Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

Default Carolina Barbecue Sauce

This is from southern North West Carolina with an emphasis on the
eastern zone.

1 Quart of Ketchup
1 Quart of Water
put over low heat and reduce by half
When reduced, add a bottle of Frank's Lime Hot Sauce
Turn on the heat again, and reduce by half once again
Serve to the mayor and city council members on top of grilled sirloin
tip steaks cooked well
You can also slow smoke beef ankles for a few days and then baste them
in this sauce. But that is reserved for the Obama administration.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

donny wrote:
> This is from southern North West Carolina with an emphasis on the
> eastern zone.
>
> 1 Quart of Ketchup
> 1 Quart of Water
> put over low heat and reduce by half
> When reduced, add a bottle of Frank's Lime Hot Sauce
> Turn on the heat again, and reduce by half once again
> Serve to the mayor and city council members on top of grilled sirloin
> tip steaks cooked well
> You can also slow smoke beef ankles for a few days and then baste them
> in this sauce. But that is reserved for the Obama administration.

Did I mention the troll is also named Donny?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"donny" > wrote in message
> This is from southern North West Carolina with an emphasis on the
> eastern zone.
>
> 1 Quart of Ketchup
> 1 Quart of Water
> put over low heat and reduce by half

Huh? Why bother, you're back where you started.... I just knew those "North
West [sic] Carolina" hillybillys would be dumber than pig shit.

> When reduced, add a bottle of Frank's Lime Hot Sauce
> Turn on the heat again, and reduce by half once again
> Serve to the mayor and city council members on top of grilled sirloin
> tip steaks cooked well
> You can also slow smoke beef ankles for a few days and then baste them
> in this sauce. But that is reserved for the Obama administration.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 19, 5:54*pm, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> "donny" > wrote in message

> > This is from southern North West Carolina with an emphasis on the
> > eastern zone.

> > 1 Quart of Ketchup
> > 1 Quart of Water
> > put over low heat and reduce by half

> Huh? *Why bother, you're back where you started.... I just knew those "North
> West [sic] Carolina" hillybillys would be dumber than pig shit.

Oh. From now on I will consult you.

> > When reduced, add a bottle of Frank's Lime Hot Sauce
> > Turn on the heat again, and reduce by half once again
> > Serve to the mayor and city council members on top of grilled sirloin
> > tip steaks cooked well
> > You can also slow smoke beef ankles for a few days and then baste them
> > in this sauce. *But that is reserved for the Obama administration.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 19, 6:22*pm, "Nunya Bidnits" <NunyaBidn...@eternal-
september.invalid> wrote:
> brooklyn1 trollbait crossposted in order to humiliate himself in front of
> two NGs:
>
> >> 1 Quart of Ketchup
> >> 1 Quart of Water
> >> put over low heat and reduce by half

> > Huh? *Why bother, you're back where you started.... I just knew those
> > "North West [sic] Carolina" hillybillys would be dumber than pig shit.

> The Moronatron has landed and the gene pool has been compromised.
>
> <plonk>

You're rather eloquent for someone who suks.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> brooklyn1 trollbait crossposted in order to humiliate himself in
> front of two NGs:
>
>>> 1 Quart of Ketchup
>>> 1 Quart of Water
>>> put over low heat and reduce by half

>> Huh? Why bother, you're back where you started.... I just knew those
>> "North West [sic] Carolina" hillybillys would be dumber than pig
>> shit.

> The Moronatron has landed and the gene pool has been compromised.
>
> <plonk>

ROTFLOL!!! Cross-posting with RFC is dangerous. I wish whoever keeps doing
it would stop.

--
Dave

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"Bob Muncie" > wrote in message
> donny wrote:
>> This is from southern North West Carolina with an emphasis on the
>> eastern zone.

BULLSHIT! You have never been to NC, have you?
Eastern NC sauce has vinegar, black pepper, red pepper flakes, some cayenne
pepper, and just a tiny touch of sugar.

You add ketchup in the western part of the state.

"It's The Best Ye Ever Tasted"
http://www.scottsbarbecuesauce.com/

http://www.scottsbarbecuesauce.com/quotes.html

>> 1 Quart of Ketchup
>> 1 Quart of Water
>> put over low heat and reduce by half
>> When reduced, add a bottle of Frank's Lime Hot Sauce
>> Turn on the heat again, and reduce by half once again
>> Serve to the mayor and city council members on top of grilled sirloin
>> tip steaks cooked well
>> You can also slow smoke beef ankles for a few days and then baste them
>> in this sauce. But that is reserved for the Obama administration.
>>

> Did I mention the troll is also named Donny?

