Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default (bbq) Easy to make sauce suggestions please

"RegForte" > wrote in message
> Nunya Bidnits wrote:
>
>> You can make your own chipotle in a smoker if you just have access to red
>> ripe jalapenos. Smoke them until they are wrinkly and brownish, or until
>> your fire runs out, and then finish them off in a dehydrator, or just in
>> the
>> hot sun on dry towels or paper towels. If you don't use a dehydrator you
>> need to be sure the sun is hot enough to dry them out before they spoil.

> Have you found a difference using red japs over green? So far I haven't,
> but I might need to find a better supplier or something.

There's a huge difference between Red and Green. Reds are sweet and fruity
green has a tobacco flavor

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 17:57:22 -0700, "Mike"
> wrote:

>"RegForte" > wrote in message
. ..
>> Nunya Bidnits wrote:
>>
>>> You can make your own chipotle in a smoker if you just have access to red
>>> ripe jalapenos. Smoke them until they are wrinkly and brownish, or until
>>> your fire runs out, and then finish them off in a dehydrator, or just in
>>> the
>>> hot sun on dry towels or paper towels. If you don't use a dehydrator you
>>> need to be sure the sun is hot enough to dry them out before they spoil.

>> Have you found a difference using red japs over green? So far I haven't,
>> but I might need to find a better supplier or something.

>There's a huge difference between Red and Green. Reds are sweet and fruity
>green has a tobacco flavor

Cool!

The price of cigs has gone up and growing tobacco and processing it
for cigs. is a complicated pain. Now I can Just buy some green japs
and somkem!

Thanks!

J/K! I couldn't resist

--

" Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous

How To Make Nutella At Home very easy Cooking7g General Cooking 6 01-08-2015 06:26 PM
How to make perfect eggs over easy? pamjd General Cooking 23 08-08-2007 10:04 PM
Easy to make snacks Dipsee Recipes 0 31-10-2006 09:49 AM
Easy to make Pancakes [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 20-04-2006 03:15 AM
Help need easy recipe to make for my family Kerry General Cooking 21 12-02-2005 02:55 PM