Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Burgers with bacon slaw

"Granby" > wrote:
> Wonder if someone could do me a favor. I don't see well so use a screen
> reader. I would like to have the recipe for the bacon coleslaw but,
> there are too many graphics on the website and the reader won't READ.

I read chronologically, so someone may have already posted this.

Bacon Coleslaw

Start with the dressing. You will use 3/4 cup of the following:

Home made ranch dressing. (If you want to make it extra simple, use pre
made ranch, but I'd recommend a refrigerated brand such as one I like,
Marzetti's.). Make it ahead and keep in the refrigerator until you are
ready to mix up the veggies and fry the burgers.

* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1/2 cup sour cream
* 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
* 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
* 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, chives,
parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover and
refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

To make coleslaw dressing. Use 3/4 cup of the ranch. Add two tablespoons
red wine vinegar, one tablespoon of honey, and a dash of pepper (with the
bacon it really doesn't need any salt).

Coleslaw Mix -

3/4 of a head of small cabbage (save rest for something else). I chopped
fairly thick so it wasn't overpowered by the blue cheese bits. 1/2 to 3/4
of a yellow pepper. 8-10 pieces of bacon fried, drained and broken up.
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese

Add the dressing to the salad not more than a half hour before serving, so
it stays crunchy. If you're not going to serve it all at once. Mix up half
of the cabbage and dressing, and save the remainder for lunch with
something the next day, mixing just before serving.

Posted by Brigid at 6:50 PM

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thank you.