Old 22-10-2009, 01:14 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Ques' on grilling salmon

Bob-tx wrote:
Have never grilled, smoked, cooked, or eaten fresh salmon. Want to
try grilling some. Any suggestions on spices, techniques, etc?

Thanks, Bob-tx

Boy, are you in for a treat, "Bob-tx"! There's little from the ocean that
I don't like. But Salmon has to near the top of my "I love it!" list...

Here's the recipe I use:
http://www.innerlodge.com/Recipes/Me...ood/salmon.htm

Enjoy!

Dusty
--
So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who
wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and

Old 22-10-2009, 04:17 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 21, 5:14*pm, "BakerBoy"
wrote:
Bob-tx wrote:

Boy, are you in for a treat, "Bob-tx"! *There's little from the ocean that
I don't like. *But Salmon has to near the top of my "I love it!" list....

Here's the recipe I use:http://www.innerlodge.com/Recipes/Me...ood/salmon.htm

Heh, you had me at:

"I use this basic recipe for most everything we cook on the grill, and
we cook most everything we eat on the grill."

Won't go far wrong following your steps.
Old 22-10-2009, 04:06 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bob-tx wrote:
Have never grilled, smoked, cooked, or eaten fresh salmon. Want to
try grilling some. Any suggestions on spices, techniques, etc?

Here's a link to how salmon is traditionally done in the PNW:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/salmon.htm

The one recipe I grew up with appears to be missing, but it's real simple.
Salmon on the grill, skin side down, either on, or off foil (I prefer on
foil or cedar plank, it's easier to clean up and the fish doesn't stick to
the grill), thin slice some Walla Walla Sweet onion and some lemons, squeeze
a bit of lemon juice over the fish, then put some sliced onions and lemon
across the fish and cook until done (130degF). Remove from heat and let rest
for a few minutes before serving.

--

--Brett

Old 23-10-2009, 05:39 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 20:21:47 -0700, "Nonny" wrote:

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
.. .

Janet, we have Salmon roughly weekly. We usually do it with the
same method, and you might want to give it a try.

Salmon is cut into fillets with the skin ON. It's washed and
drained before preparation, then doused liberally with olive oil.

Placed skin side down, the flesh side is then sprinkled with
Kosher salt and then covered liberally with dry dill weed.
Period.

The grill is preheated to as high as it goes, then the grates
sprayed with Pam for Grilling. Immediately, the salmon is placed
flesh side down and cooked for 3-4 minutes, max. It's then
flipped to flesh side up and cooked until the thickest part is
120f maximum. By then, the skin is hardened at the edges.

It's served with our ginger butter sauce, which I've posted
before. If you ask, I'll post it again. We serve the salmon in
about 8 ounce fillets per person and that seems to be about right.
Most prefer to flip the fillet over, remove the skin and then use
the side of a fork to remove most of the dark fat/line before
flipping it back over and enjoying.

I plank the salmon on a soaked cedar plank, spinkle with lemon zest,
olive oil, dill, and pepper and salt to taste.

cook it on indirect medium on my gas grill.

Desideria
Old 25-10-2009, 04:02 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Pete C. wrote:
Bob-tx wrote:

Have never grilled, smoked, cooked, or eaten fresh salmon. Want to
try grilling some. Any suggestions on spices, techniques, etc?

Thanks, Bob-tx

I typically smoke a side of salmon in the smoker when I'm smoking 'Q.
Since the brisket takes nearly forever and the salmon only a couple
hours the salmon is a nice lunch while tending the smoker. I never add
anything but a little salt and pepper.

Good stuff Pete. Back in the day when I started all this
nonsense I would steak cut the Salmon 1.5"-2.0" and put in a
ECB with mesquite wood. Smoke for 2 hours and serve on a bed
of greens with light Italian salad dressing.

I caught Cindy's heart that way. )

Craig

Need info on grilling salmon [email protected] General Cooking 21 02-06-2007 06:37 AM
Guinness ques. Time Traveler Beer 6 12-04-2007 09:48 PM
Dinner tonight - winter salmon grilling Alexis General Cooking 0 18-12-2006 04:50 AM
Steak Grilling and Flipping Ques. Pedro Barbecue 56 13-07-2004 04:36 AM
Grilling Salmon jmcquown General Cooking 33 04-06-2004 05:34 PM