Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Marinated Tri Trip of Beef? Pork?

I've been searching for smoker recipes for tri tips of beef and pork without
much success. I guess it would be easy to overcook either, and end of up
with dry meat? If either is marinated is it a waste to put in wood? One site
says that.
TIA

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:
> I've been searching for smoker recipes for tri tips of beef and pork without
> much success. I guess it would be easy to overcook either, and end of up
> with dry meat? If either is marinated is it a waste to put in wood? One site
> says that.
> TIA

Tri-tip is mostly for grilling, or what I call smoke grilling. Grilling
indirectly at a fairly high temp - 400F or so. It should still be pink
inside, pull at 132-135F. Start them at room temp to make it cook more
evenly.

There is no equivalent cut of pork - except maybe a pork sirloin, but they
don't have any fat the way I get them.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 21, 4:54*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Theron wrote:
> > I've been searching for smoker recipes for tri tips of beef and pork without
> > much success. I guess it would be easy to overcook either, and end of up
> > with dry meat? If either is marinated is it a waste to put in wood? One site
> > says that.
> > TIA

> Tri-tip is mostly for grilling, or what I call smoke grilling. *Grilling
> indirectly at a fairly high temp - 400F or so. *It should still be pink
> inside, pull at 132-135F. *Start them at room temp to make it cook more
> evenly.
>
> There is no equivalent cut of pork - except maybe a pork sirloin, but they
> don't have any fat the way I get them.
>
> -sw

TRY TIP IZ SANTA MORONO BAR BEE QUE ` SO SUK MEE OF AN DYE U GERK
TORTCH
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:
> I've been searching for smoker recipes for tri tips of beef and pork without
> much success. I guess it would be easy to overcook either, and end of up
> with dry meat? If either is marinated is it a waste to put in wood? One site
> says that.
> TIA
>
> Ed

It's always good to use wood, marinaded or not!

http://www.recipezaar.com/Tys-3-Day-...Tri-Tip-197366

(this one's tasty, but be careful on smoker time - 2hrs. max!)

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...e_id=16 34716

(with this one you sear over high heat, then move and cook indirectly -
always use an instant read thermometer to test for temp)

enjoy!