Posted to alt.sports.football.pro.denver-broncos,alt.sports.football.pro.kc-chiefs,alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.food.barbecue

Default Speaking of legacy games - A few AFL tribute, history, and referencesites

Arkansan Raider wrote:
> Cleatarrior wrote:
>> Nunya Bidnits wrote:
>>> In ,
>>> Cleatarrior > typed:

>>> Cookshack electric, or pellet pooper?

>> Electric.
>>
>> I like to split and load my own kindling in it.
>>
>> In a pinch I will buy Cherry or Mesquite chunks at Home Depot though.
>>
>> Cabelas has a cool looking machine that uses little pellet cakes, but
>> I figure all you're doing there is lining someone else's wallet.
>>
>>> We have philisophical differences between my partner and I about the
>>> pellet
>>> thing. I prefer burning sticks, or going the WSM route.
>>>
>>> I had a NBBD and it literally was stolen off the concrete pad in the
>>> common
>>> area behind my condo. One of the old ones with the seriously heavy
>>> steel,
>>> too, dammit.
>>>
>>> MartyB in KC
>>>

>> Wow, major bummer.
>>
>> Next time lag bolts and a Dobie?

> I'd be seriously interested in some BBQ ideas from guys who know what
> they're doing. I've a Wal-Mart BBQ that I enjoy cooking on, but I
> wouldn't mind going to the next level--especially since I'm pretty much
> a beginner.
>
> ---Jeff

No problem.

For a basic recipe database and technique reading I like any of the
Steven Raichlen books - his first one "How To Grill" or the "BBQ Bible"
are clear and full of photos.

For great KC ribs and specialties the Kansas City BBQ Society has a neat
cookbook, get it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-City-Ba...1900118&sr=1-1

Another good one is "Smoke and Spice":

http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Spice-Co...ref=pd_sim_b_2

Which should get you some basic tactics and rubs and so on.

For a side-box smoker Wal Mart has those Brinkman ones, which work but
are a little hard to control the temps on. You want about 250F
consistent in the cooking area, and a good oven thermometer inside helps.

You also want a decent digital probe to check for done - Polder makes
good ones:

http://www.polderonline.com/product/659444.html

For foolproof smoking I swear by the Cookshack electric smoker. Load the
chip tray, shut the door and set the temp. Easy.

http://www.cookshack.com/smokers-for-home-use

Mine's an older model I got at Cabelas - their price was good.

http://www.cabelas.com/hprod-1/0005918.shtml

Then I like to finish off on my gas grill with mop sauce after I hit the
right temp on the remote digital probe inside the Cookshack.

http://www.polderonline.com/product/125628.html

I do use a side firebox cooker too for larger BBQs :

http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/charcoal_grill.htm

But you have to stay on the fire and coals to keep the temp stable.

But if you're more into charcoal or Weber Kettles they can do a great
job too. For me that Cook shack is idiot-proof ;-)

I just added alt.food.barbecue to my groups list - looks like it might
be the right place for this thread to drift. And hey, Marty's in it too.

Enjoy!
Posted to alt.sports.football.pro.denver-broncos,alt.sports.football.pro.kc-chiefs,alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.food.barbecue

Sweet. Thanks! Just saved this post and will be looking at all of that.

I used to have a Brinkman, but it rusted out in the wonderful Arkansan
humidity...

---Jeff

Cleatarrior wrote:
> Arkansan Raider wrote:

>> I'd be seriously interested in some BBQ ideas from guys who know what
>> they're doing. I've a Wal-Mart BBQ that I enjoy cooking on, but I
>> wouldn't mind going to the next level--especially since I'm pretty
>> much a beginner.
>>
>> ---Jeff

> No problem.
>
> For a basic recipe database and technique reading I like any of the
> Steven Raichlen books - his first one "How To Grill" or the "BBQ Bible"
> are clear and full of photos.
>
> For great KC ribs and specialties the Kansas City BBQ Society has a neat
> cookbook, get it on Amazon:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-City-Ba...1900118&sr=1-1
>

> Another good one is "Smoke and Spice":
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Spice-Co...ref=pd_sim_b_2
>

> Which should get you some basic tactics and rubs and so on.
>
> For a side-box smoker Wal Mart has those Brinkman ones, which work but
> are a little hard to control the temps on. You want about 250F
> consistent in the cooking area, and a good oven thermometer inside helps.
>
> You also want a decent digital probe to check for done - Polder makes
> good ones:
>
> http://www.polderonline.com/product/659444.html
>
> For foolproof smoking I swear by the Cookshack electric smoker. Load the
> chip tray, shut the door and set the temp. Easy.
>
> http://www.cookshack.com/smokers-for-home-use
>
> Mine's an older model I got at Cabelas - their price was good.
>
> http://www.cabelas.com/hprod-1/0005918.shtml
>
> Then I like to finish off on my gas grill with mop sauce after I hit the
> right temp on the remote digital probe inside the Cookshack.
>
> http://www.polderonline.com/product/125628.html
>
> I do use a side firebox cooker too for larger BBQs :
>
> http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/charcoal_grill.htm
>
> But you have to stay on the fire and coals to keep the temp stable.
>
> But if you're more into charcoal or Weber Kettles they can do a great
> job too. For me that Cook shack is idiot-proof ;-)
>
> I just added alt.food.barbecue to my groups list - looks like it might
> be the right place for this thread to drift. And hey, Marty's in it too.
>
> Enjoy!

