Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Poll on Barbecued Baby Back Ribs

I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back ribs. I
thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to question your
thoughts on the following about grilling baby back ribs. All the below
suggests we're using the round 22" Weber with indirect heat. However all
thoughts using any cooking apparatus will be appreciated.

1. Do you rub with anything in addition to salt and pepper?
2. Do you use any commercial "rubs"?
3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
thoughts about painting?
4. How long do you rub and paint before the meat goes onto the grill?
5. Do you indirectly heat with coals on both sides or one side?
6. What's the best temp to cook the ribs? 215F to ????
7. Do you cook the ribs over a water pan, or with dry heat? I'm
particularly interested in consensus about this with a bullet smoker,
though that's not what I'm doing today.
8. Do you ever wrap in foil for the last 30-60"?
9 If so do you foil routinely or because you have to when things get
too dry? I know this has been beaten up recently.
10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?

Thanks so much, and a happy holiday to all,

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Theron" > wrote:
> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back ribs.
> I thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to question your
> thoughts on the following about grilling baby back ribs. All the below
> suggests we're using the round 22" Weber with indirect heat. However all
> thoughts using any cooking apparatus will be appreciated.
>
> 1. Do you rub with anything in addition to salt and pepper?

For three 3lb racks of spare (not baby back) ribs:

⅓ cup black pepper, ground
¼ cup paprika
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs salt
2 Tbs chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder

> 2. Do you use any commercial "rubs"?

No.

> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
> thoughts about painting?

I paint with CYM to hold the rub on.

> 4. How long do you rub and paint before the meat goes onto the
> grill?

The night before, mix up the rub and apply ½ of it evenly over the ribs.
Put them in a plastic bag in the 'fridge overnight.

The next morning, take them out, pat them down with the remaining rub and
let them come to room temperature while you get the smoker up to 200 -
220° F.

5. Do you indirectly heat with coals on both sides or one side?

I use a New Braunfels offset smoker; firebox on on side, smoke box on the
other.

6. What's the best temp to cook the ribs? 215F to ????

I do as above. Temp measured at the grate, not the dome.

> 7. Do you cook the ribs over a water pan, or with dry heat? I'm
> particularly interested in consensus about this with a bullet smoker,
> though that's not what I'm doing today.

Dry.

> 8. Do you ever wrap in foil for the last 30-60"?
> 9 If so do you foil routinely or because you have to when things
> get too dry? I know this has been beaten up recently.

No. When the slabs are ready, the meat will bend easily between the ribs.
Let them rest around 10 minutes before slicing them into individual ribs.
Serve with sauce on the side.

> 10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?

Beer!!! Drink it while you prep, cook and eat!!!

> Thanks so much, and a happy holiday to all,

Thanks, Ed. Have fun and a great party.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Sky Sky is offline

Theron wrote:

> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back ribs. I
> thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to question your
> thoughts on the following about grilling baby back ribs. All the below
> suggests we're using the round 22" Weber with indirect heat. However all
> thoughts using any cooking apparatus will be appreciated.
>
> 1. Do you rub with anything in addition to salt and pepper?

Guy's Seasoning

> 2. Do you use any commercial "rubs"?

see above Guy's Seasoning

> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
> thoughts about painting?

Never heard of that before! Sounds interesting - might have to give that
a try

> 4. How long do you rub and paint before the meat goes onto the grill?

Just depends whether planned ahead or impulse cooking

> 5. Do you indirectly heat with coals on both sides or one side?

Usually one side

> 6. What's the best temp to cook the ribs? 215F to ????

Temp? I'm supposed to regulate the temperature with a gauge??? <G>

> 7. Do you cook the ribs over a water pan, or with dry heat? I'm
> particularly interested in consensus about this with a bullet smoker,
> though that's not what I'm doing today.

I don't.

> 8. Do you ever wrap in foil for the last 30-60"?

Nope, never have yet.

> 9 If so do you foil routinely or because you have to when things get
> too dry? I know this has been beaten up recently.

See above

> 10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?

Dunno, the rest of the menu maybe???? What about the beverages

> Thanks so much, and a happy holiday to all,
>
> Ed

I enjoyed this survey Thanks.

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Theron" > wrote:
> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back ribs.
> I thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to question your
> thoughts on the following about grilling baby back ribs. All the below
> suggests we're using the round 22" Weber with indirect heat. However all
> thoughts using any cooking apparatus will be appreciated.
>
> 1. Do you rub with anything in addition to salt and pepper?

For three 3lb racks of spare (not baby back) ribs:

1/3 cup black pepper, ground
¼ cup paprika
2 Tbs sugar
1 Tbs salt
2 Tbs chili powder
2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder

> 2. Do you use any commercial "rubs"?

No.

> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
> thoughts about painting?

I paint with CYM to hold the rub on.

> 4. How long do you rub and paint before the meat goes onto the
> grill?

The night before, mix up the rub and apply ½ of it evenly over the ribs.
Put them in a plastic bag in the 'fridge overnight.

The next morning, take them out, pat them down with the remaining rub and
let them come to room temperature while you get the smoker up to 200 -
220° F.

5. Do you indirectly heat with coals on both sides or one side?

I use a New Braunfels offset smoker; firebox on on side, smoke box on the
other.

6. What's the best temp to cook the ribs? 215F to ????

I do as above. Temp measured at the grate, not the dome.

> 7. Do you cook the ribs over a water pan, or with dry heat? I'm
> particularly interested in consensus about this with a bullet smoker,
> though that's not what I'm doing today.

Dry.

> 8. Do you ever wrap in foil for the last 30-60"?
> 9 If so do you foil routinely or because you have to when things
> get too dry? I know this has been beaten up recently.

No. When the slabs are ready, the meat will bend easily between the ribs.
Let them rest around 10 minutes before slicing them into individual ribs.
Serve with sauce on the side.

> 10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?

Beer!!! Drink it while you prep, cook and eat!!!

> Thanks so much, and a happy holiday to all,

Thanks, Ed. Have fun and a great party.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron said

> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back
> ribs. I thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to
> question your thoughts on the following about grilling baby back
> ribs. All the below suggests we're using the round 22" Weber with
> indirect heat. However all thoughts using any cooking apparatus will
> be appreciated.

My WSM suits me fine.

> 1. Do you rub with anything in addition to salt and pepper?

Yes, witches brew of spices, dry rub, garlic powder, onion powder,
chili powder, cayanne pepper, sugar, salt, a few more that don't come
to mind.

> 2. Do you use any commercial "rubs"?

Never, but my brother in law just turned me onto a Laurey(sp?) Lemon
Pepper sauce on a poor loin. Might have to try it sometime.

> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning.
> Any thoughts about painting?
> 4. How long do you rub and paint before the meat goes onto the
> grill?
> 5.Do you indirectly heat with coals on both sides or one side?

I never turn them at all, on my WSM.

> What's the best temp to cook the ribs? 215F to

I smoke mine at ~225, assuming I get control of the smoker

> 7. Do you cook the ribs over a water pan, or with dry heat?
> I'm particularly interested in consensus about this with a
> bullet smoker, though that's not what I'm doing today.

In my WSM, I use the water pan.

> 8. Do you ever wrap in foil for the last 30-60"?

Never

> 9. If so do you foil routinely or because you have to when
> things get too dry? I know this has been beaten up recently.

> 10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?

Not much from here, you sure are making my mouth water though! ;-)

--
Better living through smoking.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Theron" > wrote in message

> 1. Do you rub with anything in addition to salt and pepper?

A little garlic powder

> 2. Do you use any commercial "rubs"?

I've tried them. Some are better than others, none have been so good that
I'd buy it a second time. Experiment a little and do some taste comparisons
until you find what suits you.

> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
> thoughts about painting?

Yellow mustard to hold the rub on.

> 4. How long do you rub and paint before the meat goes onto the
> grill?

Anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple of hours. Depend son when I think of
it.

> 5. Do you indirectly heat with coals on both sides or one side?

Indirect

> 6. What's the best temp to cook the ribs? 215F to ????

250 to 275

> 7. Do you cook the ribs over a water pan, or with dry heat? I'm
> particularly interested in consensus about this with a bullet smoker,
> though that's not what I'm doing today.

I'd use the water pan, even if it had sand in it.

> 8. Do you ever wrap in foil for the last 30-60"?

NO. Foil has no business near bbq.

>> 10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?

Beer. Make some cole slaw

> Thanks so much, and a happy holiday to all,

Same to you. Nice weather here today and I did two butts and country ribs.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:41:19 -0700, Theron wrote:

> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back ribs. I
> thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to question your
> thoughts on the following about grilling baby back ribs. All the below
> suggests we're using the round 22" Weber with indirect heat. However all
> thoughts using any cooking apparatus will be appreciated.
>
> 1. Do you rub with anything in addition to salt and pepper?
> 2. Do you use any commercial "rubs"?
> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
> thoughts about painting?
> 4. How long do you rub and paint before the meat goes onto the grill?
> 5. Do you indirectly heat with coals on both sides or one side?
> 6. What's the best temp to cook the ribs? 215F to ????
> 7. Do you cook the ribs over a water pan, or with dry heat? I'm
> particularly interested in consensus about this with a bullet smoker,
> though that's not what I'm doing today.
> 8. Do you ever wrap in foil for the last 30-60"?
> 9 If so do you foil routinely or because you have to when things get
> too dry? I know this has been beaten up recently.
> 10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?

