for when I
grill a steak, a uniform char and pink meat edge to edge. Today you can only
accomplish that with charcoal, and even that's hard. That will change when
high output infrared grills become commonplace. But it isn't that way now.

Kent

That NY strip, by the way, costs $55 a la carte at the Ruth Chris
restaurant. That's one of the reasons we do it in the home. We also like our
patio.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Gene" > wrote in message
>> snip
>>>>
>>>A properly charred steak shouldn't have grate marks on it. It should look
>>>something like this.
>>>http://static.squidoo.com/resize/squ...hris-steak.jpg
>>>,
>>>even though that's not a very good picture. Your strip steak photo
>>>appears
>>>contrived. The steak is sitting on top of cast iron grates with unlit
>>>charcoal beneath. Surrounding the steak is mist, as though it was
>>>emerging
>>>from a very hot grill. Again, with that much non charred meat between the
>>>grate marks those steaks have to be pretty overdone.

>> Snip
>>
>> The pic you sent me to is a Fillet you dumb ****.
>>
>> My steaks on my site were cooked on a gas grill, hence, no charcoal.
>> Which any moron that looked at the pic more than 10 seconds would have
>> noticed. As to "contrived" I have an entire series on cooking those
>> very steaks.
>>
>> Mist my ass. It was a very hot grill. Want to test it out? Not only
>> does it leave nice grill marks on steak, but faces too.
>>
>> The grates are porcelain coated cast iron. The temp at the grates was
>> around 700 degrees. You put meat on those things and it will leave
>> those marks, and char too.
>>
>> OK, I'm done with you. "PLONK".
>>
>> Gene
>>

> It looks like it was grilled on gas. You shouldn't grill steaks on a gas
> grill. A grate temp of 700F isn't hot enough to sear a steak properly. The
> present gas grills just aren't hot enough, with rare exceptions beginning
> at
> >$1,000. If you have to use a gas grill, use the porcelain coated grates

> with the flat side up. This sears a larger area of the steak. That
> improves things, but not by much. You also have to grill with the lid
> down, which bakes ths steak through and through.

You shouldn't have to grill a steak with the lid down. You don't want to
"bake" it; you want to grill it. Gas grills, however, just don't get hot
enough with the lid up to sear a steak properly.
Sorry for the confusion,

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Gene" > wrote in message

> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

Gene, I visited your website to see how the steaks looked. IMHO,
they looked swell and I'd be darned happy to serve them to my own
family. Please freeze up a few cooked that way and when you're
ready, I'll send you my address. <grin>

FWIW, I would call your steaks "char rare" and that's exactly the
way I cook mine here at the Nonnyhouse.

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs
out of both sides of a drunken
Congressman's mouth?

The floor is level.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmmee" > wrote in message
> using anything from that steak house over priced fraud speaks
> volumes. Lee

I wouldn't call it fraud, Lee. IMHO, it's a place that gets all
it can for its product, which is just business. I've never been
to one, but gave coupons for 2 free dinners there to my son and
his wife. They felt it was a darn good steak they had, but would
not have been something they'd have paid money to get.

Like most of us here in the newsgroup, I prefer to do my own
steaks at home. When I eat out, I like to get things I'm too lazy
to cobble up here at the house.

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs
out of both sides of a drunken
Congressman’s mouth?

The floor is level.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonny wrote:
> "Gene" > wrote in message
>

>> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

> Gene, I visited your website to see how the steaks looked. IMHO,
> they looked swell and I'd be darned happy to serve them to my own
> family.

Ditto to that.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:32:45 -0800, "Nonny" > wrote:

>"Gene" > wrote in message
.. .

>> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

>Gene, I visited your website to see how the steaks looked. IMHO,
>they looked swell and I'd be darned happy to serve them to my own
>family. Please freeze up a few cooked that way and when you're
>ready, I'll send you my address. <grin>
>
>FWIW, I would call your steaks "char rare" and that's exactly the
>way I cook mine here at the Nonnyhouse.