Posted to alt.sports.football.pro.denver-broncos,alt.sports.football.pro.kc-chiefs,alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.food.barbecue

Arkansan Raider wrote:
> Sweet. Thanks! Just saved this post and will be looking at all of that.
>
> I used to have a Brinkman, but it rusted out in the wonderful Arkansan
> humidity...
>
> ---Jeff

I can just imagine, it's real light gauge steel.

In your humidity I'd recommend the all stainless cookshack smokette 2.

Anyway, glad to be of service, happy 'Qing!

> Cleatarrior wrote:
>> Arkansan Raider wrote:

>>> I'd be seriously interested in some BBQ ideas from guys who know what
>>> they're doing. I've a Wal-Mart BBQ that I enjoy cooking on, but I
>>> wouldn't mind going to the next level--especially since I'm pretty
>>> much a beginner.
>>>
>>> ---Jeff

>> No problem.
>>
>> For a basic recipe database and technique reading I like any of the
>> Steven Raichlen books - his first one "How To Grill" or the "BBQ
>> Bible" are clear and full of photos.
>>
>> For great KC ribs and specialties the Kansas City BBQ Society has a
>> neat cookbook, get it on Amazon:
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-City-Ba...1900118&sr=1-1
>>

>> Another good one is "Smoke and Spice":
>>
>> http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Spice-Co...ref=pd_sim_b_2
>>

>> Which should get you some basic tactics and rubs and so on.
>>
>> For a side-box smoker Wal Mart has those Brinkman ones, which work but
>> are a little hard to control the temps on. You want about 250F
>> consistent in the cooking area, and a good oven thermometer inside helps.
>>
>> You also want a decent digital probe to check for done - Polder makes
>> good ones:
>>
>> http://www.polderonline.com/product/659444.html
>>
>> For foolproof smoking I swear by the Cookshack electric smoker. Load
>> the chip tray, shut the door and set the temp. Easy.
>>
>> http://www.cookshack.com/smokers-for-home-use
>>
>> Mine's an older model I got at Cabelas - their price was good.
>>
>> http://www.cabelas.com/hprod-1/0005918.shtml
>>
>> Then I like to finish off on my gas grill with mop sauce after I hit
>> the right temp on the remote digital probe inside the Cookshack.
>>
>> http://www.polderonline.com/product/125628.html
>>
>> I do use a side firebox cooker too for larger BBQs :
>>
>> http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/charcoal_grill.htm
>>
>> But you have to stay on the fire and coals to keep the temp stable.
>>
>> But if you're more into charcoal or Weber Kettles they can do a great
>> job too. For me that Cook shack is idiot-proof ;-)
>>
>> I just added alt.food.barbecue to my groups list - looks like it might
>> be the right place for this thread to drift. And hey, Marty's in it too.
>>
>> Enjoy!

Posted to alt.sports.football.pro.denver-broncos,alt.sports.football.pro.kc-chiefs,alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.food.barbecue

On May 9, 9:40*pm, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
> ,
> Cleatarrior > typed:
>

> > Arkansan Raider wrote:

> >> I'd be seriously interested in some BBQ ideas from guys who know what
> >> they're doing. I've a Wal-Mart BBQ that I enjoy cooking on, but I
> >> wouldn't mind going to the next level--especially since I'm pretty
> >> much a beginner.

> >> ---Jeff

> > No problem.

> > For a basic recipe database and technique reading I like any of the
> > Steven Raichlen books - his first one "How To Grill" or the "BBQ
> > Bible" are clear and full of photos.

> > For great KC ribs and specialties the Kansas City BBQ Society has a
> > neat cookbook, get it on Amazon:

> http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-City-Ba...book/dp/096491...
>
> > Another good one is "Smoke and Spice":

> http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Spice-Co.../dp/1558322620...
>

> > Which should get you some basic tactics and rubs and so on.

> > For a side-box smoker Wal Mart has those Brinkman ones, which work but
> > are a little hard to control the temps on. You want about 250F
> > consistent in the cooking area, and a good oven thermometer inside
> > helps.

> > You also want a decent digital probe to check for done - Polder makes
> > good ones:

> >http://www.polderonline.com/product/659444.html

> > For foolproof smoking I swear by the Cookshack electric smoker. Load
> > the chip tray, shut the door and set the temp. Easy.

