Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Got my Brinkman

Geeze, don't they assemble anything anymore? Handles in three parts and a
gazillion screws.

When I got some patio furniture, I was told to use better screws than came
with it. Is there a problem with the heat that I should do this with the
smoker?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:50:03 -0500, Granby wrote:

> Geeze, don't they assemble anything anymore? Handles in three parts and a
> gazillion screws.
>
> When I got some patio furniture, I was told to use better screws than came
> with it. Is there a problem with the heat that I should do this with the
> smoker?

Nah. The only thing that ever gets loose on mine are the little
brackets that hold the racks.

I hope you got the Charcoal Gourmet smoker rather then the Smoke 'n
Pit. It's well worth the extra $20. Nto drafty, and you can lift
the whole assembly off the base to tend to the fire (if need be).

=-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thanks. Got the gourmet charcoal smoker. I saw that pit thing and while I
hate to admit there are things I can't / shouldn't do, that was one of them.
Will get this put together tonight. Tried doing it a bit ago and too many
neighbor men telling me to let them do it, I shouldn't even try. That is
one advantage to not having to be able to see what you are doing. I can do
it after dark. Put my CCTV in the garage where I can run in and look at the
directions. Wish me luck.
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:50:03 -0500, Granby wrote:
>
>> Geeze, don't they assemble anything anymore? Handles in three parts and
>> gazillion screws.
>>
>> When I got some patio furniture, I was told to use better screws than
>> came
>> with it. Is there a problem with the heat that I should do this with the
>> smoker?

> Nah. The only thing that ever gets loose on mine are the little
> brackets that hold the racks.
>
> I hope you got the Charcoal Gourmet smoker rather then the Smoke 'n
> Pit. It's well worth the extra $20. Nto drafty, and you can lift
> the whole assembly off the base to tend to the fire (if need be).
>
> =-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:18:11 -0500, "Granby" > wrote:

>Thanks. Got the gourmet charcoal smoker. I saw that pit thing and while I
>hate to admit there are things I can't / shouldn't do, that was one of them.
>Will get this put together tonight. Tried doing it a bit ago and too many
>neighbor men telling me to let them do it, I shouldn't even try. That is
>one advantage to not having to be able to see what you are doing. I can do
>it after dark. Put my CCTV in the garage where I can run in and look at the
>directions. Wish me luck.

Good luck, hon!

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I would let them assemble it but, I feel if I can see how it goes together,
what part depends on which part, I get a better feel for how it is supposed
to work.
"Desideria" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:18:11 -0500, "Granby" > wrote:
>
>>Thanks. Got the gourmet charcoal smoker. I saw that pit thing and while
>>hate to admit there are things I can't / shouldn't do, that was one of
>>them.
>>Will get this put together tonight. Tried doing it a bit ago and too many
>>neighbor men telling me to let them do it, I shouldn't even try. That is
>>one advantage to not having to be able to see what you are doing. I can
>>do
>>it after dark. Put my CCTV in the garage where I can run in and look at
>>the
>>directions. Wish me luck.

> Good luck, hon!
>

> Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Granby wrote:
> Thanks. Got the gourmet charcoal smoker. I saw that pit thing and while I
> hate to admit there are things I can't / shouldn't do, that was one of them.
> Will get this put together tonight. Tried doing it a bit ago and too many
> neighbor men telling me to let them do it, I shouldn't even try. That is
> one advantage to not having to be able to see what you are doing. I can do
> it after dark. Put my CCTV in the garage where I can run in and look at the
> directions. Wish me luck.

I put my Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker together in about 5 minutes.
It's not hard.

I run it with the water bowl about 1/3 full of play sand.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

It is taking me longer than that, Got all the screws and washers separated
and then began. Not going to work tomorrow so have to try it out.
"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Granby wrote:
>> Thanks. Got the gourmet charcoal smoker. I saw that pit thing and while
>> I hate to admit there are things I can't / shouldn't do, that was one of
>> them. Will get this put together tonight. Tried doing it a bit ago and
>> too many neighbor men telling me to let them do it, I shouldn't even try.
>> That is one advantage to not having to be able to see what you are doing.
>> I can do it after dark. Put my CCTV in the garage where I can run in and
>> look at the directions. Wish me luck.