Thank you!

And thanks for visiting the site.

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 12:42:12 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Nonny wrote:
>> "Gene" > wrote in message
>>

>>> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

>> Gene, I visited your website to see how the steaks looked. IMHO,
>> they looked swell and I'd be darned happy to serve them to my own
>> family.

>Ditto to that.

Thanks Dave!

I kill filed the ass. Life is to short to play with 11 yo kids on the
internet.

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 16-Nov-2009, Kent > wrote:

> On Nov 15, 6:28*pm, "Brick" > wrote:
> > On 15-Nov-2009, "Kent" > wrote:
> >
> > > Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?

> > > *Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned
> > > and
> > > *the
> > > cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or
> > > so[internal
> > > temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this may work.

> > > Kent

> > The hood temp on my ECG (El Cheapo Grill) goes well over
> > 600F when I leave it on full blast. I use a 1/2" granite rock
> > directly on the grate and I have no problem with the crust burning.
> > This is a three burner grill with the burners running side by side
> > vs front to back.
> > --
> > Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

> When the hood temp is over 600F what is your grate temp? How long does
> it take you to bake a pizza? You're using a granite stone? Where did
> you find a granite stone?
>
> Kent

1. I have no idea what the grate temp is except that it is hot enough to
totally clean the grates down to the bare metal.

2. It takes about 10 minutes or less to bake a pizza on/in my grill.

3. I got the stone at some kitchen gadget store many years ago.
It was featured as a cutting board with rubber feet on it. I cut off
the feet and use it as an oven stone. Maybe it's marble. It's a flat
stone, one half inch thick and large enough to bake a 12 inch pizza.
It works well and doesn't crack. I clean it by running it through a
self cleaning cycle in my oven.
--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 15-Nov-2009, Gene > wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:27:11 -0800, "Kent" > wrote:
>
> >Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?

> > Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned and
> > the
> >cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or so[internal
> >
> >temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this may work.
> >
> >Kent
> >

> Oh, just shoot me.
>
> I have, as damn near everyone here, has been making pizza on a grill
> for years.
>
> Lets see...I have done it on the grate, on a stone, in a pan, using
> gas, using lump.
>
> The only people that need to raise it up are people that do not know
> wtf they are doing.
>
> All you need to do is treat your grill as an oven. Indirect heat.
>
> This is not friggin rocket science.
>
> Gene

A voice of reason in the midst of chaos. That's what it would be if
Kent were an honest person. Alas Kent is an instigator whose only
desire is to promote chaos. He isn't here to learn anything. If he
were, he would have been fully educated on the subject of BBQ
many years ago. Ditto on the subject of stovetop or oven cooking
of just about anything you can name. If he were for real, he would
have long since killed himself, his family and several neighbors with
his Rube Goldberg concoctions.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 16-Nov-2009, Gene > wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:45:38 -0800 (PST), Kent >
> wrote:

> >> Oh, just shoot me.
> >>
> >> I have, as damn near everyone here, has been making pizza on a grill
> >> for years.
> >>
> >> Lets see...I have done it on the grate, on a stone, in a pan, using
> >> gas, using lump.
> >>
> >> The only people that need to raise it up are people that do not know
> >> wtf they are doing.
> >>
> >> All you need to do is treat your grill as an oven. Indirect heat.
> >>
> >> This is not friggin rocket science.
> >>
> >> Gene
> >>

> >What do you bake your pizzas on when you grill them? How long does it
> >take?
> >
> >Kent
> >
> >BTW, The strip steaks on your home page don't have a proper char and
> >they seem to be overdone. At least they're not rare.