No, but I think you're right.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"donny" > wrote in message

> 1 Quart of Ketchup
> 1 Quart of Water
> put over low heat and reduce by half

Doesn't that just get you back to where you started?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.barbecue

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "donny" > wrote in message
>>
>> 1 Quart of Ketchup
>> 1 Quart of Water
>> put over low heat and reduce by half

> Doesn't that just get you back to where you started?

volume yes, flavor no.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 20, 9:47*am, "Nunya Bidnits" <NunyaBidn...@eternal-
september.invalid> wrote:
> Wallace said:
>
> > "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> m...

> >> Doesn't that just get you back to where you started?

> > volume yes, flavor no.

> People are setting a record here for crossposting the fact that they are not
> getting a stupid joke.

Ignorance speaks loudly and carries a foot in it's mouth.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> Wallace said:

>>> Doesn't that just get you back to where you started?

>> volume yes, flavor no.

> People are setting a record here for crossposting the fact that they are
> not
> getting a stupid joke.

yeah, well I don't get it. this group has hit the skids of late. Sad, it
is becoming useless.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 20, 3:42*pm, "Wallace" > wrote:

> yeah, well I don't get it. *this group has hit the skids of late. *Sad, it
> is becoming useless

And you've contributed so much over the years.......... <rollseyes>

What a loss eh?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Duwop" > wrote in message
On Aug 20, 3:42 pm, "Wallace" > wrote:

> yeah, well I don't get it. this group has hit the skids of late. Sad, it
> is becoming useless

And you've contributed so much over the years.......... <rollseyes>

What a loss eh?

I don't clutter up to degrade the usefulness of the group. That would be
step one. Other's haven't made that fundamental step. bye, dope!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 20, 4:20*pm, "Wallace" > wrote:

> I don't clutter up to degrade the usefulness of the group.

You don't think much of yourself do you?

Assuming you know how useless your posts would be I suppose we should
be grateful, so thanks for not contributing a lick there Wallace.
Keep up the good lack of work!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> Duwop said:
>> On Aug 20, 4:20 pm, "Wallace" > wrote:
>>
>>> I don't clutter up to degrade the usefulness of the group.

>> You don't think much of yourself do you?
>>
>> Assuming you know how useless your posts would be I suppose we should
>> be grateful, so thanks for not contributing a lick there Wallace.
>> Keep up the good lack of work!

I keep reading replies to poster to google this, google that, google is your
friend. So, what's wrong with lurking and learning?

> Wallace jumped into the thread replying to a crosspost. Apparently this
> dimbulb still doesn't realize I removed the crosspost to RFC Fustercluck
> in
> my reply to his post, and he's now bitching about RFC while completely
> clueless that he's only posting in AFB.
>
> MartyB in KC

no, I'm bitching about the deterioration of AFB. Hope it returns in its
previous glory.

signing off.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Wallace wrote:

> no, I'm bitching about the deterioration of AFB. Hope it returns in its
> previous glory.

I agree that it's a shell of it's former self. Not so much
for the (lack of) participants, though that's part of it, but
because basically bbq is a pretty simple subject. How many "I
cooked a butt today" threads can one read before you lose
interest and go elsewhere.

Contentwise, Q is a subject with relatively limited potential.
It dries up pretty quickly. That's one of the reasons I try
and discuss things like aging beef, cold smoking,
etc, whenever possible.

Out of curiosity, what's your idea of afb's peak period
and why?

Who knows, maybe the discussion will bring some life
back and inspire the revival of afb
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Wallace wrote:

> no, I'm bitching about the deterioration of AFB. Hope it returns in
> its previous glory.

Could you give us the latest date of said 'former glory'. Just as a
reference, dontcha know.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 20, 9:47*pm, "Wallace" > wrote:

> I keep reading replies to poster to google this, google that, google is your
> friend. *So, what's wrong with lurking and learning?

I guess everything does have to be spelled out.

Nothing is wrong with lurking, even if you grossly overstate the rate
of "google this, goodle that" replies to justify yourself.
Complaining about lack of content from someone who provides none,
well, that's worthy of comment. If you don't add or contribute, you
have no basis to complain as YOU are part of the problem you're
whining about aren't you?

Let me know if you're still hazy on this concept.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 21-Aug-2009, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Wallace wrote:
>
> > no, I'm bitching about the deterioration of AFB. Hope it returns in
> > its previous glory.

