Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default I hit one out of the park!

After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a sandwich last
night, the lightbulb came on.

I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with it.
Outstanding!

Mayo
Guldens brown mustard
sweet pickles
sea salt

Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several hours to meld
flavors.

--

--Brett

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

that sounds nice, my mom often made us beef brisket like this for school
lunch, i could have got so much food for it... but i refused to trade. Lee

"vex" > wrote in message
> After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a sandwich last
> night, the lightbulb came on.
>
> I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with it.
> Outstanding!
>
> Mayo
> Guldens brown mustard
> sweet pickles
> sea salt
>
> Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several hours to meld
> flavors.
>

> --
>

> --Brett

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

vex wrote:
> After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a sandwich
> last night, the lightbulb came on.
>
> I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with it.
> Outstanding!
>
> Mayo
> Guldens brown mustard
> sweet pickles
> sea salt
>
> Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several hours to
> meld flavors.

Yup. And the same with brisket. leftover bbq make wonderful sandwich
spreads.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:24:07 -0700, "vex" > wrote:

>After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a sandwich last
>night, the lightbulb came on.
>
>I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with it.
>Outstanding!
>
>Mayo
>Guldens brown mustard
>sweet pickles
>sea salt
>
>Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several hours to meld
>flavors.

Cool.

I took some leftover pulled pork and used in to make Lo Mein the other
day. Outstanding!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> vex said:
>> After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a sandwich
>> last night, the lightbulb came on.
>>
>> I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with it.
>> Outstanding!
>>
>> Mayo
>> Guldens brown mustard
>> sweet pickles
>> sea salt
>>
>> Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several hours to
>> meld flavors.

> Sounds good, what proportions on the mayo and mustard?

I used mostly mayo, I'd say 4:1.

--Brett

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Gene wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:24:07 -0700, "vex" > wrote:
>
>> After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a sandwich last
>> night, the lightbulb came on.
>>
>> I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with it.
>> Outstanding!
>>
>> Mayo
>> Guldens brown mustard
>> sweet pickles
>> sea salt
>>
>> Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several hours to meld
>> flavors.

> Cool.
>
> I took some leftover pulled pork and used in to make Lo Mein the other
> day. Outstanding!

I make machaca with mine, too. But it's not dried first, so no
reconstituting is necessary.

--Brett
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 18-Sep-2009, "vex" > wrote:

> After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a sandwich last
> night, the lightbulb came on.
>
> I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with it.
> Outstanding!
>
> Mayo
> Guldens brown mustard
> sweet pickles
> sea salt
>
> Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several hours to meld
> flavors.
>
> --
> --Brett

Mix pulled pork with salsa, sauteed onions and cheese.Wrap with tortilla
of your choice (I used large size flour tortilla) and nuke a few seconds to
get it good and hot. Beats the hell out of popcorn for a late night snack.

Sub refried beans for the salsa and do it again. Variations are endless.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"vex" > wrote in message
> Nunya Bidnits wrote:
>> vex said:
>>> After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a
>>> sandwich
>>> last night, the lightbulb came on.
>>>
>>> I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with
>>> it.
>>> Outstanding!
>>>
>>> Mayo
>>> Guldens brown mustard
>>> sweet pickles
>>> sea salt
>>>
>>> Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several
>>> hours to
>>> meld flavors.

>> Sounds good, what proportions on the mayo and mustard?

> I used mostly mayo, I'd say 4:1.

Home made "anything" is usually best. However, I again want to
mention that if you want something great and are in a hurry, keep
a jar of Marzetti's Original Slaw Dressing in the ice box. Of
course, it makes very good slaw with just the addition of cabbage.
However, I've also used it to dress up the flavor of potato salad,
have used it in tuna salad and of course have used it right out of
the bottle on pulled pork. The stuff is as versatile as
mayonnaise, but with a much more intense flavor.

One little experiment I plan in the future is to see what some
fresh crushed Tarragon, might be like added to the Marzetti's and
used as a little dab of sauce beside a steak.

For salmon and tuna steaks, though, nothing beats ginger butter, I
feel. We make it up a stick of butter at a time, storing it in a
ceramic bowl that can be reheated if desired.
(all measurements are approximate)
Stick of butter
1-1/2 tbsp pickled ginger, drained and crushed in a garlic crusher
clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp Worcestershire
1/2-1 tsp salt to taste

It can be served as a warm sauce on the plate OR from the
refrigerator scooped out with a melon ball scoop and placed on top
of the grilled salmon/tuna.

--
Nonny

Government is the great fiction
through which everybody endeavors
to live at the expense of everybody else.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 18-Sep-2009, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> vex wrote:
> > After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a sandwich
> > last night, the lightbulb came on.
> >
> > I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with it.
> > Outstanding!
> >
> > Mayo
> > Guldens brown mustard
> > sweet pickles
> > sea salt
> >
> > Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several hours to
> > meld flavors.

> Yup. And the same with brisket. leftover bbq make wonderful sandwich
> spreads.
>
> --
> Dave

Also, tacos, burritos,enchiladas, empanadas, tostadas and even a killer
calzone. When you get real desperate, mix it with onions, potatoes and
a little garlic for real good hash.

--
Brick (Barbecued Pork Rules)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"vex" > wrote in :

> After watching my wife whip up a batch of tuna salad for a sandwich last
> night, the lightbulb came on.
>
> I made up some pulled pork salad and just made a sandwich with it.
> Outstanding!
>
> Mayo
> Guldens brown mustard
> sweet pickles
> sea salt
>
> Mix with pulled pork to desired flavor and rest for several hours to meld
> flavors.

Here in flyer over Minnesota we take some great smoked pulled pork a can of
mushroom soup some noodles and some of your faviorite rub and maka great
hotdish for church socials!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I support the burrito-soft taco venture for the burnt ends.

"Tacos de carbon" I've heard/ate them so said.

-Zz
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 22:38:23 GMT, "Brick"
> wrote:

>> Yup. And the same with brisket. leftover bbq make wonderful sandwich
>> spreads.

>Also, tacos, burritos,enchiladas, empanadas, tostadas and even a killer
>calzone. When you get real desperate, mix it with onions, potatoes and
>a little garlic for real good hash.

The hash doesn't sound like one needs to be desperate in order to want
it.

--
-denny-

Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
--David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans

Know the signs!
http://www.heartinfo.org/ms/guides/9/main.html
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 21-Sep-2009, Denny Wheeler > wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 22:38:23 GMT, "Brick"
> > wrote:
>
> >> Yup. And the same with brisket. leftover bbq make wonderful sandwich
> >> spreads.

> >Also, tacos, burritos,enchiladas, empanadas, tostadas and even a killer
> >calzone. When you get real desperate, mix it with onions, potatoes and
> >a little garlic for real good hash.

> The hash doesn't sound like one needs to be desperate in order to want
> it.
>
> --
> -denny-

You're right denny. But, you know; hash I make from fresh ingredients
is just never as good as hash made from leftovers. The one exception
might be hash made from freshly made corned beef and new potatoes.
But, that's kind of a special deal.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

Picnic in the Park Tara General Cooking 0 29-01-2011 09:07 PM
Breakfast in the Park gloria.p General Cooking 6 01-06-2010 02:09 AM
Central Park jmcquown General Cooking 0 01-10-2006 06:27 PM
picnic in the park with recipe Kathy in NZ General Cooking 3 17-01-2006 09:54 AM
Bryant Park Margaret Suran General Cooking 42 04-12-2005 11:55 AM