Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Anyone familiar with Char Griller gas grills?

I'm looking for a very inexpensive but acceptable gas grill for occasional
use at our cabin. A local store has the following model on sale for $149.

http://www.chargriller.com/manuals/3...-11-07_Eng.pdf

TIA

--
Wayne Boatwright
Dyspepsia is the remorse of a guilty stomach. A. Kerr

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 12, 7:21*pm, Wayne Boatwright >
wrote:
> I'm looking for a very inexpensive but acceptable gas grill for occasional
> use at our cabin. *A local store has the following model on sale for $149.
>
> http://www.chargriller.com/manuals/3...-11-07_Eng.pdf

Brick don't know shit for shinola 'bout them.

But humor him anyway.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> I'm looking for a very inexpensive but acceptable gas grill for occasional
> use at our cabin. A local store has the following model on sale for $149.
>
> http://www.chargriller.com/manuals/3...-11-07_Eng.pdf

Most any unit should do fine if you store it indoors when not in use
(leave the tank outside of course).
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 12, 10:21*pm, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:
> I'm looking for a very inexpensive but acceptable gas grill for occasional
> use at our cabin. *A local store has the following model on sale for $149.
>
> http://www.chargriller.com/manuals/3...-11-07_Eng.pdf
>
> TIA
>
> --
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Wayne Boatwright * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> * * * * *Dyspepsia is the remorse of a guilty stomach. *A. Kerr * * * *

take out the lava, and use charcoal pieces.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
5.250...
> I'm looking for a very inexpensive but acceptable gas grill for occasional
> use at our cabin. A local store has the following model on sale for $149.
>
> http://www.chargriller.com/manuals/3...-11-07_Eng.pdf
>
> TIA

I have the Duo, which is the 3001 on one end. It has performed very
well for 3+ years now. The burners are not the greatest. They have
functioned without fail but they're a little to close to the grilling racks.
Flare ups are common but manageable. Once you familiarize yourself with its
operating temps, you can dial it in to produce good grilling. I am doing
rib eyes on mine tonight and have learned to manage the flare ups quite
well. I will probably buy another duo if mine ever fails. But the parts
are available online if you need them. doesn't pertain to your grill but
the side fire box charcoal rack is going to fail in a couple more years I
think, rusting and starting to warp. I would say thumbs up on this grill
for the price.

Joseph

> --
> Wayne Boatwright
> Dyspepsia is the remorse of a guilty stomach. A. Kerr

char griller duo repainting Walt[_2_] Barbecue 1 28-05-2010 12:30 AM
Char Griller Duo Mods Joseph Barbecue 16 13-04-2008 10:01 PM
opinion about char-griller Walt Fles Barbecue 13 12-03-2008 05:39 AM
Char Griller at Kroger Michael Garrard Barbecue 16 27-08-2005 05:09 PM
Best Way to Clean my Char-Griller??? [email protected] Barbecue 6 24-06-2005 06:55 PM