> I put my Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker together in about 5 minutes.
> It's not hard.
>
> I run it with the water bowl about 1/3 full of play sand.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Way-the-heck-south Texas
> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Granby" > wrote:
> Thanks. Got the gourmet charcoal smoker. I saw that pit thing and while
> I hate to admit there are things I can't / shouldn't do, that was one of
> them. Will get this put together tonight. Tried doing it a bit ago and
> too many neighbor men telling me to let them do it, I shouldn't even try.
> That is one advantage to not having to be able to see what you are doing.
> I can do it after dark. Put my CCTV in the garage where I can run in and
> look at the directions. Wish me luck.

So these two guys are playing golf and the group ahead of them is moving at
a snail's pace. Older guy says, "Run up there and tell them to play
quicker." Young buddy trots up and soon returns. "It's a match between
Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles!" Old guy grumbles, "Why don't they play at
night?" Good luck, Granby.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Granby" > wrote:
>> Thanks. Got the gourmet charcoal smoker. I saw that pit thing and while
>> I hate to admit there are things I can't / shouldn't do, that was one of
>> them. Will get this put together tonight. Tried doing it a bit ago and
>> too many neighbor men telling me to let them do it, I shouldn't even try.
>> That is one advantage to not having to be able to see what you are doing.
>> I can do it after dark. Put my CCTV in the garage where I can run in and
>> look at the directions. Wish me luck.

> So these two guys are playing golf and the group ahead of them is moving at
> a snail's pace. Older guy says, "Run up there and tell them to play
> quicker." Young buddy trots up and soon returns. "It's a match between
> Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles!" Old guy grumbles, "Why don't they play at
> night?" Good luck, Granby.

You qualify as a nice peeps sometimes Nick... Just saying.

Bob
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Granby" > wrote in message
> It is taking me longer than that, Got all the screws and washers separated
> and then began. Not going to work tomorrow so have to try it out.
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Granby wrote:
>>> Thanks. Got the gourmet charcoal smoker. I saw that pit thing and
>>> while I hate to admit there are things I can't / shouldn't do, that was
>>> one of them. Will get this put together tonight. Tried doing it a bit
>>> ago and too many neighbor men telling me to let them do it, I shouldn't
>>> even try. That is one advantage to not having to be able to see what you
>>> are doing. I can do it after dark. Put my CCTV in the garage where I
>>> can run in and look at the directions. Wish me luck.

>> I put my Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker together in about 5 minutes.
>> It's not hard.
>>
>> I run it with the water bowl about 1/3 full of play sand.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

LOL, just like a kid with the new toy, gotta skip school so you can play!
he.he.

As is often said, learn on cheap meat, try whole chickens to break it in.
piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Actually, I have two chickens but, it just hailed outside and is now raining
like that cow my Grandpa told me about. At least it is together.

I don't get regular days, only when traffic seems to allow. Sometimes don't
get even a day off a week in the summer./ However, made and extra trip out
last night with my son to make sure I could take today off.

As the kids say
Rain, go away,
I want to be out, I want to play!!
"piedmont" > wrote in message
> "Granby" > wrote in message
>> It is taking me longer than that, Got all the screws and washers
>> separated and then began. Not going to work tomorrow so have to try it
>> out.
>>>
>>> I put my Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker together in about 5 minutes.
>>> It's not hard.
>>>
>>> I run it with the water bowl about 1/3 full of play sand.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Janet Wilder
>>> Way-the-heck-south Texas
>>> Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

> LOL, just like a kid with the new toy, gotta skip school so you can play!
> he.he.
>
> As is often said, learn on cheap meat, try whole chickens to break it in.
> piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:04:15 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

> I put my Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker together in about 5 minutes.
> It's not hard.

I don't see what the problem is either. There's what 3 handles and
6 brackets to hold the grates. And a thermo that slips in and turns
a half a turn.

There's not even any legs to mess with. 5 minutes, tops.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ok. look at it this way. Close your eyes, sort out the screws and washers,
the handles are in 3 pieces, three different size, all very close together.
Now figure out the holes in the thing by counting them. Keep those eyes
closed.

Oh hell, never mind, it just took me longer but it got done and if it wasn't
as quickly as you do it, so be it.

I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I have
to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:04:15 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> I put my Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker together in about 5 minutes.
>> It's not hard.

