FoodBanter.com

-   -   indoor smoking (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/176759-indoor-smoking.html)

Stormmee 10-09-2009 09:11 PM

indoor smoking

on another group i read a poster mentioned a stovetop smoker in which she
smoked a chicken... i have never heard of an indoor smoker let alone one
that goes on the top of the stove. My questions are.
1. have any of you seen/used such a thing?
2. did you like it?
3. if so can you tell me how you would use this and avoid your enitre house
smelling and getting smoke stains on everything,

Lee

Brick[_3_] 10-09-2009 11:00 PM

indoor smoking

On 10-Sep-2009, "Stormmee" > wrote:

> on another group i read a poster mentioned a stovetop smoker in which she
>
> smoked a chicken... i have never heard of an indoor smoker let alone one
> that goes on the top of the stove. My questions are.
> 1. have any of you seen/used such a thing?
> 2. did you like it?
> 3. if so can you tell me how you would use this and avoid your enitre
> house
> smelling and getting smoke stains on everything,
>
> Lee

They use them on Food Network fairly often. The smoke is pretty well
contained inside the smoker appliance.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

Nick Cramer 10-09-2009 11:15 PM

indoor smoking

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> on another group i read a poster mentioned a stovetop smoker in which she
> smoked a chicken... i have never heard of an indoor smoker let alone one
> that goes on the top of the stove. My questions are.
> 1. have any of you seen/used such a thing?
> 2. did you like it?
> 3. if so can you tell me how you would use this and avoid your enitre
> house smelling and getting smoke stains on everything,

I've seen them used on Iron Chef America, Emeril and others on Food
Network. Amazon carries them:

http://www.amazon.com/Cameron-Cookwa...ker/dp/B00004S
Z9D

Several other models and mfrs available.

TinyURL isn't working for me today.

If you use a nice hardwood for smoke (not too much), you're house will get
a nice Colonial smell!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Stormmee 10-09-2009 11:15 PM

indoor smoking