Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Lump and Briquette Charcoal Question

What is the taste difference between Kingsford briquettes, Trader Joes all
wood brequettes, and lump? Leave out the wood. Is there a taste difference
for low and slow compared to grilling with charcoal in general. For
grilling, what's the taste difference between any charcoal and gas?

This is just a poll.. Thanks for your thoughts,

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:33:15 -0700, "Theron" >
wrote:

>What is the taste difference between Kingsford briquettes, Trader Joes all
>wood brequettes, and lump? Leave out the wood. Is there a taste difference
>for low and slow compared to grilling with charcoal in general. For
>grilling, what's the taste difference between any charcoal and gas?
>
>This is just a poll.. Thanks for your thoughts,
>
>Ed

Lessee. I grill, and I use charcoal or gas, a Weber with Flavorizer
bars.

I feel there's quite a taste difference. Even though I can only do
direct cooking on my Lodge grill, using lump and grilling on it gives
me a hint of a smoky taste I really like--more so if I use chunks of
wood to flavor it (though all the smoke is tough on me).

Food on the Weber is also delicious, it's just not as seared or smoky,
even when I use chips with it.

I haven't tried Trader Joe's all wood briquettes, and I won't do the
classic briquettes ever again now that I've tried lump.

I think that low and slow is frequently a little TOO smoky for me.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:
> What is the taste difference between Kingsford briquettes, Trader
> Joes all wood brequettes, and lump? Leave out the wood. Is there a
> taste difference for low and slow compared to grilling with charcoal
> in general. For grilling, what's the taste difference between any
> charcoal and gas?
> This is just a poll.. Thanks for your thoughts,

Ah, yet another commonly dealt with question with a humongous database of
www answers being asked by a the resident troll.

This will answer the question.
http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm

Going back through the AFB archives will answer the question.

The FAQ which is frequently posted here and referred to by millions will
answer that question:
http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/

Buying the products and deciding for yourself will anwer the question.

Your questions are are not only a tedious exercise, but a trademark. What
next: When is the best time to bbq during a woman's menstrual cycle? Or how
about: Which is better: butts from pigs that golden delicious apples, or
pigs that eat red delicious apples?
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Desideria" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:33:15 -0700, "Theron" >
> wrote:
>
>>What is the taste difference between Kingsford briquettes, Trader Joes all
>>wood brequettes, and lump? Leave out the wood. Is there a taste
>>difference
>>for low and slow compared to grilling with charcoal in general. For
>>grilling, what's the taste difference between any charcoal and gas?
>>
>>This is just a poll.. Thanks for your thoughts,
>>
>>Ed
>>

> Lessee. I grill, and I use charcoal or gas, a Weber with Flavorizer
> bars.
>
> I feel there's quite a taste difference. Even though I can only do
> direct cooking on my Lodge grill, using lump and grilling on it gives
> me a hint of a smoky taste I really like--more so if I use chunks of
> wood to flavor it (though all the smoke is tough on me).
>
> Food on the Weber is also delicious, it's just not as seared or smoky,
> even when I use chips with it.
>
> I haven't tried Trader Joe's all wood briquettes, and I won't do the
> classic briquettes ever again now that I've tried lump.
>
> I think that low and slow is frequently a little TOO smoky for me.
>

> Desideria

What's a Lodge Grill? Are you referring to a Lodge griddle?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> Which is better: butts from pigs that eat golden delicious apples, or
> pigs that eat red delicious apples?

Sausage from pigs that ate spicy pork, rice and apples is already stuffed!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Theron" > wrote:
> "Desideria" > wrote in message
> [ . . . ]
> > I feel there's quite a taste difference. Even though I can only do
> > direct cooking on my Lodge grill, using lump and grilling on it gives
> > me a hint of a smoky taste I really like--more so if I use chunks of
> > wood to flavor it (though all the smoke is tough on me).
> > [ . . . ]

> What's a Lodge Grill? Are you referring to a Lodge griddle?

Google, goofus.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Theron" > wrote:
>> "Desideria" > wrote in message
>> [ . . . ]
>> > I feel there's quite a taste difference. Even though I can only do
>> > direct cooking on my Lodge grill, using lump and grilling on it gives
>> > me a hint of a smoky taste I really like--more so if I use chunks of
>> > wood to flavor it (though all the smoke is tough on me).
>> > [ . . . ]

>> What's a Lodge Grill? Are you referring to a Lodge griddle?

