Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default BBQ'ing Short Ribs on a Kettle

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 18:57:11 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 09:20:53 -0700, Desideria wrote:
>
>> I do know that you have your limits, and I understand why you kf gmail
>> posters, even though we're not ALL spammers! <g> (I use gmail because
>> it actually has rather good filters, ironically enough)

>But you're not posting from Google and you have the option of
>putting any address you like in your posts. If you just use
>"geemail.com" that would solve everything. That's what most posters
>who run into this problem have done.
>
>-sw

<G> I'll ask Denny if he can help me do that. I'm a rookie, and
haven't even been able to successfully munge my address. But...it IS
kinda handy to have an unmunged address.

Besides, Dave decided he liked me and I got an exception.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 19:06:43 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>So I'm just now reading this thread (thanks to somebody who pointed
>it out but doesn't read often enough to have told me sooner).
>
>So this is why I get bitched out for telling Granby to "Just do it!"
>when telling him to put his damn smoker together and stop fretting
>about it?
>
>You know, not all of us read all threads especially when they see
>"Kettle" and top posters. I have skipped nearly all his posts
>because I can't stand the top-topting. But I didn't say anything
>about it.
>
>So **** everyone who thought I was rude to him/her. I don't have
>digital E ****ing SP. And I mean that sincerely.
>
>-sw

No problem, though Granby's still a gal, as far as I know... ;-)

And I'm REALLY disappointed to hear you haven't have the upgrade for
digital ESP, especially the 'f***ing' part.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Desideria wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:52:59 GMT, "Steve" > wrote:
>
>> Lee
>>
>> You are top posting to an article posted nearly 24 days ago
>>
>> for us to figure out what you are talking about first we must scroll
>> all the way through original posts and then bounce to the top to see
>> your comments
>>
>> If you would merely bottom post then we can scan through the message
>> and then read yours, one nice easy flow
>>
>> would you please considering hitting the CTRL + END keys at the same
>> time for us?

> Steve, Lee uses a screen reader that doesn't allow her to use CTRL +
> END. If she tries it, the reader starts chattering and shoots out
> multiple copies of the same post.
>
> She's stated it a couple times today, but probably after you sent this
> post.

So, he can use the screen reader to see well enough to read what he's
written, to follow along with a thread, but not well enough to scroll down
to the end of a post. That's utter BULLSHIT. I kf'd both granbee and stormee
and have not missed a damned thing.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 4, 7:06*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> So **** everyone who thought I was rude to him/her. *I don't have
> digital E ****ing SP. *And I mean that sincerely.

Damn, dude. Such hostility. You need to get laid... and soon.

-frohe
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

using that key strok doesn't work, the screen reader programming interfers
with the stroke so i am sorry i can't do it, Lee
"Steve" > wrote in message
> Lee
>
> You are top posting to an article posted nearly 24 days ago
>
> for us to figure out what you are talking about first we must scroll all
> the
> way through original posts and then bounce to the top to see your comments
>
> If you would merely bottom post then we can scan through the message and
> then read yours, one nice easy flow
>
> would you please considering hitting the CTRL + END keys at the same time
> for us?
>
> --
> Steve
> -------------------------
> There is no U in my email address

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

ok now you owe me a roll of paper towels, LOL, Lee
"Desideria" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 19:06:43 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>

>>So I'm just now reading this thread (thanks to somebody who pointed
>>it out but doesn't read often enough to have told me sooner).
>>
>>So this is why I get bitched out for telling Granby to "Just do it!"
>>when telling him to put his damn smoker together and stop fretting
>>about it?
>>
>>You know, not all of us read all threads especially when they see
>>"Kettle" and top posters. I have skipped nearly all his posts
>>because I can't stand the top-topting. But I didn't say anything
>>about it.
>>
>>So **** everyone who thought I was rude to him/her. I don't have
>>digital E ****ing SP. And I mean that sincerely.
>>
>>-sw

> No problem, though Granby's still a gal, as far as I know... ;-)
>
> And I'm REALLY disappointed to hear you haven't have the upgrade for
> digital ESP, especially the 'f***ing' part.
>

> Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

lol, Lee

"Desideria" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 17:00:05 -0500, "Stormmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>you lefft out the beer, Lee

> Oh, we never talk about beer here. <EG>
>

> Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thanks des, and i answered his as well. i am giving myself until i have
completely read the whole ng, to answer this issue then i am simply going to
ignore it, again thanks for helping, Lee

"Desideria" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 22:52:59 GMT, "Steve" > wrote:
>
>>Lee
>>
>>You are top posting to an article posted nearly 24 days ago
>>
>>for us to figure out what you are talking about first we must scroll all
>>the
>>way through original posts and then bounce to the top to see your comments
>>
>>If you would merely bottom post then we can scan through the message and
>>then read yours, one nice easy flow
>>
>>would you please considering hitting the CTRL + END keys at the same time
>>for us?

> Steve, Lee uses a screen reader that doesn't allow her to use CTRL +
> END. If she tries it, the reader starts chattering and shoots out
> multiple copies of the same post.
>
> She's stated it a couple times today, but probably after you sent this
> post.
>

> Desideria

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I am sad for dave that he has such a lack of understanding of screen
reading, and i am sad because evidently i haven't expressed it correctly,
there is no seeing for me at all i am totally blind. my screen reader does
everything auditorily, and the biggest issue is that the reader programming
interfers with specific functions of different programs, as an example, i
couldn't save anything to the drafts file of OE until a couple of upgrades
ago. it would act like it saved it, and at first wouldn't let me back into
the message, then later it would let me back in and i would hear everything
i typed, then it would just eat the message, I truly feel bad for dave that
he is so limited in his understanding and i hope someday he might
understand but he has done th the right thing and kf us, i would hate to
think my disability, or rather the disability of my screen reader made him
so very hostile... as a woman i was raised to avoid conflict, not that i do
but it still bothers me, Lee