> I don't see what the problem is either. There's what 3 handles and
> 6 brackets to hold the grates. And a thermo that slips in and turns
> a half a turn.
>
> There's not even any legs to mess with. 5 minutes, tops.
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Granby wrote:

> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

Lotsa ppl forget good manners, here on usenet. It's sad, I'm with you.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"ViLco" > wrote in message
> Granby wrote:
>
>> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
>> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

> Lotsa ppl forget good manners, here on usenet. It's sad, I'm with you.

yeah, don't worry about it. BBQ is about slow, no?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:04:37 -0500, Granby wrote:

> Ok. look at it this way. Close your eyes, sort out the screws and washers,
> the handles are in 3 pieces, three different size, all very close together.
> Now figure out the holes in the thing by counting them. Keep those eyes
> closed.
>
> Oh hell, never mind, it just took me longer but it got done and if it wasn't
> as quickly as you do it, so be it.
>
> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I have
> to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

Well, if you're that thin-skinned...

Looking back at your procrastinating posts, I maybe didn't catch the
part about you possibly not having the best eyesight. Still don't
understand the CCTV part...

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:47:49 GMT, ViLco wrote:

> Granby wrote:
>
>> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
>> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

> Lotsa ppl forget good manners, here on usenet. It's sad, I'm with you.

All I heard was a bunch of procrastinating. Another person I know
does that for 2 days before they have to take a 30-minute drive to
someplace they've never been. I assure them that it's really
easy... "you just go to such-and-such a place and instead of making
a right, you make a left instead". for example

They'll still fret about it for days beforehand. Sometimes even
wanting to go out and do a test drive - at rush hour.

Just DO IT!

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Granby" > wrote in message
> Ok. look at it this way. Close your eyes, sort out the screws and
> washers, the handles are in 3 pieces, three different size, all very close
> together. Now figure out the holes in the thing by counting them. Keep
> those eyes closed.
>
> Oh hell, never mind, it just took me longer but it got done and if it
> wasn't as quickly as you do it, so be it.
>
> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I have
> to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 23:04:15 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>>> I put my Brinkman Gourmet charcoal smoker together in about 5 minutes.
>>> It's not hard.

>> I don't see what the problem is either. There's what 3 handles and
>> 6 brackets to hold the grates. And a thermo that slips in and turns
>> a half a turn.
>>
>> There's not even any legs to mess with. 5 minutes, tops.
>>
>> -sw

Granby,

Although sw couldn't say it any other way (typical man thing) (is sw a male?
Hell I don't know), what sw probably meant was,

~Granby,
~Glad you got your new cooker, I have all the faith in the world that you
will get 'er done, let us know how yer first cook'n comes out!
~sw

Anyway, 'Block or Ploink' his butt but stay and play with the rest of us!
Please!

piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default [OT] Got my Brinkman

Nick Cramer said

> "Granby" > wrote:
>> Thanks. Got the gourmet charcoal smoker. I saw that pit thing and
>> while I hate to admit there are things I can't / shouldn't do, that
>> was one of them. Will get this put together tonight. Tried doing it
>> a bit ago and too many neighbor men telling me to let them do it, I
>> shouldn't even try. That is one advantage to not having to be able
>> to see what you are doing. I can do it after dark. Put my CCTV in
>> the garage where I can run in and look at the directions. Wish me
>> luck.

> So these two guys are playing golf and the group ahead of them is
> moving at a snail's pace. Older guy says, "Run up there and tell them
> to play quicker." Young buddy trots up and soon returns. "It's a
> match between Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles!" Old guy grumbles, "Why
> don't they play at night?" Good luck, Granby.

;-)

Another version.....

A pastor, a doctor and an engineer were waiting one morning for a
particularly slow group of golfers.

Engineer: What's with these guys? We must have been waiting for 15
minnutes!

Doctor: I don't know, but I've never seen such ineptitude!

Pastor: Hey, here comes the greens keeper. Let's have a word with him.
[dramatic pause] Hi George. Say, what's with that group ahead of us?
They're rather slow, aren't they?

George: Oh, yes, that's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their
sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them
play for free anytime.

The group was silent for a moment.

Pastor: That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them
tonight.

Doctor: Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy
and see if there's anything he can do for them.

Engineer: Why can't these guys play at night?