> Google, goofus.

"Lodge grill" on Google only comes up with pots and pans.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Theron wrote:
>> What is the taste difference between Kingsford briquettes, Trader
>> Joes all wood brequettes, and lump? Leave out the wood. Is there a
>> taste difference for low and slow compared to grilling with charcoal
>> in general. For grilling, what's the taste difference between any
>> charcoal and gas?
>> This is just a poll.. Thanks for your thoughts,

> Ah, yet another commonly dealt with question with a humongous database of
> www answers being asked by a the resident troll.
>
> This will answer the question.
> http://www.nakedwhiz.com/lump.htm

I can't identify the authorship of nakedwhiz.com. I don't know the
credibiity, nor the knowlege that generated all that rhetoric. As nicely
composed as it is, it's meaningless. I suspect it's all tied to marketing
in some semi clandestine fashion.

> Going back through the AFB archives will answer the question.

Again, to address my reply to sw about the same: As I said on a recent
thread, in response to your similar question: "One of the great things about
this and other NGs is knowing "Whadya doing now??". What are you doing
differently with que, grilling, and smoke that
you didn't do last time. It's OK to ask the fundamental questions now and
then. ...... Cooking, including outdoor cooking, is an ongoing evolutionary
event."

> The FAQ which is frequently posted here and referred to by millions will
> answer that question:
> http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/

I find this to be ancient, almost worthless. We want to know what's relevant
today

> Buying the products and deciding for yourself will anwer the question.

That's a pretty expensive way to proceed. Most of us rely on what is
published, and as well, the experiences a NG poster has had about a product.
An individual's experience is frequently more helpful when published in this
NG, rather than something published in a domain, paricularly if you can't
identify the domain author. Those experiences are different now than they
were five years ago.

> Your questions are are not only a tedious exercise, but a trademark. What
> next: When is the best time to bbq during a woman's menstrual cycle? Or
> how about: Which is better: butts from pigs that golden delicious apples,
> or pigs that eat red delicious apples?
>
> Dave

If you don't like my questions, don't respond. Your vitreolic responses and
your flaming does prevent a lot of questions from people who are more or
less forced to lurk, so they don't have to put up with your trolls, as as
this one.

Finally, I think you have little insight into backyard barbecue, where one
must compromise with equipment, fine detail, and monitoring. Yes, you did
run a business. That's not the same as our patios.

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:23:12 -0700, Theron wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> "Theron" > wrote:
>>> "Desideria" > wrote in message
>>> [ . . . ]
>>> What's a Lodge Grill? Are you referring to a Lodge griddle?

>> Google, goofus.
>>

> "Lodge grill" on Google only comes up with pots and pans.

Uh-huh. Now who are you calling troll?

There's only one place left for you Kent. In everyone's killfile.
No more second chances this time.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 21, 10:13*am, "Theron" > wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> > The FAQ which is frequently posted here and referred to by millions will
> > answer that question:
> >http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/

> I find this to be ancient, almost worthless. We want to know what's relevant
> today

This is completely retarded, even by Kent standards.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:23:12 -0700, Theron wrote:

>>> Google, goofus.
>>>

>> "Lodge grill" on Google only comes up with pots and pans.

> Uh-huh. Now who are you calling troll?
>
> There's only one place left for you Kent. In everyone's killfile.
> No more second chances this time.
>
> -sw

The disproportionate level of threads that sink to
this level versus anything of value is pretty much
why I bailed out the last time. I see it hasn't
gotten any better. But hey, this is Usenet, you
can say anything you want, even respond
incessantly to ******s.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:12:58 -0700, JD wrote:

> The disproportionate level of threads that sink to
> this level versus anything of value is pretty much
> why I bailed out the last time. I see it hasn't
> gotten any better. But hey, this is Usenet, you
> can say anything you want, even respond
> incessantly to ******s.

Must... Resist....

