Member

Thumbs up Weber BBQ

Wow I've just bought a Weber Go-Anywhere and have been blown away by the taste of the bbq food compared to my old gaser! It took a little to get used to, lighting etc but I'm converted! I researched it and found some great recipes on youtube... one in particular is a guy called TheWeberChef, he seems to know what he's on about! check it out and let me know what you think and if you have any other tips/pointers as I am just a beginner! I'm going to try the Cedar Plank Salmon next, heard rave reviews about that
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Weber BBQ

BBQLover wrote:
> Wow I've just bought a Weber Go-Anywhere and have been blown away by the
> taste of the bbq food compared to my old gaser! It took a little to get
> used to, lighting etc but I'm converted! I researched it and found some
> great recipes on youtube... one in particular is a guy called
> TheWeberChef, he seems to know what he's on about! check it out and
> let me know what you think and if you have any other tips/pointers as I
> am just a beginner! I'm going to try the Cedar Plank Salmon next, heard
> rave reviews about that

S'pam
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Shawn Martin wrote:
> BBQLover wrote:
>> Wow I've just bought a Weber Go-Anywhere and have been blown away by the
>> taste of the bbq food compared to my old gaser! It took a little to get
>> used to, lighting etc but I'm converted! I researched it and found some
>> great recipes on youtube... one in particular is a guy called
>> TheWeberChef, he seems to know what he's on about! check it out and
>> let me know what you think and if you have any other tips/pointers as I
>> am just a beginner! I'm going to try the Cedar Plank Salmon next, heard
>> rave reviews about that
>>

> S'pam

I don't think so from my research. Chris has his own site which if he'd
have posted about I would have possibly agreed with you. From my reseach
he's being honest and just discovered the wonderful world of queing
recently.

I think he's just trying to pass on what he recently discovered,
something we all did and hopefully still do.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Shawn Martin wrote:
>> BBQLover wrote:
>>> Wow I've just bought a Weber Go-Anywhere and have been blown away by the
>>> taste of the bbq food compared to my old gaser! It took a little to get
>>> used to, lighting etc but I'm converted! I researched it and found some
>>> great recipes on youtube... one in particular is a guy called
>>> TheWeberChef, he seems to know what he's on about! check it out and
>>> let me know what you think and if you have any other tips/pointers as I
>>> am just a beginner! I'm going to try the Cedar Plank Salmon next, heard
>>> rave reviews about that
>>>

>> S'pam

> I don't think so from my research. Chris has his own site which if he'd
> have posted about I would have possibly agreed with you. From my reseach
> he's being honest and just discovered the wonderful world of queing
> recently.
>
> I think he's just trying to pass on what he recently discovered, something
> we all did and hopefully still do.
>
> --
> Steve

I'm not sure. There is no link, but it certainly reads like ad copy, not a
genuine bbq addicts post. It comes from foodbanter.com IIRC, this guy
posted here before and it sounded like spam. Kevin, is that you?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I'm not sure. There is no link, but it certainly reads like ad copy, not a
> genuine bbq addicts post. It comes from foodbanter.com IIRC, this guy
> posted here before and it sounded like spam. Kevin, is that you?

I stand corrected. I re-went to theweberchef site followed the link to
his site and re-read it. His site says: "Urban Griller: BBQ recipes and
outdoor cooking ideas, I run BBQ cooking classes and BBQ catering
service in Western Australia."

Apologies for doubting you Shawn...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Shawn Martin wrote:
>> BBQLover wrote:
>>> Wow I've just bought a Weber Go-Anywhere and have been blown away by the
>>> taste of the bbq food compared to my old gaser! It took a little to get
>>> used to, lighting etc but I'm converted! I researched it and found some
>>> great recipes on youtube... one in particular is a guy called
>>> TheWeberChef, he seems to know what he's on about! check it out and
>>> let me know what you think and if you have any other tips/pointers as I
>>> am just a beginner! I'm going to try the Cedar Plank Salmon next, heard
>>> rave reviews about that
>>>