> >http://www.cookshack.com/smokers-for-home-use

> > Mine's an older model I got at Cabelas - their price was good.

> >http://www.cabelas.com/hprod-1/0005918.shtml

> > Then I like to finish off on my gas grill with mop sauce after I hit
> > the right temp on the remote digital probe inside the Cookshack.

> >http://www.polderonline.com/product/125628.html

> > I do use a side firebox cooker too for larger BBQs :

> >http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/charcoal_grill.htm

> > But you have to stay on the fire and coals to keep the temp stable.

> > But if you're more into charcoal or Weber Kettles they can do a great
> > job too. For me that Cook shack is idiot-proof ;-)

> > I just added alt.food.barbecue to my groups list - looks like it might
> > be the right place for this thread to drift. And hey, Marty's in it
> > too.

> > Enjoy!

> If you want inexpensive, easy to use, fuel efficient, temperature stable,
> and high quality, and don't need a lot of cooking space, get a Weber Smoky
> Mountain, or it's big brother if you want to throw in a few more bucks.

I'm under the impression that the WSM just jumped in price by 50%. Not
nearly as price worthy as before. For $200+change to do the @6 time a
year BBQ is one thing, at $300-400 it's an udder.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...&Ntt=smok ers
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 10-May-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:

> alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers:155757 alt.food.barbecue:142639
>
> In ,
> Cleatarrior > typed:
> > Arkansan Raider wrote:

> >> I'd be seriously interested in some BBQ ideas from guys who know what
> >> they're doing. I've a Wal-Mart BBQ that I enjoy cooking on, but I
> >> wouldn't mind going to the next level--especially since I'm pretty
> >> much a beginner.
> >>
> >> ---Jeff

> > No problem.
> >
> > For a basic recipe database and technique reading I like any of the
> > Steven Raichlen books - his first one "How To Grill" or the "BBQ
> > Bible" are clear and full of photos.
> >
> > For great KC ribs and specialties the Kansas City BBQ Society has a
> > neat cookbook, get it on Amazon:
> >

> http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-City-Ba...1900118&sr=1-1
> >
> > Another good one is "Smoke and Spice":
> >

> http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Spice-Co...ref=pd_sim_b_2
> >
> > Which should get you some basic tactics and rubs and so on.
> >
> > For a side-box smoker Wal Mart has those Brinkman ones, which work but
> > are a little hard to control the temps on. You want about 250F
> > consistent in the cooking area, and a good oven thermometer inside
> > helps.
> >
> > You also want a decent digital probe to check for done - Polder makes
> > good ones:
> >
> > http://www.polderonline.com/product/659444.html
> >
> > For foolproof smoking I swear by the Cookshack electric smoker. Load
> > the chip tray, shut the door and set the temp. Easy.
> >
> > http://www.cookshack.com/smokers-for-home-use
> >
> > Mine's an older model I got at Cabelas - their price was good.
> >
> > http://www.cabelas.com/hprod-1/0005918.shtml
> >
> > Then I like to finish off on my gas grill with mop sauce after I hit
> > the right temp on the remote digital probe inside the Cookshack.
> >
> > http://www.polderonline.com/product/125628.html
> >
> > I do use a side firebox cooker too for larger BBQs :
> >
> > http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/charcoal_grill.htm
> >
> > But you have to stay on the fire and coals to keep the temp stable.
> >
> > But if you're more into charcoal or Weber Kettles they can do a great
> > job too. For me that Cook shack is idiot-proof ;-)
> >
> > I just added alt.food.barbecue to my groups list - looks like it might
> > be the right place for this thread to drift. And hey, Marty's in it
> > too.
> >
> > Enjoy!

> If you want inexpensive, easy to use, fuel efficient, temperature stable,
> and high quality, and don't need a lot of cooking space, get a Weber
> Smoky
> Mountain, or it's big brother if you want to throw in a few more bucks.
>
> The alt.food.barbecue NG is definitely a good hangout, there are lots of
> knowledgeable people there.
>

> Pretty busy tonight, I'll post more tomorrow.
>
> MartyB in KC

I feel your pain about the loss of your NBBD Marty. I've been cooking
on it's little brother, the NB Silver Smoker since 2003. I wouldn't trade
it for a new speckled pup.

You were probably around here when I got it. It surely kicked my butt
the first couple of years. Now I can't imagine what all the fuss was about.
I load it and forget it. The knockoffs from Charbroil aren't in the same
ball park. They took out too much metal and lost the quality of fit to
boot.
I haven't seen an offset smoker in the big box stores as good as the New
Braunfels, since they sold out to Charbroil.

I'm seriously looking in the $1500 range for a replacement in a couple
of years. The Tejas 1628 with the smoker cabinet is tempting.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 10, 5:26*pm, "Brick" > wrote:
> On 10-May-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
>

> > alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers:155757 alt.food.barbecue:142639

> > ,
> > Cleatarrior > typed:

> > > No problem.