How long have you been reading AFB, Kent? If it's senility, then
just say so. If it's just plain stupidity, then we already knew
that.

This is all ABF 101, stuff you've seen and has been discussed here
plenty of times over the last decade.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:

>> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
>> thoughts about painting?

> I paint with CYM to hold the rub on.

What's CYM?

>> 10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?

> Beer!!! Drink it while you prep, cook and eat!!!

LOL, agreed!
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In ,
ViLco >spewed forth:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>
>>> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
>>> thoughts about painting?

>> I paint with CYM to hold the rub on.

> What's CYM?

common yelow mustard

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"ViLco" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

[]
> > I paint with CYM to hold the rub on.

> What's CYM?

Cheap Yellow Mustard.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:
> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back
> ribs. I thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to
> question your thoughts on the following about grilling baby back
> ribs.

You forgot #11: I never bother with/ do not like baby back ribs.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Theron wrote:
>> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back
>> ribs. I thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to
>> question your thoughts on the following about grilling baby back
>> ribs.

> You forgot #11: I never bother with/ do not like baby back ribs.

Dave - What's wrong with baby backs as a something to smoke/eat? I
myself prefer spares, but still I wouldn't be "not nice" to someone that
prefers the baby backs. I'd just not respond/post.

I would have participated in his questionnaire, but I never use baby
backs myself.

Even if he's doing them on the grill, to me that's okay to call it Q,
since he's doing them indirect, low heat, and adding wood for the
smoking process.

Where's the BBQ love?

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 07:53:56 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:

> Dave - What's wrong with baby backs as a something to smoke/eat? I
> myself prefer spares, but still I wouldn't be "not nice" to someone that
> prefers the baby backs. I'd just not respond/post.
>
> I would have participated in his questionnaire, but I never use baby
> backs myself.

So you agree with Dave.

> Even if he's doing them on the grill, to me that's okay to call it Q,
> since he's doing them indirect, low heat, and adding wood for the
> smoking process.
>
> Where's the BBQ love?

He just stated his preference, which mimics mine. I haven't done
babybacks since ... a long time ago.

If you really wanted to start a fight (you really are being petty,
you know), you should have chosen my post to attack instead. Lets
go duke it out in alt.test or RFC.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 07:14:25 GMT, ViLco wrote:

> Nick Cramer wrote:
>>
>> I paint with CYM to hold the rub on.

> What's CYM?

Classic Yellow Mustard

Or

Creamy Yellow Mustard

And don't let anybody tell you different.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Swertz wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 07:53:56 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:
>
>> Dave - What's wrong with baby backs as a something to smoke/eat? I
>> myself prefer spares, but still I wouldn't be "not nice" to someone that
>> prefers the baby backs. I'd just not respond/post.
>>
>> I would have participated in his questionnaire, but I never use baby
>> backs myself.

> So you agree with Dave.
>
>> Even if he's doing them on the grill, to me that's okay to call it Q,
>> since he's doing them indirect, low heat, and adding wood for the
>> smoking process.
>>
>> Where's the BBQ love?

> He just stated his preference, which mimics mine. I haven't done
> babybacks since ... a long time ago.
>
> If you really wanted to start a fight (you really are being petty,
> you know), you should have chosen my post to attack instead. Lets
> go duke it out in alt.test or RFC.
>
> -sw

Talk about petty Steve.

I didn't say boo about disagreeing with Dave. I said I did not
understand his position.

He did not state his preference. He was negative about the questionnaire.

In your case, you seem to be spoiling for a juvenile argument.

Why don't you go find a low class bar/dive where pretty much anyone can
kick your butt. I'm not interested as I have more adult communication to
have with more adult like people.

Drop back below the bridge troll.

Bob

Bob

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Swertz" > wrote in message

> He just stated his preference, which mimics mine. I haven't done
> babybacks since ... a long time ago.

I do them every couple of years. The price of them for 95% bone is out of
sight. Same with chicken wings. I remember buying them for 5¢ a pound and
last week they were 1.99 so I passed on them.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:09:09 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:

> I didn't say boo about disagreeing with Dave. I said I did not
> understand his position.

You implied that he was "not nice".

Yes. You did.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 10:02:04 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> "Swertz" > wrote in message
>>
>> He just stated his preference, which mimics mine. I haven't done
>> babybacks since ... a long time ago.

> I do them every couple of years. The price of them for 95% bone is out of
> sight. Same with chicken wings. I remember buying them for 5¢ a pound and
> last week they were 1.99 so I passed on them.

