Old 24-09-2009, 12:02 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default cold smoking

"RegForte" wrote in message
Theron wrote:

Again, above, you're confused about the definition of a troll, and again,
from Wikipekia:
"Troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial,
inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community,
such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary
intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or of
otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion."

Theron/Kent/Ed,

You seem concerned about whether the troll accusation
fairly applies. In my opinion there are some questions
that keep the issue alive. I'll pick one.

Why would you ask about the safety of eating uncooked
country ham (a rather strange question to say the least,
and one which predictably sparked a good deal of
controversy), then having gotten an answer, ask it again
in the same place 4 years later?

Not a big deal to me you understand, but without some
clarification here I'd say the preponderance of the
evidence in everyone's minds will continue to be
against you.

Time to put a slab on the smoker and go for a surf.

--
Reg

There are several number of reasons why it is reasonable to readdress an
issue such as that.

1. It wasn't fully answered last time.
2. I don't think it's answered by the country ham industry, or if it
presumably is, some lawyer is telling them what to say.
3. New people watch this group daily, who have different and hopefully
better insights than those who responded four years ago.
4. I think it's a good question.
5. Finally, if you can't raise a fundamental question now and then, like
mop, rub, charcoal, temperature, and etc. what else is there?
How many times do you want to hear "OB food: steak and fries tonight"
at the end of an otherwise inane message?

Regarding trolling: As the above states, a troll is a message that is posted
to create an emotional or disruptive response. The question about ham
doesn't do that. When a poster says "**** off", as was done recently, that
is a troll that invites a flame. I can't be accused of doing that, again,
other than my recent posts to several veteran flamers.

Finally, this is a non moderated newsgroup. While there may have been a
standard of subject, behavior, and so forth when the NG started, a non
moderated newsgroup will expand on its own. The thrust is supposed to be bbq
"Low and Slow". It isn't, and can't be because a minority of this NG's
readers are dedicated "Low and Slow" BBQers. I suspect from a usage
standpoint the gas grill wins hands down, other charcoal grills next, and
last the true smokers if you measure popularity.

Cheers to all,

Ed

Old 24-09-2009, 01:46 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:
There are several number of reasons why it is reasonable to readdress
an issue such as that.

1. It wasn't fully answered last time.

Says you. Your past questions were fully answered. You repeat questions for
only one purpose: to impress newbies. However there are archives which house
past questions and can be accessed quite readily.

2. I don't think it's answered by the country ham industry, or if
it presumably is, some lawyer is telling them what to say.

And here we have people's exhibit 29,387 of why Kent is an asshat. You throw
out non-sequitors and straw-men as if they are relevant, when they are, by
any measure, not. You do so to keep attention on yourself, to pursue the
'number of angels on the head of a pin', and to appear knowledgeable and
sophisticated.

3. New people watch this group daily, who have different and
hopefully better insights than those who responded four years ago.

Prove it. Which new people have chimed in to your inane questions? And if
so, what profound 'new' insights were offered? Again, you prove that you are
doing this to capture people's attention and to pose in the limelight so
that any potential newbie sees you as cool and knowledgeable. You hope to
fool newbies because the folks here just find you inane and tedious.

4. I think it's a good question.

Oh, wow. You think a pretentious question from years ago has transformed
into a 'good' question today? Good for you. Maybe in four more years you can
pose your same stupid stuff yet again.

5. Finally, if you can't raise a fundamental question now and
then, like mop, rub, charcoal, temperature, and etc. what else is there?

Oh, so your inanities and boorish presence is really designed to HELP us be
fresh and relevant. So you contend that your repeating questions, being a
poseur, and running a discussion into a nit-picking den of ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!
is a good thing?

How many times do you want to hear "OB food: steak and fries tonight" at
the end of an otherwise inane message?

Well, as the Royal Regent of Ridiculous Inanity that is an odd question.
Just quit adding that OB to the end of your messages. Better yet, don't post
at all.

Regarding trolling:

Uh, now that you are recognized as the Official NG Troll are you going to
lecture us on trollisims? I don't think there is much interest.

Finally, this is a non moderated newsgroup.

Duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh. Oh, and DUH!!!!!!!

While there may have been a standard of subject, behavior, and so forth
when the NG started, a non moderated newsgroup will expand on its own.

Blood sugar a little low?

The thrust is supposed to be bbq "Low and Slow".

No. It is dedicated to BBQ and other forms of outdoor cooking. Ask anyone.
The charter has been a frequent topic of discussion. Yet another example of
your dedication to irrelevance.

It isn't, and can't be because a minority of this NG's readers are
dedicated "Low and Slow" BBQers. I suspect from a usage standpoint the gas
grill wins hands down, other charcoal grills next, and last the true
smokers if you measure popularity.

I know you think you have a point, Kent, but trust me, your point is awol
and has left you treading water.

Cheers to all

I crap better cheers than you have the ability to offer.

--
Dave

Old 25-09-2009, 05:48 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" wrote:
This is a civil group. Take your attacks elsewhere. There are may
group full of a-holes out there!

And which one of those did you come from, Borat?

Please leave enough attribution that I know who said what to whom and why.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Old 25-09-2009, 01:14 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" wrote in message
thanks i am saving this post, the concept of scallops and sharp cheddar is
making me drool, Lee

No problem.

