Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default (bbq) Bone-in Brisket

On Sat, 23 May 2009 10:10:13 -0500, Frank Mancuso wrote:

> I just saw one this morning-it was 14 lbs. and was $1.19/lb, but the
> damn thing was HUGE! Anyone ever manhandled one of them? I may go back
> and get one for Monday. I ahve to thing bone-in is a good thing!

I just saw "Bone In Brisket" at Fiesta as well. These were only
about 8lbs, like most of the meat had been removed. These were not
short ribs, but what looked like part oft he sternum with a portion
of the ribs attached. $1.19/lb just as you said.

Like much of their beef, the four they had out were all turning
brown. There's no worse advertising in your meat case than having
meat that is turning brown on more than 20% of the surface.

Are people really stupid enough to buy meat that has brown spots all
over it?

I did pick up 2 4lb lamb breasts that will each subject3ed to a
differently flavored cure. I'm thinking sage, garlic and thyme for
one breast, and long pepper and allspice for the other.

Long pepper is some pretty trippy stuff. This will be my first time
using it anything. I'm surprised it's not very well known and used.

-sw