--
Better living through smoking.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 15:47:49 GMT, ViLco wrote:
>
>> Granby wrote:
>>
>>> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
>>> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

>> Lotsa ppl forget good manners, here on usenet. It's sad, I'm with you.

> All I heard was a bunch of procrastinating. Another person I know
> does that for 2 days before they have to take a 30-minute drive to
> someplace they've never been. I assure them that it's really
> easy... "you just go to such-and-such a place and instead of making
> a right, you make a left instead". for example
>
> They'll still fret about it for days beforehand. Sometimes even
> wanting to go out and do a test drive - at rush hour.
>
> Just DO IT!
>
> -sw

CHEESE N RICE SW! SHUT THE FXXK UP!, your Ass is starting to show.
piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Granby" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.
> [ . . . ]

Knock it off, Granby! A couple of people get on your case and you're ready
to whimp out? Enfrúncate el culo!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Granby" > wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
>> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.
>> [ . . . ]

> Knock it off, Granby! A couple of people get on your case and you're ready
> to whimp out? Enfrúncate el culo!

If someone should be considered a procrastinator, it's me!! And this
confession should be considered part of my 12 step program :-)

I have a ECB in the garage, still in the box, that the only excuse I
have for not using yet is that I want a few feet of rod, and a few nuts
& bolts.

You guys *stop* picking on Granby.

Granby - Please let the stress you have received here, be my load to
bear. I don't mind.

Nick! Pick on someone your own size.... <g>

Bob

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:48:00 -0400, "piedmont" > wrote:

>"Granby" > wrote in message
>> Ok. look at it this way. Close your eyes, sort out the screws and
>> washers, the handles are in 3 pieces, three different size, all very close
>> together. Now figure out the holes in the thing by counting them. Keep
>> those eyes closed.
>>
>> Oh hell, never mind, it just took me longer but it got done and if it
>> wasn't as quickly as you do it, so be it.
>>
>> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I have
>> to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

>>> I don't see what the problem is either. There's what 3 handles and
>>> 6 brackets to hold the grates. And a thermo that slips in and turns
>>> a half a turn.
>>>
>>> There's not even any legs to mess with. 5 minutes, tops.
>>>
>>> -sw

>Granby,
>
>Although sw couldn't say it any other way (typical man thing) (is sw a male?
>Hell I don't know), what sw probably meant was,
>
>~Granby,
>~Glad you got your new cooker, I have all the faith in the world that you
>will get 'er done, let us know how yer first cook'n comes out!
>~sw
>
>Anyway, 'Block or Ploink' his butt but stay and play with the rest of us!
>Please!
>
>piedmont

'sw' is the initials of the fella known as Sqwertz. ;-)

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 29 Jul 2009 22:59:25 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>"Granby" > wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
>> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.
>> [ . . . ]

>Knock it off, Granby! A couple of people get on your case and you're ready
>to whimp out? Enfrúncate el culo!

Hey, Nick--please bear in mind that Granby's a Usenet newbie, so far
as I know. She isn't used to the Usenet conventions, and some of the
folks here can be a bit...direct, sometimes (that's 'polite speak' for
them being jerks on occasion...mostly 'cuz I *still* can't always tell
when you guys are kidding!).

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Desideria > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> >"Granby" > wrote:
> >> [ . . . ]
> >> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
> >> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.
> >> [ . . . ]

> >Knock it off, Granby! A couple of people get on your case and you're
> >ready to whimp out? Enfrúncate el culo!

> Hey, Nick--please bear in mind that Granby's a Usenet newbie, so far
> as I know. She isn't used to the Usenet conventions, and some of the
> folks here can be a bit...direct, sometimes (that's 'polite speak' for
> them being jerks on occasion...mostly 'cuz I *still* can't always tell
> when you guys are kidding!).

Hey, Desi! Granby's certainly had to deal with life for a while. I had a
friend who used to feel beaten down by management where we worked. I
frequently stiffened his spine (I called it 'giving him a prick pill')!
Have you watched any of the Japanese "Zatoichi" films or videos? I love
them. BTW I think very highly of Granby (and Stormmlee)!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

ViLco wrote:
> Granby wrote:
>
>> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
>> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

> Lotsa ppl forget good manners, here on usenet. It's sad, I'm with you.

