Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default (bbq) Bone-in Brisket

I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 23, 10:10*am, Frank Mancuso > wrote:
> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

Color me stupid but I don't think I've ever seen a bone-in brisket.
Guess I've been lucky over all these 50 years of doing 'em that I
haven't got one yet.

-frohe
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 23, 11:48*am, frohe > wrote:

> Color me stupid but I don't think I've ever seen a bone-in brisket.
> Guess I've been lucky over all these 50 years of doing 'em that I
> haven't got one yet.

Well... me neither.

It is my favorite victim on the pit, and with all of them that I have
smoked or participated in their demise in the last 35+ years, I
haven't ever seen a brisket with a bone.

Robert
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Frank Mancuso wrote:

> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

Post pics of this cut, please. I'd love to see what a
bone-in brisket looks like.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 23-May-2009, Frank Mancuso > wrote:

> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

There is no bone in brisket. Fourteen pounds is a nice size for briskets.
They usually run a couple pounds less around here (Wally World).
You can expect 40% cooking loss or even more depending on how
much fat you start with.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Not wanting to shoot my mouth off, I was glad I didn't. According to
this, you actually could get a proper brisket meat with some bone(s)
in it.

"According to the USDA Institutional Meat Purchasing Standard (IMPS),
a beef brisket as it's cut from a side of beef "includes the anterior
end of the sternum bones, the deep pectoral, and the supraspinatus
muscle. Evidence of the cartilaginous juncture of the 1st rib and the
sternum and the cross section of 4 rib bones shall be present."

BUT... it also goes on to say that this particular configuration of a
brisket is NOT a supermarket brisket. I would suppose though, that
you could get one from a processing meat cutter. We have many around
here, but I never thought to ask.

Cite:

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/brisketselect.html

Scroll down to "brisket defined".

Article contains hot link to USDA definition of a brisket as source of
information.

Who knew? Glad I didn't bet any money on that one!

Robert
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Frank Mancuso wrote:
> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

I find the largest briskets are generally the toughest. I try to buy the one
that's the floppiest when I lift it in the middle.

Brisket is like your pectoral muscle - there is no bone in it. Some butcher made
a mistake, or should I say misteak .. :-)

GWE
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 23, 10:10*am, Frank Mancuso > wrote:
> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

I just wonder, that sometimes the fat cap in a brisket can be unusally
large and dry(almost yellow) and perhaps in its packaging it was
mistaken for a piece of bone.
Pierre
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Frank Mancuso wrote:
> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

I've been making brisket in one form or another for over 40 years and
I've never found a bone in it.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Grant Erwin" > wrote in message
> Frank Mancuso wrote:
>> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the damn
>> thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back and get
>> one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

> I find the largest briskets are generally the toughest. I try to buy the
> one that's the floppiest when I lift it in the middle.
>
> Brisket is like your pectoral muscle - there is no bone in it. Some
> butcher made a mistake, or should I say misteak .. :-)
>
> GWE

Yes Brick and Grant, one can purchase a brisket with a bone attached.
BUTT not often
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 23-May-2009, "Brick" > wrote:

> On 23-May-2009, Frank Mancuso > wrote:
>
> > I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> > damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> > and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

> There is no bone in brisket. Fourteen pounds is a nice size for briskets.
> They usually run a couple pounds less around here (Wally World).
> You can expect 40% cooking loss or even more depending on how
> much fat you start with.
>
> --
> Brick

Well shet my mouf! I guess if you buy direct from a packing plant you
can in fact get a bone-in brisket. I've sure never seen one in a grocery
store. I don't get around to packing plants much. And if I did, I don't
think I'd want to cook up a brisket with the bone(s) in it.
--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 23, 5:27*pm, "Brick" > wrote:

> Well shet my mouf! I guess if you buy direct from a packing plant you
> can in fact get a bone-in brisket. I've sure never seen one in a grocery
> store.

Exactly my reaction. In all my years of burning beef, until that
post I had never heard of a brisket with a bone!

And like the link said, we aren't gonna see those boney briskets in
the supermarket.

I am now figuring out which one of my "expert" in all fields
associates I can skin lunch out of on a bet. That bet has to be a no
brainer!

I think I'll bet a brisket sandwich. ;^)

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Frank Mancuso wrote:
> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

Couple pics posted on a.b.f.
I may just have to get one and see.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 23, 8:15*pm, Frank Mancuso > wrote:
> Frank Mancuso wrote:
> > I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> > damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> > and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

> Couple pics posted on a.b.f.
> I may just have to get one and see.

