FoodBanter.com

-   -   indoor smoking (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/176759-indoor-smoking.html)

Stormmee 10-09-2009 09:11 PM

indoor smoking

on another group i read a poster mentioned a stovetop smoker in which she
smoked a chicken... i have never heard of an indoor smoker let alone one
that goes on the top of the stove. My questions are.
1. have any of you seen/used such a thing?
2. did you like it?
3. if so can you tell me how you would use this and avoid your enitre house
smelling and getting smoke stains on everything,

Lee

Brick[_3_] 10-09-2009 11:00 PM

indoor smoking

On 10-Sep-2009, "Stormmee" wrote:

on another group i read a poster mentioned a stovetop smoker in which she

smoked a chicken... i have never heard of an indoor smoker let alone one
that goes on the top of the stove. My questions are.
1. have any of you seen/used such a thing?
2. did you like it?
3. if so can you tell me how you would use this and avoid your enitre
house
smelling and getting smoke stains on everything,

Lee

They use them on Food Network fairly often. The smoke is pretty well
contained inside the smoker appliance.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

Nick Cramer 10-09-2009 11:15 PM

indoor smoking

"Stormmee" wrote:
on another group i read a poster mentioned a stovetop smoker in which she
smoked a chicken... i have never heard of an indoor smoker let alone one
that goes on the top of the stove. My questions are.
1. have any of you seen/used such a thing?
2. did you like it?
3. if so can you tell me how you would use this and avoid your enitre
house smelling and getting smoke stains on everything,

I've seen them used on Iron Chef America, Emeril and others on Food
Network. Amazon carries them:

http://www.amazon.com/Cameron-Cookwa...ker/dp/B00004S
Z9D

Several other models and mfrs available.

TinyURL isn't working for me today.

If you use a nice hardwood for smoke (not too much), you're house will get
a nice Colonial smell!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Sqwertz 11-09-2009 03:36 AM

indoor smoking