Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Default Simple steak sauce

I was out of steak sauce one day. Usually I don't use it on cuts such
as sirloin, strip loin etc. But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. So what I did was mix equal
amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. Turned out pretty good.
Now I no longer purchase steak sauce but make my own. In addition I
add lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ground black pepper etc. It
works. I use a variation of this sauce for many things. I tried it
on back ribs and it was very good. The addition of fresh garlic
doesn't hurt. Note that this sauce is not cooked. I haven't tried it
cooked. Lemon pepper is also a good addition.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 9:58*am, "Well?" > wrote:
> I was out of steak sauce one day. *Usually I don't use it on cuts such
> as sirloin, strip loin etc. *But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
> steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. *So what I did was mix equal
> amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. *Turned out pretty good.

You are so full of shit.

--Bryan

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 11:22*am, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> On Aug 18, 9:58*am, "Well?" > wrote:
>
> > I was out of steak sauce one day. *Usually I don't use it on cuts such
> > as sirloin, strip loin etc. *But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
> > steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. *So what I did was mix equal
> > amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. *Turned out pretty good.

> You are so full of shit.
>
> --Bryan

So tell me how I am full of shit. Unless of course you can't which is
what it seems like. That would make you full of shit.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 10:58*am, "Well?" > wrote:
> I was out of steak sauce one day. *Usually I don't use it on cuts such
> as sirloin, strip loin etc. *But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
> steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. *So what I did was mix equal
> amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. *Turned out pretty good.
> Now I no longer purchase steak sauce but make my own. *In addition I
> add lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ground black pepper etc. *It
> works. *I use a variation of this sauce for many things. *I tried it
> on back ribs and it was very good. *The addition of fresh garlic
> doesn't hurt. *Note that this sauce is not cooked. *I haven't tried it
> cooked. *Lemon pepper is also a good addition.

Sounds good, I will try it, thanks!!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 10:34*am, "Bent Attorney Esq." >
wrote:
> On Aug 18, 11:22*am, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>
> > On Aug 18, 9:58*am, "Well?" > wrote:

> > > I was out of steak sauce one day. *Usually I don't use it on cuts such
> > > as sirloin, strip loin etc. *But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
> > > steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. *So what I did was mix equal
> > > amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. *Turned out pretty good.

> > You are so full of shit.

> > --Bryan

> So tell me how I am full of shit. *Unless of course you can't which is
> what it seems like. *That would make you full of shit.

You expect folks to believe that 50% ketchup and 50% worcestershire is
a "pretty good" steak sauce? You did better when nearly all your
posts were not food related.

--Bryan

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Aug 18, 11:22 am, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>
> > On Aug 18, 9:58 am, "Well?" > wrote:

> > > I was out of steak sauce one day. Usually I don't use it on cuts such
> > > as sirloin, strip loin etc. But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
> > > steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. So what I did was mix equal
> > > amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. Turned out pretty good.

> > You are so full of shit.

> > --Bryan

> So tell me how I am full of shit. Unless of course you can't which is
> what it seems like. That would make you full of shit.

You expect folks to believe that 50% ketchup and 50% worcestershire is
a "pretty good" steak sauce? You did better when nearly all your
posts were not food related.

Gotta agree, mixing those 50/50 is a waste of ketchup and worschestershire

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Aug 18, 7:58*am, "Well?" > wrote:
> I was out of steak sauce one day. *Usually I don't use it on cuts such
> as sirloin, strip loin etc. *But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
> steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. *So what I did was mix equal
> amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. *Turned out pretty good.
> Now I no longer purchase steak sauce but make my own. *In addition I
> add lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ground black pepper etc. *It
> works. *I use a variation of this sauce for many things. *I tried it
> on back ribs and it was very good. *The addition of fresh garlic
> doesn't hurt. *Note that this sauce is not cooked. *I haven't tried it
> cooked. *Lemon pepper is also a good addition.

A 50-50 mix of worcestershire and ketchup is my fake tonkatsu sauce.
Acceptable, can be doctored with additions such as you suggest. The
breaded cutlets are enhanced by this kind of sauce, to my taste. I
don't know about using it for steak, though, even in a steak
sandwich. -aem
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 12:11*pm, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

> On Aug 18, 10:34 am, "Bent Attorney Esq." >
> wrote:

> > > You are so full of shit.

> > > --Bryan

> > So tell me how I am full of shit. Unless of course you can't which is
> > what it seems like. That would make you full of shit.