I couldn'd make out what the description on the label says. Strange
looking thing, anyways.
Pierre
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 23, 11:10*am, Frank Mancuso > wrote:
> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

As to cooking it with the bone in, I would not try to remove the bone
before cooking. I base this on how easily the bone(s) just pull out of
a pork butt after cooking. It will pull out with just your fingers.
I'm sure the ones in a brisket that have been on the grill for hours &
hours will do the same. I would gamble that they would rather than
fight with it uncooked.
Good Luck with that monster, sounds delicious!! Do let us know how it
turns out!!
Nan in DE

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 23 May 2009 09:48:43 -0700 (PDT), frohe wrote:

> On May 23, 10:10*am, Frank Mancuso > wrote:
>> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
>> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
>> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

> Color me stupid but I don't think I've ever seen a bone-in brisket.
> Guess I've been lucky over all these 50 years of doing 'em that I
> haven't got one yet.

5 hits on Google for "Bone-in Beef Brisket" (none useful). I've
heard of them, but never seen them. I looked it up int he IMPS and
sure enough, it's a legit cut of beef. It's a #118 - it even has a
number all it's own.

Beef Brisket
This item includes the anterior end of the sternum
bones, the deep pectoral, and the (web) supraspinatus
muscle. The brisket is separated from the foreshank
as specified in Item No. 117. The arm and the short
plate sides shall be straight cuts that form an
approximate right angle. Evidence of the cartilaginous
juncture of the 1st rib and the sternum and the cross
section of 4 rib bones shall be present. The heart fat
shall be closely removed.

----

Like I said int he 0other group, I don't think the bone add much
except awkwardness.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 23 May 2009 10:08:58 -0700, RegForte wrote:

> Frank Mancuso wrote:
>
>> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
>> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
>> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

> Post pics of this cut, please. I'd love to see what a
> bone-in brisket looks like.

I'm curious, too. So go buy one and get back to us ;-)

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 23 May 2009 17:34:51 GMT, Brick wrote:

> On 23-May-2009, Frank Mancuso > wrote:
>
>> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
>> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
>> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

> There is no bone in brisket.

Have they invented a boneless cow?

All meat has bones. And all bones have meat (except maybe those ear
bones).

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 23 May 2009 10:08:58 -0700, RegForte wrote:
>
>>Post pics of this cut, please. I'd love to see what a
>>bone-in brisket looks like.

> I'm curious, too. So go buy one and get back to us ;-)

That's the hard part. I couldn't find such a thing in the NAMP guide.
All of the brisket cuts (NAMP 120x) are boneless.

I think the only way to get one of these is to take a knife
to a cow.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 24 May 2009 13:48:43 -0700, RegForte wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 23 May 2009 10:08:58 -0700, RegForte wrote:
>>
>>>Post pics of this cut, please. I'd love to see what a
>>>bone-in brisket looks like.

>> I'm curious, too. So go buy one and get back to us ;-)

> That's the hard part. I couldn't find such a thing in the NAMP guide.
> All of the brisket cuts (NAMP 120x) are boneless.

It's a #118 in my IMPS. Go back a couple pages. It's not listed in
the TOC.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 24, 1:58*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> 5 hits on Google for "Bone-in Beef Brisket" (none useful). *I've
> heard of them, but never seen them. *I looked it up int he IMPS and
> sure enough, it's a legit cut of beef. *It's a #118 - it even has a
> number all it's own.

Ok, guess I've been lucky all these years to never butt heads with a
bone-in brisket.

Ya learn something new everyday.

-frohe
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message ...
> Not wanting to shoot my mouth off, I was glad I didn't. According to
> this, you actually could get a proper brisket meat with some bone(s)
> in it.
>
> "According to the USDA Institutional Meat Purchasing Standard (IMPS),
> a beef brisket as it's cut from a side of beef "includes the anterior
> end of the sternum bones, the deep pectoral, and the supraspinatus
> muscle. Evidence of the cartilaginous juncture of the 1st rib and the
> sternum and the cross section of 4 rib bones shall be present."
>
> BUT... it also goes on to say that this particular configuration of a
> brisket is NOT a supermarket brisket. I would suppose though, that
> you could get one from a processing meat cutter. We have many around
> here, but I never thought to ask.
>
> Cite:
>
> http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/brisketselect.html
>
> Scroll down to "brisket defined".
>
> Article contains hot link to USDA definition of a brisket as source of
> information.
>
> Who knew? Glad I didn't bet any money on that one!
>
> Robert

before supermarkets and cyro-vac, when the butcher parted out
a side of beef with a handsaw, cleaver, and a band saw, many
sold briskets bone-in, as I recall.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"frohe" > wrote in message ...
On May 24, 1:58 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> 5 hits on Google for "Bone-in Beef Brisket" (none useful). I've
> heard of them, but never seen them. I looked it up int he IMPS and
> sure enough, it's a legit cut of beef. It's a #118 - it even has a
> number all it's own.