> Could you give us the latest date of said 'former glory'. Just as a
> reference, dontcha know.
>
> --
> Dave

Frankly, I can't see that AFB has changed all that much since I first
got here. Important changes have occurred due to the ultimate 'PLONK'
as in Jack Curry and Cuchulain Libby AKA 'Hound", but many are
still around. Contrary to 'not so popular' opinion, barbecue is more
then a narrow subject considering the regionality and vastly different
preparation techniques involved.

--
Brick said that.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Duwop" > wrote in message
On Aug 20, 9:47 pm, "Wallace" > wrote:

> I keep reading replies to poster to google this, google that, google is
> your
> friend. So, what's wrong with lurking and learning?

I guess everything does have to be spelled out.

Nothing is wrong with lurking, even if you grossly overstate the rate
of "google this, goodle that" replies to justify yourself.
Complaining about lack of content from someone who provides none,
well, that's worthy of comment. If you don't add or contribute, you
have no basis to complain as YOU are part of the problem you're
whining about aren't you?

I am not complaining abou the lack of useful contributions, I am complaing
about the multitude of foolish, nitpicky, backstabbing, gripe posts. That
is just clutter in the way of the useful contributions.

Let me know if you're still hazy on this concept.

not hazy at all, apparently you are.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:

> Frankly, I can't see that AFB has changed all that much since I first
> got here. Important changes have occurred due to the ultimate 'PLONK'
> as in Jack Curry and Cuchulain Libby AKA 'Hound", but many are
> still around. Contrary to 'not so popular' opinion, barbecue is more
> then a narrow subject considering the regionality and vastly different
> preparation techniques involved.

Funny that you would use that line of reasoning. BBQ does
have regional variation, but outside of a few major categories,
there's very little actual traffic here in pursuit of exploring
it.

When is the last time someone showed up here trying to perfect,
say, their Owensburg Mutton recipe? I haven't seen you spending
much time posting about obscure regional preparations. I've
never seen you post a recipe here that couldn't be found
in the food section of the CNN website. The same is true of
99% of the people who come through here.

So while that may be true in the abstract, it doesn't have
much bearing on the popularity of afb, or it's gradual decline.
Another example of theory coming up against the real world.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Wallace wrote:

> I am not complaining abou the lack of useful contributions, I am complaing
> about the multitude of foolish, nitpicky, backstabbing, gripe posts. That
> is just clutter in the way of the useful contributions.

If that's your criteria, it was much worse in years gone
by. Read through the archives.

A much higher percentage of the posts were sniping
and flaming. There were several flame threads that made
it into the mutil-hundred post range. There was far
more troll actitity, much (but not all) thanks to the
kibo people.

That's a sign. There's comparatively so little activity
here now the trolls don't even bother anymore.

So if your criteria is minimal conflict, afb is on
a long term improvement trend.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

one of the best things about bbq is that its all different and almost always
good, Lee

"Brick" > wrote in message
ster.com...

> On 21-Aug-2009, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>
>> Wallace wrote:
>>
>> > no, I'm bitching about the deterioration of AFB. Hope it returns in
>> > its previous glory.

>> Could you give us the latest date of said 'former glory'. Just as a
>> reference, dontcha know.
>>
>> --
>> Dave

> Frankly, I can't see that AFB has changed all that much since I first
> got here. Important changes have occurred due to the ultimate 'PLONK'
> as in Jack Curry and Cuchulain Libby AKA 'Hound", but many are
> still around. Contrary to 'not so popular' opinion, barbecue is more
> then a narrow subject considering the regionality and vastly different
> preparation techniques involved.
>
> --
> Brick said that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

it is very useful when just starting out because at first it seems
overwhelming, but by the time you read some sauce/rub recipes you can make
your own with an idea of portions and tastes, cuts of meat is also very
educational for the beginning bbq person, Lee

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> Brick said:

>>> Could you give us the latest date of said 'former glory'. Just as a
>>> reference, dontcha know.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dave

>> Frankly, I can't see that AFB has changed all that much since I first
>> got here. Important changes have occurred due to the ultimate 'PLONK'
>> as in Jack Curry and Cuchulain Libby AKA 'Hound", but many are
>> still around. Contrary to 'not so popular' opinion, barbecue is more
>> then a narrow subject considering the regionality and vastly different
>> preparation techniques involved.

> Well said.
>
> I'll add that I have seen lots of people say they learned a lot, if not
> everything, they know about barbecue in this forum. I've gained from it
> myself, immensely.
>
> MartyB in KC

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:29:03 -0700, RegForte wrote:

> When is the last time someone showed up here trying to perfect,
> say, their Owensburg Mutton recipe?

They're probably too busy perfecting their OwensBORO mutton instead!

:-)

-sw