Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Indoor Barbecued Pork

America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully tasting
stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:

http://www.americastestkitchen.com/c...eadedporkchops

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 26, 2:28*pm, "Theron" > wrote:
> America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully tasting
> stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:
>
> http://www.americastestkitchen.com/c...ult.asp?req=1&....
>
> Ed

Nice barbecue. Especially the breading.
Pet Peeve: I can't stand when people hold meat in their hand for any
length of time; massaging it, pointing out things that we all know
anyway. Put it on the cutting board and point to the features that
you wish to point out please. No need to allow all kinds of flippin'
disease to transfer from human to meat.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 11:28:43 -0700, "Theron" >
wrote:

>America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully tasting
>stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:
>
>http://www.americastestkitchen.com/c...eadedporkchops
>
>Ed

It's not Q.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:
> America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully
> tasting stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:

Rec.food.cooking is thataway, Kent. It's where the other 'bbq' morons hang
out.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Theron wrote:
>> America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully
>> tasting stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:

> Rec.food.cooking is thataway, Kent. It's where the other 'bbq' morons hang
> out.
> --
> Dave
> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

The Weber Smokey Mountain arrived today, to replace the old Meco bullet
smoker. The Meko is a hunk of junk.
After a cerebrally traumatic assembly, the first Trader Joe's 100%
Hardwood[bound with cornstarch!] went in with some mesquite.It fired right
up to 225F and the ribs went in. At 1 hour the temp. is holding. The world
is taking on a whole new meaning. Next time it will be the required lump.

Cheers,

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 26, 4:10*pm, "Theron" > wrote:
> At 1 hour the temp. is holding. The world
> is taking on a whole new meaning.

small things, small things.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:10:48 -0700, Theron wrote:
>
>> The Weber Smokey Mountain arrived today, to replace the old
>> Meco bullet
>> smoker. The Meko is a hunk of junk.
>> After a cerebrally traumatic assembly, the first Trader Joe's
>> 100%
>> Hardwood[bound with cornstarch!] went in with some mesquite.It
>> fired right
>> up to 225F and the ribs went in. At 1 hour the temp. is
>> holding. The world
>> is taking on a whole new meaning. Next time it will be the
>> required lump.

> Oh great. Now we get hear the same 2 dozen questions asked over
> and
> over again for the next 3 years (or wait... doesn't the WSM last
> lifetime?)
>
> Here, Kent. Let's answer all those questions right now:
>
> http://www.virtualweberbullet.com
>
> See? I don't even own one and have never been to the site. I
> just
> *know* that's the answer from years of hanging out here. Now
> you do
> too. Use it wisely. Nobody there knows you're an idiot (yet).

Outside of what charcoal to use, I imagine that the biggest
question will be whether to use sand or water. <grin>

I've preferred a good martini in my own belly over any liquids in
a smoker. This could be an era coming to a close for me, though.
Several months ago, Mrs. Nonny and I were on a cruise to Alaska
and it was quite chilly. As I do in the winter, I ordered a
brandy to help heat things up. Mrs. Nonny did as well, along with
a friend. I won't bore you with details, but the brandy sparked a
taste-off of all the brandy brands on the bar's menu. We had the
bartender provide us with a shot of each one.

We discovered that there was one brand we really enjoyed and that
it was one of the less expensive ones. When we returned home, I
bought a bottle and we now are enjoying a snifter of brandy or two
every evening. It's displaced my martini and I've also found that
with the much stronger taste, that I drink a lesser amount while
enjoying it more.

The odd part is that it goes so well with barbecue.

