Sauce: How much molasses to substitute for brown sugar?

Old 17-05-2009, 06:54 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Sauce: How much molasses to substitute for brown sugar?

How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?

TIA,

Rob
Q 4 All
Old 20-05-2009, 07:05 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

" wrote in message
How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?

TIA,

Rob
Q 4 All

Brown Sugar Substitute

For each 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar called for in a recipe, use 1
1/2 tablespoons molasses plus 1 cup granulated sugar.

To make light brown sugar from dark brown sugar, use 1/2 cup firmly packed
dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.

For dark brown sugar, use 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar plus 1
tablespoon molasses; or 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup molasses.

Dimitri

Old 21-05-2009, 01:09 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 20, 2:05*pm, "Dimitri" wrote:
" wrote in message

How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?

TIA,

Rob
Q 4 All

Brown Sugar Substitute

For each 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar called for in a recipe, use 1
1/2 tablespoons molasses plus 1 cup granulated sugar.

To make light brown sugar from dark brown sugar, use 1/2 cup firmly packed
dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.

For dark brown sugar, use 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar plus 1
tablespoon molasses; or 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup molasses.

Dimitri

SHUGER IZ BAD FORE U----- HUNY IN ITZ NATCHAL UNPASTYOURIZED VIRSHUN
IZ BETS . '`

Old 21-05-2009, 11:17 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 21, 10:02*am, "Dimitri" wrote:
"Well?" wrote in message

[...]

BUL SCHIT TO U ! ` EET HUNY FORE HELTH ! `
Old 24-05-2009, 11:17 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

" wrote in message

How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?

TIA,

Rob
Q 4 All

Brown Sugar Substitute

For each 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar called for in a recipe, use 1
1/2 tablespoons molasses plus 1 cup granulated sugar.

To make light brown sugar from dark brown sugar, use 1/2 cup firmly packed
dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.

For dark brown sugar, use 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar plus 1
tablespoon molasses; or 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup molasses.

Dimitri

Thanks Dimitri. It's a start. I substituted 1/4C brown sugar for 3
Tbls molasses.. .give or take. Nice addition to my sauce recipe.