> You are not going to bait me.
>
> You are not the least bit interested in how I cook pizza on a grill.
>
> The steaks on my home page were cooked to Med. Rare. So you are
> correct, they are not rare. The char is proper. SHOW me your char.
> While you are at it, show me grill lines that come close to mine.
> Show me anything you have cooked.
>
> Cooks and Chefs have commented on my home page, if the char was in
> any way improper, one of those RESPECTED people would have gave me
> input. The reason they did not, and you did, speaks volumes about your
> level of culinary achievement.
>
> You telling me a steak that I grilled is not properly charred is like
> a monkey about to screw an elephant telling her "hold on, this is
> going to hurt".
>
> Next thing you will ask is if I know how to grill toilet paper. Well I
> got an answer for you. No I can not.
>
> But I CAN brown it on one side for you.
>
> Gene

I wish I had a reply better than ROTFLMAO, but that's all
I have to work with. I particularly liked the browing toilet
paper on one side. I will add that to my list of one liners.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

you are probably right fraud was a bit strong. DH is a huge steak lover, he
ate there once and only once, he can eat it as long as its not cold... a
very rare eater, they made his steak three times before he got what he was
after, and he said the quality of the meat was not what he expected... he
wouldn't mind paying what they asked if it was worh it, Lee, glad your kids
did enjoy it though

--
Have a wonderful day

"Nonny" > wrote in message
news

> "Stormmmee" > wrote in message
>> using anything from that steak house over priced fraud speaks volumes.
>> Lee

> I wouldn't call it fraud, Lee. IMHO, it's a place that gets all it can
> for its product, which is just business. I've never been to one, but gave
> coupons for 2 free dinners there to my son and his wife. They felt it was
> a darn good steak they had, but would not have been something they'd have
> paid money to get.
>
> Like most of us here in the newsgroup, I prefer to do my own steaks at
> home. When I eat out, I like to get things I'm too lazy to cobble up here
> at the house.
>
> --
> Nonny
>
> What does it mean when drool runs
> out of both sides of a drunken
> Congressman’s mouth?
>
> The floor is level.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>> Next thing you will ask is if I know how to grill toilet paper. Well I
>> got an answer for you. No I can not.
>>
>> But I CAN brown it on one side for you.
>>
>> Gene

>I wish I had a reply better than ROTFLMAO, but that's all
>I have to work with. I particularly liked the browing toilet
>paper on one side. I will add that to my list of one liners.

Snip

I thought someone might like that one

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

If he were for real, he would
>have long since killed himself, his family and several neighbors with
>his Rube Goldberg concoctions.

I would pay real money to see that.

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:
> A voice of reason in the midst of chaos. That's what it would be if
> Kent were an honest person. Alas Kent is an instigator whose only
> desire is to promote chaos. He isn't here to learn anything. If he
> were, he would have been fully educated on the subject of BBQ
> many years ago. Ditto on the subject of stovetop or oven cooking
> of just about anything you can name. If he were for real, he would
> have long since killed himself, his family and several neighbors with
> his Rube Goldberg concoctions.

ROTFLMAO!!!! That was priceless, Brick.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:06:54 -0600, Gene wrote:
>
>> Mist my ass. It was a very hot grill. Want to test it out? Not only
>> does it leave nice grill marks on steak, but faces too.

> Kent has been searching for those perfect grill marks for years. He
> wants the hottest grill and the coldest smoker. He is determined
> that they don't exist and food will not be cooked properly without
> them....

which, along with his untreated syphylis, has lead to a lonely and
horrifically depressed view of life in general and charred steaks and
brining in particular.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:40:24 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:06:54 -0600, Gene wrote:
>
>> Mist my ass. It was a very hot grill. Want to test it out? Not only
>> does it leave nice grill marks on steak, but faces too.

>Kent has been searching for those perfect grill marks for years. He
>wants the hottest grill and the coldest smoker. He is determined
>that they don't exist and food will not be cooked properly without
>them. Hence, your steaks are inferior.
>
>-sw

Yea. He is a pathetic attention whore.

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:35:30 -0800, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:06:54 -0600, Gene wrote:
>>
>>> Mist my ass. It was a very hot grill. Want to test it out? Not only
>>> does it leave nice grill marks on steak, but faces too.

