Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Ping Granby: Amish Q Sandwich Recipe

Hey Granby,

My old stompin grounds are in Northern Indiana, near enough that you may
recognioze this as a regional bbq sandwich recipe.
--
piedmont

Amish County Fair Barbecue Sandwich Sauce

Marsha Adams, Cooking in Amish Country

2 tbs. butter, 1 cup onion chopped, 1-1/2 cup beef stock, 1 cup ketchup, 1/2
cup cider vinegar, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tbs. Worcestershire, plus 1 tsp., 1 tbs.
brown sugar, 2 tsp. celery salt, 2 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. chili powder, 1/2
tsp. cumin powder, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt.

Sauté onion in butter, add remaining ingredients, mix well, add about 4
pounds of meat. Original recipe called for, chopped or shredded, 2 LB
roasted pork and 2 LB roasted beef, I've used turkey or chicken too, heck
you could use hamburger.

Simmer over low heat until thick, about 15 minutes. Serve on hamburger buns.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Yepper, that sounds familiar. We do have a couple of old guys who go around
to the many summer festivals with BBQ pork and beef. Convinced one of them
last year to sell me 10 pounds of it. It is, was, more the KC style as I
read from google. Dang, I want to try it all now!
"piedmont" > wrote in message
> Hey Granby,
>
> My old stompin grounds are in Northern Indiana, near enough that you may
> recognioze this as a regional bbq sandwich recipe.
> --
> piedmont
>
> Amish County Fair Barbecue Sandwich Sauce
>
> Marsha Adams, Cooking in Amish Country
>

> 2 tbs. butter, 1 cup onion chopped, 1-1/2 cup beef stock, 1 cup ketchup,
> 1/2 cup cider vinegar, 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tbs. Worcestershire, plus 1 tsp.,
> 1 tbs. brown sugar, 2 tsp. celery salt, 2 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. chili
> powder, 1/2 tsp. cumin powder, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt.
>

> Sauté onion in butter, add remaining ingredients, mix well, add about 4
> pounds of meat. Original recipe called for, chopped or shredded, 2 LB
> roasted pork and 2 LB roasted beef, I've used turkey or chicken too, heck
> you could use hamburger.
>
> Simmer over low heat until thick, about 15 minutes. Serve on hamburger
> buns.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

you know if we could get a good reccomendation for each style in close
enough proximity it would make interesting road trip, Lee