Old 13-10-2009, 08:48 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Shiraz-soy Grilled Flank Steak Recipe.

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:47:58 -0500, "Nunya Bidnits"
wrote:

Gene said:
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 09:10:41 -0700 (PDT), Duwop
wrote:

On Oct 12, 3:29 pm, Gene wrote:

And I am sure you were.

You have an advanced sense of humor though. g

Where you at? We got a few Californians, New Englander's, Texans and
Floridians and a smattering of mid-westerners. Where you hail from
Gene?

Chicago Land

Gene

Have you ever been to the Weber restaurant there? If so, I'd enjoy reading a
report.

MartyB in KC

"If people let government decide what foods they eat and what
medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as
are the souls of those who live under tyranny" Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, no. I have past buy it many times when I lived closer to the
one next to Wheaton. You can smell the charcoal driving by and there
parking lot is always packed. They are NOT a cheap place to eat.

I have talked to some people that have tried it and they all said the
food was fantastic. But then again these are the same people that
think Apple Bees' serves real BBQ and pulled pork is best done in a
crock pot.

Sorry I can't give you a review, but if your ever in town I can take
you to a please where the steaks are always great! My house

Gene

Old 14-10-2009, 11:21 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Theron" wrote in message

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message

Please KF me. .

No.

That will help everyone

Not Really. Please leave or FOAD. Either choice would be the REAL solution,
troll.

Old 14-10-2009, 11:23 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" wrote in message

Let it go.

I hear you, amigo.

Old 15-10-2009, 02:35 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

On Oct 12, 3:29 pm, Gene wrote:

[...]

snip

Forget Webers restaurant. Spent $55.00 in the Schaumburg location.
Got 2 craft beers, 2 burgers, 1 fry 1 ring. (Waiter was just an
unhappy cocky SOB. If he's that miserable that he can do the job with
his eye's closed. . .WTF. . .you know the drill.)
Burger was average, and thats stretching it.
I haven't been back. They can keep the place.
Pierre

Old 15-10-2009, 05:49 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" wrote:
"Nunya Bidnits" wrote in message

Let it go.

I hear you, amigo.

My seven year old granddaughter plays "Let it be" on the piano,
accompanying the CD. Same with "Ode to Joy."

Killfiling Theron was a joy. ;-)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Old 15-10-2009, 06:07 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 14, 9:49*pm, Nick Cramer wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote:
"Nunya Bidnits" wrote in message
Let it go.

I hear you, amigo.

My seven year old granddaughter plays "Let it be" on the piano,
accompanying the CD. Same with "Ode to Joy."

Killfiling Theron was a joy. ;-)

Or:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnHksDFHTQI

Though your frst choice is a, well, joy as well.

A full blooded bit of the the symphony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-WF0...eature=related

Got to have the chorus!

Old 15-10-2009, 08:18 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 12, 5:59*pm, "Nunya Bidnits" [email protected]
september.invalid wrote:
Dave Bugg said:

Theron wrote:

Dave, why don't you just plonk the stupid prick and go back to enjoying the
newsgroup? Besides to be honest, I'm tired of seeing this flame war pop up
like a pimple in every damn thread. I've had him plonked for a long time and
I plonk entire threads that go this way, but it's getting into every nook
and cranny of this NG to the point that there is almost nowhere to go to
escape it without KFing people I'd rather not KF. As long as people respond
to every nitwit post he makes, he OWNS this NG, plain and simple. It sucks.
And I bet if he was completely ignored, he'd quit posting, but at this
point, he clearly knows he's gotten the goat of enough people to make it fun
to harass this NG.

Let it go.

MartyB

****ING A RIGHT MARTY.

The continuous witch by just a few hunt to ferret out the Kent trolls
ruins thread after thread with their venemous cursing, dissection of
every suspicious post so they can **** on the computer screen with
their self righteous verbal vomit.

I counted the last number of posts that were supposed to posted by
Kent on a recent thread. The self righteous sneerings of the Kent
killers posted more than two to one to Kent's responses.

Now which of these guys can't see the tail wagging the dog here? Who
hasn't figured out how many of us are disgusted by the simple fact
that all someone has to do is post something the Kent busters
think is suspicious and they dog pile attack someone. It is like

watching a monkey and organ grinder. The organ grinder turns the
crank, and the Kent busters dance. I'll bet they get a helluva laugh
on their end.

Personally, I have my own, low tech method for dealing with annoying
posts. If I recognize the poster, I don't even read it. If I get
snookered into reading a troll why in the ****ing world would I give
some moron the pleasure of seeing me respond in writing? Can you
knotheads even imagine the joy these guys get out of seeing how many
of you they can get to respond, especially if it is obvious they have
really pushed your buttons? You are no more than their puppets.

In case I was obtuse, I would like to second Marty's motion to return
this group to barbecue based discussions with an enjoyable tone.

Robert
Old 15-10-2009, 11:42 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DnnHksDFHTQI

Though your frst choice is a, well, joy as well.

A full blooded bit of the the symphony.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DM-W...ture=3Drelated

Got to have the chorus!

It's the third movement of Beethoven's Ninth, complete with the chorus.
When she first heard it, she didn't think it was the same. Now she knows it
is.

She's learning to play with "We all live in a yellow submarine," too.

I'm on dialup, so I don't do youtube.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Old 15-10-2009, 11:47 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

" wrote:
[ . . . ]
****ING A RIGHT MARTY.

[]

He enjoyed your post, too.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Old 15-10-2009, 07:21 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote in message

I counted the last number of posts that were supposed to posted by

Kent on a recent thread.

