Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Veal rack question

On a website, saw veal racks described as 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4. Any idea
what they're talking about?
http://www.straussbrands.com/veal_cuts_rib.shtml
Middle of the page. . .they look real similar.
TIA
Pierre
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Pierre" > wrote in message
> On a website, saw veal racks described as 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4. Any idea
> what they're talking about?
> http://www.straussbrands.com/veal_cuts_rib.shtml
> Middle of the page. . .they look real similar.
> TIA
> Pierre

the 2x2 looks like the pointy end has been cut off, as compared with the
4x4. It would be good to see if anyone else has a more definitive answer.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Wallace wrote:
> "Pierre" > wrote in message
>> On a website, saw veal racks described as 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4. Any idea
>> what they're talking about?
>> http://www.straussbrands.com/veal_cuts_rib.shtml
>> Middle of the page. . .they look real similar.
>> TIA
>> Pierre

> the 2x2 looks like the pointy end has been cut off, as compared with the
> 4x4. It would be good to see if anyone else has a more definitive answer.

all wheel veal?

<ducks>
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Pierre" > wrote in message
> On a website, saw veal racks described as 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4. Any idea
> what they're talking about?
> http://www.straussbrands.com/veal_cuts_rib.shtml
> Middle of the page. . .they look real similar.
> TIA
> Pierre

I don't have a clue, but check out the price here.
http://www.lobels.com/store/main/item.asp?item=14
$50 a pound

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Nov 6, 5:34*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Pierre" > wrote in message

> > On a website, saw veal racks described as 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4. *Any idea
> > what they're talking about?
> >http://www.straussbrands.com/veal_cuts_rib.shtml
> > Middle of the page. . .they look real similar.
> > TIA
> > Pierre

> I don't have a clue, but check out the price here.http://www.lobels.com/store/main/item.asp?item=14
> $50 a pound

Thanks Ed. I'll just turn my head and caugh.