> > > For a basic recipe database and technique reading I like any of the
> > > Steven Raichlen books - his first one "How To Grill" or the "BBQ
> > > Bible" are clear and full of photos.

> > > For great KC ribs and specialties the Kansas City BBQ Society has a
> > > neat cookbook, get it on Amazon:

> >http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-City-Ba...book/dp/096491...

> > > Another good one is "Smoke and Spice":

> >http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Spice-Co.../dp/1558322620...

> > > Which should get you some basic tactics and rubs and so on.

> > > For a side-box smoker Wal Mart has those Brinkman ones, which work but
> > > are a little hard to control the temps on. You want about 250F
> > > consistent in the cooking area, and a good oven thermometer inside
> > > helps.

> > > You also want a decent digital probe to check for done - Polder makes
> > > good ones:

> > >http://www.polderonline.com/product/659444.html

> > > For foolproof smoking I swear by the Cookshack electric smoker. Load
> > > the chip tray, shut the door and set the temp. Easy.

> > >http://www.cookshack.com/smokers-for-home-use

> > > Mine's an older model I got at Cabelas - their price was good.

> > >http://www.cabelas.com/hprod-1/0005918.shtml

> > > Then I like to finish off on my gas grill with mop sauce after I hit
> > > the right temp on the remote digital probe inside the Cookshack.

> > >http://www.polderonline.com/product/125628.html

> > > I do use a side firebox cooker too for larger BBQs :

> > >http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/charcoal_grill.htm

> > > But you have to stay on the fire and coals to keep the temp stable.

> > > But if you're more into charcoal or Weber Kettles they can do a great
> > > job too. For me that Cook shack is idiot-proof ;-)

> > > I just added alt.food.barbecue to my groups list - looks like it might
> > > be the right place for this thread to drift. And hey, Marty's in it
> > > too.

> > > Enjoy!

> > If you want inexpensive, easy to use, fuel efficient, temperature stable,
> > and high quality, and don't need a lot of cooking space, get a Weber
> > Smoky
> > Mountain, or it's big brother if you want to throw in a few more bucks.

> > The alt.food.barbecue NG is definitely a good hangout, there are lots of
> > knowledgeable people there.

> > Pretty busy tonight, I'll post more tomorrow.

> > MartyB in KC

> I feel your pain about the loss of your NBBD Marty. I've been cooking
> on it's little brother, the NB Silver Smoker since 2003. I wouldn't trade
> it for a new speckled pup.
>
> You were probably around here when I got it. It surely kicked my butt
> the first couple of years. Now I can't imagine what all the fuss was about.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Duwop wrote:
> On May 10, 5:26 pm, "Brick" > wrote:
>> On 10-May-2009, "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:
>>

>>> alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers:155757 alt.food.barbecue:142639
>>> ,
>>> Cleatarrior > typed:
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-City-Ba...book/dp/096491...
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Spice-Co.../dp/1558322620...
>>> If you want inexpensive, easy to use, fuel efficient, temperature stable,
>>> and high quality, and don't need a lot of cooking space, get a Weber
>>> Smoky
>>> Mountain, or it's big brother if you want to throw in a few more bucks.
>>> The alt.food.barbecue NG is definitely a good hangout, there are lots of
>>> knowledgeable people there.
>>> Pretty busy tonight, I'll post more tomorrow.
>>> MartyB in KC

>> I feel your pain about the loss of your NBBD Marty. I've been cooking
>> on it's little brother, the NB Silver Smoker since 2003. I wouldn't trade
>> it for a new speckled pup.
>>
>> You were probably around here when I got it. It surely kicked my butt
>> the first couple of years. Now I can't imagine what all the fuss was about.
>> I load it and forget it. The knockoffs from Charbroil aren't in the same
>> ball park. They took out too much metal and lost the quality of fit to
>> boot.
>> I haven't seen an offset smoker in the big box stores as good as the New
>> Braunfels, since they sold out to Charbroil.
>>
>> I'm seriously looking in the $1500 range for a replacement in a couple
>> of years. The Tejas 1628 with the smoker cabinet is tempting.
>>

> What perplexed me when I was looking around for a cooker is how almost
> nobody makes an offset that'll grill in the main chamber. Cuz the
> barrell (or box) design make for the best grills too. It would seem to
> be a no brainer. But, nooooooo. I found one other than Klose
> (discounting Charbroil here for the reasons you said already) , but
> the computer that had that link died and don't remember who it was
> anymore.

