Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default electric smokers

well i have read enough to think i want an electric smoker. i don't have
the guts to deal with gas or charcoal so i am interested in reccomendations.

requirements are that it be as knob oreinted as possible, i can mark knobs
and switches but can't use digitial displays,

thanks for any help you can offer, Lee

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmmee" > wrote in message
> well i have read enough to think i want an electric smoker. i
> don't have the guts to deal with gas or charcoal so i am
> interested in reccomendations.
>
> requirements are that it be as knob oreinted as possible, i can
> mark knobs and switches but can't use digitial displays,
>
> thanks for any help you can offer, Lee

The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The
temperature control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a
slider instead of a knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty
simple and almost impossible to mess up.

--
Nonny

Government is the great fiction
through which everybody endeavors
to live at the expense of everybody else.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonny" > wrote in message

> "Stormmmee" > wrote in message
>> well i have read enough to think i want an electric smoker. i don't have
>> the guts to deal with gas or charcoal so i am interested in
>> reccomendations.
>>
>> requirements are that it be as knob oreinted as possible, i can mark
>> knobs and switches but can't use digitial displays,
>>
>> thanks for any help you can offer, Lee
>>

> The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The temperature
> control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a slider instead of a
> knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty simple and almost impossible to
> mess up.
>
> - - Nonny

You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley and its
freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 16, 4:36*pm, "Un-Yawn" > wrote:
> "Nonny" > wrote in message

> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley and its
> freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. *Puck you, nonny-mouse.

You don't sound like, you ARE a loud mouthed POS.

Nonny has contributed a lot of time, energy, and information over the
years to this group. Your contributions wouldn't cover the point of a
pin. One, two posts?

Go away, moron.

Nonny, just think dealing with his post as enjoying your morning
constitutional after a night of too much Q. One good push, flush the
commode and it's gone.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Un-Yawn" > wrote:
> "Nonny" > wrote in message
> > "Stormmmee" > wrote in message

> >> well i have read enough to think i want an electric smoker. i don't
> >> have the guts to deal with gas or charcoal so i am interested in
> >> reccomendations.
> >>
> >> requirements are that it be as knob oreinted as possible, i can mark
> >> knobs and switches but can't use digitial displays,
> >>
> >> thanks for any help you can offer, Lee

> > The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The temperature
> > control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a slider instead of a
> > knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty simple and almost impossible
> > to mess up.

> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley and its
> freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

And your 'recommendation' added what?

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Un-Yawn" > wrote in message

>> The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The
>> temperature control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a
>> slider instead of a knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty
>> simple and almost impossible to mess up.
>>
>> - - Nonny

> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley
> and its freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

.. . . is that you, Mom?

--
Nonny

Government is the great fiction
through which everybody endeavors
to live at the expense of everybody else.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:56:46 -0500, "Stormmmee"
> wrote:

>well i have read enough to think i want an electric smoker. i don't have
>the guts to deal with gas or charcoal so i am interested in reccomendations.
>
>requirements are that it be as knob oreinted as possible, i can mark knobs
>and switches but can't use digitial displays,
>
>thanks for any help you can offer, Lee

Smoke Hollow. Affordable, easy to put together and to operate. Well
insulated too.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:13:33 -0700, "Nonny" > wrote:

>"Un-Yawn" > wrote in message
>

>>> The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The
>>> temperature control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a
>>> slider instead of a knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty
>>> simple and almost impossible to mess up.
>>>
>>> - - Nonny

>> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley
>> and its freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

>. . . is that you, Mom?

<G>

Good response, Nonny. I've already got the so and so plonked, long
before he sent this.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Desideria > wrote:

> >> [crap snipped]

> >. . . is that you, Mom?

> <G>
>
> Good response, Nonny. I've already got the so and so plonked, long
> before he sent this.

