Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

Default Durian waste -> charcoal

http://www.pia.gov.ph/default.asp?m=...0526.htm&no=04

The City Government of Davao and the Department of Environment and
Natural Resources may have finally found a solution to the
truckloads of durian waste left behind especially during the durian
season. ...

"Davao City is world-famous for its agricultural resources
particularly durian. However, the demand for durian among locals
and tourists is such that the city is left with trucks of durian
waste when durian season comes," Zozobrado said.

One remedy to this problem, she said, is the establishment of a
community-based project involving charcoal production out of durian
waste.

--
I put bomb in squirrel's briefcase and who gets blown up? Me!
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

Adam Funk wrote:

> One remedy to this problem, she said, is the establishment of a
> community-based project involving charcoal production out of durian
> waste.

I can't imagine what it smells like as it's burning. But as long as it's
odor free by the time I cook with it...

If anybody hasn't tried durian, get one next time you see one. Buy the
whole fruit for about $8-$10. It's an amazing fruit. It's like eating a
tropical fruit custard.

-sw
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

On May 27, 12:42*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Adam Funk wrote:
> > * *One remedy to this problem, she said, is the establishment of a
> > * *community-based project involving charcoal production out of durian
> > * *waste.

> I can't imagine what it smells like as it's burning. *But as long as it's
> odor free by the time I cook with it...
>
> If anybody hasn't tried durian, get one next time you see one. *Buy the
> whole fruit for about $8-$10. *It's an amazing fruit. *It's like eating a
> tropical fruit custard.
>
> -sw

.. . .the smell from hell (think toe-jam). . .the taste from heaven.
I think it'd make a nice ice cream though.
Pierre

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

On May 27, 8:05*pm, Adam Funk > wrote:
> http://www.pia.gov.ph/default.asp?m=...0526.htm&no=04
>
> * *"Davao City is world-famous for its agricultural resources
> * *particularly durian. However, the demand for durian among locals
> * *and tourists is such that the city is left with trucks of durian
> * *waste when durian season comes," Zozobrado said.

Surely these people are not "thinking" "outside" the "box" - why not
sell the trucks to canny investors? I presume a truck filled with
durian waste would be worth more then an empty truck, perhaps.

Otherwise, they could probably dry the waste and weave it into a
crude, hessian-like fabric, suitable for tents, and also pants that
fit poorly.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz > wrote:
> Adam Funk wrote:
>
> > One remedy to this problem, she said, is the establishment of a
> > community-based project involving charcoal production out of durian
> > waste.

> I can't imagine what it smells like as it's burning. But as long as it's
> odor free by the time I cook with it...
>
> If anybody hasn't tried durian, get one next time you see one. Buy the
> whole fruit for about $8-$10. It's an amazing fruit. It's like eating a
> tropical fruit custard.

Steve is sure right about that. I've had them fresh picked at a durian farm
in Thailand. Jun knows how to pick the sweet ones at the market. I love
them! Once you get past the smell, you fall in love. Actually, I like the
smell, too.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz > wrote:
> Adam Funk wrote:
>
> > One remedy to this problem, she said, is the establishment of a
> > community-based project involving charcoal production out of durian
> > waste.

> I can't imagine what it smells like as it's burning. But as long as it's
> odor free by the time I cook with it...
>
> If anybody hasn't tried durian, get one next time you see one. Buy the
> whole fruit for about $8-$10. It's an amazing fruit. It's like eating a
> tropical fruit custard.

Steve is sure right about that. I've had them fresh picked at a durian farm
in Thailand. Jun knows how to pick the sweet ones at the market. I love
them! Once you get past the smell, you fall in love. Actually, I like the
smell, too.

Damnit, Steve! Why did you crosspost this to kibo and catch me, too?

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

On 2009-05-27, Sqwertz wrote:

> If anybody hasn't tried durian, get one next time you see one. Buy the
> whole fruit for about $8-$10. It's an amazing fruit. It's like eating a
> tropical fruit custard.

Wow. When I've seen them (rarely) in Chinese/SE-Asian groceries in
the UK, they've been £20 to £30. (I couldn't convince myself it was
worth that much just to try it.)

