Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Vita-Mix 1300 TurboBlend 4500

List Price:$379.00
Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0000YRJT6
Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0000YRJT6

I love my Vita-Mix and would buy another one if I had to. Due to various health issues, I was compelled to change my eating habits because I enjoy living and wanted to continue. Since using my Vita-Mix to make green smoothies to increase my fruit and vegetable consumption, I have lost over 100lbs, no longer have to take diabetes or high blood pressure medications and haven't had to take a sick day from work in over a year! Before, I was running out of sick time as I was out every month. I feel great every day and have been featured in an article in our workplace health & fitness newsletter and I lead a walking club at my job. I wasn't even a couch potato, I was under the couch! Now, I don't even have the couch any more..I don't need to sit with all this energy! The Vita-mix is a great investment in your health and worth the expense.
I have owned this for over a year now, and despite all the rah rah rah, it is just a blender. It is a good blender but it will do for you what any other blender will do. Kitchen aid has better attachments for most anything you would want to attach, and most people own a kitchen aid so you would probably put an attachment on that instead of the vita-mix. Also this model doesn't have a variable speed so its either high/low, on/off. Well made but it can still get stuck with a lot of frozen berries etc...
We were hesitant to pay hundreds for a blender but now that I have it, I dont know how I ever lived without it. It has been a wonderful addition to my eating habits and breaks down the cellulose of greens to make them more absorbable to the body.It goes great with a book called green for life which explains all the great benifits of green smoothies. If you were to start this program, health would improve almost instantly! I am now getting allot more vitimins and minerals from my food than I used to, it keeps me on a raw food diet and is also good for soups. If theres something that my food processor cant do, the vita-mix can! I use it at every given oppertunity and makes great smoothies of any kind, even if you are not a raw foodist.
Have no fear with this blender. I recently started incorporating raw food smoothies in to my diet. After burning out 2 standard household blenders in a matter of months, I knew I had to make an investment. Not only does this blender blend together everything that comes within its path, it does so in a matter of seconds - to a pure, even, liquid consistency. I had no idea what I was missing out on. My previous blenders made my smoothies more lumpy and with chunks; unable to process all the ice and frozen fruits and vegetables. I also made soup! This blender spins so fast, that if left running for a few minutes, heats up water! This appliance is now a staple in my kitchen, from morning veggie smoothies, to hearty soups in the evening, to whipping up ice cream for dessert!And.... saves me tons of time. The key feature of this blender compared to its competitors is the AWESOME stirring wand, and access to put items in the mix via a whole in the top lid. This is KEY. No more using celery sticks to swish things around - the wand is super.Love it! I have no fear when I throw in all kinds of things. It whips all up in a matter of seconds.My only critique, is that since I started using this machine, my electricity bill went up $30! (I do live in nyc, tho).
The Vitamix isn't perfect, but if mine broke tomorrow it would be replaced the next day. This blender will blend just about anything. I swear, I could probably throw in a 2 X 4 and it would pulverize it into sawdust! The thing sounds like an airplane taking off but it sure does the job. I've used it to make smoothies, soups, drinks, slushies, and baby food consistency meats for sick pets. I used to use a juicer but when I saw how much pulp and fiber was discarded, it just didn't seem right. With the Vita-Mix I retain all that fiber but it's so pulverized and well blended that you can't even tell it's there.Can't get your kids or husband to eat enough salads? Throw all the greens into the Vita-Mix with some pineapple or part of a lemon, whatever other fruits you have on hand, half a banana to make the whole thing hang together and the secret ingredient: a hand full of blueberries. The color of the blueberries will cover up any hint of the greens and, voila, you have them drinking a smoothie with "hidden salad".Creamed soups are a snap in this blender. Mixed drinks are a breeze since ice cubes aren't a problem. I find myself using it all the time.The only drawbacks for me are the noise (I don't use it when anyone is sleeping) and it can be hard to get pureed foods that are thick out of the bottom of the jar. I have to use a small spatula for that. But the blender is a workhorse and I can't imagine using any other kind.
Vita-Mix TurboBlend 4500 is a heavy-duty, commercial-quality blender that delivers optimum performance and power. Superior engineering strengthens each part, ensuring a product that will last.

SIMILAR PRODUCTS:

Green for Life:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=0970481969
The Raw Food Detox Diet: The Five-Step Plan for Vibrant Health and Maximum Weight Loss:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=0060834374
Raw Food Made Easy For 1 or 2 People:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=1570671753
12 Steps to Raw Foods: How to End Your Dependency on Cooked Food:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=1556436513
Ani's Raw Food Kitchen: Easy, Delectable Living Foods Recipes:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=1600940005

ACCESSORIES:

Face Mask Heat Pack - by Quantum Re-Heater:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000E48LJ4
Vita-Mix 015636 Blender Container 32-oz.:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000EJEMBK
Rösle Crosswise Swivel Peeler:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000063Y8E
Oxo Good Grips Ice Cube Tray:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B00004OCLA
64 Ounce Vitamix (Vita-Mix) Extra Carafe - Works for TurboBlend 4500 and Commercial Models - 64 oz.:http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000CQT8BO

$1300 for a Ham Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 61 26-03-2013 04:01 PM
Vita-Mix cookie Diabetic 14 13-04-2006 01:26 AM
Want meat grinder review for Back to Basics 4500 Pierre Cooking Equipment 3 07-01-2005 11:40 PM
Want meat grinder review for Back to Basics 4500 Pierre Cooking Equipment 0 06-01-2005 01:48 PM
Vita-Mix BillKirch General Cooking 13 15-03-2004 03:25 AM