Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Sauce: How much molasses to substitute for brown sugar?

How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?

TIA,

Rob
Q 4 All
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" > wrote in message
> How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
> just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?
>
> TIA,
>
> Rob
> Q 4 All

Brown Sugar Substitute

For each 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar called for in a recipe, use 1
1/2 tablespoons molasses plus 1 cup granulated sugar.

To make light brown sugar from dark brown sugar, use 1/2 cup firmly packed
dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.

For dark brown sugar, use 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar plus 1
tablespoon molasses; or 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup molasses.

Dimitri

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 20, 2:05*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> " > wrote in message

> > How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
> > just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?

> > TIA,

> > Rob
> > Q 4 All

> Brown Sugar Substitute
>
> For each 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar called for in a recipe, use 1
> 1/2 tablespoons molasses plus 1 cup granulated sugar.
>
> To make light brown sugar from dark brown sugar, use 1/2 cup firmly packed
> dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
>
> For dark brown sugar, use 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar plus 1
> tablespoon molasses; or 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup molasses.
>
> Dimitri

SHUGER IZ BAD FORE U-----> HUNY IN ITZ NATCHAL UNPASTYOURIZED VIRSHUN
IZ BETS . '`
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Well?" > wrote in message
On May 20, 2:05 pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> " > wrote in
> message

> > How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
> > just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?

> > TIA,

> > Rob
> > Q 4 All

> Brown Sugar Substitute
>
> For each 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar called for in a recipe, use
> 1
> 1/2 tablespoons molasses plus 1 cup granulated sugar.
>
> To make light brown sugar from dark brown sugar, use 1/2 cup firmly packed
> dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
>
> For dark brown sugar, use 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar plus 1
> tablespoon molasses; or 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup molasses.
>
> Dimitri

SHUGER IZ BAD FORE U-----> HUNY IN ITZ NATCHAL UNPASTYOURIZED VIRSHUN
IZ BETS . '`

BULL SHIT!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 21, 10:02*am, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> "Well?" > wrote in message

> On May 20, 2:05 pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
>

> > " > wrote in
> > message

> > > How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
> > > just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?

> > > TIA,

> > > Rob
> > > Q 4 All

> > Brown Sugar Substitute

> > For each 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar called for in a recipe, use
> > 1
> > 1/2 tablespoons molasses plus 1 cup granulated sugar.

> > To make light brown sugar from dark brown sugar, use 1/2 cup firmly packed
> > dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.

> > For dark brown sugar, use 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar plus 1
> > tablespoon molasses; or 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup molasses.

> > Dimitri

> SHUGER IZ BAD FORE U-----> HUNY IN ITZ NATCHAL UNPASTYOURIZED VIRSHUN
> IZ BETS *. *'`
>
> BULL SHIT!

BUL SCHIT TO U ! ` EET HUNY FORE HELTH ! `

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 20, 2:05*pm, "Dimitri" > wrote:
> " > wrote in message

> > How much molasses should I use in place of brown sugar or, should I
> > just add some molasses to my sauce recipe?

> > TIA,

> > Rob
> > Q 4 All

> Brown Sugar Substitute
>
> For each 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar called for in a recipe, use 1
> 1/2 tablespoons molasses plus 1 cup granulated sugar.
>
> To make light brown sugar from dark brown sugar, use 1/2 cup firmly packed
> dark brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
>
> For dark brown sugar, use 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar plus 1
> tablespoon molasses; or 1 cup granulated sugar plus 1/4 cup molasses.
>
> Dimitri

Thanks Dimitri. It's a start. I substituted 1/4C brown sugar for 3
Tbls molasses.. .give or take. Nice addition to my sauce recipe.