--
Nonny

To compel a man to subsidize with
taxes the propagation of policies
he abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:59:57 -0700, "Nonny" > wrote:

>I've preferred a good martini in my own belly over any liquids in
>a smoker. This could be an era coming to a close for me, though.
>Several months ago, Mrs. Nonny and I were on a cruise to Alaska
>and it was quite chilly. As I do in the winter, I ordered a
>brandy to help heat things up. Mrs. Nonny did as well, along with
>a friend. I won't bore you with details, but the brandy sparked a
>taste-off of all the brandy brands on the bar's menu. We had the
>bartender provide us with a shot of each one.
>
>We discovered that there was one brand we really enjoyed and that
>it was one of the less expensive ones. When we returned home, I
>bought a bottle and we now are enjoying a snifter of brandy or two
>every evening. It's displaced my martini and I've also found that
>with the much stronger taste, that I drink a lesser amount while
>enjoying it more.
>
>The odd part is that it goes so well with barbecue.

I've been known to partake of the odd snifter myself.
Care to name the brand? Not that there's much chance our liquor
commission will stock it anyway.

Ross.
Southern Ontario, Canada.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

please share the brand, i love brandy, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

"Nonny" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:10:48 -0700, Theron wrote:
>>
>>> The Weber Smokey Mountain arrived today, to replace the old Meco bullet
>>> smoker. The Meko is a hunk of junk.
>>> After a cerebrally traumatic assembly, the first Trader Joe's 100%
>>> Hardwood[bound with cornstarch!] went in with some mesquite.It fired
>>> right
>>> up to 225F and the ribs went in. At 1 hour the temp. is holding. The
>>> world
>>> is taking on a whole new meaning. Next time it will be the required
>>> lump.

>> Oh great. Now we get hear the same 2 dozen questions asked over and
>> over again for the next 3 years (or wait... doesn't the WSM last a
>> lifetime?)
>>
>> Here, Kent. Let's answer all those questions right now:
>>
>> http://www.virtualweberbullet.com
>>
>> See? I don't even own one and have never been to the site. I just
>> *know* that's the answer from years of hanging out here. Now you do
>> too. Use it wisely. Nobody there knows you're an idiot (yet).

> Outside of what charcoal to use, I imagine that the biggest question will
> be whether to use sand or water. <grin>
>
> I've preferred a good martini in my own belly over any liquids in a
> smoker. This could be an era coming to a close for me, though. Several
> months ago, Mrs. Nonny and I were on a cruise to Alaska and it was quite
> chilly. As I do in the winter, I ordered a brandy to help heat things up.
> Mrs. Nonny did as well, along with a friend. I won't bore you with
> details, but the brandy sparked a taste-off of all the brandy brands on
> the bar's menu. We had the bartender provide us with a shot of each one.
>
> We discovered that there was one brand we really enjoyed and that it was
> one of the less expensive ones. When we returned home, I bought a bottle
> and we now are enjoying a snifter of brandy or two every evening. It's
> displaced my martini and I've also found that with the much stronger
> taste, that I drink a lesser amount while enjoying it more.
>
> The odd part is that it goes so well with barbecue.
>
> --
> Nonny
>
> To compel a man to subsidize with
> taxes the propagation of policies
> he abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:59:57 -0700, "Nonny" > wrote:
>
>> I've preferred a good martini in my own belly over any liquids in
>> a smoker. This could be an era coming to a close for me, though.
>> Several months ago, Mrs. Nonny and I were on a cruise to Alaska
>> and it was quite chilly. As I do in the winter, I ordered a
>> brandy to help heat things up. Mrs. Nonny did as well, along with
>> a friend. I won't bore you with details, but the brandy sparked a
>> taste-off of all the brandy brands on the bar's menu. We had the
>> bartender provide us with a shot of each one.
>>
>> We discovered that there was one brand we really enjoyed and that
>> it was one of the less expensive ones. When we returned home, I
>> bought a bottle and we now are enjoying a snifter of brandy or two
>> every evening. It's displaced my martini and I've also found that
>> with the much stronger taste, that I drink a lesser amount while
>> enjoying it more.
>>
>> The odd part is that it goes so well with barbecue.

> I've been known to partake of the odd snifter myself.
> Care to name the brand? Not that there's much chance our liquor
> commission will stock it anyway.
>
> Ross.
> Southern Ontario, Canada.

