Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Barbecue explained.

Hi,

My wife was asking me: "Why do you spend all that time out there with the
brisket in that pit of yours? It's very good and all, but all that time!"
I said to her: "You never ask me when I take my time in bed. Same thing".
Now she understands what it's all about.

Been up since 4 am with my brisket for the weekend!

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 06:51:54 -0500, ceed >
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My wife was asking me: "Why do you spend all that time out there with the
>brisket in that pit of yours? It's very good and all, but all that time!"
>I said to her: "You never ask me when I take my time in bed. Same thing".
>Now she understands what it's all about.
>
>Been up since 4 am with my brisket for the weekend!

Hmm. With the brisket, not the wife? <g>

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

ceed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My wife was asking me: "Why do you spend all that time out there with
> the brisket in that pit of yours? It's very good and all, but all that
> time!" I said to her: "You never ask me when I take my time in bed. Same
> thing". Now she understands what it's all about.
>
> Been up since 4 am with my brisket for the weekend!

ceed,

Great explaination! : )

I have a neighbor that owns a 55 Chevy and every weekend he is gone
showing it, at least your at home! Men gotta have our obsessions too!

What cooker are you using, what fuel? Cooking brisket direct or indirect?

--
Regards, Piedmont

https://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/home
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

ceed > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My wife was asking me: "Why do you spend all that time out there with the
> brisket in that pit of yours? It's very good and all, but all that time!"
> I said to her: "You never ask me when I take my time in bed. Same thing".
> Now she understands what it's all about.
>
> Been up since 4 am with my brisket for the weekend!

You drink beer in bed?

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:44:33 -0500, piedmont > wrote:

> ceed,
> Great explaination! : )
> I have a neighbor that owns a 55 Chevy and every weekend he is gone
> showing it, at least your at home! Men gotta have our obsessions too!
> What cooker are you using, what fuel? Cooking brisket direct or
> indirect?

I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast iron
monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to hire
four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
he http://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257

--
//ceed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:08:06 -0500, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

> You drink beer in bed?

I have, but not very often..

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:24:54 -0500, ceed >
wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:44:33 -0500, piedmont > wrote:
>
>> ceed,
>> Great explaination! : )
>> I have a neighbor that owns a 55 Chevy and every weekend he is gone
>> showing it, at least your at home! Men gotta have our obsessions too!
>> What cooker are you using, what fuel? Cooking brisket direct or
>> indirect?

>I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast iron
>monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
>before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to hire
>four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
>he http://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257

Thanks but I'm not creating an account to view 1 picture.

Gene

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"
Thomas Jefferson
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Oct-2009, ceed > wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:44:33 -0500, piedmont > wrote:
>
> > ceed,
> > Great explaination! : )
> > I have a neighbor that owns a 55 Chevy and every weekend he is gone
> > showing it, at least your at home! Men gotta have our obsessions too!
> > What cooker are you using, what fuel? Cooking brisket direct or
> > indirect?

> I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast iron
>
> monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
> before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to
> hire
> four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
> he http://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257
>
> --
> //ceed

No I can't. Your photos don't present when I link to that site. I'm not
going to jump through hoops so see somebody's pictures.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Oct-2009, Nick Cramer > wrote:

> ceed > wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My wife was asking me: "Why do you spend all that time out there with
> > the
> > brisket in that pit of yours? It's very good and all, but all that
> > time!"
> > I said to her: "You never ask me when I take my time in bed. Same
> > thing".
> > Now she understands what it's all about.
> >
> > Been up since 4 am with my brisket for the weekend!

> You drink beer in bed?
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV

Some of us do. Others require vodka.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:49:25 -0500, Gene > wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:24:54 -0500, ceed >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:44:33 -0500, piedmont > wrote:
>>
>>> ceed,
>>> Great explaination! : )
>>> I have a neighbor that owns a 55 Chevy and every weekend he is gone
>>> showing it, at least your at home! Men gotta have our obsessions too!
>>> What cooker are you using, what fuel? Cooking brisket direct or
>>> indirect?

>> I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast
>> iron
>> monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
>> before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to
>> hire
>> four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
>> he http://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257

> Thanks but I'm not creating an account to view 1 picture.
>
> Gene
>
> "If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines
> they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the
> souls of those who live under tyranny"
> Thomas Jefferson

Didn't know you had to create an account. Sorry.

--
//ceed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:09:29 -0500, Brick >
wrote:

> On 17-Oct-2009, ceed > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:44:33 -0500, piedmont > wrote:
>>
>> > ceed,
>> > Great explaination! : )
>> > I have a neighbor that owns a 55 Chevy and every weekend he is gone
>> > showing it, at least your at home! Men gotta have our obsessions too!
>> > What cooker are you using, what fuel? Cooking brisket direct or
>> > indirect?

>> I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast
>> iron
>>
>> monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
>> before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to
>> hire
>> four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
>> he http://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257
>>
>> --
>> //ceed

> No I can't. Your photos don't present when I link to that site. I'm not
> going to jump through hoops so see somebody's pictures.

Looks like I had made the picture private. Now it's public. Don't know if
you have to create an account or not though.

