FoodBanter.com

-   -   'The Practical BBQ'r' website is back (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/177907-practical-bbqr-website-back.html)

piedmont 16-10-2009 01:47 AM

'The Practical BBQ'r' website is back

https://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/home

I've started re-making my barbecue home page because the original is
still available but has missing pictures and broken links plus I no
longer use that ISP and have no idea how much longer it will be available.

The new one is still a work in process with maybe two more pages to be
added and many pictures that need to be added in but it is very
workable. I hope you can find it of some use.

The Download page is started but nothing available to download yet, like
my Brining Cookbook compilation of AFB brine articles, blue prints and
directions on building cookers out of 55 gallon drums and zipped page
with many recipes.

Piedmont

Brick[_3_] 16-10-2009 05:04 AM

On 15-Oct-2009, piedmont > wrote:

> https://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/home
>
> I've started re-making my barbecue home page because the original is
> still available but has missing pictures and broken links plus I no
> longer use that ISP and have no idea how much longer it will be
> available.
>
> The new one is still a work in process with maybe two more pages to be
> added and many pictures that need to be added in but it is very
> workable. I hope you can find it of some use.
>
> The Download page is started but nothing available to download yet, like
> my Brining Cookbook compilation of AFB brine articles, blue prints and
> directions on building cookers out of 55 gallon drums and zipped page
> with many recipes.
>
> Piedmont

Nice to see you back in here Mike. Too many folks have dropped out
over the years.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

Gene 16-10-2009 05:09 AM

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:47:36 -0400, piedmont > wrote:

>https://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/home
>
>I've started re-making my barbecue home page because the original is
>still available but has missing pictures and broken links plus I no
>longer use that ISP and have no idea how much longer it will be available.
>
>The new one is still a work in process with maybe two more pages to be
>added and many pictures that need to be added in but it is very
>workable. I hope you can find it of some use.
>
>The Download page is started but nothing available to download yet, like
>my Brining Cookbook compilation of AFB brine articles, blue prints and
>directions on building cookers out of 55 gallon drums and zipped page
>with many recipes.
>
>Piedmont

Glad to see you again!!!

Gene

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny"
Thomas Jefferson

piedmont 16-10-2009 02:14 PM

Brick wrote:
> On 15-Oct-2009, piedmont > wrote:
>
>> https://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/home
>>
>> I've started re-making my barbecue home page because the original is
>> still available but has missing pictures and broken links plus I no
>> longer use that ISP and have no idea how much longer it will be

SNIP

>> Piedmont

> Nice to see you back in here Mike. Too many folks have dropped out
> over the years.

Hi Howard,

How are you doing? My sister in Indiana says they got snow recently,
glad I'm here in the Carolina's! I'm always peeking in to AFB but too
much propane for my tastes, without the wood/briquettes it's all just
fluffy recipes and adjust the burner temp, no skill at all.

Mike (Piedmont)

Brick[_3_] 16-10-2009 02:45 PM

On 16-Oct-2009, piedmont > wrote:

> Brick wrote:
> > On 15-Oct-2009, piedmont > wrote:
> >
> >> https://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/home
> >>
> >> I've started re-making my barbecue home page because the original is
> >> still available but has missing pictures and broken links plus I no
> >> longer use that ISP and have no idea how much longer it will be

> SNIP
> >>
> >> Piedmont

> > Nice to see you back in here Mike. Too many folks have dropped out
> > over the years.
> >

> Hi Howard,
>
> How are you doing? My sister in Indiana says they got snow recently,
> glad I'm here in the Carolina's! I'm always peeking in to AFB but too
> much propane for my tastes, without the wood/briquettes it's all just
> fluffy recipes and adjust the burner temp, no skill at all.
>
> Mike (Piedmont)

I cooked about 30 # of meat yesterday. Can't say that I used much
skill unless you count 'not messing with it' as a skill. I added fuel about
three times in 9 hours. I suppose that's a skill.

Good to hear from you.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

sexyCavitation 16-10-2009 05:39 PM

On Oct 16, 12:04*am, "Brick" > wrote:
> On 15-Oct-2009, piedmont > wrote:
>

> >https://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/home

> > I've started re-making my barbecue home page because the original is
> > still available but has missing pictures and broken links plus I no
> > longer use that ISP and have no idea how much longer it will be
> > available.

> > The new one is still a work in process with maybe two more pages to be
> > added and many pictures that need to be added in but it is very
> > workable. I hope you can find it of some use.

> > The Download page is started but nothing available to download yet, like
> > my Brining Cookbook compilation of AFB brine articles, blue prints and
> > directions on building cookers out of 55 gallon drums and zipped page
> > with many recipes.

> > Piedmont

> Nice to see you back in here Mike. Too many folks have dropped out
> over the years.

