Old 23-05-2009, 03:23 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default What are you Q'ing for the long weekend?

I got 10lb of pork spareribs and a 8lb pork roast. Not sure which to
make this weeknd I guess it depends which friends are going to be
showing up.

My peach tree died this winter, not sure why, but I was thinking I
would cut it up and use it in the kamado with something with pork and
peach based dipping sauce. Has anyone used peach wood so smoke with?
Thanks

Old 23-05-2009, 04:33 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

pamjd wrote:
I got 10lb of pork spareribs and a 8lb pork roast. Not sure which to
make this weeknd I guess it depends which friends are going to be
showing up.

My local market had a sale on spare ribs for $1.49/#. Came frozen in
cryovac. They look like St. Louis ribs to me. Nice and meaty. I'm going
to smoke them on my Brinkmann Gourmet bullet smoker with some hickory
chunks for flavor and serve them to company. I have two big racks that
should make 4 people very full. I'll make coleslaw, red potato salad and
maybe some beans ala Charra. I already have the pitcher of margaritas
and some beer.

I have a container of my home made BBQ sauce in the fridge.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old 23-05-2009, 04:51 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 22, 7:23*pm, pamjd wrote:
I got 10lb of pork spareribs and a 8lb pork roast. *Not sure which to
make this weeknd *I guess it depends which friends are going to be
showing up.

My peach tree died this winter, not sure why, but I was thinking I
would cut it up and use it in the kamado with something with pork and
peach based dipping sauce. *Has anyone used peach wood so smoke with?
Thanks

I'll likely be doing spares this weekend too. I've used peach wood
many times. It's very nice, altough rather mild in flavor.
Old 23-05-2009, 06:06 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Four day weekend for me. Today was hot dogs for lunch, grilled cod for
dinner. Not sure yet about tomorrow. Sunday will be rib eye roast on the
rotisseries, Monday pulled pork.

Old 23-05-2009, 06:43 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

jn wrote:
On May 22, 7:23 pm, pamjd wrote:
I got 10lb of pork spareribs and a 8lb pork roast. Not sure which to
make this weeknd I guess it depends which friends are going to be
showing up.

My peach tree died this winter, not sure why, but I was thinking I
would cut it up and use it in the kamado with something with pork and
peach based dipping sauce. Has anyone used peach wood so smoke with?
Thanks

I'll likely be doing spares this weekend too. I've used peach wood
many times. It's very nice, altough rather mild in flavor.

Peach is very nice, milder than apple, but very tasty!

Old 23-05-2009, 07:49 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
pamjd wrote:
I got 10lb of pork spareribs and a 8lb pork roast. Not sure which to
make this weeknd I guess it depends which friends are going to be
showing up.

My local market had a sale on spare ribs for $1.49/#. Came frozen in
cryovac. They look like St. Louis ribs to me. Nice and meaty. I'm going
to smoke them on my Brinkmann Gourmet bullet smoker with some hickory
chunks for flavor and serve them to company. I have two big racks that
should make 4 people very full. I'll make coleslaw, red potato salad and
maybe some beans ala Charra. I already have the pitcher of margaritas
and some beer.

I have a container of my home made BBQ sauce in the fridge.

Sounds like a fun happening, Janet. I hope you'll take a moment to remember
those who made the ultimate sacrifice so we could enjoy this weekend. I'll
drink to that.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Old 23-05-2009, 02:56 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

pamjd wrote:
I got 10lb of pork spareribs and a 8lb pork roast. Not sure which to
make this weeknd I guess it depends which friends are going to be
showing up.

My peach tree died this winter, not sure why, but I was thinking I
would cut it up and use it in the kamado with something with pork and
peach based dipping sauce. Has anyone used peach wood so smoke with?
Thanks

Bought spare ribs which I'll trim in half, tips/ribs. Still have
tips/ribs in freezer from last cook out but what the heck, practice
makes perfect. Maybe even do a Puerto Rican Pork Shoulder for fiancee

--
m.a.w.
Old 23-05-2009, 04:42 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 22-May-2009, Janet Wilder wrote:

pamjd wrote:
I got 10lb of pork spareribs and a 8lb pork roast. Not sure which to
make this weeknd I guess it depends which friends are going to be
showing up.