I saw some the other day that were incredibly meaty. I *almost*
bought some at $2.99. One rack weighed over 4lbs. And they were
not injected nor did they have fake meat formed over the top of the
ribs (I actually bought some of those once - I think I posted about
them here back in 2000 or 2001)

Yep. Here it is:

<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.food.barbecue/browse_frm/thread/20e038f5a9b13ecb/50f119ba5dc2cc63?hl=en&q=thrombin+group:alt.food.b arbecue#50f119ba5dc2cc63>

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:09:09 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:
>
>> I didn't say boo about disagreeing with Dave. I said I did not
>> understand his position.

> You implied that he was "not nice".
>
> Yes. You did.
>
> -sw

Yes I did. Not nice = Add a question that implies I don't give a flip
about your questionnaire. The polite, would have been to just ignore it
if you don't like it. And with that, I will now ignore you on this
thread. Please let the rest of ABF get on with their business. You are
also showing disrespect with thread-jacking Theron's thread about BBQ.

You should still return below the troll bridge.

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 10:36:12 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 09:09:09 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:
>>
>>> I didn't say boo about disagreeing with Dave. I said I did not
>>> understand his position.

>> You implied that he was "not nice".
>>
>> Yes. You did.
>>
>> -sw

> Yes I did. Not nice = Add a question that implies I don't give a flip
> about your questionnaire. The polite, would have been to just ignore it
> if you don't like it. And with that, I will now ignore you on this
> thread. Please let the rest of ABF get on with their business. You are
> also showing disrespect with thread-jacking Theron's thread about BBQ.

(Like I could really give a shit about Kent (AKA "Ed"))

> You should still return below the troll bridge.

You're doing an excellent job of whipping us into shape, Bob. Keep
up the good work!

-sw (who's off to join my carnivorous friends under the bridge for
the rest of the day)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Theron" > wrote in message
> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back ribs.
> I thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to question your
> thoughts on the following about grilling baby back ribs. All the below
> suggests we're using the round 22" Weber with indirect heat. However all
> thoughts using any cooking apparatus will be appreciated.
>
> 1. Do you rub with anything in addition to salt and pepper?
> 2. Do you use any commercial "rubs"?
> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
> thoughts about painting?
> 4. How long do you rub and paint before the meat goes onto the
> grill?
> 5. Do you indirectly heat with coals on both sides or one side?
> 6. What's the best temp to cook the ribs? 215F to ????
> 7. Do you cook the ribs over a water pan, or with dry heat? I'm
> particularly interested in consensus about this with a bullet smoker,
> though that's not what I'm doing today.
> 8. Do you ever wrap in foil for the last 30-60"?
> 9 If so do you foil routinely or because you have to when things
> get too dry? I know this has been beaten up recently.
> 10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?
>
> Thanks so much, and a happy holiday to all,
>
> Ed

I don't cook no baby backs
Big Jim

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bob Muncie wrote:
> Dave Bugg wrote:
>> Theron wrote:
>>> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back
>>> ribs. I thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to
>>> question your thoughts on the following about grilling baby back
>>> ribs.

>> You forgot #11: I never bother with/ do not like baby back ribs.

> Dave - What's wrong with baby backs as a something to smoke/eat? I
> myself prefer spares, but still I wouldn't be "not nice" to someone
> that prefers the baby backs. I'd just not respond/post.

**** you, Muncie; go lecture some Girl Scouts. I've had it up to "here" with
your pink-panty waisted, pussy-assed, tipping-through-the-tulips,
politically correct contortions about what 'nice' is. There was NOTHING
wrong with my post. Period.

Sheesh, I shoulda just stayed outta the pile-on that was happening to you
when you first came on to post, you whining weenie. The guys were right to
have at you; I was wrong to step in and try to smooth things over. I've had
a 'Saul gets hit by the bright light on his way to Tarsus' moment and you,
trying to lecture me made the scales drop from my eyes.

You hit the wrong nerve, Bubba.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bob Muncie wrote:

A continuing blog on Asshat-edness.

Want to play NG monitor, then go form your own group. Sqwertz ain't going
anywhere, Asshat.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:41:19 -0700, Theron wrote:
>
>> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back ribs.
>> thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to question your
>> thoughts on the following about grilling baby back ribs. All the below
>> suggests we're using the round 22" Weber with indirect heat. However all
>> thoughts using any cooking apparatus will be appreciated.
>>
>> 1. Do you rub with anything in addition to salt and pepper?
>> 2. Do you use any commercial "rubs"?
>> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
>> thoughts about painting?
>> 4. How long do you rub and paint before the meat goes onto the
>> grill?
>> 5. Do you indirectly heat with coals on both sides or one side?
>> 6. What's the best temp to cook the ribs? 215F to ????
>> 7. Do you cook the ribs over a water pan, or with dry heat? I'm
>> particularly interested in consensus about this with a bullet smoker,
>> though that's not what I'm doing today.
>> 8. Do you ever wrap in foil for the last 30-60"?
>> 9 If so do you foil routinely or because you have to when things
>> get
>> too dry? I know this has been beaten up recently.
>> 10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?

