Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Independance Day Menu

since you like the res... definitely try the honey mead from oliver and the
semi sweet tye sell also the muscotto asti, gramby can give you the correct
spellings of these, all are good, Lee
"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 05:34:56 GMT, "Brick" >
> wrote:
>

>>On 5-Jul-2009, Desideria > wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:10:16 -0700 (PDT), Dana K6JQ

>>> Nope, never heard of Bevmo. And Denny prefers sweeter wine to dryer
>>> wine, so I hafta find the white Zins (though I would prefer a change
>>> sometimes!).
>>>

>>Assuming Denny likes a white Zin, you might like to try a Liebfraumilch
>>and or a Blue Nun. I like those and also I like some cheap table wines
>>particularly Paisano and the Carlo Rossi Burgandy. Truth be known
>>I'm a Peter Lore of wine. "They're all good".

> I like Rose; haven't had any in years. I like the Riesling much
> better than I do White Zin. Liebraumilch and Blue Nun--yeah, those
> are good. There are some lighter-tasting reds, too, I think.
> Burgundy of course is way full-bodied for me (though if one is making
> Sangria...). IIRC, some Syrah is ok. Heck, I've had Chianti I liked.
>
> As of right now--leaving bubblies out of the discussion--Riesling's my
> favorite, but it's been so long since I've had any Rose (or Crackling
> Rose), I can't say about it now.
>
> --
> -denny-
>
> Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
> an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
> --David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans
>
> Know the signs!
> http://www.heartinfo.org/ms/guides/9/main.html

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

description/recipe prep would be greatly appreciated, Lee
"VegA" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 14:10:41 -0700, "Nonny" > wrote:
>

>>"VegA" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Spaghetti ice cream for desert
>>>
>>> What is everyone else fixin?
>>>

>>Wow, we're heading out at the end of the month to the son's place
>>and we have grandkids there. I was starting to think about
>>something cool that Grandpa could take his girls and then you
>>mentioned the Spaghetti ice cream. I'd never heard of it, so I
>>did a Google search and TWO of them are now on order. Very good-
>>and thanks for this indirect help to a continual problem of what
>>to take the kids.

> Sorry. A good quality potato ricer costs less and does the same thing.
> Guess I should have explained. I might have been able to save you some
> $$$.
>

> --
>
> " Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
> illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous
> mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is
> entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Lee, going to spell this for your screen readers benefit. Hush Nick!
M o s c a t o . . . D ' A s t i.
Craft person that I am, can't figure a blame thing to do with the cobalt
blue bottles.

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
>i drink a honey mead by oliver of bloomington IN that is great with any
>bird and most pork, i just got a semi sweet from the same place and it is
>fabulous with anything, enough sweet but not sickly so... and i love
>anything that says muscotto, SP, Sam'club has one in a blue bottle for
>about 12 bucks that is great with food or stand alone as a drink or have
>two and call it dessert, Lee
> "Desideria" > wrote in message
>> On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:10:16 -0700 (PDT), Dana K6JQ
>> > wrote:

>>>Hands down, a good dry Rose is amazingly flexible. Sadly, there
>>>aren't
>>>a lot of widely-available dry Roses, and White Zinfandel is a sad
>>>shadow of their greatness.
>>>
>>>Some good ones you can find at Bevmo (not sure if there's one local
>>>to you):
>>>
>>>Big House Pink
>>>Bonny Doon Vin Gris de Cigare
>>>Heitz Cellars Grignolino Rose
>>>
>>>... or you can try some of the White Zins, not all of them are
>>>so sweet. But the point is, a well-made dry Rose is so fruit-forward
>>>you're sure it has sugar, but it's so clean and crisp that it doesn't
>>>coat your mouth in an funky aftertaste.
>>>
>>>But - a White Zin might be just what Denny likes. They're not
>>>very expensive, either, try a few.
>>>
>>>Dana

>> Nope, never heard of Bevmo. And Denny prefers sweeter wine to dryer
>> wine, so I hafta find the white Zins (though I would prefer a change
>> sometimes!).
>>

>> Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hey girl, these are nice people, They don't drink their wine out of a brown
paper bag. At least I hope not.
"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> if you enjoy wine go and look at www.bumwines.com you will never look at
> wine the same,
>
> WARNING!!! keep a clean up towel handy if you are drinking anything while
> you read.
>
> Lee
> "Brick" > wrote in message
> ster.com...
>>
>> On 5-Jul-2009, Desideria > wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:10:16 -0700 (PDT), Dana K6JQ

>>> Nope, never heard of Bevmo. And Denny prefers sweeter wine to dryer
>>> wine, so I hafta find the white Zins (though I would prefer a change
>>> sometimes!).
>>>

>>> Desideria

>> Assuming Denny likes a white Zin, you might like to try a Liebfraumilch
>> and or a Blue Nun. I like those and also I like some cheap table wines
>> particularly Paisano and the Carlo Rossi Burgandy. Truth be known
>> I'm a Peter Lore of wine. "They're all good".
>>
>> --
>> Brick said that

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Hey Lee, I can get them in Terre Haute, we could make a Wine Road Trip, or
maybe not.
"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> kroger? fryer tuck? Lee
> "Desideria" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 05:34:56 GMT, "Brick" >
>> wrote:
>>

>>>On 5-Jul-2009, Desideria > wrote:
>>>

>>>Assuming Denny likes a white Zin, you might like to try a Liebfraumilch
>>>and or a Blue Nun. I like those and also I like some cheap table wines
>>>particularly Paisano and the Carlo Rossi Burgandy. Truth be known
>>>I'm a Peter Lore of wine. "They're all good".