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Theron" > wrote in message

> "Desideria" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 13:33:15 -0700, "Theron" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>What is the taste difference between Kingsford briquettes, Trader Joes
>>>all
>>>wood brequettes, and lump? Leave out the wood. Is there a taste
>>>difference
>>>for low and slow compared to grilling with charcoal in general. For
>>>grilling, what's the taste difference between any charcoal and gas?
>>>
>>>This is just a poll.. Thanks for your thoughts,
>>>
>>>Ed
>>>

>> Lessee. I grill, and I use charcoal or gas, a Weber with Flavorizer
>> bars.
>>
>> I feel there's quite a taste difference. Even though I can only do
>> direct cooking on my Lodge grill, using lump and grilling on it gives
>> me a hint of a smoky taste I really like--more so if I use chunks of
>> wood to flavor it (though all the smoke is tough on me).
>>
>> Food on the Weber is also delicious, it's just not as seared or smoky,
>> even when I use chips with it.
>>
>> I haven't tried Trader Joe's all wood briquettes, and I won't do the
>> classic briquettes ever again now that I've tried lump.
>>
>> I think that low and slow is frequently a little TOO smoky for me.
>>

>> Desideria
>>

> What's a Lodge Grill? Are you referring to a Lodge griddle?

No need to reply. I found it.
http://www21.shopping.com/xPO-Lodge-...an-s-Grill-410 I didn't search
for "Lodge Sportsman 410 Charcoal" . This looks like a good searing grill,
as it's cast iron, and would hold heat well. I'd guess it's great for
searing a couple of NY strips. The Trader Joe's 100% hardwood briquettes
contain cornstarch, nothing else. It seems briquettes would be good for a
small grill like the Lodge.
Cheers,

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

http://www.lodgemfg.com/Logic-grills.asp
https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...idProduct=3975

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on some people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:11:36 GMT, Brick wrote:

> On 21-Sep-2009, "Theron" > wrote:
>
>> "Lodge grill" on Google only comes up with pots and pans.

> http://www.lodgemfg.com/Logic-grills.asp
> https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...idProduct=3975

Dude, you totally fell for his troll. I looked too. It was the
1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th link on google when you type in "lodge grill".

The guy is 100% troll. **** him.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:36:18 -0700, Theron wrote:

> The Trader Joe's 100% hardwood briquettes
> contain cornstarch, nothing else. It seems briquettes would be good for a
> small grill like the Lodge.

Your back-peddling has been noted. It's not wood, its charcoal.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 21-Sep-2009, Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 12:36:18 -0700, Theron wrote:
>
> > The Trader Joe's 100% hardwood briquettes
> > contain cornstarch, nothing else. It seems briquettes would be good for
> > small grill like the Lodge.

> Your back-peddling has been noted. It's not wood, its charcoal.
>
> -sw

I'm using Original Charcoal Co. "Rancher" briquettes in my Lodge
grill. Supposed to be all hardwood with only some starch for binder.
Works pretty good. Doesn't smell like kingsfarts.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:

> Finally, I think you have little insight into backyard barbecue,
> where one must compromise with equipment, fine detail, and
> monitoring. Yes, you did run a business. That's not the same as our
> patios.

Do you enjoy being a twit, Kent? All my experience is just from my business?
Well, to clarify your abyssmal assumptions, let me say that I've had and
used more 'backyard barbecue' equipment over the last forty years then you
have seen in the stores you've window-shopped at.

You are a poseur, Kent. You have hang around for years, like an inflammed,
infected hemmorhoid talking about 'bbq' as if you are a perpetual newbie.
You repeatedly bring up issues that you have had AMPLE opportunity to learn.
You ignore the resources from web sites that have been REPEATEDLY shared.
You act as some ingénue who is completely surprised by the most basic things
that have been discussed many time in this NG. Hell, the Naked Whiz has been
a resource that has been referred to tens of dozens of times.

You perpetually argue things that really amount to nothing more than 'how
many angels dance on the head of a pin'. You want to nit-pick at the most
subjective of opinions regarding recipes of brines, spices, and preparation.

You try to come across as some sort of 'bbq scholar' by asking opinions of
the most stupid crap, knowing that there IS no right answer for the stuff
that you ask... that there is nothing that will be considered anything other
than a series of subjective opinion. As with your latest crap question about
charcoal. When given a well known resource, you shrug it off with feigned
ignorance (no, I don't believe that you're not familiar with the Naked
Whiz). You do so because it won't allow you to continue a long thread of
nit-picking about charcoal.

You don't contribute to the health of this ng, Kent; you are a reason why
people get tired of afb and quit contributing.

