Old 17-10-2009, 01:08 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Shiraz-soy Grilled Flank Steak Recipe.

On 16-Oct-2009, Pierre wrote:

On Oct 16, 8:38*am, "Brick" wrote:

.. . .

I have been aboard since May, 2003.

I don't respond to Trolls.

Brick said that.- Hide quoted text -

You brought up my curriosity. I've been posting here since May 2001.
(I let the trolls pass in the night as well.)
Pierre

I don't believe that I've ever traded posts with you before. But, there's
a lot that I don't remember.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Old 17-10-2009, 01:42 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 16, 7:08*pm, "Brick" wrote:
On 16-Oct-2009, Pierre wrote:

On Oct 16, 8:38*am, "Brick" wrote:

. . .

I have been aboard since May, 2003.

I don't respond to Trolls.

Brick said that.- Hide quoted text -

You brought up my curriosity. *I've been posting here since May 2001.
(I let the trolls pass in the night as well.)
Pierre

I don't believe that I've ever traded posts with you before. But, there's
a lot that I don't remember.

snip

Well, here ya go.
Pierre
Old 17-10-2009, 07:14 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 16, 12:27 pm, "Nonny" wrote:
wrote in message

Wow, a memory from the past. Is that rec.woodworking you're
talking about? I was once quite active there under my own name
and with the predecessor handle to "Nonny." Did you ever read
about my Jake's Chair, the haircut story or the one of Old Spot?
I loved that newsgroup, but dropped out after a non-newsgroup
related mishap.

One in the same, good sir! I started post there around '97 - '98, as
well as on the woodturning ng. Between those two groups, I have over
3,000 posts! For a long time, it was a hoppin' place.

It has slowed down a lot over the years, and has been wracked with
some nasty political threads that have hurt a lot of feelings, and
turned a lot of "net" friends against each other.

But it still rattles a long, and there are a lot of good folks that
lurk and post, but in fear of things turning political, just lurk. I
post as I please without much static, but since it is a woodworking
group, I stick to woodworking and leave the politics to others.
That's fight that can't be won. As a professional woodworker, I enjoy
helping others that want to learn the craft, so I concentrate on that
aspect of the ng.

I don't recall your screen name when posting your Jake's chair project
completion, but I remember it! I liked it enough to get the plans and
store them aside. Don't remember the haircut posts, though.

What name were you posting under when you were active over there?
What made you leave? I know sometimes you just get tired of things
and move on, but I am just wondering...

Robert
Old 17-10-2009, 07:33 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
Tutall wrote:
On Oct 14, 9:49=A0pm, Nick Cramer wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote:
"Nunya Bidnits" wrote in
messa=

ge
Let it go.

I hear you, amigo.

My seven year old granddaughter plays "Let it be" on the piano,
accompanying the CD. Same with "Ode to Joy."

Killfiling Theron was a joy. ;-)

Or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnnHksDFHTQI

Though your frst choice is a, well, joy as well.

A full blooded bit of the the symphony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DM-W...ture=3Drelated

Got to have the chorus!

It's the third movement of Beethoven's Ninth, complete with the chorus.
When she first heard it, she didn't think it was the same. Now she knows
it
is.

--
Nick,

It's not the third movement, but the fifth and final movement of Beethoven's
Ninth, or Choral Symphony, as it's sometimes called. We've seen it live a
number of times. It's one of the great "moments" in music.

Ed

Old 17-10-2009, 07:34 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
Theron wrote:

This is a non moderated NG. Whatever the mission was of the original
founder[s], this NG is about cooking outdoors and what readers and
posters define as barbecue right now, today.

Says who? Are YOU now the moderator that YOU claim doesn't exist?

You can screech and yell

You can keep being our bitch-slapped fool.

otherwise but that's what it is. Nothing is going to change that.

Change what? You're the only shit-fer-brains septic-sucker who keeps this
line of crap going.

I'll bet

You're not qualified to bet.

75% of the outdoor cooking by readers and posters on this NG
is on a gas grill a good fraction of the time. A substantial
fraction grill over charcoal "yes, grill". A fraction of the
charcoal grilling is indirectly roasting with or without wood. A
small fraction on this NG actually smoke frequently in a smoker. Some
of those, thank god, even smoke with charcoal instead of gas. Most of
us smoke or "que" or "BBQ" now and then, though relatively
infrequently.