> How long have you been reading AFB, Kent? If it's senility, then
> just say so. If it's just plain stupidity, then we already knew
> that.
>
> This is all ABF 101, stuff you've seen and has been discussed here
> plenty of times over the last decade.
>
> -sw

One of the great things about this and other NGs is knowing "Whadya doing
now??". What are you doing differently with que, grilling, and smoke that
you didn't do last time. It's OK to ask the fundamental questions now and
then. The earnest replies above underline that. Cooking, including outdoor
cooking, is an ongoing evolutionary event. That's why cooking is exciting.
Each time I make boeuf bourguignon. , cassoulet, charcroute garni, or ribs
it's a bit different, and hopefully better than the last time. The great
cookbook authors and chefs, including Julia Child, Marcella Hazan, Richard
Olney, and Michael Field operated the same way.

Hope this helps,

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Bob Muncie wrote:
>
> A continuing blog on Asshat-edness.
>
> Want to play NG monitor, then go form your own group. Sqwertz ain't going
> anywhere, Asshat.

Think what you will. You were rude.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Bob Muncie wrote:
>> Dave Bugg wrote:
>>> You forgot #11: I never bother with/ do not like baby back ribs.

>> Dave - What's wrong with baby backs as a something to smoke/eat? I
>> myself prefer spares, but still I wouldn't be "not nice" to someone
>> that prefers the baby backs. I'd just not respond/post.

> **** you, Muncie; go lecture some Girl Scouts. I've had it up to "here" with
> your pink-panty waisted, pussy-assed, tipping-through-the-tulips,
> politically correct contortions about what 'nice' is. There was NOTHING
> wrong with my post. Period.
>
> Sheesh, I shoulda just stayed outta the pile-on that was happening to you
> when you first came on to post, you whining weenie. The guys were right to
> have at you; I was wrong to step in and try to smooth things over. I've had
> a 'Saul gets hit by the bright light on his way to Tarsus' moment and you,
> trying to lecture me made the scales drop from my eyes.
>
> You hit the wrong nerve, Bubba.

I guess I should be shaking about now... right? If you hadn't been rude
for no reason, I would have not said anything... would I?

Bubba?

Well, whatever. This is Usenet, and you are entitled to bu a rude git,
if that is how you want to be known.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bob Muncie wrote:

> I guess I should be shaking about now... right?

Why? Is your tertiary syphyillis kicking in?

> If you hadn't been
> rude for no reason, I would have not said anything... would I?

Yes you would, because your are a self-aggrandizing, self-righteous,
mother-****ing puke. You don't get to decide who is rude, bubba; you don't
have the credentials. BTW, if you considered my humor to be rude, then you
also consider the same comment by Big Jim rude, right? Go
ahead-shit-fer-brains, tell Jim that he was rude.

I shoulda guessed that you would be confused, ****-face.

> Well, whatever. This is Usenet, and you are entitled to bu a rude git,
> if that is how you want to be known.

Oooooh, that REALLLLLY hurt. I've been known here for far longer than you,
am known by a lot of folks on this NG in real life, and have been involved
with bbq in a way that you could only hope to be. You, ****-waddle, are a
posseur who hides behind a politcally-correct, snot-sniffing facade that
replaces any semblance of a life.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Bob Muncie wrote:
>
>> I guess I should be shaking about now... right?

> Why? Is your tertiary syphyillis kicking in?
>
>> If you hadn't been
>> rude for no reason, I would have not said anything... would I?

> Yes you would, because your are a self-aggrandizing, self-righteous,
> mother-****ing puke. You don't get to decide who is rude, bubba; you don't
> have the credentials. BTW, if you considered my humor to be rude, then you
> also consider the same comment by Big Jim rude, right? Go
> ahead-shit-fer-brains, tell Jim that he was rude.
>
>> Bubba?

> I shoulda guessed that you would be confused, ****-face.
>
>> Well, whatever. This is Usenet, and you are entitled to bu a rude git,
>> if that is how you want to be known.

> Oooooh, that REALLLLLY hurt. I've been known here for far longer than you,
> am known by a lot of folks on this NG in real life, and have been involved
> with bbq in a way that you could only hope to be. You, ****-waddle, are a
> posseur who hides behind a politcally-correct, snot-sniffing facade that
> replaces any semblance of a life.

How about your head is so big, it's likely you can't pull it out of your
anus?

All I did was point out you did a rude thing. Can't you just man-up and
admit it?