Matt

Old 26-09-2009, 02:20 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:

I'll skip the killfiles for a while and see what happens. Only "Bent"
seems to be the jerk-o-the-day.

Stop talking about yourself jerkoffski. You can't hack it I stand up
to you and your cliquish troll buddies.

Try again - in English, asswipe.

Old 26-09-2009, 02:22 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Stormmee wrote:
no apology needed, Lee

"D" wrote in message
Desideria wrote:
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:35:54 -0400, D wrote:

Stormmee wrote:
how does your salmon turn out? this is one thing i am very interested
in doing, Lee
Top posting is common for email but doesn't work so well in the Usenet
groups. You can configure Outlook Express to handle then differently.

Ummm, D....

If you look back thru Stormmee's (Lee's) posts for a while, you'll see
that the topic was discussed exhaustively. Lee has a screen reader and
she says that none of the systems to make bottom posts work
automatically will function with her screen reader.

Mostly folks who have an issue with her top posting tend to eventually
killfile her to just avoid annoyance.

(I'm not one of them, by the way, but I have no issue with those who
are, nor does Lee)

Desideria

If you are saying she has a vision problem, then I apologize for my
suggestion.

Thanks. Post wherever you want!

Old 26-09-2009, 04:19 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 22, 8:39*pm, D wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:
On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 20:55:53 -0400, D wrote:

If you are saying she has a vision problem, then I apologize for my
suggestion.

You're not the first one to fall into this trap. *I did, too. *And I
took a beating for not reading every post there is here.

You are hereby whipped and shunned forever for not paying attention.
You and I shall go to hell the way of thou who shall not be named.

I just killfiled them, and two others. *But now I can't make heads
or tails of this group. *Kent is the only balance.

-sw

I'll skip the killfiles for a while and see what happens. *Only "Bent"
seems to be the jerk-o-the-day.

Here's some advice 'D', as well as other trolls. If you don't want
trolls on this NG(you I think are a troll btw; you just don't realize
it), then don't act so anal when someone posts something of value.
Half the NG here is anal beyond comprehension; willing to call someone
a troll because he/she won't grovel and kiss ass when they post here.
I don't kiss ass, so I have been labled a troll. 'They' expect people
to come here and like 'Oh you guys I worship you how do you like my
setup, charcoal and can I sacrifice my firstborn in you honour'...
Flip that noise.
Old 26-09-2009, 09:31 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default For Nick - repost with proper attributions ;-) cold smoking

"Nunya Bidnits" wrote:
D said:
Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:
On Sep 21, 3:40 pm, RegForte wrote:
Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:
[ . . . ]

And which one of those did you come from, Borat?

Thankee kindly, good sir. I just like to know which of my killfiled
assholes said what and not mistakenly slam one of the good guys by mistake.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Old 27-09-2009, 02:25 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:

Here's some advice 'D', as well as other trolls. If you don't want
trolls on this NG(you I think are a troll btw; you just don't realize
it), then don't act so anal when someone posts something of value.
Half the NG here is anal beyond comprehension; willing to call someone
a troll because he/she won't grovel and kiss ass when they post here.
I don't kiss ass, so I have been labled a troll. 'They' expect people
to come here and like 'Oh you guys I worship you how do you like my
setup, charcoal and can I sacrifice my firstborn in you honour'...
Flip that noise.

If "half" of this NG doesn't meet your expectations, you might want to
consider the simple fact that *you* are the "problem".

The door is over there ----------

Old 27-09-2009, 12:19 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 26, 9:25*pm, The D wrote:
Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:

Here's some advice 'D', as well as other trolls. *If you don't want
trolls on this NG(you I think are a troll btw; you just don't realize
it), then don't act so anal when someone posts something of value.
Half the NG here is anal beyond comprehension; willing to call someone
a troll because he/she won't grovel and kiss ass when they post here.
I don't kiss ass, so I have been labled a troll. *'They' expect people
to come here and like 'Oh you guys I worship you how do you like my
setup, charcoal and can I sacrifice my firstborn in you honour'...
Flip that noise.

If "half" of this NG doesn't meet your expectations, you might want to
consider the simple fact that *you* are the "problem".

The door is over there ----------

Anyone who yells troll at posts he/she doesn't particularly like is
the problem. Whether it's 50% or 10% or whatever. That includes you,
so you may wish to follow your own advice; you may also follow the
arrow that you drew for yourself and kick yourself out of here.
Old 28-09-2009, 01:31 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:
On Sep 26, 9:25 pm, The D wrote:
Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:

[...]

Read your own posts. I never used the word troll - not once.

You, however, labeled me a troll and then went on to post this:

"Anyone who yells troll at posts he/she doesn't particularly like is the
problem."

and earlier:

"You can't hack it I stand up to you and your cliquish troll buddies."

YOU have the problem here. Learn to play like an adult or leave.

Cold Smoking in a Bullet Smoker Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 3 21-04-2012 06:00 AM
cold smoking question Bob Barbecue 6 23-06-2007 03:01 AM
Looking for information about Cold Smoking as a means of preservation. mj Preserving 9 09-11-2006 02:43 PM
Cold smoking in WSM WiScottsin Barbecue 153 17-09-2004 02:35 AM