Ok, guess I've been lucky all these years to never butt heads with a
bone-in brisket.

Ya learn something new everyday.

-frohe

I think I remember seeing one in the case while we were waiting
for them to finish candling the eggs. ;-)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 24 May 2009 18:51:46 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 24 May 2009 13:48:43 -0700, RegForte wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> I'm curious, too. So go buy one and get back to us ;-)

>> That's the hard part. I couldn't find such a thing in the NAMP guide.
>> All of the brisket cuts (NAMP 120x) are boneless.

> It's a #118 in my IMPS. Go back a couple pages. It's not listed in
> the TOC.

BTW: I could never find another copy of the NAMP Bible
electronically. Did you ever find one? You had one at one point
but that link died, IIRC.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:

> BTW: I could never find another copy of the NAMP Bible
> electronically. Did you ever find one? You had one at one point
> but that link died, IIRC.

It's gone, sorry. I should have spidered it. One of the rare times
in life where I actually made a mistake (cough).

So far NAMP is doing a pretty good job of restricting the material
to printed form. A bunch of sites with comprehensive NAMP info seemed
to disappear in a short time. I get the feeling they may have contacted
websites that posted their material and made them take it down, though
I don't know that for sure.

If I had an extra hour or two I'd just get it over with and
scan the thing.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 25 May 2009 11:18:44 -0700, RegForte wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> BTW: I could never find another copy of the NAMP Bible
>> electronically. Did you ever find one? You had one at one point
>> but that link died, IIRC.

> It's gone, sorry. I should have spidered it. One of the rare times
> in life where I actually made a mistake (cough).
>
> So far NAMP is doing a pretty good job of restricting the material
> to printed form. A bunch of sites with comprehensive NAMP info seemed
> to disappear in a short time. I get the feeling they may have contacted
> websites that posted their material and made them take it down, though
> I don't know that for sure.
>
> If I had an extra hour or two I'd just get it over with and
> scan the thing.

I've even searched all the bittorrent sites ;-) Long shot, I know.

BTW: I was confusing NAMP and IMPS when I said it was #118, which
it is - on IMPS. But I have no idea what NAMP says about brisket.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 25 May 2009 16:54:13 -0700, Denny Wheeler wrote:

> On Sun, 24 May 2009 14:05:19 -0500, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 23 May 2009 10:48:21 -0700 (PDT),
>>wrote:
>>
>>> Not wanting to shoot my mouth off, I was glad I didn't. According to
>>> this, you actually could get a proper brisket meat with some bone(s)
>>> in it.
>>>
>>> "According to the USDA Institutional Meat Purchasing Standard (IMPS),
>>> a beef brisket as it's cut from a side of beef "includes the anterior
>>> end of the sternum bones, the deep pectoral, and the supraspinatus
>>> muscle. Evidence of the cartilaginous juncture of the 1st rib and the
>>> sternum and the cross section of 4 rib bones shall be present."
>>>
>>> BUT... it also goes on to say that this particular configuration of a
>>> brisket is NOT a supermarket brisket.

>>The IMPS does not say that

> Proof would consist in posting at least some of what the IMPS does
> say--"it doesn't say that" is about as useful as "neener, neener."

I already *did* post exactly what it said. And it's a fact.
There;'s no neener anyhing. It doesn't say that. Period. I have
the IMPS and know exactly what it says. Nailbiter doesn't.

Here it is, aagain <sigh>

Beef Brisket #118

This item includes the anterior end of the sternum
bones, the deep pectoral, and the (web) supraspinatus
muscle. The brisket is separated from the foreshank
as specified in Item No. 117. The arm and the short
plate sides shall be straight cuts that form an
approximate right angle. Evidence of the cartilaginous
juncture of the 1st rib and the sternum and the cross
section of 4 rib bones shall be present. The heart fat
shall be closely removed.