This ain't got squat to do with BBQ, and at the conclusion of this post,
by all means email and I'll respond. But you will be in the KF so the
others here won't have to listen to you rant like a two year old.

Thanks, and BTW, if you continue to be prolifically profane, don't
bother to email either. I won't respond to an unbalanced mind.

Sorry group.

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bob Muncie wrote:

> How about your head is so big, it's likely you can't pull it out of
> your anus?

So now you're an anus expert. Figgers. What an Asshat.

> All I did was point out you did a rude thing. Can't you just man-up
> and admit it?

There was no 'rude thing', anus-licker. It was a joke. You are like one of
those nanny politically correct morons who look so hard for a race issue
that EVERYTHING they see is a race issue. You are just a different version
of that type of race-bitch, so focused on finding those who violate your
sense of manners that you see rudeness where none exist. The only 'man-up'
that needs to be done is for you to apologize for a mistake that you made in
attempting to lecture me. Of course manning up is impossible for Muncie The
Eunich.

> This ain't got squat to do with BBQ, and at the conclusion of this
> post, by all means email and I'll respond. But you will be in the KF
> so the others here won't have to listen to you rant like a two year
> old.

You are one stupid ******!!!! Sorry, ****-face, you don't get to make the
rules about where or when I post. Your kill-file doesn't keep me from
posting here and being seen. It only keeps YOU from seein me. Of course I
will still see you and will keep responding to your posts.

> Thanks, and BTW, if you continue to be prolifically profane, don't
> bother to email either. I won't respond to an unbalanced mind.

Why would I email a sorry bitch like you? You have anything to say, you say
it here not on email. You started this shit. If you don't want to respond to
an unbalanced mind, then you need to quit talking to yourself ***-sucker.

> Sorry group.

Where do you get off calling this group "sorry"? The only sorry thing around
these parts is you. BTW, did you tell Big Jim he was rude for his reply to
the "questionnaire"? Of course not. You're a ball-less freak.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bob Muncie wrote:

> Sorry group.

I hereby nominate you for the 2009 ~patches~ award.

I fuggin knew this was coming. I could tell by your first
few posts.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Classic Yellow Mustard
>
> Or
>
> Creamy Yellow Mustard
>

> And don't let anybody tell you different.
>
> -sw

You guys are cheap, classic and common.

Craig
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Craig Watts wrote:
>> Classic Yellow Mustard
>>
>> Or
>>
>> Creamy Yellow Mustard
>>

>> And don't let anybody tell you different.
>>
>> -sw

> You guys are cheap, classic and common.

It makes it easier to find replacement parts when we wear out. ;-)

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

RegForte wrote:
> Bob Muncie wrote:
>

>> Sorry group.

> I hereby nominate you for the 2009 ~patches~ award.
>
> I fuggin knew this was coming. I could tell by your first
> few posts.

I guess all I can say is, thank-you.

I point out somewhat politely some one was rude, and now I'm the ass.

Well, somehow that makes perfect sense, now doesn't it?

Doesn't it?

Considering two long timers (Steve and Doug) have decided to act
inappropriate, I am the bag guy, right?

Well, if that's the way you choose to be, so be it.

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 7-Sep-2009, "Big Jim" > wrote:

> "Theron" > wrote in message
> > I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back
> > ribs.
> > I thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to question
> > your
> > thoughts on the following about grilling baby back ribs.

.. . .

> I don't cook no baby backs
> Big Jim

I don't cook not baby backs too!

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bob Muncie wrote:

> RegForte wrote:
>
>> Bob Muncie wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry group.

>> I hereby nominate you for the 2009 ~patches~ award.
>>
>> I fuggin knew this was coming. I could tell by your first
>> few posts.

> I guess all I can say is, thank-you.
>
> I point out somewhat politely some one was rude, and now I'm the ass.
>
> Well, somehow that makes perfect sense, now doesn't it?
>
> Doesn't it?
>
> Considering two long timers (Steve and Doug) have decided to act
> inappropriate, I am the bag guy, right?
>
> Well, if that's the way you choose to be, so be it.

You just can't seem to overcome yourself.

Part of the ~patches~ syndrome is an utter inability to adapt
and learn from experience. You should have paid attention to
the heart-felt, bro-to-bro advice I sent your way awhile
back in rfc.

What are you some kind of self-appointed counselor or
something? A bunch of posts from you today telling people
what to say, inserting yourself into situations.

Shut the **** up already.

Many posts later, you're still the one-armed guy rowing
in a circle.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

RegForte wrote:
> Bob Muncie wrote:
>
>> RegForte wrote:

>>> I hereby nominate you for the 2009 ~patches~ award.
>>>
>>> I fuggin knew this was coming. I could tell by your first
>>> few posts.