Kingfisher will do it:

http://kingfisherkookers.com/products_KomboKookers.htm

36" Wood/Charcoal Kombo

The combination cooker provides a chef the opportunity to grill with
direct heat or smoke with indirect heat. The cooking chamber has a
separate fire box with an adjustable air intake to control the cooking
temperature for smoking. A water jacket is located above the firebox
that forms steam to keep meat moist. The combo provides the "S" pattern
of smoke by positioning the cleanout shovel in the middle of the grill.
Direct heat can be used for grilling steaks or burgers. The 36 " cooking
area is 36" x 17", 612 square inches. The fire box can hold wood up to
15" long. Extra racks can be purchased to double the meat capacity. The
cooker comes completely built to include a worktable and thermometer.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 10 May 2009 17:56:23 -0700 (PDT), Duwop wrote:

> What perplexed me when I was looking around for a cooker is how almost
> nobody makes an offset that'll grill in the main chamber. Cuz the
> barrell (or box) design make for the best grills too. It would seem to
> be a no brainer. But, nooooooo. I found one other than Klose
> (discounting Charbroil here for the reasons you said already) , but
> the computer that had that link died and don't remember who it was
> anymore.

I sawe one the other day that had an offset and was gas in the
chamber. It may have been Charbroil, though.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 10, 6:39*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:

> I sawe one the other day that had an offset and was gas in the
> chamber. *It may have been Charbroil, though.
>
> -sw

With gas? Charbroil for sure.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 10, 6:23*pm, Cleatarrior > wrote:
> Duwop wrote:

> Kingfisher will do it:
>
> http://kingfisherkookers.com/products_KomboKookers.htm
>
> 36" Wood/Charcoal Kombo
>
> The combination cooker provides a chef the opportunity to grill with

Interesting, thank you, I forwarded this to a co-worker who's new to
California by way of Tennessee and wants to BBQ and grill but needs a
cooker.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Duwop wrote:
> On May 10, 6:39 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
>
>> I sawe one the other day that had an offset and was gas in the
>> chamber. It may have been Charbroil, though.

> With gas? Charbroil for sure.

Maybe I didn't say that right. The offset part was fro wood and also had
a small grill. The large chamber ran gas.

I really wonder how long that would work before the gas outlets got all
gunked up with smoke and dripping grease.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Duwop wrote:
> On May 10, 6:23 pm, Cleatarrior > wrote:
>> Duwop wrote:

>> Kingfisher will do it:
>>
>> http://kingfisherkookers.com/products_KomboKookers.htm
>>
>> 36" Wood/Charcoal Kombo
>>
>> The combination cooker provides a chef the opportunity to grill with

> Interesting, thank you, I forwarded this to a co-worker who's new to
> California by way of Tennessee and wants to BBQ and grill but needs a
> cooker.

Cool. The water jacket steamer is particularly cool for a rig in this
price range. They of course have a smaller 24" model too.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> In ,
> Cleatarrior > typed:
>
> --clip--
>
> Welcome to AFB, even if you are a Bronco fan!
>
> MartyB in KC

Thanks Marty!
Posted to alt.sports.football.pro.denver-broncos,alt.sports.football.pro.kc-chiefs,alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> In ,
> Cleatarrior > typed:
>> Arkansan Raider wrote:

>>> I'd be seriously interested in some BBQ ideas from guys who know what
>>> they're doing. I've a Wal-Mart BBQ that I enjoy cooking on, but I
>>> wouldn't mind going to the next level--especially since I'm pretty
>>> much a beginner.
>>>
>>> ---Jeff

>> No problem.
>>
>> For a basic recipe database and technique reading I like any of the
>> Steven Raichlen books - his first one "How To Grill" or the "BBQ
>> Bible" are clear and full of photos.
>>
>> For great KC ribs and specialties the Kansas City BBQ Society has a
>> neat cookbook, get it on Amazon:
>>

> http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-City-Ba...1900118&sr=1-1
>>
>> Another good one is "Smoke and Spice":
>>

> http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Spice-Co...ref=pd_sim_b_2
>>
>> Which should get you some basic tactics and rubs and so on.
>>
>> For a side-box smoker Wal Mart has those Brinkman ones, which work but
>> are a little hard to control the temps on. You want about 250F
>> consistent in the cooking area, and a good oven thermometer inside
>> helps.
>>
>> You also want a decent digital probe to check for done - Polder makes
>> good ones:
>>
>> http://www.polderonline.com/product/659444.html
>>
>> For foolproof smoking I swear by the Cookshack electric smoker. Load
>> the chip tray, shut the door and set the temp. Easy.
>>
>> http://www.cookshack.com/smokers-for-home-use
>>
>> Mine's an older model I got at Cabelas - their price was good.

Good for you! Buy more from Cabelas! Get everything you want at
Cabelas! Buy buy buy!

>> http://www.cabelas.com/hprod-1/0005918.shtml
>>
>> Then I like to finish off on my gas grill with mop sauce after I hit
>> the right temp on the remote digital probe inside the Cookshack.
>>
>> http://www.polderonline.com/product/125628.html
>>
>> I do use a side firebox cooker too for larger BBQs :
>>
>> http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/charcoal_grill.htm
>>
>> But you have to stay on the fire and coals to keep the temp stable.
>>
>> But if you're more into charcoal or Weber Kettles they can do a great
>> job too. For me that Cook shack is idiot-proof ;-)
>>
>> I just added alt.food.barbecue to my groups list - looks like it might
>> be the right place for this thread to drift. And hey, Marty's in it
>> too.
>>
>> Enjoy!