As did I. He/she/it is in 'good' company!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thanks I am really taking my time so i can do this right, Lee

"Nonny" > wrote in message

> "Stormmmee" > wrote in message
>> well i have read enough to think i want an electric smoker. i don't have
>> the guts to deal with gas or charcoal so i am interested in
>> reccomendations.
>>
>> requirements are that it be as knob oreinted as possible, i can mark
>> knobs and switches but can't use digitial displays,
>>
>> thanks for any help you can offer, Lee
>>

> The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The temperature
> control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a slider instead of a
> knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty simple and almost impossible to
> mess up.
>
> --
> Nonny
>
> Government is the great fiction
> through which everybody endeavors
> to live at the expense of everybody else.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

are you jealous he knows about higher end equipment... he gave me an answer,
i said nothing about cost i asked about best.. now when my cheap bone kicks
in i might ask another question,
Lee

"Un-Yawn" > wrote in message

> "Nonny" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Stormmmee" > wrote in message
>>> well i have read enough to think i want an electric smoker. i don't
>>> have the guts to deal with gas or charcoal so i am interested in
>>> reccomendations.
>>>
>>> requirements are that it be as knob oreinted as possible, i can mark
>>> knobs and switches but can't use digitial displays,
>>>
>>> thanks for any help you can offer, Lee
>>>

>> The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The temperature
>> control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a slider instead of a
>> knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty simple and almost impossible to
>> mess up.
>>
>> - - Nonny

> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley and its
> freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

*banging on computer box*

hey nick my screen reader is messing up again,,, it skipped a
recommendation...

Lee

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Un-Yawn" > wrote:

>> > The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The temperature
>> > control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a slider instead of a
>> > knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty simple and almost impossible
>> > to mess up.

>> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley and its
>> freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

> And your 'recommendation' added what?
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thanks, am collecting info then will look at them all... might be what santa
brings me..

Lee

"Gene" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 15:56:46 -0500, "Stormmmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>well i have read enough to think i want an electric smoker. i don't have
>>the guts to deal with gas or charcoal so i am interested in
>>reccomendations.
>>
>>requirements are that it be as knob oreinted as possible, i can mark knobs
>>and switches but can't use digitial displays,
>>
>>thanks for any help you can offer, Lee
>>

> Smoke Hollow. Affordable, easy to put together and to operate. Well
> insulated too.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> *banging on computer box*
>
> hey nick my screen reader is messing up again,,, it skipped a
> recommendation...

[ . . . ]

LMAO

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

and now i will never hear it... he got blocked during my hitting the
comnputer, Lee

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> *banging on computer box*
>>
>> hey nick my screen reader is messing up again,,, it skipped a
>> recommendation...

> [ . . . ]
>
> LMAO
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:33:27 -0500, "Stormmee"
> wrote:

>are you jealous he knows about higher end equipment... he gave me an answer,
>i said nothing about cost i asked about best.. now when my cheap bone kicks
>in i might ask another question,

Lee, they're talking about "Un-Yawn" who hasn't made any constructive
post. Nonny recommended the Bradley, and UnYawn chose to badmouth
both Nonny and the Bradley.

My suggestion -- try the Brinkmann electric. I can't say for sure
about knobs, but as inexpensive as it is, I expect it has knobs.

It's just under $94 at Amazon; a slightly different one is $70 at Home
Depot's website. Don't see any knobs--they both may be of the
"plugged in and therefore on or unplugged and off" type with no
adjustments. Simple, anyway.

--
-denny-

Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
--David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans

Know the signs!
http://www.heartinfo.org/ms/guides/9/main.html
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hi denny,

I got it was the yawn troll who wsn't constructive... noni is my hero...

thanks for the reccomendation... i like plug in is on un plug is off, meets
my mechanical ablity, Lee

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:33:27 -0500, "Stormmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>are you jealous he knows about higher end equipment... he gave me an
>>answer,
>>i said nothing about cost i asked about best.. now when my cheap bone
>>kicks
>>in i might ask another question,

> Lee, they're talking about "Un-Yawn" who hasn't made any constructive
> post. Nonny recommended the Bradley, and UnYawn chose to badmouth
> both Nonny and the Bradley.
>
> My suggestion -- try the Brinkmann electric. I can't say for sure
> about knobs, but as inexpensive as it is, I expect it has knobs.
>
> It's just under $94 at Amazon; a slightly different one is $70 at Home
> Depot's website. Don't see any knobs--they both may be of the
> "plugged in and therefore on or unplugged and off" type with no
> adjustments. Simple, anyway.
>
> --
> -denny-
>
> Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
> an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
> --David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans
>
> Know the signs!
> http://www.heartinfo.org/ms/guides/9/main.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmmee" > wrote in message
> well i have read enough to think i want an electric smoker. i don't have
> the guts to deal with gas or charcoal so i am interested in
> reccomendations.
>
> requirements are that it be as knob oreinted as possible, i can mark knobs
> and switches but can't use digitial displays,
>
> thanks for any help you can offer, Lee

