Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Got my Brinkman

"Wallace" > wrote in message

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> Sqwertz > wrote:
>>> [ . . . ]
>>> Obviously if I said my waist size was 30 and I was 22 years old,
>>> you'd probably take that with a grain of salt.
>>>
>>> But it's true:
>>> http://recfoodcooking.com/mug/shot/Steve%20Wertz.jpg

>> Ah, the ravages of time.
>>
>> --
>> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
>> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
>> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
>> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

> I'm no expert, but it seems that USMC service number and that photo do not
> jive.

well, oops! why would one guy's pic jive with another guy's service number.
I gotta wake up!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Wallace" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > Sqwertz > wrote:
> >> [ . . . ]

> >> But it's true:
> >> http://recfoodcooking.com/mug/shot/Steve%20Wertz.jpg

> > Ah, the ravages of time.

> I'm no expert, but it seems that USMC service number and that photo do
> not jive.

My USMC s/n, Sqwertz's photo from looooooong ago. ;-)))

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Wallace" > wrote:

>> > Ah, the ravages of time.

>> I'm no expert, but it seems that USMC service number and that photo do
>> not jive.

> My USMC s/n, Sqwertz's photo from looooooong ago. ;-)))

yeah, but even then they don't jive. You two wouldn't have been near the
same age.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 07:48:15 -0700, "Wallace"
> > wrote:
>
>>well, oops! why would one guy's pic jive with another guy's service
>>number.
>>I gotta wake up!

> Why? Can't you cook and eat Q while asleep?

I don't mind taking a nap while the Q is cooking, but I like to be awake for
the awaking of my taste buds.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Wallace" > wrote in message

> "Denny Wheeler" > wrote in
> message ...
>> On Sat, 1 Aug 2009 07:48:15 -0700, "Wallace"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>well, oops! why would one guy's pic jive with another guy's
>>>service number.
>>>I gotta wake up!

>> Why? Can't you cook and eat Q while asleep?

Dunno about eating in my sleep, but I sure as heck dream about
eating on occasion. When I do a butt in the Bradley, I usually
put it on the night before and let it cook overnight. . . while I
sleep and dream.

> I don't mind taking a nap while the Q is cooking, but I like to
> be awake for the awaking of my taste buds.

--
Nonny

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up
in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it.
If it keeps moving, regulate it.
If it stops moving, subsidize it." - Ronald Reagan

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:56:46 -0700, Desideria wrote:

> Riiiigggghhht, Steve. Complete with old-fashioned haircut, huh? ;-)

Uh, I still wear it that way, thank you. When I don't shave it all
off for the summer.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 20:52:36 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 17:56:46 -0700, Desideria wrote:
>
>> Riiiigggghhht, Steve. Complete with old-fashioned haircut, huh? ;-)

>Uh, I still wear it that way, thank you. When I don't shave it all
>off for the summer.
>
>-sw

Hmmm. Shaved off sounds good!

And I'll bet that even if you 'still' wear it that way, you don't
still look quite the same, hon. ;-)

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

the cctv enlarges the print in the manual so it can be read, you can also do
things like sort screws but it is a very close space, and anything shiney is
a pita, Lee, who used to use one

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:04:37 -0500, Granby wrote:
>
>> Ok. look at it this way. Close your eyes, sort out the screws and
>> washers,
>> the handles are in 3 pieces, three different size, all very close
>> together.
>> Now figure out the holes in the thing by counting them. Keep those eyes
>> closed.
>>
>> Oh hell, never mind, it just took me longer but it got done and if it
>> wasn't
>> as quickly as you do it, so be it.
>>
>> I guess I don't have thick enough skin for this ng. I keep feeling I
>> have
>> to defend too much. Have a wonderful life.

> Well, if you're that thin-skinned...
>
> Looking back at your procrastinating posts, I maybe didn't catch the
> part about you possibly not having the best eyesight. Still don't
> understand the CCTV part...
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

des,

you were one swallow of lemonade from owing me a keyboard, too good, Lee
"Desideria" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 01:32:17 -0500, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>

>>What do I have to do - Post my waist size for you to plonk me?
>>Just ****ing do it, will ya?
>>
>>-sw

> Okay, so I'm curious. If you feel like posting your waist size, I'll
> certainly read it--or any other measurements you care to add. Though
> I'm likely to not believe them, as I kinda know you by now, hon.
>

> Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

that is a compliment, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Desideria > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>> >
>> >Knock it off, Granby! A couple of people get on your case and you're
>> >ready to whimp out? Enfrúncate el culo!

>> Hey, Nick--please bear in mind that Granby's a Usenet newbie, so far
>> as I know. She isn't used to the Usenet conventions, and some of the
>> folks here can be a bit...direct, sometimes (that's 'polite speak' for
>> them being jerks on occasion...mostly 'cuz I *still* can't always tell
>> when you guys are kidding!).

> Hey, Desi! Granby's certainly had to deal with life for a while. I had a
> friend who used to feel beaten down by management where we worked. I
> frequently stiffened his spine (I called it 'giving him a prick pill')!
> Have you watched any of the Japanese "Zatoichi" films or videos? I love
> them. BTW I think very highly of Granby (and Stormmlee)!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

or the blind guy says to a cocky co worker i can beat you at golf, hows
that, says the co worker... blind guy says i'll bet you a hundred i can beat
you... co worker says ok set the terms... Blind guy says, you pick the date
and place I'll pick the time... co worker says next tuesday at golf stream,
blind guy says midnight, Lee

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Granby" > wrote:
>> Thanks. Got the gourmet charcoal smoker. I saw that pit thing and while
>> I hate to admit there are things I can't / shouldn't do, that was one of
>> them. Will get this put together tonight. Tried doing it a bit ago and
>> too many neighbor men telling me to let them do it, I shouldn't even try.
>> That is one advantage to not having to be able to see what you are doing.
>> I can do it after dark. Put my CCTV in the garage where I can run in and
>> look at the directions. Wish me luck.

> So these two guys are playing golf and the group ahead of them is moving
> at
> a snail's pace. Older guy says, "Run up there and tell them to play
> quicker." Young buddy trots up and soon returns. "It's a match between
> Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles!" Old guy grumbles, "Why don't they play at
> night?" Good luck, Granby.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Brinkman Vertical Smoker Steve B[_12_] General Cooking 27 24-10-2010 05:13 PM
Got my Brinkman Sqwertz General Cooking 4 01-08-2009 07:13 AM
Turkey for 15 in a Brinkman smoker [email protected] Barbecue 2 17-11-2006 04:13 AM
brinkman BigDog Barbecue 4 15-06-2004 01:51 PM
Brinkman S'nG mod question... Ordovician Barbecue 1 07-06-2004 12:51 PM