>> I guess all I can say is, thank-you.
>>
>> I point out somewhat politely some one was rude, and now I'm the ass.
>>
>> Well, somehow that makes perfect sense, now doesn't it?
>>
>> Doesn't it?
>>
>> Considering two long timers (Steve and Doug) have decided to act
>> inappropriate, I am the bag guy, right?
>>
>> Well, if that's the way you choose to be, so be it.

> You just can't seem to overcome yourself.
>
> Part of the ~patches~ syndrome is an utter inability to adapt
> and learn from experience. You should have paid attention to
> the heart-felt, bro-to-bro advice I sent your way awhile
> back in rfc.
>
> What are you some kind of self-appointed counselor or
> something? A bunch of posts from you today telling people
> what to say, inserting yourself into situations.
>
> Shut the **** up already.
>
> Many posts later, you're still the one-armed guy rowing
> in a circle.

Patches? You really need to evaluate your words before flinging them out
across the internet.

I need to shut up? Pot! meet kettle.

Did your opinion really need to be shared at this point? What exactly
did I do to kick you into gear? I could be derogatory at this point, but
you notice I haven't. How about just staying on point with BBQ posts?

Here you are being rude and profane. Would you talk this way to your
next door neighbor?

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Big Jim wrote:
> "Theron" > wrote in message
>> I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back ribs.
>> I thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to question your
>> thoughts on the following about grilling baby back ribs. All the below
>> suggests we're using the round 22" Weber with indirect heat. However all
>> thoughts using any cooking apparatus will be appreciated.
>>
>> 1. Do you rub with anything in addition to salt and pepper?
>> 2. Do you use any commercial "rubs"?
>> 3. I paint with half strength cider vinegar before seasoning. Any
>> thoughts about painting?
>> 4. How long do you rub and paint before the meat goes onto the
>> grill?
>> 5. Do you indirectly heat with coals on both sides or one side?
>> 6. What's the best temp to cook the ribs? 215F to ????
>> 7. Do you cook the ribs over a water pan, or with dry heat? I'm
>> particularly interested in consensus about this with a bullet smoker,
>> though that's not what I'm doing today.
>> 8. Do you ever wrap in foil for the last 30-60"?
>> 9 If so do you foil routinely or because you have to when things
>> get too dry? I know this has been beaten up recently.
>> 10. What have I forgotten and what should I do about it?
>>
>> Thanks so much, and a happy holiday to all,
>>
>> Ed
>>

> I don't cook no baby backs
> Big Jim

So you are the other long term guy I'm supposed to be rude to... Well,
"keep smoking dude" (note a funny here). I'm not going to be rude to
you, until you are to me.

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 7-Sep-2009, Bob Muncie > wrote:

> Dave Bugg wrote:
> > Bob Muncie wrote:
> >
> >> I guess I should be shaking about now... right?

> > Why? Is your tertiary syphyillis kicking in?
> >
> >> If you hadn't been
> >> rude for no reason, I would have not said anything... would I?

> > Yes you would, because your are a self-aggrandizing, self-righteous,
> > mother-****ing puke. You don't get to decide who is rude, bubba; you
> > don't
> > have the credentials. BTW, if you considered my humor to be rude, then
> > you
> > also consider the same comment by Big Jim rude, right? Go
> > ahead-shit-fer-brains, tell Jim that he was rude.
> >
> >> Bubba?

> > I shoulda guessed that you would be confused, ****-face.
> >
> >> Well, whatever. This is Usenet, and you are entitled to bu a rude git,
> >> if that is how you want to be known.

> > Oooooh, that REALLLLLY hurt. I've been known here for far longer than
> > you,
> > am known by a lot of folks on this NG in real life, and have been
> > involved
> > with bbq in a way that you could only hope to be. You, ****-waddle, are
> > posseur who hides behind a politcally-correct, snot-sniffing facade
> > that
> > replaces any semblance of a life.

> How about your head is so big, it's likely you can't pull it out of your
> anus?
>
> All I did was point out you did a rude thing. Can't you just man-up and
> admit it?
>
> This ain't got squat to do with BBQ, and at the conclusion of this post,
> by all means email and I'll respond. But you will be in the KF so the
> others here won't have to listen to you rant like a two year old.
>
> Thanks, and BTW, if you continue to be prolifically profane, don't
> bother to email either. I won't respond to an unbalanced mind.
>
> Sorry group.
>
> Bob

Shame on the both of you for carrying on a nonsensical unproductive
rant leaving the rest of us to waste our time deleting trash.

But, that said. It may amaze you Bob to find out that nobody gives
a flying fart how many people prefer one type of BBQ or one type
of rub. Furthermore, I/we have no interest in categorizing BBQ,
ingredients or procedures. We each have our own equipment
procured to support our individual desires and lifestyles. While
we enjoy sharing processes, procedures, ingredients and equipment
acquisitions with our friends here, we really couldn't care less how
our equipment or procedures rate with someone else's.