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:23:34 -0500, ceed >
wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:49:25 -0500, Gene > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:24:54 -0500, ceed >
>> wrote:

>>> I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast
>>> iron
>>> monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
>>> before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to
>>> hire
>>> four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
>>> he http://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257

>> Thanks but I'm not creating an account to view 1 picture.
>>
>> Gene
>>
>> "If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines
>> they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the
>> souls of those who live under tyranny"
>> Thomas Jefferson

>Didn't know you had to create an account. Sorry.

That's OK. Go over to alt.binaries.food and post it.

Might be a good idea to check that group out. Lots of good food to be
had!

Gene

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"
Thomas Jefferson
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:26:13 -0500, ceed >
wrote:

>On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:09:29 -0500, Brick >
>wrote:

>>> I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast
>>> iron
>>>
>>> monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
>>> before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to
>>> hire
>>> four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
>>> he http://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257
>>>
>>> --
>>> //ceed

>> No I can't. Your photos don't present when I link to that site. I'm not
>> going to jump through hoops so see somebody's pictures.
>>

>Looks like I had made the picture private. Now it's public. Don't know if
>you have to create an account or not though.

Much better. Looks nice. Was it on wheels? Why would it take 5 guys to
move it. You really do need to drink more beer. It will not make you
stronger, but it will make you THINK you are stronger and can move it!

Gene

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"
Thomas Jefferson
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Oct-2009, Gene > wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:23:34 -0500, ceed >
> wrote:
>
> >On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:49:25 -0500, Gene >
> >wrote:

> >> Thanks but I'm not creating an account to view 1 picture.
> >>
> >> Gene
> >>
> >> "If people let government decide what foods they eat and what
> >> medicines
> >> they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the
> >> souls of those who live under tyranny"
> >> Thomas Jefferson

> >Didn't know you had to create an account. Sorry.

> That's OK. Go over to alt.binaries.food and post it.
>
> Might be a good idea to check that group out. Lots of good food to be
> had!
>
> Gene

And several of the folks that post here, post their pictures over there.
Plus there, you often get the recipe that goes with the picture.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 22:04:41 GMT, "Brick"
> wrote:

>On 17-Oct-2009, Gene > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:23:34 -0500, ceed >
>> wrote:

>> >Didn't know you had to create an account. Sorry.

>> That's OK. Go over to alt.binaries.food and post it.
>>
>> Might be a good idea to check that group out. Lots of good food to be
>> had!
>>
>> Gene

>And several of the folks that post here, post their pictures over there.
>Plus there, you often get the recipe that goes with the picture.

Yep, esp. if you ask for it.

If you get there quick you can see some OUTSTANDING BBQ pics Brick
posted!!!!!

Gene

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"
Thomas Jefferson

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:44:05 -0500, Gene > wrote:

> Much better. Looks nice. Was it on wheels? Why would it take 5 guys to
> move it.

You can't see from the picture how thick the cast iron is on this thing.
Yes, it was on wheels, but the wheels just dug themselves into my lawn
when I tried to roll it.

> You really do need to drink more beer. It will not make you
> stronger, but it will make you THINK you are stronger and can move it!

Now that's true so more beer it is!

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:28:40 -0500, Gene > wrote:

>> Didn't know you had to create an account. Sorry.

> That's OK. Go over to alt.binaries.food and post it.
> Might be a good idea to check that group out. Lots of good food to be
> had!

I do not have binary group access. Never used it. Maybe I finally needs to
look into getting that?

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Oct-2009, Gene > wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 22:04:41 GMT, "Brick"
> > wrote:

.. . .

> >And several of the folks that post here, post their pictures over there.
> >Plus there, you often get the recipe that goes with the picture.

> Yep, esp. if you ask for it.
>
> If you get there quick you can see some OUTSTANDING BBQ pics Brick
> posted!!!!!
>

> Gene

Thanks for the accolades Gene, but that wasn't anything special.
Folks are doing that all over the country. I just posted the pics because
nobody posted some freshly cooked 'Q' for awhile.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17-Oct-2009, ceed > wrote:

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:28:40 -0500, Gene > wrote:
>
> >> Didn't know you had to create an account. Sorry.

> > That's OK. Go over to alt.binaries.food and post it.
> > Might be a good idea to check that group out. Lots of good food to be
> > had!

> I do not have binary group access. Never used it. Maybe I finally needs
> look into getting that?
>
> --
> //ceed

Check out usenetmonster and teranews. They both have low budget
offerings. I have accounts with both. Between the two, I'm paying
about $12.90/mo. For the number of hours I spend in the newsgroups
that's a bargain.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 05:14:41 GMT, "Brick"
> wrote:

>On 17-Oct-2009, Gene > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 22:04:41 GMT, "Brick"
>> > wrote:

>. . .
>
>> >And several of the folks that post here, post their pictures over there.
>> >Plus there, you often get the recipe that goes with the picture.

>> Yep, esp. if you ask for it.
>>
>> If you get there quick you can see some OUTSTANDING BBQ pics Brick
>> posted!!!!!
>>

>> Gene

>Thanks for the accolades Gene, but that wasn't anything special.
>Folks are doing that all over the country. I just posted the pics because
>nobody posted some freshly cooked 'Q' for awhile.