Uh....ok.

The self righteous sneerings of the Kent

killers posted more than two to one to Kent's responses.

.....snip the rest of the self-righteous rant

Following each Kent post in anticipation of replies by 'Kent-killers' sort
of splashes the point you were trying to make with a bucket of cold water,
don't ya think Robert?

Old 16-10-2009, 06:32 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 15, 1:21 pm, "Dave Bugg" wrote:

Following each Kent post in anticipation of replies by 'Kent-killers' sort
of splashes the point you were trying to make with a bucket of cold water,
don't ya think Robert?

You play me false, or don't understand. Until I started posting and
reading this group, I had never even heard of Kent, or A Kent, or a
Kent troll. Active in the usenet since '97, and with more than a few
posts under my belt ( http://tinyurl.com/ykeolk4 ) I have never heard
anything about him or it until I got here.

Since these threads are displayed in a tree form, it takes seconds to
see who posts what and to make a simple count. Once this Theron
character started, in reading the posts by Nonny and others, I noticed
that the most vitriolic were the Kent bashers, out in force. It made
me wonder just how many he reeled in with his trolls. I was surprised
at his success. On the woodworking ng, these posts are simply
ignored.

But you need to understand I had no idea he takes on many guises. You
and a couple of others seem to have a handle on his actual identity,
and are the watchdogs for the group. I am reading along on different
posts with many here we all know and like participating and BAM!! you
guys nail him. Many are seemingly innocent posts, some which are
readily replied to here are branded as "Kent" posts, no matter the
name posting.

Hell I don't know if it is someone name Kent or not.

Don't care. Not one bit.

But he seems so disruptive to you guys. And you Dave, especially.
Many here like and respect you, respect your opinions on BBQ, and
obviously like you as they (and me!) have followed along with some of
your more recent challenges in life, always hoping the best for you.
IIRC, your plate has been pretty full this last year with real life
challenges.

So how does some internet weirdo get so far under your skin? The
other attack dog, I understand. Depending on the day, anything can
get under his skin. But you?

I am just more used to seeing a more measured, thoughtful response (or
if you are out, none) to questions posted here, and sound opinions
expressed based on your personal experience.
I know it is wrong, dead wrong, to put any of my personal expectations
on anybody, and I am not. I was just SURPRISED at how involved you
have become in the Kent situation.

I wouldn't know Kent, his aliases, alter egos, nom de plumes, or
anything else and don't want to. Obviously you and others have a book
running on his offenses on other venues as well as this one. That's
too much for me to keep up with. Frankly, the only reason I read
this thread after the vitriol started running was I saw Marty's
post.

You should notice at NO TIME, EVER have I jumped on the Kent
bandwagon. Not once. Never posted a thing one way or another except
my rather graphic post agreeing with Marty. And it was in the vein of
agreeing to keep this neat little group on track and on a positive
note.

Commenting on anyone that is such a irritant as this Kent person seems
to be isn't worth a minute of typing.

You can't honestly think I would waste my own personal time on some
jackass....

Robert

Old 16-10-2009, 07:43 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

" wrote:
[ . . . ]

"He whose name shall not be spoken" (Kevin S. Wilson) and Kent, the
Morpher, have been trolling here for years. Unfortunately, some otherwise
intelligent people get caught up in the trolls' mischief. KSW hasn't been
around in a while. Maybe he no longer works at the school where he had free
access to Usenet. Maybe he died.

Brick is about the oldest . . . er, I mean longest posting, person on here.
It was he who resurrected a.b.f. He doesn't care about this crap AFAIK.
Neither do I.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Old 16-10-2009, 02:38 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 16-Oct-2009, Nick Cramer wrote:

[ . . . ]

--
Nick, KI6VAV

What Nick said. While I was the squealing wheel that incited action
to redocument a.b.f. and thus get it accepted by the majority of ISP's,
It was Eskwired that started the group and it was Eskwired that
posted the 'NewGroup' booster message that got it redocumented.

I have been aboard since May, 2003.

I don't respond to Trolls.

Brick said that.
Old 16-10-2009, 04:50 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Oct 16, 8:38*am, "Brick" wrote:
On 16-Oct-2009, Nick Cramer wrote:

" wrote:
[ . . . ]

[...]

Brick said that.- Hide quoted text -

You brought up my curriosity. I've been posting here since May 2001.
(I let the trolls pass in the night as well.)
Pierre

Old 16-10-2009, 07:27 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote in message
. On the woodworking ng, these posts are simply
ignored.

Wow, a memory from the past. Is that rec.woodworking you're
talking about? I was once quite active there under my own name
and with the predecessor handle to "Nonny." Did you ever read
about my Jake's Chair, the haircut story or the one of Old Spot?
I loved that newsgroup, but dropped out after a non-newsgroup
related mishap.

--
Nonny

Live a good and honorable life.
Then when you get older and
think back, you'll enjoy it
a second time.

Grilled Flank Steak koko General Cooking 132 16-07-2009 05:24 PM
(REC) Grilled Flank Steak S'mee [AKA Jani] General Cooking 1 06-08-2005 01:46 AM
Red Wine-Rosemary Grilled Flank Steak With Grilled Vegetables 7 Hawks Recipes 0 29-06-2005 11:50 PM
Grilled Flank Steak Duckie Recipes 0 13-04-2005 03:33 PM
Grilled Flank Steak - 2 Duckie Recipes 0 14-03-2005 12:09 AM