> You expect folks to believe that 50% ketchup and 50% worcestershire is
> a "pretty good" steak sauce? *You did better when nearly all your
> posts were not food related.
>
> Gotta agree, mixing those 50/50 is a waste of ketchup and worschestershire

another asshole has spoken
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

we do something similar as we rarely use steak sauce, lee

"Well?" > wrote in message
>I was out of steak sauce one day. Usually I don't use it on cuts such
> as sirloin, strip loin etc. But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
> steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. So what I did was mix equal
> amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. Turned out pretty good.
> Now I no longer purchase steak sauce but make my own. In addition I
> add lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ground black pepper etc. It
> works. I use a variation of this sauce for many things. I tried it
> on back ribs and it was very good. The addition of fresh garlic
> doesn't hurt. Note that this sauce is not cooked. I haven't tried it
> cooked. Lemon pepper is also a good addition.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:22:38 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Aug 18, 9:58*am, "Well?" > wrote:
>> I was out of steak sauce one day. *Usually I don't use it on cuts such
>> as sirloin, strip loin etc. *But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
>> steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. *So what I did was mix equal
>> amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. *Turned out pretty good.

> You are so full of shit.

Uh-oh. Boo Boo and Bo Bo are fighting. Watch out, because here
comes Fee Fie Foe Fum to come and kick BOTH your asses.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 9:45*pm, "Stormmmee" > wrote:
> we do something similar as we rarely use steak sauce, lee
>
> "Well?" > wrote in message

> >I was out of steak sauce one day. *Usually I don't use it on cuts such
> > as sirloin, strip loin etc. *But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
> > steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. *So what I did was mix equal
> > amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. *Turned out pretty good.
> > Now I no longer purchase steak sauce but make my own. *In addition I
> > add lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ground black pepper etc. *It
> > works. *I use a variation of this sauce for many things. *I tried it
> > on back ribs and it was very good. *The addition of fresh garlic
> > doesn't hurt. *Note that this sauce is not cooked. *I haven't tried it
> > cooked. *Lemon pepper is also a good addition.

You "mix equal amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce," and put
that on steak?

--Bryan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

not exactly but similar. we mix 2 parts heinze, one part w sauce, a couple
tbsp real horse radish and what ever seasonings we are in the mood for. we
usually do this for chicken sands or something breaded, but we don't have it
often as breaded things are now few and far in between servings here now.
Lee

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
On Aug 18, 9:45 pm, "Stormmmee" > wrote:
> we do something similar as we rarely use steak sauce, lee
>
> "Well?" > wrote in message

> >I was out of steak sauce one day. Usually I don't use it on cuts such
> > as sirloin, strip loin etc. But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
> > steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. So what I did was mix equal
> > amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. Turned out pretty good.
> > Now I no longer purchase steak sauce but make my own. In addition I
> > add lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ground black pepper etc. It
> > works. I use a variation of this sauce for many things. I tried it
> > on back ribs and it was very good. The addition of fresh garlic
> > doesn't hurt. Note that this sauce is not cooked. I haven't tried it
> > cooked. Lemon pepper is also a good addition.

You "mix equal amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce," and put
that on steak?

--Bryan

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:22:38 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
>
> > On Aug 18, 9:58*am, "Well?" > wrote:
> >> I was out of steak sauce one day.

> > You are so full of shit.

> Uh-oh. Boo Boo and Bo Bo are fighting. Watch out, because here
> comes Fee Fie Foe Fum to come and kick BOTH your asses.

Steve made me laugh.

Brian

--
Day 198 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:18:16 -0700 (PDT), aem wrote:

> On Aug 18, 7:58*am, "Well?" > wrote:
>> I was out of steak sauce one day. *Usually I don't use it on cuts such
>> as sirloin, strip loin etc. *But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
>> steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. *So what I did was mix equal
>> amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. *Turned out pretty good.
>> Now I no longer purchase steak sauce but make my own. *In addition I
>> add lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ground black pepper etc. *It
>> works. *I use a variation of this sauce for many things. *I tried it
>> on back ribs and it was very good. *The addition of fresh garlic
>> doesn't hurt. *Note that this sauce is not cooked. *I haven't tried it
>> cooked. *Lemon pepper is also a good addition.

> A 50-50 mix of worcestershire and ketchup is my fake tonkatsu sauce.
> Acceptable, can be doctored with additions such as you suggest. The
> breaded cutlets are enhanced by this kind of sauce, to my taste. I
> don't know about using it for steak, though, even in a steak
> sandwich. -aem

most of the tonkatsu sauce i've had had a noticeable sweetness to it -
sweeter than ketchup.

your pal,
blake
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Default User wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> You are so full of shit.

