Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Brisket opinions

Desideria > wrote:

> >> Did you mean to say "that's enough"? ;-)
> >> (and it's spelled 'grazie', if you're interested. )

> >LOL, what a funny conversation

> Vilco, I'm quite afraid to ask why you find it funny. I may not like
> the answer! <g>

Villi is not to be feared, but appreciated!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Desideria wrote:

>> LOL, what a funny conversation

> Vilco, I'm quite afraid to ask why you find it funny. I may not like
> the answer! <g>

Because of the way you write italian words
But they make sense, really, I can undesrtand what you mean. Gratzi is
wonderful, lol, as many sicilian words used by Nick.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:

>> Vilco, I'm quite afraid to ask why you find it funny. I may not like
>> the answer! <g>

> Villi is not to be feared, but appreciated!

Many thanks, Nick, you're a gentleman
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza
qualcosa da bere a portata di mano

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:01:49 GMT, "ViLco" > wrote:

>Desideria wrote:
>
>>> LOL, what a funny conversation

>> Vilco, I'm quite afraid to ask why you find it funny. I may not like
>> the answer! <g>

>Because of the way you write italian words
>But they make sense, really, I can undesrtand what you mean. Gratzi is
>wonderful, lol, as many sicilian words used by Nick.

Grazie, bello!

I'm glad that I keep you amused, Vilco! But I need to ask you, Vilco
and Nick, how *does* a person with almost no Italian read and post on
the 'cucina' Italian Usenet group?

Seems to me that it would be hard to do unless I could get the posts
translated first.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Desideria > wrote:

> >> Vilco, I'm quite afraid to ask why you find it funny. I may not like
> >> the answer! <g>

> >Because of the way you write italian words
> >But they make sense, really, I can undesrtand what you mean. Gratzi is
> >wonderful, lol, as many sicilian words used by Nick.

> Grazie, bello!
>
> I'm glad that I keep you amused, Vilco! But I need to ask you, Vilco
> and Nick, how *does* a person with almost no Italian read and post on
> the 'cucina' Italian Usenet group?
>
> Seems to me that it would be hard to do unless I could get the posts
> translated first.

You keep me amused, too, Desi, but that's because of Denny. LOL

When I read a post about a dish that I've also made, or that sounds
interesting, I reply in English. I found that trying to translate my posts
and recipes using various dictionaries was an exercise in futility. I don't
have that many years left! If you post a good recipe, you'll get some good
replies. If it's REALLY good, someone might even translate it into Italian!
When they've done that for me, I've saved the translations. They're like
gold to me. You might get some occasional flak, but I've seen you around
for a while and know you can handle it in a demure and ladylike manner. ;-)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 17 Sep 2009 06:29:26 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Desideria > wrote:

>> >Because of the way you write italian words
>> >But they make sense, really, I can undesrtand what you mean. Gratzi is
>> >wonderful, lol, as many sicilian words used by Nick.

>> Grazie, bello!
>>
>> I'm glad that I keep you amused, Vilco! But I need to ask you, Vilco
>> and Nick, how *does* a person with almost no Italian read and post on
>> the 'cucina' Italian Usenet group?
>>
>> Seems to me that it would be hard to do unless I could get the posts
>> translated first.

>You keep me amused, too, Desi, but that's because of Denny. LOL
>
>When I read a post about a dish that I've also made, or that sounds
>interesting, I reply in English. I found that trying to translate my posts
>and recipes using various dictionaries was an exercise in futility. I don't
>have that many years left! If you post a good recipe, you'll get some good
>replies. If it's REALLY good, someone might even translate it into Italian!
>When they've done that for me, I've saved the translations. They're like
>gold to me. You might get some occasional flak, but I've seen you around
>for a while and know you can handle it in a demure and ladylike manner. ;-)

Heck, I won't even understand any flak, if it's in Italian! After all,
just about everything sounds wonderful in Italian. ;-)

Desideria

opinions please Storrmmee General Cooking 62 29-11-2011 10:03 AM
Opinions of RFC Pam[_3_] General Cooking 61 29-04-2009 04:32 PM
Need Opinions Bob Becker Winemaking 6 30-04-2007 08:46 PM
Brisket versus brisket Edwin Pawlowski Barbecue 6 06-08-2005 12:50 AM
Opinions? pater Winemaking 16 08-01-2005 01:57 AM