> If you want inexpensive, easy to use, fuel efficient, temperature stable,
> and high quality, and don't need a lot of cooking space, get a Weber Smoky
> Mountain, or it's big brother if you want to throw in a few more bucks.
>
> The alt.food.barbecue NG is definitely a good hangout, there are lots of
> knowledgeable people there.
>

> Pretty busy tonight, I'll post more tomorrow.
>
> MartyB in KC

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2009 10:51:45 -0500, "Nunya Bidnits"
> > wrote:
>
>> In ,
>> Cleatarrior > typed:
>>
>> --clip--
>>
>> Welcome to AFB, even if you are a Bronco fan!

> We'll probably hear him whining this fall--Broncos do not look good
> this year. At least my Seahawks have a QB, if we can keep him
> healthy.
>
> Welcome, Cleatarrior!

Lol!

The Orton years...we have been down this road before...

Cheers!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Sun, 10 May 2009 19:23:07 -0600, Cleatarrior >
> wrote:
>
>> Kingfisher will do it:
>>
>> http://kingfisherkookers.com/products_KomboKookers.htm
>>
>> 36" Wood/Charcoal Kombo
>>
>> The combination cooker provides a chef the opportunity to grill with
>> direct heat or smoke with indirect heat. The cooking chamber has a
>> separate fire box with an adjustable air intake to control the cooking
>> temperature for smoking. A water jacket is located above the firebox
>> that forms steam to keep meat moist. The combo provides the "S" pattern
>> of smoke by positioning the cleanout shovel in the middle of the grill.
>> Direct heat can be used for grilling steaks or burgers. The 36 " cooking
>> area is 36" x 17", 612 square inches. The fire box can hold wood up to
>> 15" long. Extra racks can be purchased to double the meat capacity. The
>> cooker comes completely built to include a worktable and thermometer.

> Okay, I'll be the one who asks--what's the deal with the water jacket?
> (Dave Bugg hasn't been in much)
>
> Steam does NOT keep meat moist. If you doubt that, take a piece of
> meat and steam it for hours--or boil it. You can get it just as dry
> as you want.
>
> A lot of us here in afb have bullet smokers and have filled the water
> pans with sand--never yet had meat dry out because of that.

I never have any need for water in my Cookshack either.

> That said--and I'm seriously curious--the Kingfishers do look pretty
> good, even if they're from *that* state. (I'm in the Seattle
> area--those of us who like pro basketball aren't all that fond of
> Oklahoma these days)

Well I use mine for flavorizing, because when you fill it with cider
vinegar, or apple juice, you get a real nice tang on that smoke.

And yeah, they are very nicely built.

Sorry you lost your Sonics, we like your old coach though - our Thuggets
are looking timely!

Close it, close it!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> In ,
> Cleatarrior > typed:
>
> --clip--
>
> Welcome to AFB, even if you are a Bronco fan!
>
> MartyB in KC

especially because of that fact

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Mike wrote:
> "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
>> In ,
>> Cleatarrior > typed:
>>
>> --clip--
>>
>> Welcome to AFB, even if you are a Bronco fan!
>>
>> MartyB in KC

> especially because of that fact

How many Superbowls have they lost so far?

Go Steelers!

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 12-May-2009, Sqwertz > wrote:

> Mike wrote:
> > "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> >> In ,
> >> Cleatarrior > typed:
> >>
> >> --clip--
> >>
> >> Welcome to AFB, even if you are a Bronco fan!
> >>
> >> MartyB in KC

> > especially because of that fact

> How many Superbowls have they lost so far?
>
> Go Steelers!
>
> -sw

I guess the Bronco's have lost a few Super Bowls. How many
Super Bowls have the Steelers played in?

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> Mike wrote:
>> "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
>>> In ,
>>> Cleatarrior > typed:
>>>
>>> --clip--
>>>
>>> Welcome to AFB, even if you are a Bronco fan!
>>>
>>> MartyB in KC

>> especially because of that fact

> How many Superbowls have they lost so far?
>
> Go Steelers!
>
> -sw

'Least we're not the Bills.