>> Uh-oh. Boo Boo and Bo Bo are fighting. Watch out, because here
>> comes Fee Fie Foe Fum to come and kick BOTH your asses.

> Steve made me laugh.
>

> Brian

LOL is my only adage....

Bob :-)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 12:11*pm, "brooklyn1" > wrote:
> "Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message

> On Aug 18, 10:34 am, "Bent Attorney Esq." >
> wrote:

> > > You are so full of shit.

> > > --Bryan

> > So tell me how I am full of shit. Unless of course you can't which is
> > what it seems like. That would make you full of shit.

> You expect folks to believe that 50% ketchup and 50% worcestershire is
> a "pretty good" steak sauce? *You did better when nearly all your
> posts were not food related.
>
> Gotta agree, mixing those 50/50 is a waste of ketchup and worschestershire

You're a waste of ketchup and wurster.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 7:41*am, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> On Aug 18, 9:45*pm, "Stormmmee" > wrote:
>

> > we do something similar as we rarely use steak sauce, lee

> > "Well?" > wrote in message

> > >I was out of steak sauce one day. *Usually I don't use it on cuts such
> > > as sirloin, strip loin etc. *But this time I had some cheaper sandwich
> > > steaks and wanted a steak sandwich. *So what I did was mix equal
> > > amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce. *Turned out pretty good.
> > > Now I no longer purchase steak sauce but make my own. *In addition I
> > > add lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ground black pepper etc. *It
> > > works. *I use a variation of this sauce for many things. *I tried it
> > > on back ribs and it was very good. *The addition of fresh garlic
> > > doesn't hurt. *Note that this sauce is not cooked. *I haven't tried it
> > > cooked. *Lemon pepper is also a good addition.

> You "mix equal amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce," and put
> that on steak?
>
> --Bryan

What do you think steak sauce is you moron?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:
> On Aug 19, 7:41 am, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>> On Aug 18, 9:45 pm, "Stormmmee" > wrote:
>>

>>> we do something similar as we rarely use steak sauce, lee

>> You "mix equal amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce," and put
>> that on steak?
>>
>> --Bryan

> What do you think steak sauce is you moron?

Bryan - Why are you responding to this troll (and not a very good one)?

KF him already. I assume he/she is working off the stress that starting
a new semester brings.

If anything, he/she should get with it's peers to learn how to troll
better. And maybe next semester (5th grade?) It could do a better job.

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 4:40*pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
> Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:

> >> You "mix equal amounts of ketchup and worcestershire sauce," and put
> >> that on steak?

> >> --Bryan

> > What do you think steak sauce is you moron?

> Bryan - Why are you responding to this troll (and not a very good one)?
>
> KF him already. I assume he/she is working off the stress that starting
> a new semester brings.
>
> If anything, he/she should get with it's peers to learn how to troll
> better. And maybe next semester (5th grade?) It could do a better job.
>
> Bob

Anything and anyone you disagree with is a troll eh? You can't stand
that I can create something wonderful out of two easily procurred
ingredients so you need to spout venom out of your reptilian mouf?
Good. At least I've brought you down to the level of primordial goop.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:40:10 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:

> Bryan - Why are you responding to this troll (and not a very good one)?

Who's the troll? BAE, Lee, or Boo Boo?

I think Boo Boo and BAE are on the right track. This is pretty much
how all steak and most BBQ sauces start out. Water, Tomato paste,
Vinegar, Worchestershire, HFCS... I can probably dig up 20 brands
that start with four of those first five ingredients.

Whether you need "steak sauce" or not is a different troll.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Bobo wrote:

> You expect folks to believe that 50% ketchup and 50% worcestershire is a
> "pretty good" steak sauce? You did better when nearly all your posts were
> not food related.

The barbecue sauce I made for beef ribs on Memorial Day had a
startlingly-high amount of Worcestershire sauce, and I had misgivings about
making it according to the recipe. But it turned out quite well. (It also
featured coffee, and I was nervous about *that*, too. It's an
"Oakland-style" sauce.)

Bob

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

would you share the recipe? it sounds, um, interesting, Lee
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> Bobo wrote:
>
>> You expect folks to believe that 50% ketchup and 50% worcestershire is a
>> "pretty good" steak sauce? You did better when nearly all your posts
>> were not food related.