I've recently decided to come back as well. I don't know pulled pork
from shiola, but I do know how to kill duck what's tame and offer it
up on the bbq. In fact I recently received an award from the governor
general of some inane country for my perceptiveness concerning fruit
wood smoked quail.

sexyCavitation 16-10-2009 05:42 PM

On Oct 16, 9:14*am, piedmont > wrote:
> Brick wrote:
> > On 15-Oct-2009, piedmont > wrote:

> >>https://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/home

> >> I've started re-making my barbecue home page because the original is
> >> still available but has missing pictures and broken links plus I no
> >> longer use that ISP and have no idea how much longer it will be

> SNIP
>
> >> Piedmont

> > Nice to see you back in here Mike. Too many folks have dropped out
> > over the years.

> Hi Howard,
>
> How are you doing? My sister in Indiana says they got snow recently,
> glad I'm here in the Carolina's! I'm always peeking in to AFB but too
> much propane for my tastes, without the wood/briquettes it's all just
> fluffy recipes and adjust the burner temp, no skill at all.
>
> Mike (Piedmont)

Anyone can smoke cook with wood or charcoal, but not many can declare
a mixed marriage a success. I'm glad for you and I wish you many
happy returns. Perhaps you'd be willing to let us in on your bbq'd
lamb secrets?

Wallace 16-10-2009 05:51 PM

"sexyCavitation" > wrote in message
On Oct 16, 12:04 am, "Brick" > wrote:
> On 15-Oct-2009, piedmont > wrote:

"In fact I recently received an award from the governor
general of some inane country for my perceptiveness concerning fruit
wood smoked quail."

come on now, this certainly deserves (demands) elaboration. Do tell!

Nonny 16-10-2009 07:30 PM

'The Practical BBQ'r' website is back

"Brick" > wrote in message
ster.com...

> I cooked about 30 # of meat yesterday. Can't say that I used
> much
> skill unless you count 'not messing with it' as a skill.

Nope, that's more like maturity, experience and restraint. <Grin>

--
Nonny

Live a good and honorable life.
Then when you get older and
think back, you'll enjoy it
a second time.

Dave Bugg 16-10-2009 10:03 PM

piedmont wrote:
> https://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/home
>
> I've started re-making my barbecue home page because the original is
> still available but has missing pictures and broken links plus I no
> longer use that ISP and have no idea how much longer it will be
> available.

Thanks for the heads up. And good to see ya.

piedmont 17-10-2009 05:22 PM

'The Practical BBQ'r' website is back

sexyCavitation wrote:
snip

> Anyone can smoke cook with wood or charcoal, but not many can declare
> a mixed marriage a success. I'm glad for you and I wish you many
> happy returns. Perhaps you'd be willing to let us in on your bbq'd
> lamb secrets?

I haven't cooked lamb due to scarcity and cost but I have eaten my share
at the Owensboro, KY barbecue festival! They simply cook directly over
wood coals (not briquettes) and serve with their own special regional
sauce. I also recommend the Moonlight restaurant in Owensboro which is
open year round in case any is driving through the area. A great all you
can eat buffet with bbq mutton, bbq beef, bbq chicken, fried catfish,
and burgoo stew. I used to have some pictures of them firing up the hugh
grills at the festival, I'll have to see if I can dig them up and post
them on my website.

Thank you for your compliment about my current wife, go to my original
website to see my late wife, (died from lung cancer 3 years ago)

http://web.comporium.net/~amwil/

piedmont 17-10-2009 05:29 PM

Nonny wrote:

> "Brick" > wrote in message
> ster.com...
>

>> I cooked about 30 # of meat yesterday. Can't say that I used much
>> skill unless you count 'not messing with it' as a skill.

> Nope, that's more like maturity, experience and restraint. <Grin>

You took the words out my mouth! : )
Cooking directly over coals does take some practice, and there are
techniques that can be used. When I cook ribs directly over briquettes I
allow coals to completely ash over, which cools them, before putting on
the ribs. (I use a starter can and they are furious hot when added to
grill) When I cook chicken I only add enough coals so there is a bit of
room in between the coals for and even cooler fuel. When I do burgers,
dogs, sausage, and steaks I pile coals up in a pile to one side for max
heat and move the meat over then off the coals.

Piedmont

Gene 17-10-2009 09:47 PM

'The Practical BBQ'r' website is back

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:47:36 -0400, piedmont > wrote:

>https://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/home
>
>I've started re-making my barbecue home page because the original is
>still available but has missing pictures and broken links plus I no
>longer use that ISP and have no idea how much longer it will be available.
>
>The new one is still a work in process with maybe two more pages to be
>added and many pictures that need to be added in but it is very
>workable. I hope you can find it of some use.
>
>The Download page is started but nothing available to download yet, like
>my Brining Cookbook compilation of AFB brine articles, blue prints and
>directions on building cookers out of 55 gallon drums and zipped page
>with many recipes.
>
>Piedmont

I like the site!