Posted to alt.sports.football.pro.denver-broncos,alt.sports.football.pro.kc-chiefs,alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.food.barbecue

Fred Waiss, Sr. wrote:

> "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
>> In ,
>> Cleatarrior > typed:

>>> No problem.
>>>
>>> For a basic recipe database and technique reading I like any of the
>>> Steven Raichlen books - his first one "How To Grill" or the "BBQ
>>> Bible" are clear and full of photos.
>>>
>>> For great KC ribs and specialties the Kansas City BBQ Society has a
>>> neat cookbook, get it on Amazon:
>>>

>> http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-City-Ba...1900118&sr=1-1
>>

>>> Another good one is "Smoke and Spice":
>>>

>> http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Spice-Co...ref=pd_sim_b_2
>>

>>> Which should get you some basic tactics and rubs and so on.
>>>
>>> For a side-box smoker Wal Mart has those Brinkman ones, which work but
>>> are a little hard to control the temps on. You want about 250F
>>> consistent in the cooking area, and a good oven thermometer inside
>>> helps.
>>>
>>> You also want a decent digital probe to check for done - Polder makes
>>> good ones:
>>>
>>> http://www.polderonline.com/product/659444.html
>>>
>>> For foolproof smoking I swear by the Cookshack electric smoker. Load
>>> the chip tray, shut the door and set the temp. Easy.
>>>
>>> http://www.cookshack.com/smokers-for-home-use
>>>
>>> Mine's an older model I got at Cabelas - their price was good.
>>>

> Good for you! Buy more from Cabelas! Get everything you want
> at Cabelas! Buy buy buy!

LOL, Cabelas is cool, wonder how long it'll be before they open that
store in Wheatridge, 2010-11?

>>> http://www.cabelas.com/hprod-1/0005918.shtml
>>>
>>> Then I like to finish off on my gas grill with mop sauce after I hit
>>> the right temp on the remote digital probe inside the Cookshack.
>>>
>>> http://www.polderonline.com/product/125628.html
>>>
>>> I do use a side firebox cooker too for larger BBQs :
>>>
>>> http://www.kck.com/bbq/info/charcoal_grill.htm
>>>
>>> But you have to stay on the fire and coals to keep the temp stable.
>>>
>>> But if you're more into charcoal or Weber Kettles they can do a great
>>> job too. For me that Cook shack is idiot-proof ;-)
>>>
>>> I just added alt.food.barbecue to my groups list - looks like it might
>>> be the right place for this thread to drift. And hey, Marty's in it
>>> too.
>>>
>>> Enjoy!

>> If you want inexpensive, easy to use, fuel efficient, temperature stable,
>> and high quality, and don't need a lot of cooking space, get a Weber
>> Smoky
>> Mountain, or it's big brother if you want to throw in a few more bucks.
>>
>> The alt.food.barbecue NG is definitely a good hangout, there are lots of
>> knowledgeable people there.
>>

>> Pretty busy tonight, I'll post more tomorrow.
>>
>> MartyB in KC

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2009 22:18:02 -0600, Cleatarrior >
> wrote:
>
>>> A lot of us here in afb have bullet smokers and have filled the water
>>> pans with sand--never yet had meat dry out because of that.

>> I never have any need for water in my Cookshack either.

> Not surprising.
>
>>> That said--and I'm seriously curious--the Kingfishers do look pretty
>>> good, even if they're from *that* state. (I'm in the Seattle
>>> area--those of us who like pro basketball aren't all that fond of
>>> Oklahoma these days)
>>>

>> Well I use mine for flavorizing, because when you fill it with cider
>> vinegar, or apple juice, you get a real nice tang on that smoke.
>>
>> And yeah, they are very nicely built.
>>
>> Sorry you lost your Sonics, we like your old coach though - our Thuggets
>> are looking timely!

> George Karl is a trip, isn't he? SOB can coach, though.

He's so underrated I think.

I hope he gets it this time.

The man can really manage egos.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 11 May 2009 10:51:45 -0500, "Nunya Bidnits"
> > wrote:
>
>>In ,
>>Cleatarrior > typed:
>>
>>--clip--
>>
>>Welcome to AFB, even if you are a Bronco fan!

> We'll probably hear him whining this fall--Broncos do not look good
> this year. At least my Seahawks have a QB, if we can keep him
> healthy.
>
> Welcome, Cleatarrior!
>
> --
> -denny-
>
> Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
> an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
> --David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans
>
> Know the signs!
> http://www.heartinfo.org/ms/guides/9/main.html

I'm looking for tickets to the Seattle Denver preseason game

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 12 May 2009 21:21:39 GMT, Brick wrote:

> I guess the Bronco's have lost a few Super Bowls. How many
> Super Bowls have the Steelers played in?

Steelers have won 6 of 7 superbowls. Denver, 2 of 7 (or something
like that).

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 12 May 2009 21:21:39 GMT, Brick wrote:
>
>> I guess the Bronco's have lost a few Super Bowls. How many
>> Super Bowls have the Steelers played in?

> Steelers have won 6 of 7 superbowls. Denver, 2 of 7 (or something
> like that).
>
> -sw

2/6, but who's counting...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 13 May 2009 17:46:28 -0700, Denny Wheeler wrote:

> On Wed, 13 May 2009 05:02:24 -0500, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 12 May 2009 21:21:39 GMT, Brick wrote:
>>
>>> I guess the Bronco's have lost a few Super Bowls. How many
>>> Super Bowls have the Steelers played in?