Don't know about that, Ross - the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario,
for those of you not in Ontario)) stocks just about anything you want to
name, or can special order it for you (if you live in a small community
with one of the smaller LCBO stores). Apparently, the LCBO is one of
the largest (if not the largest single) retailer of booze in the world.

MargW
lurking and enjoying the discussions

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 15:18:27 -0700, Dave Bugg wrote:
>
>> Theron wrote:
>>> America's test kitchen has on a very good looking, and hopefully
>>> tasting stovetop "barbecued pork" dish. Check out:

>> Rec.food.cooking is thataway, Kent. It's where the other 'bbq'
>> morons hang out.

> He posted the same defective round of threads there, too. He's
> trying to pretend he's not a troll by not crossposting (RFC hasn't
> figured this out yet).

I saw that. Too funny.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 16:10:48 -0700, Theron wrote:
>
>> The Weber Smokey Mountain arrived today, to replace the old Meco
>> bullet smoker. The Meko is a hunk of junk.
>> After a cerebrally traumatic assembly, the first Trader Joe's 100%
>> Hardwood[bound with cornstarch!] went in with some mesquite.It fired
>> right up to 225F and the ribs went in. At 1 hour the temp. is
>> holding. The world is taking on a whole new meaning. Next time it
>> will be the required lump.

> Oh great. Now we get hear the same 2 dozen questions asked over and
> over again for the next 3 years (or wait... doesn't the WSM last a
> lifetime?)
>
> Here, Kent. Let's answer all those questions right now:
>
> http://www.virtualweberbullet.com

Wow, now this will give us a new round of Kent-concerns on the legitimacy of
the website, authorship, and other assorted hysterical fears.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:59:57 -0700, "Nonny" >
> wrote:

> I've been known to partake of the odd snifter myself.
> Care to name the brand? Not that there's much chance our liquor
> commission will stock it anyway.
>
> Ross.
> Southern Ontario, Canada.

The best brandy we've come across, regardless of price. is St.
Remy VSOP (not to be confused with Remy Martin).
http://www.beveragewarehouse.com/sea...p?item_id=2724

Here in Henderson NV, a 1.75L bottle is $26. It's been compared
within the family, with neighbors and with guests here at the
house, against stuff costing as much as $200 for a 750mL and it
always wins.

Recently, the label was changed from "Napoleon" below the VSOP to
"Authentic." I have no clue as to why, but the UPC code, price
etc. are still the same. Most importantly, there's been no change
in the taste, either.

If you get some, I'd appreciate hearing whether you enjoy it as
much as we do here at the Nonnyhouse.
--
Nonny

To compel a man to subsidize with
taxes the propagation of policies
he abhors, is sinful and tyrannical.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 28-Sep-2009, "Nonny" > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> > On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:59:57 -0700, "Nonny" >
> > wrote:

> > I've been known to partake of the odd snifter myself.
> > Care to name the brand? Not that there's much chance our liquor
> > commission will stock it anyway.
> >
> > Ross.
> > Southern Ontario, Canada.

> The best brandy we've come across, regardless of price. is St.
> Remy VSOP (not to be confused with Remy Martin).
> http://www.beveragewarehouse.com/sea...p?item_id=2724
>
> Here in Henderson NV, a 1.75L bottle is $26. It's been compared
> within the family, with neighbors and with guests here at the
> house, against stuff costing as much as $200 for a 750mL and it
> always wins.
>
> Recently, the label was changed from "Napoleon" below the VSOP to
> "Authentic." I have no clue as to why, but the UPC code, price
> etc. are still the same. Most importantly, there's been no change
> in the taste, either.
>
> If you get some, I'd appreciate hearing whether you enjoy it as
> much as we do here at the Nonnyhouse.
> --
> Nonny

I'll do that Nonny. I enjoy a good brandy, but as with many
subjects, I don't know much about it. Fifty years ago, I was
kind of partial to Martell Five Star. I haven't seen that label
(five star) in many years.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> please share the brand, i love brandy, Lee

Lee, I replied to another post asking about it before reading
yours. Just follow this thread and you'll see what I posted. The
brand, however, is St. Remy VSOP and we pay $26 for a 1.75l bottle
here in NV.