>> Kent has been searching for those perfect grill marks for years. He
>> wants the hottest grill and the coldest smoker. He is determined
>> that they don't exist and food will not be cooked properly without
>> them....

>which, along with his untreated syphylis, has lead to a lonely and
>horrifically depressed view of life in general and charred steaks and
>brining in particular.

You forgot the brain damage he incurred getting his ass kicked in
school every day for being such a twit.

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:37:31 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 00:08:31 -0600, Gene wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:45:38 -0800 (PST), Kent >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>BTW, The strip steaks on your home page don't have a proper char and
>>>they seem to be overdone. At least they're not rare.

>> You are not going to bait me.

>Now this oughta be good: Gene and Kent going at it.
>
>You used the same line on me yesterday.
>
>-sw

What? "You are not going to bait me"?

Guess what? It was as true then as it is now

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 13:10:46 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:44:33 -0600, Gene wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:40:24 -0600, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>>Kent has been searching for those perfect grill marks for years. He
>>>wants the hottest grill and the coldest smoker. He is determined
>>>that they don't exist and food will not be cooked properly without
>>>them. Hence, your steaks are inferior.

>> Yea. He is a pathetic attention whore.

>You used that line on me the other day, too! (I prefer
>"slut" by the way).
>
>-sw

OK, Slut!

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Nov 17, 11:09*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:46:08 -0600, Gene wrote:

> ObBBQ: HEB Lean, shredded smoked Brisket in BBQ sauce for lunch.
> While searching for apituire of the product, I cam across this gen
> on the HEB site:
>
> http://www.heb.com/mealtime/CT-brisketSecrets.jsp
>
> Here's some of my favorite highlights from the article:

Heh, with advice like that it looks like some fellow Californian is
still trying to get revenge on you Texans for Enron.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:27:11 -0800, Kent wrote:
>
>> Have any tried this, elevating the pizza stone on the grill?
>> http://picasaweb.google.ca/mark.brid...76525906887090
>> Everytime I try to make a pizza on the grill the crust gets burned and
>> the
>> cheese doesn't melt. If you can get your grill up to 550F or so[internal
>> temp, not grate temp] using it as a pizza oven like this may work.

> On May 6th 2006, you gave 20 reasons not to grill pizza, ending with
> this:
>
> "Finally,,,grilling pizza doesn't add any "grill taste". You're not
> accomplishing anything other than making the whole process more
> difficult. "
>
> Take your own advice. Please.
>
> -sw

My post above, the genesis of this thread, was about a pizza "baking?"
technique that I hadn't heard before. I was asking if any had tried raising
the stone, as the URL above indicates, to solve the problem of having a
marked difference between the temperature just under the lid and the
temperature at the grate. The technique solved the crust timing and the
topping timming problem for this poster on another NG.. I've always had
this problem when I've tried to bake a pizza directly on a stone on the
grill grate. The crust bakes too fast and the topping doesn't cook
adequately.

My post was reasonable because I don't think that idea had been presented on
this NG before. It was something new to try. Some on this NG may do this
routinely.It would be of value ot share that.

Regarding my post[s] 3 1/2 years ago, I think it's very appropriate to
address that same issue now and then. There are new lurkers and posters.
It's the purpose of a NG to hear new ideas and thoughts that you may not
find in a recipe book. I've learned a few things about cooking from you,
when your post is about cooking..

I think Norman Nescio in his post below is right on. This NG is dead. Dead
because of a small number cynical, snotty, derogatory posters who sit on a
perch and demand a humble audience. There is little two way dialogue, only a
one way sermon on how something is done. Even that is fairly rare. That
small number of preachers include you, and four or five others; they needn't
be named. .You're going to say I'm in that same group. I'm not. My only
flaming posts, few in number, are intended to be in response to those above.
Those are very few. Obviously they're going to continue in the same fashion,
and the NG is going to die. It's unfortunate as this is really the only NG
on Usenet about grilling and smokinig.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:

<Yawn> <Rubbing eyes> Hmmm....I thought someone said something. Guess I was
wrong.

--
Dave