Some folks like baby backs. Some don't mess with them. That's
the way it is. I for one will not pay double and triple the price for
the same percentage of bone.

At least three of our current posters have served BBQ professionally.
That is, they made a living at it. Their observations and opinions are
valued, but not automatically employed.

So, let me reiterate; notbody is interested in rating methods, procedures
ingredients. We f lat don't care what the mulititude might think is the
ultimate BBQ. We each have out own particular audience to please.

If you insist on carrying on about who insulted who, so be it. This
is usenet. And you are abusing it.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)

Brick said that.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Brick" > wrote:
> On 7-Sep-2009, "Big Jim" > wrote:
> > "Theron" > wrote in message

> > > I'm ready to head to the breezeway and start on a rack of baby back
> > > ribs.
> > > I thought it be interesting and helpful to we NG readers to question
> > > your
> > > thoughts on the following about grilling baby back ribs.

> > I don't cook no baby backs
> > Big Jim

> I don't cook not baby backs too!

Me neither, except when Jun used to buy them. She now buys spares.

What a stupid thing to start a flame war over. LOL

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:
> On 7-Sep-2009, Bob Muncie > wrote:
>
>> Dave Bugg wrote:

>>> Why? Is your tertiary syphyillis kicking in?

>>> Yes you would, because your are a self-aggrandizing, self-righteous,
>>> mother-****ing puke. You don't get to decide who is rude, bubba; you
>>> don't
>>> have the credentials. BTW, if you considered my humor to be rude, then
>>> you
>>> also consider the same comment by Big Jim rude, right? Go
>>> ahead-shit-fer-brains, tell Jim that he was rude.

>>> I shoulda guessed that you would be confused, ****-face.

>>> Oooooh, that REALLLLLY hurt. I've been known here for far longer than
>>> you,
>>> am known by a lot of folks on this NG in real life, and have been
>>> involved
>>> with bbq in a way that you could only hope to be. You, ****-waddle, are
>>> posseur who hides behind a politcally-correct, snot-sniffing facade
>>> that
>>> replaces any semblance of a life.

>> How about your head is so big, it's likely you can't pull it out of your
>> anus?
>>
>> All I did was point out you did a rude thing. Can't you just man-up and
>> admit it?
>>
>> This ain't got squat to do with BBQ, and at the conclusion of this post,
>> by all means email and I'll respond. But you will be in the KF so the
>> others here won't have to listen to you rant like a two year old.
>>
>> Thanks, and BTW, if you continue to be prolifically profane, don't
>> bother to email either. I won't respond to an unbalanced mind.
>>
>> Sorry group.
>>
>> Bob

> Shame on the both of you for carrying on a nonsensical unproductive
> rant leaving the rest of us to waste our time deleting trash.
>
> But, that said. It may amaze you Bob to find out that nobody gives
> a flying fart how many people prefer one type of BBQ or one type
> of rub. Furthermore, I/we have no interest in categorizing BBQ,
> ingredients or procedures. We each have our own equipment
> procured to support our individual desires and lifestyles. While
> we enjoy sharing processes, procedures, ingredients and equipment
> acquisitions with our friends here, we really couldn't care less how
> our equipment or procedures rate with someone else's.
>
> Some folks like baby backs. Some don't mess with them. That's
> the way it is. I for one will not pay double and triple the price for
> the same percentage of bone.
>
> At least three of our current posters have served BBQ professionally.
> That is, they made a living at it. Their observations and opinions are
> valued, but not automatically employed.
>
> So, let me reiterate; notbody is interested in rating methods, procedures
> ingredients. We f lat don't care what the mulititude might think is the
> ultimate BBQ. We each have out own particular audience to please.
>
> If you insist on carrying on about who insulted who, so be it. This
> is usenet. And you are abusing it.

Thanks Brick.

I agree with 90% of what you said. I took exception with someone being
rude to someone else's survey. The smart thing would have been to back
away from the keyboard.

I agree that was "my bad".

Would it surprise you for me to say, I'd rather just see on topic posts?

Sorry to have offended anyone here, to include the three that chose to
be rude to me on a personal level.

I'd rather just be a good usenet community person. I also happen to like
BBQ. Grilling also when I have the appropriate piece of meat.

Again, thanks Brick.

I was being reactive when the better choice would have been to stay off
the keyboard.

But I do draw the line at you saying I'm being abusive. I should have
kept my trap shut when someone else was rude, but I still do not regret
my response. I abused nothing other than having responded where silence
would have served better. I was not a profane or abusive poster. That
rests with the other three.

Bob