Then it goes onto the boneless beef brisket. No commentary on what
is or isn't a "supermarket brisket". That is not within the scope
of the IMPS.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 27-May-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:

> In ster.com,
> Brick > typed:

> >> There is no bone in brisket. Fourteen pounds is a nice size for
> >> briskets. They usually run a couple pounds less around here (Wally
> >> World).
> >> You can expect 40% cooking loss or even more depending on how
> >> much fat you start with.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Brick

> > Well shet my mouf! I guess if you buy direct from a packing plant you
> > can in fact get a bone-in brisket. I've sure never seen one in a
> > grocery store. I don't get around to packing plants much. And if I
> > did, I don't think I'd want to cook up a brisket with the bone(s) in
> > it.

> Imagine turning in bone in brisket for competition. Give each judge a
> portion with one of those little rib bits specified.
>
> I guess if you don't like your KCBS reps for a particular contest, it
> could
> be a bit of fun. The rules don't specify "boneless brisket". Muaahaahaaa!
>
> MartyB in KC

Tickle my funny bone. Methinks you have an evil steak in you Marty.
Wouldn't that be fun though?

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 28 May 2009 03:07:41 GMT, "Brick"
> wrote:

>On 27-May-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
>
>> In ster.com,
>> Brick > typed:

>> > Well shet my mouf! I guess if you buy direct from a packing plant you
>> > can in fact get a bone-in brisket. I've sure never seen one in a
>> > grocery store. I don't get around to packing plants much. And if I
>> > did, I don't think I'd want to cook up a brisket with the bone(s) in
>> > it.

>> Imagine turning in bone in brisket for competition. Give each judge a
>> portion with one of those little rib bits specified.
>>
>> I guess if you don't like your KCBS reps for a particular contest, it
>> could
>> be a bit of fun. The rules don't specify "boneless brisket". Muaahaahaaa!
>>
>> MartyB in KC

>Tickle my funny bone. Methinks you have an evil steak in you Marty.
>Wouldn't that be fun though?

An 'evil steak' would be appropriate here, wouldn't it?

Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 27-May-2009, Desideria > wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 2009 03:07:41 GMT, "Brick"
> > wrote:
>

> >On 27-May-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
> >
> >> In ster.com,
> >> Brick > typed:

.. ..

> >Tickle my funny bone. Methinks you have an evil steak in you Marty.
> >Wouldn't that be fun though?

> An 'evil steak' would be appropriate here, wouldn't it?
>

> Desideria

Damn, you jumped on my type before I saw it. Freudian slip on my part
maybe, hey?
--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 28 May 2009 03:45:41 GMT, "Brick"
> wrote:

>On 27-May-2009, Desideria > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 May 2009 03:07:41 GMT, "Brick"
>> > wrote:

>. ..
>

>> >Tickle my funny bone. Methinks you have an evil steak in you Marty.
>> >Wouldn't that be fun though?

>> An 'evil steak' would be appropriate here, wouldn't it?
>>

>> Desideria

>Damn, you jumped on my type before I saw it. Freudian slip on my part
>maybe, hey?

the problem is getting our hands on that steak and barbecuing or
grilling it, as I suspect Marty would object. The process would be
fun, though!

(What exactly would an 'evil steak' be, anyway? What differentiates it
from a t-bone or porterhouse or whatever?)

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 27-May-2009, Desideria > wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 2009 03:45:41 GMT, "Brick"
> > wrote:
>

> >On 27-May-2009, Desideria > wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 28 May 2009 03:07:41 GMT, "Brick"

> >. ..

> >> An 'evil steak' would be appropriate here, wouldn't it?
> >>

> >> Desideria

> >Damn, you jumped on my type before I saw it. Freudian slip on my part
> >maybe, hey?

> the problem is getting our hands on that steak and barbecuing or
> grilling it, as I suspect Marty would object. The process would be
> fun, though!
>
> (What exactly would an 'evil steak' be, anyway? What differentiates it
> from a t-bone or porterhouse or whatever?)
>

> Desideria

I'm really sorry about starting this offbeat twist in this thread. I meant
to say, "Methinks you have an evil streak in you Marty." I;m sorry
for the offbeat turn it has caused.

--
Brick said that.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 28 May 2009 04:11:48 GMT, "Brick"
> wrote:

>On 27-May-2009, Desideria > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 May 2009 03:45:41 GMT, "Brick"
>> > wrote:

>> >. ..