Now, go play with yourself.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> "Theron" > wrote:
>>> "Desideria" > wrote in message
>>> [ . . . ]
>>> What's a Lodge Grill? Are you referring to a Lodge griddle?

>> Google, goofus.
>>

>"Lodge grill" on Google only comes up with pots and pans.

It's the Lodge Sportsman's Grill. Looks very much like a hibachi, but
without the ability to raise or lower the cooking grates.

Cast iron.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 14:35:43 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:12:58 -0700, JD wrote:
>
>> The disproportionate level of threads that sink to
>> this level versus anything of value is pretty much
>> why I bailed out the last time. I see it hasn't
>> gotten any better. But hey, this is Usenet, you
>> can say anything you want, even respond
>> incessantly to ******s.

>Must... Resist....
>
>-sw

Yes, Steve. You must. ;-)

Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>No need to reply. I found it.
>http://www21.shopping.com/xPO-Lodge-...an-s-Grill-410 I didn't search
>for "Lodge Sportsman 410 Charcoal" . This looks like a good searing grill,
>as it's cast iron, and would hold heat well. I'd guess it's great for
>searing a couple of NY strips. The Trader Joe's 100% hardwood briquettes
>contain cornstarch, nothing else. It seems briquettes would be good for a
>small grill like the Lodge.
>Cheers,
>
>Ed

Too late, already replied!

I use lump with it only, as I've said elsethread. Lump works fine.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

<JD> wrote in message ...
> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> "Lodge grill" on Google only comes up with pots and pans.

>> Uh-huh. Now who are you calling troll?
>>
>> There's only one place left for you Kent. In everyone's killfile.
>> No more second chances this time.
>>
>> -sw

> The disproportionate level of threads that sink to this level versus
> anything of value is pretty much why I bailed out the last time. I see it
> hasn't gotten any better. But hey, this is Usenet, you can say anything
> you want, even respond incessantly to ******s.

Usenet is dying. This NG especially is dying. One of the primary reasons on
this NG is the trolling and flaming. I think many lurk this NG. They're put
off by the few that troll* routinely, and they don't post. Then they leave.
It's really too bad for those of use that would like to see back to back
banter about grilling and low and slow and so forth.

Ed

*From Wikipedia: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts
controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online
community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the
primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of
otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:11:36 GMT, Brick wrote:
>
>> On 21-Sep-2009, "Theron" > wrote:
>>
>>> "Lodge grill" on Google only comes up with pots and pans.

>> http://www.lodgemfg.com/Logic-grills.asp
>> https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefro...idProduct=3975

> Dude, you totally fell for his troll. I looked too. It was the
> 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th link on google when you type in "lodge grill".
>
> The guy is 100% troll. **** him.
>
> -sw

A google search with "lodge grill" comes up with LODGE L410 HIBACHI IRON
SPORTSMAN.on the 4th link, not as stated above. I missed that. I was looking
for an old fashioned grill. I don't troll.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:16:33 -0700, Desideria wrote:

>>Must... Resist....

> Yes, Steve. You must. ;-)

I don't must. I "age" gracefully. With a .00875 nitrate content to
keep me from rotting.

Hrmpf.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 00:06:11 GMT, Brick wrote:

> I'm using Original Charcoal Co. "Rancher" briquettes in my Lodge
> grill. Supposed to be all hardwood with only some starch for binder.
> Works pretty good. Doesn't smell like kingsfarts.

I haven't confirmed it yet, but I'm willing to bet this is the same
re-branded charcoal TJ's is selling. Judging from the reviews I've
seen.

It's good briquette.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 17:28:35 -0700, Dave Bugg wrote:

> Do you enjoy being a twit, Kent? All my experience is just from my business?
> Well, to clarify your abyssmal assumptions, let me say that I've had and
> used more 'backyard barbecue' equipment over the last forty years then you
> have seen in the stores you've window-shopped at.
>
> You are a poseur, Kent. You have hang around for years, like an inflammed,
> infected hemmorhoid talking about 'bbq' as if you are a perpetual newbie.
> You repeatedly bring up issues that you have had AMPLE opportunity to learn.
> You ignore the resources from web sites that have been REPEATEDLY shared.
> You act as some ingénue who is completely surprised by the most basic things
> that have been discussed many time in this NG. Hell, the Naked Whiz has been
> a resource that has been referred to tens of dozens of times.
>
> You perpetually argue things that really amount to nothing more than 'how
> many angels dance on the head of a pin'. You want to nit-pick at the most
> subjective of opinions regarding recipes of brines, spices, and preparation.
>
> You try to come across as some sort of 'bbq scholar' by asking opinions of
> the most stupid crap, knowing that there IS no right answer for the stuff
> that you ask... that there is nothing that will be considered anything other
> than a series of subjective opinion. As with your latest crap question about
> charcoal. When given a well known resource, you shrug it off with feigned
> ignorance (no, I don't believe that you're not familiar with the Naked
> Whiz). You do so because it won't allow you to continue a long thread of
> nit-picking about charcoal.
>
> You don't contribute to the health of this ng, Kent; you are a reason why
> people get tired of afb and quit contributing.
>
> Now, go play with yourself.

Dave, you have much more patience than I could ever have at one
time. You have taken over where my short-lived speechlessness ends.

We need to put your post in the BBQ FAQ.

I think JD is maintaining the FAQ these daze.

-sw (I regret that already but mny backspace key is bor^H^Hroken)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:

> Dave, you have much more patience than I could ever have at one
> time. You have taken over where my short-lived speechlessness ends.

You acquit yourself quite well, Steve. It is good to fully document Kent.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 21, 7:32*pm, "Theron" > wrote:

> Usenet is dying. This NG especially is dying.

Any support for this, other than being pulled out your ass as
everything else is?

> One of the primary reasons on
> this NG is the trolling and flaming.

Let's see, as YOU are said TROLL, and receive the BULK of the FLAMES,
I suspect your view is somewhat, let us say, BIASED.

>I think

Oh, you sure seem to try to anyway. Not successfully either. But keep
on trying!

> many lurk this NG. They're put off by the few that troll* routinely, and they don't post. Then they leave.
> It's really too bad

First off, you don't know squat and are making suppositions to support
your argument, AKA, pulling it out your ass, Secondly, YOU are a
troll, so, stop trolling, troll.

> for those of use that would like to see back to back
> banter about grilling and low and slow and so forth.

You ^never^ have bantered on usenet Kent, *never*. So your "us" is a
population of one.
Moron.

Really, we've made it abundantly clear that you are unwelcome over the
years, which you had finally seemed to grasp as we hadn't heard from
you for these past few years. We started to think you might actually
have a bit of sanity.

But no, here you are again, this time even more agressively stupid
than ever.

*Sigh* WHO'S lecturing WHO about trolls? Seriously, remember last
time? Nobody likes you, nobody will interact with you, yes you got a
couple of people with your mask under a different handle, but don't
let that fool you.

You need an online community where they have really short memories
and cant keep up with all the players. I don't really care where you
go, but for your sake, and ours, just go.

I enjoy torturing you too much for comfort. Makes me feel like Cheney
or something.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 22:51:24 -0700, Dave Bugg wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> Dave, you have much more patience than I could ever have at one
>> time. You have taken over where my short-lived speechlessness ends.

> You acquit yourself quite well, Steve. It is good to fully document Kent.

I'm putting him up there next to Jerry Sauk.

Or wait .... maybe *I'm* Kent in disguise!? What do you think
folks? Is Bobo here to enjoy this one?

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Pint Marty OT

Hey, Marty

I just got word that a former classmate is going to challenge
Skelton for his House seat. This guy is good, has a spotless
record and has a pretty decent war chest. How vulnerable is
Skelton? If anyone can knock him off, it'll be this fellow.
--
Nonny

When Wilson yelled, €śYou LIE€ť during
the joint session of Congress,
he could have been addressing any
of the politicians, not just Obama.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonny wrote:
> Hey, Marty
>
> I just got word that a former classmate is going to challenge
> Skelton for his House seat. This guy is good, has a spotless
> record and has a pretty decent war chest. How vulnerable is
> Skelton? If anyone can knock him off, it'll be this fellow.

Nonny, who is this? I love a good political fight.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Nonny wrote:
>> Hey, Marty
>>
>> I just got word that a former classmate is going to challenge
>> Skelton for his House seat. This guy is good, has a spotless
>> record and has a pretty decent war chest. How vulnerable is
>> Skelton? If anyone can knock him off, it'll be this fellow.