> The barbecue sauce I made for beef ribs on Memorial Day had a
> startlingly-high amount of Worcestershire sauce, and I had misgivings
> about making it according to the recipe. But it turned out quite well. (It
> also featured coffee, and I was nervous about *that*, too. It's an
> "Oakland-style" sauce.)
>
> Bob

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Stormmmee wrote about Oakland-style barbecue sauce:

> would you share the recipe? it sounds, um, interesting, Lee

If I can remember when I get home in eight-and-a-half hours, sure.

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:40:10 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:
>
>> Bryan - Why are you responding to this troll (and not a very good one)?

> Who's the troll? BAE, Lee, or Boo Boo?
>
> I think Boo Boo and BAE are on the right track. This is pretty much
> how all steak and most BBQ sauces start out. Water, Tomato paste,
> Vinegar, Worchestershire, HFCS... I can probably dig up 20 brands
> that start with four of those first five ingredients.
>
> Whether you need "steak sauce" or not is a different troll.
>
> -sw

BAE.

If I needed to point that out, I guess I failed in my earlier posts.

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

thanks, Lee

"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote in message
> Stormmmee wrote about Oakland-style barbecue sauce:
>
>> would you share the recipe? it sounds, um, interesting, Lee

> If I can remember when I get home in eight-and-a-half hours, sure.
>
> Bob

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 01:51:10 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:40:10 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:
>>
>>> Bryan - Why are you responding to this troll (and not a very good one)?

>> Who's the troll? BAE, Lee, or Boo Boo?
>>
>> BAE.

> If I needed to point that out, I guess I failed in my earlier posts.

I asked because as far as I can tell, Bryan (Bobo) never responded
to BAE. Somewhere along the lines the attributions got mixed up.
And when you add a top-poster to the mix, then it gets royally
****ed up.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 01:51:10 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Who's the troll? BAE, Lee, or Boo Boo?
>>>
>>> BAE.

>> If I needed to point that out, I guess I failed in my earlier posts.

> I asked because as far as I can tell, Bryan (Bobo) never responded
> to BAE. Somewhere along the lines the attributions got mixed up.
> And when you add a top-poster to the mix, then it gets royally
> ****ed up.
>
> -sw

You are right. Bryan didn't respond to the troll. I did.

Sorry for the confusion. It didn't help that this thread was posted to
both AFB and RFC (a different "well?" thread is there).

I also wont be responding to the troll again. (in KF now).

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 10:20*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:40:10 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:
> > Bryan - Why are you responding to this troll (and not a very good one)?

> Who's the troll? *BAE, Lee, or Boo Boo?
>
> I think Boo Boo and BAE are on the right track. *This is pretty much
> how all steak and most BBQ sauces start out. *Water, Tomato paste,
> Vinegar, Worchestershire, HFCS... *I can probably dig up 20 brands
> that start with four of those first five ingredients.

Let's see? A-1 has no Worchestershi
http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/A-...auce/000051234
Neither does Crystal. (bottle in my fridge)
Same for WalMart's Great Value:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/vid...ak.html?cat=22
Fire Brand? Nope:
http://www.firebrandsauce.com/steak-sauce.html
Tobasco Brand doesn't have any Worchestershire either:
http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/Ta...auce/000002821
Heinz HP Sauce? None:
http://www.brownsauce.org/2007/06/06...s-perspective/

Twenty, eh? You can start digging any time.

> Whether you need "steak sauce" or not is a different troll.
>
> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 19, 11:57*pm, "Bob Terwilliger" >
wrote:
> Bobo wrote:
> > You expect folks to believe that 50% ketchup and 50% worcestershire is a
> > "pretty good" steak sauce? *You did better when nearly all your posts were
> > not food related.

> The barbecue sauce I made for beef ribs on Memorial Day had a
> startlingly-high amount of Worcestershire sauce, and I had misgivings about
> making it according to the recipe. But it turned out quite well. (It also
> featured coffee, and I was nervous about *that*, too. It's an
> "Oakland-style" sauce.)

I would have left to get fast food.

> Bob

--Bryan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Bobo wrote:

>> The barbecue sauce I made for beef ribs on Memorial Day had a
>> startlingly-high amount of Worcestershire sauce, and I had misgivings
>> about making it according to the recipe. But it turned out quite well.
>> (It also featured coffee, and I was nervous about *that*, too. It's an
>> "Oakland-style" sauce.)

> I would have left to get fast food.