Oh I know. Does not stop it from lookin mighty tasty!

Gene

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"
Thomas Jefferson

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Gene wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:24:54 -0500, ceed >
> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:44:33 -0500, piedmont > wrote:
>>
>>> ceed,
>>> Great explaination! : )
>>> I have a neighbor that owns a 55 Chevy and every weekend he is gone
>>> showing it, at least your at home! Men gotta have our obsessions too!
>>> What cooker are you using, what fuel? Cooking brisket direct or
>>> indirect?

>> I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast iron
>> monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
>> before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to hire
>> four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
>> he http://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257

> Thanks but I'm not creating an account to view 1 picture.
>
> Gene
>
> "If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"
> Thomas Jefferson

No account needed here Gene.

Dave T.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 18, 9:10*am, "Dave T." > wrote:

> >> hehttp://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257

> No account needed here Gene.

Not after ceed changed it to "public". Before the change though......
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 09:10:08 -0700, "Dave T." >
wrote:

>Gene wrote:
>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:24:54 -0500, ceed >
>> wrote:

>>> I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast iron
>>> monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
>>> before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to hire
>>> four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
>>> he http://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257

>> Thanks but I'm not creating an account to view 1 picture.
>>
>> Gene
>>
>> "If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"
>> Thomas Jefferson

>No account needed here Gene.
>
>Dave T.

It was set to private. Once he changed it I could see it.

Gene

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"
Thomas Jefferson
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 12:16:51 -0500, Tutall > wrote:

>> No account needed here Gene.

> Not after ceed changed it to "public". Before the change though......

Very true, before I did that you would need an account.

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"ceed" > wrote in message
newsp.u1yfzs0e325jvr@asus_laptop...
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 11:44:33 -0500, piedmont > wrote:
>
>> ceed,
>> Great explaination! : )
>> I have a neighbor that owns a 55 Chevy and every weekend he is gone
>> showing it, at least your at home! Men gotta have our obsessions too!
>> What cooker are you using, what fuel? Cooking brisket direct or
>> indirect?

> I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast iron
> monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
> before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to hire
> four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
> he http://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257
>
> --
> //ceed

Sorry Ceed, BUTT that ain't cast-irons. It is mild steel. Looks like a 120
gallon propane tank. Not as heavy. BUTT thousands of pits have been built
using them. They make great pits.
Big Jim

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Gene" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:23:34 -0500, ceed >
> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:49:25 -0500, Gene > wrote:

>>> Thanks but I'm not creating an account to view 1 picture.
>>>
>>> Gene
>>>
>>> "If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines
>>> they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the
>>> souls of those who live under tyranny"
>>> Thomas Jefferson

>>Didn't know you had to create an account. Sorry.

> That's OK. Go over to alt.binaries.food and post it.
>
> Might be a good idea to check that group out. Lots of good food to be
> had!
>
> Gene
>
> "If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines
> they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls
> of those who live under tyranny"
> Thomas Jefferson

The picture popped right up for me. No account needed.
Big Jim

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Big Jim wrote:

>>> Didn't know you had to create an account. Sorry.

>> That's OK. Go over to alt.binaries.food and post it.

> The picture popped right up for me. No account needed.

Same for me.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 17, 7:51*am, ceed > wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My wife was asking me: "Why do you spend all that time out there with the *
> brisket in that pit of yours? It's very good and all, but all that time!" *
> I said to her: "You never ask me when I take my time in bed. Same thing". *
> Now she understands what it's all about.

Who needs to hear about your debauchery? In your favour, at least you
didn't post pics.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 17, 4:23*pm, ceed > wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:49:25 -0500, Gene > wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 12:24:54 -0500, ceed >
> > wrote:

> >> I'm cooking brisket indirect burning oak and pecan. My pit is a cast *
> >> iron
> >> monster I purchased from an old lady who's husband had it made custom
> >> before he passed away. It's not too big, but heavy! So heavy I had to *
> >> hire
> >> four people to move it from the trailer to my back yard. You can see it
> >> hehttp://www.23hq.com/cdysthe/photo/5022257

> > Thanks but I'm not creating an account to view 1 picture.

> > Gene

> > "If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines *
> > they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the *
> > souls of those who live under tyranny"
> > Thomas Jefferson

> Didn't know you had to create an account. Sorry.
>
> --
> //ceed

I never had to create an account, and I view your rig perfectly
including the soccer ball.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:45:11 -0500, Bent Attorney Esq.
> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 7:51 am, ceed > wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> My wife was asking me: "Why do you spend all that time out there with
>> the brisket in that pit of yours? It's very good and all, but all that
>> time!" I said to her: "You never ask me when I take my time in bed.
>> Same thing". Now she understands what it's all about.
>>

> Who needs to hear about your debauchery? In your favour, at least you
> didn't post pics.

No pics in this group, no. Sorry. And I was talking about sleeping in.
What's this talk about debauchery?

--
//ceed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

since when is doing anything with one's spouse debauchery anyway?? Lee

--
Have a great day
newsp.u18gj2e2325jvr@asus_laptop...