My local market had a sale on spare ribs for $1.49/#. Came frozen in
cryovac. They look like St. Louis ribs to me. Nice and meaty. I'm going
to smoke them on my Brinkmann Gourmet bullet smoker with some hickory
chunks for flavor and serve them to company. I have two big racks that
should make 4 people very full. I'll make coleslaw, red potato salad and
maybe some beans ala Charra. I already have the pitcher of margaritas
and some beer.

I have a container of my home made BBQ sauce in the fridge.

--
Janet Wilder

Good plan and great score on those ribs Janet. Best wishes for the
holiday weekend.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Old 23-05-2009, 04:50 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 23-May-2009, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Four day weekend for me. Today was hot dogs for lunch, grilled cod for
dinner. Not sure yet about tomorrow. Sunday will be rib eye roast on the

rotisseries, Monday pulled pork.

Seven day weekend for us retired folks Had panfried catfish with deep
fried fingerling potatoes last night. Dessert was candied (not candy)
apples.
Fixing roast beef tenderloin and stuffed poblano peppers for lunch today.
Cornbread stuffing for the peppers, featuring cornbread and trinity.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Old 23-05-2009, 08:33 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 22 May 2009 19:23:05 -0700 (PDT), pamjd wrote:

I got 10lb of pork spareribs and a 8lb pork roast. Not sure which to
make this weeknd I guess it depends which friends are going to be
showing up.

My peach tree died this winter, not sure why, but I was thinking I
would cut it up and use it in the kamado with something with pork and
peach based dipping sauce. Has anyone used peach wood so smoke with?
Thanks

Just threw 4 racks of baby backs in the wsm....SWMBO likes the baby backs
better than spares, so we go back and forth....had a friend get me 8
lobsters at "boat price". The beer is cold!!
--
Oncler...

Old 23-05-2009, 09:01 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:

Sounds like a fun happening, Janet. I hope you'll take a moment to remember
those who made the ultimate sacrifice so we could enjoy this weekend. I'll
drink to that.

I am the mother of a disabled American veteran. I never forget about
those serving in our armed forces. I pray that they all come home to
their families safely.
Old 23-05-2009, 09:02 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

pamjd wrote:
I got 10lb of pork spareribs and a 8lb pork roast. Not sure which to
make this weeknd I guess it depends which friends are going to be
showing up.

My local market had a sale on spare ribs for $1.49/#. Came frozen in
cryovac. They look like St. Louis ribs to me. Nice and meaty. I'm going
to smoke them on my Brinkmann Gourmet bullet smoker with some hickory
chunks for flavor and serve them to company. I have two big racks that
should make 4 people very full. I'll make coleslaw, red potato salad and
maybe some beans ala Charra. I already have the pitcher of margaritas
and some beer.

I have a container of my home made BBQ sauce in the fridge.

--
Janet Wilder

Good plan and great score on those ribs Janet. Best wishes for the
holiday weekend.

Same to you, Brick.

Old 23-05-2009, 09:03 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Oncler wrote:

Just threw 4 racks of baby backs in the wsm....SWMBO likes the baby backs
better than spares, so we go back and forth....had a friend get me 8
lobsters at "boat price". The beer is cold!!

I don't do the baby backs on the smoker. They don't seem to have enough
meat and/or fat for really slow cooking. I'll do the baby backs on the
gas grill offset from the heat, but I like the uglier ribs on the smoker.

You aren't going to Q those lobsters, are you?

Old 23-05-2009, 10:50 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:

Sounds like a fun happening, Janet. I hope you'll take a moment to
remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice so we could enjoy this
weekend. I'll drink to that.

I am the mother of a disabled American veteran. I never forget about
those serving in our armed forces. I pray that they all come home to
their families safely.

Janet, I apologize. I didn't know. Please thank your son or daughter for
me. Thank you, too, for being a good Mother and a good American. Enjoy!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Old 24-05-2009, 12:31 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
Janet Wilder wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:

Sounds like a fun happening, Janet. I hope you'll take a moment to
remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice so we could enjoy this
weekend. I'll drink to that.

I am the mother of a disabled American veteran. I never forget about
those serving in our armed forces. I pray that they all come home to
their families safely.

Janet, I apologize. I didn't know. Please thank your son or daughter for
me. Thank you, too, for being a good Mother and a good American. Enjoy!

No need to apologize. Even though he's 30% disabled, he's adapted well
to civilian life.

Don't thank me too much. I was not a happy mother when he enlisted.