This is typical Kent babble-drool. You have no idea what anyone does, over
what course of time, and yet that doesn't stop you from making an
incredibly long-winded idiotic statement. The typical Kent "counting and
arguing about the number of angels dancing on the head of a pin".

Now, let's have a show of hands of those who know what we do in this NG?

BTW, shiraz has a unique flavor. It's not comparable to Gallo

BTW, your opinion has a long history of being nothing but a steady stream
of raw sewage.

Didn't you mean "meat, heat, smoke" and ****, bitch, scream, and
other.

No. He meant that you are so cocked up that you need to FOAD.
--
Dave

My statement above is just an opinion. It is not a troll, as your response
suggests. I think recipes should be encouraged on this NG. I have no
interest in control. That's up to a majority of posters.

Ed

Old 17-10-2009, 07:53 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote in message
On Oct 12, 5:59 pm, "Nunya Bidnits" [email protected]
september.invalid wrote:
Dave Bugg said:

Theron wrote:

Dave, why don't you just plonk the stupid prick and go back to enjoying
the
newsgroup? Besides to be honest, I'm tired of seeing this flame war pop up
like a pimple in every damn thread. I've had him plonked for a long time
and
I plonk entire threads that go this way, but it's getting into every nook
and cranny of this NG to the point that there is almost nowhere to go to
escape it without KFing people I'd rather not KF. As long as people
respond
to every nitwit post he makes, he OWNS this NG, plain and simple. It
sucks.
And I bet if he was completely ignored, he'd quit posting, but at this
point, he clearly knows he's gotten the goat of enough people to make it
fun
to harass this NG.

Let it go.

MartyB

****ING A RIGHT MARTY.

The continuous witch by just a few hunt to ferret out the Kent trolls
ruins thread after thread with their venemous cursing, dissection of
every suspicious post so they can **** on the computer screen with
their self righteous verbal vomit.

I counted the last number of posts that were supposed to posted by
Kent on a recent thread. The self righteous sneerings of the Kent
killers posted more than two to one to Kent's responses.

Now which of these guys can't see the tail wagging the dog here? Who
hasn't figured out how many of us are disgusted by the simple fact
that all someone has to do is post something the Kent busters
think is suspicious and they dog pile attack someone. It is like

watching a monkey and organ grinder. The organ grinder turns the
crank, and the Kent busters dance. I'll bet they get a helluva laugh
on their end.

Personally, I have my own, low tech method for dealing with annoying
posts. If I recognize the poster, I don't even read it. If I get
snookered into reading a troll why in the ****ing world would I give
some moron the pleasure of seeing me respond in writing? Can you
knotheads even imagine the joy these guys get out of seeing how many
of you they can get to respond, especially if it is obvious they have
really pushed your buttons? You are no more than their puppets.

In case I was obtuse, I would like to second Marty's motion to return
this group to barbecue based discussions with an enjoyable tone.

Robert

I also second Marty's motion. My post above regarding Chris' "Shiraz-soy
Grilled Flank Steak Recipe" was just my point of view. It wasn't intended
in any fashion to troll*. I know that the definition below has been posted a
number of times. I have not tried in any way to do that. If someone is
interpreting what I've written as that I sincerely apologize.

A recent exception to that is when I told Dave Bugg to "Shut Up" after
hearing "Asshat" and FOAD multiple times. I think the latter can be called a
troll, though I recognize Dave's intent is to get me off the air.

I would like to continue participating in this NG. I have learned a lot, and
I am thankful for that.

Ed

*A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or
off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion
forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users
into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic
discussion.

Grilled Flank Steak koko General Cooking 132 16-07-2009 05:24 PM
(REC) Grilled Flank Steak S'mee [AKA Jani] General Cooking 1 06-08-2005 01:46 AM
Red Wine-Rosemary Grilled Flank Steak With Grilled Vegetables 7 Hawks Recipes 0 29-06-2005 11:50 PM
Grilled Flank Steak Duckie Recipes 0 13-04-2005 03:33 PM
Grilled Flank Steak - 2 Duckie Recipes 0 14-03-2005 12:09 AM