--
Bob just used 'canonical' in the canonical way. [Guy Steele]
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 28 May 2009 09:48:02 GMT, Nick Cramer wrote:

> Damnit, Steve! Why did you crosspost this to kibo and catch me, too?

I didn't even notice or I *would* have trimmed that crossposting. I
posted it from Seamonkey at work and wasn't paying attention
(Seamonkey doesn't warn you). I should have recognized the name of
the OP as one of "them".

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 27 May 2009 13:05:38 +0100, Adam Funk >
wrote:

>http://www.pia.gov.ph/default.asp?m=...0526.htm&no=04
>
> The City Government of Davao and the Department of Environment and
> Natural Resources may have finally found a solution to the
> truckloads of durian waste left behind especially during the durian
> season. ...
>
> "Davao City is world-famous for its agricultural resources
> particularly durian. However, the demand for durian among locals
> and tourists is such that the city is left with trucks of durian
> waste when durian season comes," Zozobrado said.
>
> One remedy to this problem, she said, is the establishment of a
> community-based project involving charcoal production out of durian
> waste.

When eating durian choose an open well ventilated site. The smell of a
durian is very strong and lasts a long time in an enclosed space. They
taste very good though, like custard.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Jack wrote:

> When eating durian choose an open well ventilated site. The smell of a
> durian is very strong and lasts a long time in an enclosed space. They
> taste very good though, like custard.

I really don't think they smell that bad. Like rotten fruit, no big deal.

Then again I don't think my feet smell bad, either.

-sw

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

On 2009-05-29, Sqwertz wrote:

> On 28 May 2009 09:48:02 GMT, Nick Cramer wrote:
>
>> Damnit, Steve! Why did you crosspost this to kibo and catch me, too?

Kibo hasn't been spotted for a while.

> I didn't even notice or I *would* have trimmed that crossposting. I
> posted it from Seamonkey at work and wasn't paying attention
> (Seamonkey doesn't warn you).

Glowing monkeys?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...nkeys-germline

(We want flying monkeys!)

--
Taken on the whole however this is a fine disc and a good example of
the current pop scene attempting to break out of its vulgarisms and
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

On 2009-05-29, Sqwertz wrote:

> I really don't think they smell that bad. Like rotten fruit, no big deal.
>
> Then again I don't think my feet smell bad, either.

Feet got no nose!

--
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of
the American public. [Mencken]
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

Adam Funk > wrote in
news
[Snips]
> Glowing monkeys?

No thanks, I've just put one out.

All the best,

John.
--
In what method shall we implement the matrix of this government display
picnic?
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

On 2009-06-02, Adam Funk > wrote:

> On 2009-05-29, Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On 28 May 2009 09:48:02 GMT, Nick Cramer wrote:
>>
>>> Damnit, Steve! Why did you crosspost this to kibo and catch me, too?

> Kibo hasn't been spotted for a while.

Spot hasn't been kiboed either. Poor Spot!

>> I didn't even notice or I *would* have trimmed that crossposting. I
>> posted it from Seamonkey at work and wasn't paying attention
>> (Seamonkey doesn't warn you).

> Glowing monkeys?
>
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...nkeys-germline
>
> (We want flying monkeys!)

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

"Bill Marcum" > wrote

>> Kibo hasn't been spotted for a while.
>>

> Spot hasn't been kiboned either. Poor Spot!

IFYPFY.

--oTTo--

Durian Helpful person General Cooking 21 09-04-2013 04:12 PM
Original Charcoal - Rancher's Natural Charcoal Sqwertz[_27_] Barbecue 25 16-04-2009 04:32 AM
Gas grills vs charcoal and Lava Charcoal Rocks or tiles or flavor bars etc? markm75 General Cooking 31 14-05-2007 05:11 AM
Gas grills vs charcoal (and Lava Charcoal Rocks or tiles or flavor bars etc)? markm75 Barbecue 11 12-05-2007 06:15 PM
Durian Peter Dy Asian Cooking 8 08-10-2003 03:54 PM