>> I've been looking all over for a Liebfraumilch or Blue Nun, but they
>> don't seem to be available in this area (Seattle/Everett vicinity).
>>

>> Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:47:57 -0500, "Granby" > wrote:

>Hey girl, these are nice people, They don't drink their wine out of a brown
>paper bag. At least I hope not.

<hic!>

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Now there must be a lady otherwise it would have been a <BURP>
"Desideria" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:47:57 -0500, "Granby" > wrote:
>
>>Hey girl, these are nice people, They don't drink their wine out of a
>>brown
>>paper bag. At least I hope not.

> <hic!>
>

> Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Granby" > wrote:
> Lee, going to spell this for your screen readers benefit. Hush Nick!

[ . . . ]

Au contraire, Granby. I want to send the screen reader info to my kid
brother, whose diabetes complications are blinding him more and more by the
day. Please either post it here or eat my SPAM to email it to me. Thanks.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

hide them in the tras, or save up until you get a whole bag and set it on
your next door's steps so everyone thinks she drank them, Lee
"Granby" > wrote in message
> Lee, going to spell this for your screen readers benefit. Hush Nick!
> M o s c a t o . . . D ' A s t i.
> Craft person that I am, can't figure a blame thing to do with the cobalt
> blue bottles.
>
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>>i drink a honey mead by oliver of bloomington IN that is great with any
>>bird and most pork, i just got a semi sweet from the same place and it is
>>fabulous with anything, enough sweet but not sickly so... and i love
>>anything that says muscotto, SP, Sam'club has one in a blue bottle for
>>about 12 bucks that is great with food or stand alone as a drink or have
>>two and call it dessert, Lee
>> "Desideria" > wrote in message
>>> On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 18:10:16 -0700 (PDT), Dana K6JQ

>>> Nope, never heard of Bevmo. And Denny prefers sweeter wine to dryer
>>> wine, so I hafta find the white Zins (though I would prefer a change
>>> sometimes!).
>>>

>>> Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I know they are nice people but you know not much makes me LOL and that site
did, I drank wine while DH read it to me, and the next day without wine, it
is a complete hoot, Lee...

i was a bit chagrined to realize i did recognise some of the discussed
wines,

"Granby" > wrote in message
> Hey girl, these are nice people, They don't drink their wine out of a
> brown paper bag. At least I hope not.
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> if you enjoy wine go and look at www.bumwines.com you will never look at
>> wine the same,
>>
>> WARNING!!! keep a clean up towel handy if you are drinking anything while
>> you read.
>>
>> Lee
>> "Brick" > wrote in message
>> ster.com...

>>> Assuming Denny likes a white Zin, you might like to try a Liebfraumilch
>>> and or a Blue Nun. I like those and also I like some cheap table wines
>>> particularly Paisano and the Carlo Rossi Burgandy. Truth be known
>>> I'm a Peter Lore of wine. "They're all good".
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brick said that

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

lol, Lee
"Desideria" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:47:57 -0500, "Granby" > wrote:
>
>>Hey girl, these are nice people, They don't drink their wine out of a
>>brown
>>paper bag. At least I hope not.

> <hic!>
>

> Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

and i was just thinking there is more likley a 44 in the bag Lee

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> Granby said:
>> Hey girl, these are nice people, They don't drink their wine out of
>> a brown paper bag. At least I hope not.

> Doesn't work for me. The damn bag leaks every time.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

sure a road trip works for me, DH will be driving so we'll be forced to do
all the tasting, Lee
"Granby" > wrote in message
> Hey Lee, I can get them in Terre Haute, we could make a Wine Road Trip, or
> maybe not.
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> kroger? fryer tuck? Lee
>> "Desideria" > wrote in message

>>> I've been looking all over for a Liebfraumilch or Blue Nun, but they
>>> don't seem to be available in this area (Seattle/Everett vicinity).
>>>

>>> Desideria

Why Taco Bell is turning its health menu into a muscle menu Travis McGee General Cooking 2 12-07-2014 02:48 PM
D-Day Menu Mack A. Damia General Cooking 4 07-06-2009 07:15 PM
Help with Menu Gigi General Cooking 16 05-03-2004 07:01 PM
V-day menu: What do you think? Erica General Cooking 29 13-02-2004 02:51 AM