Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Texas Road House

Texas Roadhouse:

http://www.texasroadhouse.com/home.php

The BW and I ate at the Fairfield, CA store this afternoon, and I
thought it was quite good. Lots of noise, lots of employees, and lots of
fun.

To start, you kill time with buckets of peanuts everywhere you look, and
drop the shells where you stand (or sit). The wait was not too long, and
the gal that seats you first takes you to the meat case where you decide
ahead of time whether or not you want steak. If so, you pick the one you
want before being seated. I knew what I wanted, and it wasn't steak. I
ordered a combo plate of ribs and pulled pork with a salad and a bowl of
chili. My lady ordered a kabob of sirloin tips and peppers on a bed of
fried rice.

Then the fun starts...

Being people watchers, we were amazed at the number of people working
there, in constant motion, always smiling and singing even though you
couldn't hear them with all the noise. Then all of a sudden a particular
tune comes on and all the employees stop what they're doing and form up
for line dancing in the aisles between tables. The great part was that
you could tell by the looks on they're faces that they were having fun,
and so were we.

The food arrives, and the presentation was decent. Portions were good
sized, looked good, and tasted good. Being temporarily one handed, I
appreciated the fact that the meat came off the ribs easily. Very
tender, tasty and meaty. Cooked with a semi-sweet sauce which is not my
honest favorite (I cook ribs naked), but I ate it all.

The pulled pork was well pulled, with no chunks, and served with a
toasted bread roll. Yummy! I was happy.

The sirloin kabobs were served on 3 skewers. 2 were solid meat, and one
for the peppers and other veggies. She asked for medium-rare, and that's
what she got. A nice warm pink in the middle, and they were wonderfully
tender and tasty.

2 people with an adult beverage + tip = less than $40. Adjust if you
have steak.

I don't get paid to promote the place, but we will be going back again.

Dave T.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave T. wrote:
> Texas Roadhouse:

I've had mixed results. The ribs are usually very good
but while down in San Antonio I had a craving for steak.
Ordered an Angus with mushrooms on the top and a baked
potato. The steak was inedible, the mushrooms were
inedible. Way too much salt. I swear the thing was
injected, brined, boiled, and breaded in salt.

Paid for my beer and went down the street to Chilli's
for a burger.

The peanuts were good though.

--
DougW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave T. wrote:
> Texas Roadhouse:
>
> http://www.texasroadhouse.com/home.php
>
> The BW and I ate at the Fairfield, CA store this afternoon, and I
> thought it was quite good. Lots of noise, lots of employees, and lots of
> fun.

<snipped>

We have one near our house in Harlingen, TX. My favorite meal there is
the small prime rib with a naked baked sweet potato. They make a decent
onion blossom, too.

During the week they have specials for two people. Really cheap.
--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Dave T. wrote:
>> Texas Roadhouse:
>>
>> http://www.texasroadhouse.com/home.php
>>
>> The BW and I ate at the Fairfield, CA store this afternoon, and I
>> thought it was quite good. Lots of noise, lots of employees, and lots
>> of fun.
>>

> <snipped>
>
> We have one near our house in Harlingen, TX. My favorite meal there is
> the small prime rib with a naked baked sweet potato. They make a decent
> onion blossom, too.
>
> During the week they have specials for two people. Really cheap.

Yes, opening time is 4 pm Monday thru Thursday, and they have a list on
the menu for $7.99/person.

I want to try the onion. We really like the ones from Outback, but don't
go much 'cause the steaks suck.

Dave T.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave T. wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>> Dave T. wrote:
>>> Texas Roadhouse:
>>>
>>> http://www.texasroadhouse.com/home.php
>>>
>>> The BW and I ate at the Fairfield, CA store this afternoon, and I
>>> thought it was quite good. Lots of noise, lots of employees, and lots
>>> of fun.
>>>

>> <snipped>
>>
>> We have one near our house in Harlingen, TX. My favorite meal there is
>> the small prime rib with a naked baked sweet potato. They make a
>> decent onion blossom, too.
>>
>> During the week they have specials for two people. Really cheap.

> Yes, opening time is 4 pm Monday thru Thursday, and they have a list on
> the menu for $7.99/person.
>
> I want to try the onion. We really like the ones from Outback, but don't
> go much 'cause the steaks suck.

Save,

Personally, I think their onion is better than Outback's. Less greasy. I
can't eat Outback's food since they increased the salt level to "Dead Sea"

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
> .....I can't eat Outback's food since they increased the salt
> level to "Dead Sea"

ROTFLOL!!!! Now I've got to find one of those shammy wow thingies to wipe
up the diet Dr. Pepper that I've done spewed.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

We have those steak places here in Illinois. They don't do the dancing, you
don't pick out your own steak (sometimes wonder where it came from). Nuts
are served in two buckets, one to hold them, the other to dump the shells
in. Health department guy has no sense of humor.

I prefer Lone Star, at least I know the meat is beef there.

my tea road Chih Ting Tea 0 02-06-2011 09:54 PM
Same Old Message out of White House..."Our" House is Holding Firm [email protected] General Cooking 11 07-09-2006 06:14 PM
Reminder: Texas Ranch House jmcquown General Cooking 44 04-05-2006 01:48 AM
Texas Ranch House; another PBS Experiment jmcquown General Cooking 58 02-05-2006 06:11 AM