Sorry if I came off wrong. I meant to be encouraging. You know...girl
can do it in 5 minutes, sort of thing. I guess I didn't count the couple
of extra minutes it took to sort the hardware. I always sort the
hardware into little piles of like size before I do any of those
"screw-it-yourself" projects.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 29-Jul-2009, Janet Wilder > wrote:

> ViLco wrote:
> > Granby wrote:
> >
> >> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
> >> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

> > Lotsa ppl forget good manners, here on usenet. It's sad, I'm with you.

> Sorry if I came off wrong. I meant to be encouraging. You know...girl
> can do it in 5 minutes, sort of thing. I guess I didn't count the couple
> of extra minutes it took to sort the hardware. I always sort the
> hardware into little piles of like size before I do any of those
> "screw-it-yourself" projects.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder

How many people here don't yet understand that Granby is
vision challenged. All you folks that think it's so damn easy
should try it with your eyes closed.

--
Brick (Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess.
They always run out of other people's money.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 20:52:59 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote:

> ViLco wrote:
>> Granby wrote:
>>
>>> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
>>> have to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

>> Lotsa ppl forget good manners, here on usenet. It's sad, I'm with you.

> Sorry if I came off wrong. I meant to be encouraging. You know...girl
> can do it in 5 minutes, sort of thing. I guess I didn't count the couple
> of extra minutes it took to sort the hardware. I always sort the
> hardware into little piles of like size before I do any of those
> "screw-it-yourself" projects.

I wish I was as nice to type a whole paragraph in my defense.

And that's all I have to say about that.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 03:04:10 GMT, Brick wrote:

> How many people here don't yet understand that Granby is
> vision challenged. All you folks that think it's so damn easy
> should try it with your eyes closed.

I got the hint after he thought we were a bunch of drunks always
mentioning or incorporating beer into BBQ.

That's when I knew he was blind. ABF rarely mentions beer, and has
not mentioned it at all in the last 4 months of postings before
Granby mentioned it.

-sw (sober for 32.6825 minutes.. errr Hours))
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 18:05:01 -0700, Desideria wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:48:00 -0400, "piedmont" > wrote:
>
>>"Granby" > wrote in message
>>> Ok. look at it this way. Close your eyes, sort out the screws and
>>> washers, the handles are in 3 pieces, three different size, all very close
>>> together. Now figure out the holes in the thing by counting them. Keep
>>> those eyes closed.
>>>
>>> Oh hell, never mind, it just took me longer but it got done and if it
>>> wasn't as quickly as you do it, so be it.
>>>
>>> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I have
>>> to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

>>Granby,
>>
>>Although sw couldn't say it any other way (typical man thing) (is sw a male?
>>Hell I don't know), what sw probably meant was,
>>
>>~Granby,
>>~Glad you got your new cooker, I have all the faith in the world that you
>>will get 'er done, let us know how yer first cook'n comes out!
>>~sw
>>
>>Anyway, 'Block or Ploink' his butt but stay and play with the rest of us!
>>Please!
>>
>>piedmont

> 'sw' is the initials of the fella known as Sqwertz. ;-)
>
> Desideria

What do I have to do - Post my waist size for you to plonk me?
Just ****ing do it, will ya?

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 19:02:54 -0400, Bob Muncie wrote:

> I have a ECB in the garage, still in the box, that the only excuse I
> have for not using yet is that I want a few feet of rod, and a few nuts
> & bolts.

Rods and Nuts.

<sigh. shaking head. Not THAT head>

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:10:09 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:50:03 -0500, Granby wrote:
>
>> Geeze, don't they assemble anything anymore? Handles in three parts and a
>> gazillion screws.
>>
>> When I got some patio furniture, I was told to use better screws than came
>> with it. Is there a problem with the heat that I should do this with the
>> smoker?

> Nah. The only thing that ever gets loose on mine are the little
> brackets that hold the racks.
>
> I hope you got the Charcoal Gourmet smoker rather then the Smoke 'n
> Pit. It's well worth the extra $20. Nto drafty, and you can lift
> the whole assembly off the base to tend to the fire (if need be).

Why do I even bother giving such patient advice if they're going to
come back on their haunches asking for fish?

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:

> Just DO IT!

What about some sedatives?
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza
qualcosa da bere a portata di mano

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:

>> Lotsa ppl forget good manners, here on usenet. It's sad, I'm with
>> you.