> Nonny, who is this? I love a good political fight.
> --
> Dave
> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven
> before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

The guy's name is Bill Stouffer and he's announcing his candidacy
tomorrow. He was one of the most highly thought of guys in our
class, married another classmate that everyone liked and is now a
State Senator in MO. Bill's a farmer by profession, but also was
Chairman of MFA for many years, gaining both political and
business experience. The folk in his district now really like him
and his career is without any taint or shadow. He'll be one of
the very few politicians I'll be donating money to.
--
Nonny

When Wilson yelled, “You LIE” during
the joint session of Congress,
he could have been addressing any
of the politicians, not just Obama.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonny wrote:

> The guy's name is Bill Stouffer and he's announcing his candidacy
> tomorrow. He was one of the most highly thought of guys in our
> class, married another classmate that everyone liked and is now a
> State Senator in MO. Bill's a farmer by profession, but also was
> Chairman of MFA for many years, gaining both political and
> business experience. The folk in his district now really like him
> and his career is without any taint or shadow. He'll be one of
> the very few politicians I'll be donating money to.

His background sounds very intriguing and of the character one would like to
have in a politician. What is his stand on things like gun control aka the
second amendment, immigration policy, 'universal' health care, Carbon cap
and trade?

I support a few candidates around America, as well as here in my own state.
Maybe this guy can be added to the list.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Nonny wrote:
>
>> The guy's name is Bill Stouffer and he's announcing his
>> candidacy
>> tomorrow. He was one of the most highly thought of guys in our
>> class, married another classmate that everyone liked and is now
>> State Senator in MO. Bill's a farmer by profession, but also
>> was
>> Chairman of MFA for many years, gaining both political and
>> business experience. The folk in his district now really like
>> him
>> and his career is without any taint or shadow. He'll be one of
>> the very few politicians I'll be donating money to.

> His background sounds very intriguing and of the character one
> would like to have in a politician. What is his stand on things
> like gun control aka the second amendment, immigration policy,
> 'universal' health care, Carbon cap and trade?

As his campaign develops, I'm sure Bill will comment himself. In
the meantime, have you ever met or heard of a farmer who didn't
have guns or hunted? <grin>

Not speaking for Bill, but only for myself, our old high school
STILL has a trap and skeet team. Back when we were in school, we
grew up with guns and hunted, shot target and kept guns in the
trunk or behind the seat of a truck. My first .410 was from the
principal of the high school, who rented a place from my Dad and
who took me hunting as a child. My future wife and I would
frequently take a Ruger .22 along on motorcycle drives up to the
MO River to shoot at debris. I can't imagine someone with a
similar background NOT feeling as I do about guns or hunting.

--
Nonny

When Wilson yelled, “You LIE” during
the joint session of Congress,
he could have been addressing any
of the politicians, not just Obama.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 22-Sep-2009, Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 00:06:11 GMT, Brick wrote:
>
> > I'm using Original Charcoal Co. "Rancher" briquettes in my Lodge
> > grill. Supposed to be all hardwood with only some starch for binder.
> > Works pretty good. Doesn't smell like kingsfarts.

> I haven't confirmed it yet, but I'm willing to bet this is the same
> re-branded charcoal TJ's is selling. Judging from the reviews I've
> seen.
>
> It's good briquette.
>
> -sw

I prefer lump, but I'm not willing to pay over a dollar a pound for
lump when I can get decent briquettes for 35˘/lb. I'm at the end
of my Original Charcoal "Rancher", but I have access to Royal
Oak which is nearly as good for about the same price.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Duwop" > wrote in message
On Sep 21, 7:32 pm, "Theron" > wrote:

> Usenet is dying. This NG especially is dying.

Any support for this, other than being pulled out your ass as
everything else is?

> One of the primary reasons on
> this NG is the trolling and flaming.

Let's see, as YOU are said TROLL, and receive the BULK of the FLAMES,
I suspect your view is somewhat, let us say, BIASED.

>I think

Oh, you sure seem to try to anyway. Not successfully either. But keep
on trying!

> many lurk this NG. They're put off by the few that troll* routinely, and
> they don't post. Then they leave.
> It's really too bad

First off, you don't know squat and are making suppositions to support
your argument, AKA, pulling it out your ass, Secondly, YOU are a
troll, so, stop trolling, troll.