*shrug*

Your loss.

Bob

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Stormmmee wrote (I undid top-posting, which causes crabs):

>> The barbecue sauce I made for beef ribs on Memorial Day had a
>> startlingly-high amount of Worcestershire sauce, and I had misgivings
>> about making it according to the recipe. But it turned out quite well.
>> (It also featured coffee, and I was nervous about *that*, too. It's an
>> "Oakland-style" sauce.)

> would you share the recipe? it sounds, um, interesting, Lee

Here it is:

Oakland-Style Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients:
2 cups chopped onions
1 cup strong black coffee
1 cup ketchup
1 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup hot chili peppers, minced
3 tablespoons chili powder
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons salt

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer for about half an
hour. Let cool. Pour into a blender and puree until smooth. Store in a glass
container in the refrigerator.

(Note the equal proportions of ketchup, coffee and Worcestershire sauce.
Weird, huh? But as I said, it turned out well.)

Bob

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On 2009-08-20, Bob Terwilliger > wrote:

> Weird, huh? But as I said, it turned out well.)

I have no doubts at all, Bob. Coffee and Worcestershire sauce are
naturals, together. In fact, I don't consider a bbq sauce a good bbq
sauce unless it has both.

One of the first bbq sauces I ever made was from a Marlboro promo
flyer with allegedly authentic recipes from Old West cattle drives,
supposedly actual recipes used by the chuckwagon cooks of the period.
Most were pretty simple, a chuckwagon not exactly Penzey's. One
recipe was called Old Black Joe and used to baste cuts of beef on the
campfire. This is it, to the best of my recollection:

1 C cowboy coffee
1 T Worcestershire sauce

Howzat fer a basic sauce?

To be honest, it wasn't all that great. OTOH, it put coffee and WS
solidly in my sauce/cooking repertoire. I use 'em both for sauces,
beans, etc. I even started keeping a little jar of Tasters Choice
instant coffee in the cupboard. A very convenient way to add a little
coffee flavoring to any dish. I'm never without the two.

.....and thanks for the recipe. I've saved it for future use.

nb

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:17:07 -0700 (PDT), Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:

> On Aug 19, 4:40*pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:
>>
>> Bryan - Why are you responding to this troll (and not a very good one)?
>>
>> KF him already. I assume he/she is working off the stress that starting
>> a new semester brings.
>>
>> If anything, he/she should get with it's peers to learn how to troll
>> better. And maybe next semester (5th grade?) It could do a better job.
>>
>> Bob

> Anything and anyone you disagree with is a troll eh? You can't stand
> that I can create something wonderful out of two easily procurred
> ingredients so you need to spout venom out of your reptilian mouf?
> Good. At least I've brought you down to the level of primordial goop.

it's a common error, mistaking a garden-variety dick for a troll. that's
what happened here.

blake
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 20, 11:24*am, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 15:17:07 -0700 (PDT), Bent Attorney Esq. wrote:
> > On Aug 19, 4:40*pm, Bob Muncie > wrote:

> >> Bryan - Why are you responding to this troll (and not a very good one)?

> >> KF him already. I assume he/she is working off the stress that starting
> >> a new semester brings.

> >> If anything, he/she should get with it's peers to learn how to troll
> >> better. And maybe next semester (5th grade?) It could do a better job.

> >> Bob

> > Anything and anyone you disagree with is a troll eh? *You can't stand
> > that I can create something wonderful out of two easily procurred
> > ingredients so you need to spout venom out of your reptilian mouf?
> > Good. *At least I've brought you down to the level of primordial goop..

> it's a common error, mistaking a garden-variety dick for a troll. *that's
> what happened here.
>
> blake

So now I've been elevated to the status of 'garden-variety dick'?
That makes me feel so much better.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 06:38:46 -0700 (PDT), Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Aug 19, 10:20*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:40:10 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:
>>> Bryan - Why are you responding to this troll (and not a very good one)?

>> Who's the troll? *BAE, Lee, or Boo Boo?
>>
>> I think Boo Boo and BAE are on the right track. *This is pretty much
>> how all steak and most BBQ sauces start out. *Water, Tomato paste,
>> Vinegar, Worchestershire, HFCS... *I can probably dig up 20 brands
>> that start with four of those first five ingredients.