> Sorry if I came off wrong. I meant to be encouraging. You know...girl
> can do it in 5 minutes, sort of thing. I guess I didn't count the
> couple of extra minutes it took to sort the hardware. I always sort
> the hardware into little piles of like size before I do any of those
> "screw-it-yourself" projects.

Janet, I wans't referring to your answer, which was polite.
--
Vilco
Mai guardare Trailer park Boys senza
qualcosa da bere a portata di mano

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 13:48:00 -0400, piedmont wrote:

> Granby,
>
> Although sw couldn't say it any other way (typical man thing) (is sw a male?
> Hell I don't know), what sw probably meant was,
>
> ~Granby,
> ~Glad you got your new cooker, I have all the faith in the world that you
> will get 'er done, let us know how yer first cook'n comes out!

No, that's not what I meant at all. I wasn't rude, but I'm not
known for my sugar-coating either.

And I ain't going to beg her/him not to go because if *that*
post made it uptight, then those panties are chronically tight.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:29:31 -0500, Sqwertz
> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 03:04:10 GMT, Brick wrote:
>
>> How many people here don't yet understand that Granby is
>> vision challenged. All you folks that think it's so damn easy
>> should try it with your eyes closed.

>I got the hint after he thought we were a bunch of drunks always
>mentioning or incorporating beer into BBQ.
>
>That's when I knew he was blind. ABF rarely mentions beer, and has
>not mentioned it at all in the last 4 months of postings before
>Granby mentioned it.
>
>-sw (sober for 32.6825 minutes.. errr Hours))

Riiiiiiiggggggghhhhttt, Sqwertz. Do you have a bridge for sale too?

By the way, you're a tiny bit blind yourself...if you have the option
to view email addresses that folks are posting from, you'll learn that
Granby is a lady. ;-)

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:32:17 -0500, Sqwertz
> wrote:

>What do I have to do - Post my waist size for you to plonk me?
>Just ****ing do it, will ya?
>
>-sw

Okay, so I'm curious. If you feel like posting your waist size, I'll
certainly read it--or any other measurements you care to add. Though
I'm likely to not believe them, as I kinda know you by now, hon.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:41:50 -0700, Desideria wrote:

> Okay, so I'm curious. If you feel like posting your waist size, I'll
> certainly read it--or any other measurements you care to add. Though
> I'm likely to not believe them, as I kinda know you by now, hon.

You know me as a liar?

Obviously if I said my waist size was 30 and I was 22 years old,
you'd probably take that with a grain of salt.

But it's true:
http://recfoodcooking.com/mug/shot/Steve%20Wertz.jpg

-sw

What?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 10:50:18 -0500, Sqwertz
> wrote:

>On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 20:41:50 -0700, Desideria wrote:
>
>> Okay, so I'm curious. If you feel like posting your waist size, I'll
>> certainly read it--or any other measurements you care to add. Though
>> I'm likely to not believe them, as I kinda know you by now, hon.

>You know me as a liar?
>
>Obviously if I said my waist size was 30 and I was 22 years old,
>you'd probably take that with a grain of salt.
>
>But it's true:
>http://recfoodcooking.com/mug/shot/Steve%20Wertz.jpg
>
>-sw
>
>What?

Riiiigggghhht, Steve. Complete with old-fashioned haircut, huh? ;-)

and let's say that evidence indicates you might be a teller of tall
tales, or at least tend to have your tongue firmly in your cheek (when
not eating bbq, anyway!)

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Sqwertz > wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>> Obviously if I said my waist size was 30 and I was 22 years old,
>> you'd probably take that with a grain of salt.
>>
>> But it's true:
>> http://recfoodcooking.com/mug/shot/Steve%20Wertz.jpg

> Ah, the ravages of time.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

I'm no expert, but it seems that USMC service number and that photo do not
jive.

Brinkman Vertical Smoker Steve B[_12_] General Cooking 27 24-10-2010 05:13 PM
Got my Brinkman Sqwertz General Cooking 4 01-08-2009 07:13 AM
Turkey for 15 in a Brinkman smoker [email protected] Barbecue 2 17-11-2006 05:13 AM
brinkman BigDog Barbecue 4 15-06-2004 01:51 PM
Brinkman S'nG mod question... Ordovician Barbecue 1 07-06-2004 12:51 PM