Nonny

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thanks, i love a good brandy, not sure if your walmart carry adult beverages
but ours does, and they clear the shelves about once a month, i think i got
this once for half price around fifteen dollars, not quite sure if its the
same one but i seem to remember thhat name... very nice as i recall, will
put it on the list, will get it and try just to make sure you understand.
Lee

--
Have a great day
"Nonny" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> please share the brand, i love brandy, Lee

> Lee, I replied to another post asking about it before reading yours. Just
> follow this thread and you'll see what I posted. The brand, however, is
> St. Remy VSOP and we pay $26 for a 1.75l bottle here in NV.
>
> Nonny

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:11:19 -0700, "Nonny" > wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:59:57 -0700, "Nonny" >
>> wrote:

>> I've been known to partake of the odd snifter myself.
>> Care to name the brand? Not that there's much chance our liquor
>> commission will stock it anyway.
>>
>> Ross.
>> Southern Ontario, Canada.

>The best brandy we've come across, regardless of price. is St.
>Remy VSOP (not to be confused with Remy Martin).
>http://www.beveragewarehouse.com/sea...p?item_id=2724
>
>Here in Henderson NV, a 1.75L bottle is $26. It's been compared
>within the family, with neighbors and with guests here at the
>house, against stuff costing as much as $200 for a 750mL and it
>always wins.
>
>Recently, the label was changed from "Napoleon" below the VSOP to
>"Authentic." I have no clue as to why, but the UPC code, price
>etc. are still the same. Most importantly, there's been no change
>in the taste, either.
>
>If you get some, I'd appreciate hearing whether you enjoy it as
>much as we do here at the Nonnyhouse.

Surprise! I check the LCBO's (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) product
search page and St.-Remy is listed, 750ml @ $23.40, 1140ml @ $34.85,
and a 1750ml @ $52.40 (LCBO Tasting Note: Golden amber colour;
aromatic fruit with spicy oak tones; rich brandy flavour).
Also listed is St.-Remy XO Brandy, only one size, 750ml @ $28.30 (LCBO
Tasting Note: Medium-deep amber; peach, apple, pear and vanilla
aromas; dry, fruity flavours, woody finish.)
None of the above have the word Napoleon in the name.
There are two listings for St.-Remy Napoleon Brandy, both shown as
being in pre-wrapped gift boxes but, not in stock in any outlet in the
province. Perhaps closer to Christmas?
And, for those who aren't aware, the LCBO is operated by the
Government of Ontario and is the only place in the Province of Ontario
where liquor can be legally purchased.
I guess I have to buy at least two types to taste ;-)

Ross.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:11:19 -0700, "Nonny" > wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 11:59:57 -0700, "Nonny" >
>> wrote:

>> I've been known to partake of the odd snifter myself.
>> Care to name the brand? Not that there's much chance our liquor
>> commission will stock it anyway.
>>
>> Ross.
>> Southern Ontario, Canada.

>The best brandy we've come across, regardless of price. is St.
>Remy VSOP (not to be confused with Remy Martin).
>http://www.beveragewarehouse.com/sea...p?item_id=2724
>
>Here in Henderson NV, a 1.75L bottle is $26. It's been compared
>within the family, with neighbors and with guests here at the
>house, against stuff costing as much as $200 for a 750mL and it
>always wins.
>
>Recently, the label was changed from "Napoleon" below the VSOP to
>"Authentic." I have no clue as to why, but the UPC code, price
>etc. are still the same. Most importantly, there's been no change
>in the taste, either.
>
>If you get some, I'd appreciate hearing whether you enjoy it as
>much as we do here at the Nonnyhouse.

Yes, a friend introduced me to the St. Remy.

I like it too--all too well. ;-)
(it goes fast)

Desideria