I too would recommend a Bradley. I've had mine for several years now and
absolutely love it. Buying the wooden pucks for it isn't any more expensive
than buying charcoal/lump/wood/pellets, etc... for any other smoker. And
also keep in mind that it isn't as expensive as most would lead you to
believe. First of all, you don't necessarily need to apply smoke the whole
time when using a Bradley. Say for example, you are doing a brisket that
will take 12-15 hrs. I typically apply smoke for the first 4-6 hours, and
then after that just heat. The Bradley basically functions as a smoker
and/or oven. There is no reason to apply smoke for the full 15 hours
anyway.

The other thing I really like about the Bradley is it's ability to cold
smoke too. I love smoked cheese and the Bradley is perfect for the job.

Unfortunately, if you are looking for a Bradley, you just missed a great
sale. Back in July, Cabelas was selling the Bradley Original for $204.
That's about half of what some places charge for this unit.

good luck,
Matt

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Matt wrote:

> The other thing I really like about the Bradley is it's ability to cold
> smoke too. I love smoked cheese and the Bradley is perfect for the job.

It's the best cold smoking unit available for the money. The next
best available choice cost several times more. It's even cheaper
when you opt for just the smoke generator and build the rest
yourself.

Makes the whole "puck" problem worth the trouble.

Now it's too bad only you, me and about 4 other people
in the world give a darn about cold smoking

--
Reg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thank you so much, i am in no hurry to get it, i will wait for a reasonable
price whatever we decide on as DH is not much on smoked so i anticipate
occasional use only, Lee

"Matt" > wrote in message
> "Stormmmee" > wrote in message
>> well i have read enough to think i want an electric smoker. i don't have
>> the guts to deal with gas or charcoal so i am interested in
>> reccomendations.
>>
>> requirements are that it be as knob oreinted as possible, i can mark
>> knobs and switches but can't use digitial displays,
>>
>> thanks for any help you can offer, Lee
>>

> I too would recommend a Bradley. I've had mine for several years now and
> absolutely love it. Buying the wooden pucks for it isn't any more
> expensive than buying charcoal/lump/wood/pellets, etc... for any other
> smoker. And also keep in mind that it isn't as expensive as most would
> lead you to believe. First of all, you don't necessarily need to apply
> smoke the whole time when using a Bradley. Say for example, you are
> doing a brisket that will take 12-15 hrs. I typically apply smoke for
> the first 4-6 hours, and then after that just heat. The Bradley basically
> functions as a smoker and/or oven. There is no reason to apply smoke for
> the full 15 hours anyway.
>
> The other thing I really like about the Bradley is it's ability to cold
> smoke too. I love smoked cheese and the Bradley is perfect for the job.
>
> Unfortunately, if you are looking for a Bradley, you just missed a great
> sale. Back in July, Cabelas was selling the Bradley Original for $204.
> That's about half of what some places charge for this unit.
>
> good luck,
> Matt

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

smoked cheese is a very interesting concept to me... i might start another
thread on that, thanks lee,

"RegForte" > wrote in message
> Matt wrote:
>

>> The other thing I really like about the Bradley is it's ability to cold
>> smoke too. I love smoked cheese and the Bradley is perfect for the job.

> It's the best cold smoking unit available for the money. The next
> best available choice cost several times more. It's even cheaper
> when you opt for just the smoke generator and build the rest
> yourself.
>
> Makes the whole "puck" problem worth the trouble.
>
> Now it's too bad only you, me and about 4 other people
> in the world give a darn about cold smoking
>
> --
> Reg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Un-Yawn" > wrote in message

> "Nonny" > wrote in message
>> The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The
>> temperature control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a
>> slider instead of a knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty
>> simple and almost impossible to mess up.
>>
>> - - Nonny

> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley
> and its freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

This type of person is yet another reason Internet should not be
supplied to public housing, asylums or places politicians gather,
such as bars.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:45:59 -0700, Kent Billeau wrote:

> "Un-Yawn" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nonny" > wrote in message
>>> The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The
>>> temperature control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a
>>> slider instead of a knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty
>>> simple and almost impossible to mess up.
>>>
>>> - - Nonny

>> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley
>> and its freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

> This type of person is yet another reason Internet should not be
> supplied to public housing, asylums or places politicians gather,
> such as bars.

