Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default What cookin' show was this?

I tuned into a cable outdoor cookery show and watched a confessed
Michigan Yankee fire up about 7 different grills/smokers: kettles, WSM,
gas grills, horizontal drum, etc. The setting was a big outdoor area
with a giant stone fireplace that you could see a whole pig fitting into
with ease. Once he had everything going there was more smoke in the air
than a SoCo brush fire. Occasionally the smoke drift would obscure the
entire TV image!

The guy apologized to viewers for being a Yankee telling Southerners how
to BBQ :-)

jOhN - in Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"jOhN" > wrote in message
>I tuned into a cable outdoor cookery show and watched a confessed Michigan
>Yankee fire up about 7 different grills/smokers: kettles, WSM, gas grills,
>horizontal drum, etc. The setting was a big outdoor area with a giant stone
>fireplace that you could see a whole pig fitting into with ease. Once he
>had everything going there was more smoke in the air than a SoCo brush
>fire. Occasionally the smoke drift would obscure the entire TV image!
>
> The guy apologized to viewers for being a Yankee telling Southerners how
> to BBQ :-)
>
> jOhN - in Texas

Steven Raichlen?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"cooter" > wrote:
> "jOhN" > wrote in message

> >I tuned into a cable outdoor cookery show and watched a confessed
> >Michigan Yankee fire up about 7 different grills/smokers: kettles, WSM,
> >gas grills, horizontal drum, etc. The setting was a big outdoor area
> >with a giant stone fireplace that you could see a whole pig fitting into
> >with ease. Once he had everything going there was more smoke in the air
> >than a SoCo brush fire. Occasionally the smoke drift would obscure the
> >entire TV image!
> >
> > The guy apologized to viewers for being a Yankee telling Southerners
> > how to BBQ :-)
> >
> > jOhN - in Texas

> Steven Raichlen?

If it wasn't for the Michigan reference, I would've thought Bobby Flay. He
makes some exotic grub, but can't Q ta save his butt!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "cooter" > wrote:
>> "jOhN" > wrote in message

>>> I tuned into a cable outdoor cookery show and watched a confessed
>>> Michigan Yankee fire up about 7 different grills/smokers: kettles, WSM,
>>> gas grills, horizontal drum, etc. The setting was a big outdoor area
>>> with a giant stone fireplace that you could see a whole pig fitting into
>>> with ease. Once he had everything going there was more smoke in the air
>>> than a SoCo brush fire. Occasionally the smoke drift would obscure the
>>> entire TV image!
>>>
>>> The guy apologized to viewers for being a Yankee telling Southerners
>>> how to BBQ :-)
>>>
>>> jOhN - in Texas

>> Steven Raichlen?

> If it wasn't for the Michigan reference, I would've thought Bobby Flay. He
> makes some exotic grub, but can't Q ta save his butt!

Bobby Flay is a fake. He grills. He doesn't Q. He puts hot peppers into
everything to hide the fact that he can't flavor anything. JMHO

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > [ . . . ]
> > If it wasn't for the Michigan reference, I would've thought Bobby Flay.
> > He makes some exotic grub, but can't Q ta save his butt!

> Bobby Flay is a fake. He grills. He doesn't Q. He puts hot peppers into
> everything to hide the fact that he can't flavor anything. JMHO

I thought that's what I said? Yee haw ! ! !

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

meghna........hot thigh show...wants to show her pussy while cross leg coolgirl General Cooking 0 18-12-2010 03:39 PM
Too hot for cookin' Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 37 08-08-2010 11:52 PM
BAD COOKIN BULLFRONG45 General Cooking 0 06-11-2007 02:40 AM
San Diego Cookin (Okay, Poway Cookin) 2 REC Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 16 24-06-2004 01:34 AM
TV Show premier tonight: "Cookin' in Brooklyn" Curly Sue General Cooking 0 06-01-2004 12:40 AM