>> >Damn, you jumped on my type before I saw it. Freudian slip on my part
>> >maybe, hey?

>> the problem is getting our hands on that steak and barbecuing or
>> grilling it, as I suspect Marty would object. The process would be
>> fun, though!
>>
>> (What exactly would an 'evil steak' be, anyway? What differentiates it
>> from a t-bone or porterhouse or whatever?)
>>

>> Desideria

>I'm really sorry about starting this offbeat twist in this thread. I meant
>to say, "Methinks you have an evil streak in you Marty." I;m sorry
>for the offbeat turn it has caused.

Sorry for the teasing then, Brick! I'll happily let it go.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> On Thu, 28 May 2009 04:11:48 GMT, "Brick"
> > wrote:
>

> >On 27-May-2009, Desideria > wrote:

.. . .

> >I'm really sorry about starting this offbeat twist in this thread. I
> >meant
> >to say, "Methinks you have an evil streak in you Marty." I;m sorry
> >for the offbeat turn it has caused.

> Sorry for the teasing then, Brick! I'll happily let it go.
>

> Desideria

I guess I'm not the only one that doesn't have anything better
to do in the middle of the night.

Brick said that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 28 May 2009 04:22:51 GMT, "Brick"
> wrote:

>> On Thu, 28 May 2009 04:11:48 GMT, "Brick"
>> > wrote:
>>

>> >On 27-May-2009, Desideria > wrote:

>. . .
>

>> >I'm really sorry about starting this offbeat twist in this thread. I
>> >meant
>> >to say, "Methinks you have an evil streak in you Marty." I;m sorry
>> >for the offbeat turn it has caused.

>> Sorry for the teasing then, Brick! I'll happily let it go.
>>

>> Desideria

>I guess I'm not the only one that doesn't have anything better
>to do in the middle of the night.
>
>Brick said that.

not quite the middle of the night in Seattle. And Denny can attest to
my smartass tendencies, but I really don't mean to annoy folks--just
forgot this crew isn't into such stuff.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 28-May-2009, Desideria > wrote:

> On Thu, 28 May 2009 04:22:51 GMT, "Brick"
> > wrote:
>

> >> On Thu, 28 May 2009 04:11:48 GMT, "Brick"

> >. . .

> >> Sorry for the teasing then, Brick! I'll happily let it go.
> >>

> >> Desideria

> >I guess I'm not the only one that doesn't have anything better
> >to do in the middle of the night.
> >
> >Brick said that.

> not quite the middle of the night in Seattle. And Denny can attest to
> my smartass tendencies, but I really don't mean to annoy folks--just
> forgot this crew isn't into such stuff.
>

> Desideria

Oh, I'm not annoyed. I seriously thought you had misconstrued my
statement about a "mean steak" vs a "mean streak".

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 28 May 2009 04:48:40 GMT, "Brick"
> wrote:

>On 28-May-2009, Desideria > wrote:

>> >. . .

>> >I guess I'm not the only one that doesn't have anything better
>> >to do in the middle of the night.
>> >
>> >Brick said that.

>> not quite the middle of the night in Seattle. And Denny can attest to
>> my smartass tendencies, but I really don't mean to annoy folks--just
>> forgot this crew isn't into such stuff.
>>

>> Desideria

>Oh, I'm not annoyed. I seriously thought you had misconstrued my
>statement about a "mean steak" vs a "mean streak".

oh, no. I knew what you meant, and probably shoulda used smileys--but
I've noticed folks here don't really use them.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 28 May 2009 09:16:39 -0500, "Nunya Bidnits"
> wrote:

>In ,
>Desideria > typed:
>> On Thu, 28 May 2009 03:07:41 GMT, "Brick"
>> > wrote:

>>> Tickle my funny bone. Methinks you have an evil steak in you Marty.
>>> Wouldn't that be fun though?

>> An 'evil steak' would be appropriate here, wouldn't it?
>>

>> Desideria

>Indeed! I have an evil steak, and it's evil twin, evil cornedbeefil.
>
><ducking>

What about evil pastrami, hmmmm????

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Desideria > wrote:
> "Brick" > wrote:

> >> not quite the middle of the night in Seattle. And Denny can attest to
> >> my smartass tendencies, but I really don't mean to annoy folks--just
> >> forgot this crew isn't into such stuff.

> >Oh, I'm not annoyed. I seriously thought you had misconstrued my
> >statement about a "mean steak" vs a "mean streak".

I once misconstrued a girl. Messyderear. ;-0

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061