Anybody remember capital BOB? I think he's gone the same route as
Kev.. thou who shall not be named.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:58:03 -0700, RegForte > wrote:

>Matt wrote:
>

>> The other thing I really like about the Bradley is it's ability to cold
>> smoke too. I love smoked cheese and the Bradley is perfect for the job.

>It's the best cold smoking unit available for the money. The next
>best available choice cost several times more. It's even cheaper
>when you opt for just the smoke generator and build the rest
>yourself.
>
>Makes the whole "puck" problem worth the trouble.
>
>Now it's too bad only you, me and about 4 other people
>in the world give a darn about cold smoking

Oh, I'm more likely to favor cold smoking over hot, if I ever opted to
start smoking ;-).

(I love smoked cheese, for one!)

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>"Un-Yawn" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nonny" > wrote in message
>>> The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The
>>> temperature control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a
>>> slider instead of a knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty
>>> simple and almost impossible to mess up.
>>>
>>> - - Nonny

>> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley
>> and its freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

>This type of person is yet another reason Internet should not be
>supplied to public housing, asylums or places politicians gather,
>such as bars.

Hey, now watch what you say about bars!!!

--
-denny-

Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
--David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans

Know the signs!
http://www.heartinfo.org/ms/guides/9/main.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> "Kent Billeau" wrote:

>>> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley
>>> and its freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

>> This type of person is yet another reason Internet should not be
>> supplied to public housing, asylums or places politicians gather,
>> such as bars.

> Hey, now watch what you say about bars!!!

Yea, especially grizzly bars!!

I use the CookShack lazy-Q, it takes regular chunks of wood.
Which is good because that's what the pecan trees produce.

--
DougW
Technology allows fewer idiots to do the work of many.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in
message ...
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:45:59 -0700, "Kent Billeau"
> >
> wrote:

>>> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit
>>> Bradley
>>> and its freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

>>This type of person is yet another reason Internet should not be
>>supplied to public housing, asylums or places politicians
>>gather,
>>such as bars.

> Hey, now watch what you say about bars!!!

Sorry, Denny. Politicians are merely a very undesirable subset of
the many good people who frequent bars. <grin>

--
Nonny

Government is the great fiction
through which everybody endeavors
to live at the expense of everybody else.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

, this is too funny to me right now, I have a seriously ill cat who hasn't
used that part of his litter box for a few days... won't bore you with the
details, but as i was reading this he decided to go... he is in a
sequsetiring cage on the dining room table... and just as i was reading, he
went, i gagged and two of the other cats ran from the room, my little one
hissed as she left, Lee

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> Un-Yawn said:

>>> The Bradley would be great for visually impaired folk. The
>>> temperature control, as I recall, on the standard model uses a
>>> slider instead of a knob. Likewise, the puck feed is pretty simple
>>> and almost impossible to mess up.
>>>
>>> - - Nonny

>> You sound like a ****ing SPAMMER for that piece-of-shit Bradley and
>> its freaking EXPENSIVE pucks. Puck you, nonny-mouse.

> You sorta remind of of how once in a while the cat gets to scratching too
> much in the litter box, and a turd gets tossed over the side.
>
> Nonny is a valuable and respected member of this group, while you're just
> random odd cat turd that needs disposal.
>
> Observe:
>
> <plonk>

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

DougW wrote:
> Denny Wheeler wrote:
>> "Kent Billeau" wrote:
>>> "Un-Yawn" wrote...

>>> This type of person is yet another reason Internet should not be
>>> supplied to public housing, asylums or places politicians gather,
>>> such as bars.

>> Hey, now watch what you say about bars!!!

> Yea, especially grizzly bars!!
>
> I use the CookShack lazy-Q, it takes regular chunks of wood.
> Which is good because that's what the pecan trees produce.

Cookshack does make a good line of products for those who want an electric
smoker.
--
Dave

Electric smokers Pico Rico[_2_] Barbecue 18 31-03-2012 07:59 PM
electric smokers [email protected][_2_] Barbecue 2 17-09-2009 08:57 PM
electric smokers Duwop[_2_] Barbecue 0 17-09-2009 02:46 PM
Electric Smokers? Tom Lange Barbecue 9 17-04-2006 07:48 PM
Electric "Smokers" Creamy Goodness Barbecue 30 12-07-2004 10:57 PM