> Let's see? A-1 has no Worchestershi
> http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/A-...auce/000051234
> Neither does Crystal. (bottle in my fridge)
> Same for WalMart's Great Value:
> http://www.associatedcontent.com/vid...ak.html?cat=22
> Fire Brand? Nope:
> http://www.firebrandsauce.com/steak-sauce.html
> Tobasco Brand doesn't have any Worchestershire either:
> http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/Ta...auce/000002821
> Heinz HP Sauce? None:
> http://www.brownsauce.org/2007/06/06...s-perspective/

Keep digging.

Peace,

Jerry

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On 20-Aug-2009, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bobo_Bonobo=AE?= > wrote:

> On Aug 19, 10:20*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> > On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:40:10 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:
> > > Bryan - Why are you responding to this troll (and not a very good
> > > one)?

> > Who's the troll? *BAE, Lee, or Boo Boo?
> >
> > I think Boo Boo and BAE are on the right track. *This is pretty much
> > how all steak and most BBQ sauces start out. *Water, Tomato paste,
> > Vinegar, Worchestershire, HFCS... *I can probably dig up 20 brands
> > that start with four of those first five ingredients.

> Let's see? A-1 has no Worchestershi
> http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/A-...auce/000051234
> Neither does Crystal. (bottle in my fridge)
> Same for WalMart's Great Value:
> http://www.associatedcontent.com/vid...ak.html?cat=22
> Fire Brand? Nope:
> http://www.firebrandsauce.com/steak-sauce.html
> Tobasco Brand doesn't have any Worchestershire either:
> http://www.zeer.com/Food-Products/Ta...auce/000002821
> Heinz HP Sauce? None:
> http://www.brownsauce.org/2007/06/06...s-perspective/
>
> Twenty, eh? You can start digging any time.
> >
> > Whether you need "steak sauce" or not is a different troll.
> >
> > -sw

> --Bryan

Main ingredients from 'MY' bottles of Worcestershire, Heinz 57 and A1 steak
sauces;

Worcestershire - Vinegar, Molasses, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Anchovies

Heinz 57 - Tomato Paste, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Vinegar, Raisins

A1 - Tomato Paste, Vinegar, Corn Syrup, Raisins

Kind of looks like they all have vinegar and corn syrup don't it? What is
Worcestershire? Vinegar corn syrup and flavors. A1 despite protestations
that it doesn't; contains the main ingredients of Worcestershire. So does
Heinz 57.

--
Brick (Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government
those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

> Worcestershire - Vinegar, Molasses, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Anchovies

Goddamn lousy commie corn growin' bastids! They infiltrated L&P and
insinuated themselves into US made L&P Worcestershire sauce. Gonna
throw the bottle away and look for a Brit food shop.

nb
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Aug 20, 1:21*pm, notbob > wrote:
> > Worcestershire - Vinegar, Molasses, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Anchovies

> Goddamn lousy commie corn growin' bastids! *They infiltrated L&P and
> insinuated themselves into US made L&P Worcestershire sauce. *Gonna
> throw the bottle away and look for a Brit food shop.
>
> nb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcestershire_sauce

"Lea and Perrins in the USA
Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce in the USA differs slightly from
the original British recipe. Its ingredients are listed as: vinegar,
molasses, high fructose corn syrup, anchovies, water, onions, salt,
garlic, tamarind concentrate, cloves, natural flavorings and chili
pepper extract. The original British recipe uses malt vinegar while
the American version uses distilled white vinegar, giving the British
version a slightly deeper flavor. Also, the American version uses high
fructose corn syrup while the original British recipe still uses
sugar, giving the American version a somewhat sweeter and less spicy
taste."

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 20:21:27 GMT, notbob wrote:

>> Worcestershire - Vinegar, Molasses, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Anchovies

> Goddamn lousy commie corn growin' bastids! They infiltrated L&P and
> insinuated themselves into US made L&P Worcestershire sauce. Gonna
> throw the bottle away and look for a Brit food shop.

Notice the bottle of L&P says "Original Recipe". I didn't know they
even had HFCS in the 1830's.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

On 2009-08-21, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Notice the bottle of L&P says "Original Recipe". I didn't know they
> even had HFCS in the 1830's.

Notice the other post where someone quoted from wikipedia. The
US made version has a "few" small changes, HFCS being one of them.

nb

Simple BBQ sauce Kent[_5_] Barbecue 11 04-03-2012 08:18 PM
Simple barbecue sauce Melba's Jammin' Barbecue 3 01-11-2011 07:34 PM
Simple steak sauce Well? General Cooking 55 22-08-2009 01:00 AM
Simple flank steak dinner Andy[_2_] General Cooking 21 01-10-2007 06:57 PM