>>Steelers have won 6 of 7 superbowls. Denver, 2 of 7 (or something
>>like that).

> Incorrect. Steelers have won 5 of 7. They lost one. And they were
> given one.

Pbbbt. Get over whatever play you think it was that was a bad call.
They won. You lost.

Steelers are 6 for 7 and I don't hear anybody compianing but you.
Mrpfhhf!

Heh.

ObBBQ: I'm sick of BBQ. I'm ditching my habit for a year and
concentrating on curries.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 May 2009 17:46:28 -0700, Denny Wheeler wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 13 May 2009 05:02:24 -0500, Sqwertz
>> > wrote:

>>>Steelers have won 6 of 7 superbowls. Denver, 2 of 7 (or something
>>>like that).

>> Incorrect. Steelers have won 5 of 7. They lost one. And they were
>> given one.

> Pbbbt. Get over whatever play you think it was that was a bad call.
> They won. You lost.
>
> Steelers are 6 for 7 and I don't hear anybody compianing but you.
> Mrpfhhf!
>
> Heh.
>
> ObBBQ: I'm sick of BBQ. I'm ditching my habit for a year and
> concentrating on curries.
>
> -sw

I would say a few million people in the Seattle area will disagree with you
Sqwertz.

Posted to alt.sports.football.pro.denver-broncos,alt.sports.football.pro.kc-chiefs,alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.food.barbecue

"Cleatarrior" > wrote in message
> Fred Waiss, Sr. wrote:
>>
>> "Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
>>> In ,
>>> Cleatarrior > typed:

>>> http://www.amazon.com/Kansas-City-Ba...1900118&sr=1-1

>>> http://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Spice-Co...ref=pd_sim_b_2

>> Good for you! Buy more from Cabelas! Get everything you want at
>> Cabelas! Buy buy buy!

> LOL, Cabelas is cool, wonder how long it'll be before they open that store in
> Wheatridge, 2010-11?

They had originally planned to open 12 in 2008/2009. Economy made 'em
slow down to 2 this year--Scarborough, Maine & Billings, Montana. Hoping for
2010 in Wheatridge.

>>> If you want inexpensive, easy to use, fuel efficient, temperature stable,
>>> and high quality, and don't need a lot of cooking space, get a Weber Smoky
>>> Mountain, or it's big brother if you want to throw in a few more bucks.
>>>
>>> The alt.food.barbecue NG is definitely a good hangout, there are lots of
>>> knowledgeable people there.
>>>

>>> Pretty busy tonight, I'll post more tomorrow.
>>>
>>> MartyB in KC

Posted to alt.sports.football.pro.denver-broncos,alt.sports.football.pro.kc-chiefs,alt.sports.football.pro.oak-raiders,alt.sports.football.pro.sd-chargers,alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> In et,
> Fred Waiss, Sr. > typed:

>> Good for you! Buy more from Cabelas! Get everything you
>> want at Cabelas! Buy buy buy!
>>

> I'm guessing there's an ulterior motive for that post...
>
> I haven't been to the bigass Cabela's they built out by the Kansas Speedway
> but if you're involved, Fred, maybe I'll go check it out.
>
> MartyB in KC

The secret is out. I work in the warehouse in PDC, WI. Been with 'em for 18+
years...and still just a grunt. No ambition.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 13 May 2009 05:02:24 -0500, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 12 May 2009 21:21:39 GMT, Brick wrote:
>>
>>> I guess the Bronco's have lost a few Super Bowls. How many
>>> Super Bowls have the Steelers played in?

>>Steelers have won 6 of 7 superbowls. Denver, 2 of 7 (or something
>>like that).

> Incorrect. Steelers have won 5 of 7. They lost one. And they were
> given one.
>
> --
> -denny-
>
> Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
> an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
> --David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans
>
> Know the signs!
> http://www.heartinfo.org/ms/guides/9/main.html

They gifted them twice

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 14 May 2009 07:28:18 -0700, Mike wrote:

> "Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
>
>> Incorrect. Steelers have won 5 of 7. They lost one. And they were
>> given one.

> They gifted them twice

Bunch of pussy whiners. Suck it up.

-sw

FS: A HISTORY OF THE WORLD in 6 GLASSES History About the GreatBeverages incl. TEA by TOM STANDAGE 29%off [email protected] Tea 0 26-08-2016 09:31 AM
ds games. cheap as genuine nintendo japanese MEGA games. 3 year warranty stoja General Cooking 1 12-05-2011 03:10 PM
Aga Legacy sgrimes83 Cooking Equipment 0 24-01-2005 07:14 AM
Aga Legacy sgrimes83 Cooking Equipment 0 24-01-2005 07:10 AM
Aga Legacy sgrimes83 Cooking Equipment 0 24-01-2005 07:01 AM