> for those of use that would like to see back to back
> banter about grilling and low and slow and so forth.

You ^never^ have bantered on usenet Kent, *never*. So your "us" is a
population of one.
Moron.

Really, we've made it abundantly clear that you are unwelcome over the
years, which you had finally seemed to grasp as we hadn't heard from
you for these past few years. We started to think you might actually
have a bit of sanity.

But no, here you are again, this time even more agressively stupid
than ever.

*Sigh* WHO'S lecturing WHO about trolls? Seriously, remember last
time? Nobody likes you, nobody will interact with you, yes you got a
couple of people with your mask under a different handle, but don't
let that fool you.

You need an online community where they have really short memories
and cant keep up with all the players. I don't really care where you
go, but for your sake, and ours, just go.

I enjoy torturing you too much for comfort. Makes me feel like Cheney
or something.

The above[I enjoy torturing......] is a troll. Review again the Wikipedia
definition:
Troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial,
inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such
as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of
provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of otherwise
disrupting normal on-topic discussion. You aren't saying anything tied to
this or any other thread; you're just shooting your mouth off. I don't troll
as defined above, at least not intentionally. One could argue the two posts
above to Dave Bugg and to Sqwertz. They weren't, however.

Regarding this NG, I think you're one of several flamers, included, and
certainly not limited to Bugg and Wertz. You keep many, many sincere lurkers
from posting reasonable questions, and reasonable ideas just like the ones
I've recently posted.

As you're asking me above, I ask that you and your flaming colleagues go.
Go and let us talk.

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:

> ....You keep many, many
> sincere lurkers from posting reasonable questions, and reasonable
> ideas just like the ones I've recently posted.

Aside from the fact that you cannot prove your statement (oh, gee, just like
so much of your other out-of-the-ass, smoke-blowing tripe that you
perpetuate), lurkers are made to feel safe by the likes of those of us who
refuse to put up with your drivel, Kent. The lurkers know that they can
depend on us to protect them from cretins like you, to add joy to their
participation here, and will be made to feel loved and appreciated for not
being you.

Now go back to your garage turkey brining. It's a GOOD thing.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:46:15 -0700, Theron wrote:

> ...not limited to Bugg and Wertz.

Translation: "Those two that have been the most vocal about my
idiocy".

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Theron wrote:
>
>> ....You keep many, many
>> sincere lurkers from posting reasonable questions, and reasonable
>> ideas just like the ones I've recently posted.

> Aside from the fact that you cannot prove your statement (oh, gee, just
> like so much of your other out-of-the-ass, smoke-blowing tripe that you
> perpetuate), lurkers are made to feel safe by the likes of those of us who
> refuse to put up with your drivel, Kent. The lurkers know that they can
> depend on us to protect them from cretins like you, to add joy to their
> participation here, and will be made to feel loved and appreciated for not
> being you.
>
> Now go back to your garage turkey brining. It's a GOOD thing.
> --
> Dave
> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

The above: a disgusting quote: I grieve for the lamenting women. That is a
troll. Please don't answer. It's pointless.

Garage brining works fine if done correctly,

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:

> The above: a disgusting quote: I grieve for the lamenting women.

Of course you would, Kent. Despite the fact that the quote comes from a
fictional character within a fictional story, I admire the fact that this is
the depth of what you deem "an issue".

> That is a troll.

Sure....in the world according to Kent. You sure are desperate to be clever,
ain't ya?

> Please don't answer. It's pointless.

Oh, I know. You just don't have the capacity to take anything to heart and
change the direction you keep going in. You keep playing for attention like
some emotionally starved three year old monkey. You persist at being an
asshat. As you say, it's pointless.

> Garage brining works fine if done correctly,

But you don't, according to what you have related of your 'technique'.

--
Dave

Lump and Briquette Charcoal Question Theron Barbecue 22 02-10-2009 07:53 AM
Lump charcoal VS Charcoal briquettes ken ullman Barbecue 40 22-08-2005 08:44 PM
lump charcoal fishman99 Barbecue 17 30-06-2005 09:52 AM
Lump Charcoal: A Story and a question Brian Barbecue 17 05-05-2005 01:55 PM
Big Lump In Lump Charcoal Pierre Barbecue 8 11-07-2004 05:38 PM