>> S'pam

> I don't think so from my research. Chris has his own site which if he'd
> have posted about I would have possibly agreed with you. From my reseach
> he's being honest and just discovered the wonderful world of queing
> recently.
>
> I think he's just trying to pass on what he recently discovered,
> something we all did and hopefully still do.
>
> --
> Steve

OK, I'll give him a break.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure. There is no link, but it certainly reads like ad copy,
>> not a genuine bbq addicts post. It comes from foodbanter.com IIRC,
>> this guy posted here before and it sounded like spam. Kevin, is that
>> you?
>>

> I stand corrected. I re-went to theweberchef site followed the link to
> his site and re-read it. His site says: "Urban Griller: BBQ recipes and
> outdoor cooking ideas, I run BBQ cooking classes and BBQ catering
> service in Western Australia."
>
> Apologies for doubting you Shawn...

's OK. My spamdar sometimes gets over sensitive...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 07:28:52 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Shawn Martin wrote:
>> BBQLover wrote:
>>> Wow I've just bought a Weber Go-Anywhere and have been blown away by the
>>> taste of the bbq food compared to my old gaser! It took a little to get
>>> used to, lighting etc but I'm converted! I researched it and found some
>>> great recipes on youtube... one in particular is a guy called
>>> TheWeberChef, he seems to know what he's on about! check it out and
>>> let me know what you think and if you have any other tips/pointers as I
>>> am just a beginner! I'm going to try the Cedar Plank Salmon next, heard
>>> rave reviews about that
>>>

>> S'pam

>I don't think so from my research. Chris has his own site which if he'd
>have posted about I would have possibly agreed with you. From my reseach
>he's being honest and just discovered the wonderful world of queing
>recently.
>
>I think he's just trying to pass on what he recently discovered,
>something we all did and hopefully still do.

Well, he does rather *sound* like spam, especially as there's no name
attached to his post.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Shawn Martin" > wrote in message
ster.com...

> OK, I'll give him a break.

Not until he learns the difference between bbq and grilling, and has
memorized chapters 3 through 7 in the FAQ:
http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQLover View Post
Wow I've just bought a Weber Go-Anywhere and have been blown away by the taste of the bbq food compared to my old gaser! It took a little to get used to, lighting etc but I'm converted! I researched it and found some great recipes on youtube... one in particular is a guy called TheWeberChef, he seems to know what he's on about! check it out and let me know what you think and if you have any other tips/pointers as I am just a beginner! I'm going to try the Cedar Plank Salmon next, heard rave reviews about that
This is BBQLover and I don't know who you guys are or what you are talking about??? Are you researching me?? If you want to know, just ask. My name is Jacqui and I am 32 years old and have bought a small Go-Anywhere for my little unit patio area, its portable and I can take it anywhere, down to the local beach. Its not just blokes that like BBQ's btw. Sorry if I've clearly ruffled a few feathers but can we just keep it to the subject? Lol paranoid

Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQLover View Post
This is BBQLover and I don't know who you guys are or what you are talking about??? Are you researching me?? If you want to know, just ask. My name is Jacqui and I am 32 years old and have bought a small Go-Anywhere for my little unit patio area, its portable and I can take it anywhere, down to the local beach. Its not just blokes that like BBQ's btw. Sorry if I've clearly ruffled a few feathers but can we just keep it to the subject? Lol paranoid

I have used the go anywhere on many occaisions, my GF has one. What a machine, I love it almost as much as my kettle.

In America you must appreciate that sometimes they dont get the nuances of other cultures, for example, in Australia, BBQ is a general term and it covers both grilling and BBQ. There is no such thing as dedicated "grilling" BBQ covers both genres.

Funny how you got pulled up on that, its not like they own the genre of BBQ, I am quite sure there are quite a few Australians, South Africans, NZers, English and Germans that would agree.

Sorry Yanks, but there are other cultures in your world
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

BBQLover > wrote:
> BBQLover;1287670 Wrote:
> > Wow I've just bought a Weber Go-Anywhere and have been blown away by
> > the taste of the bbq food compared to my old gaser! It took a little
> > to get used to, lighting etc but I'm converted! I researched it and
> > found some great recipes on youtube... one in particular is a guy
> > called TheWeberChef, he seems to know what he's on about! check it out
> > and let me know what you think and if you have any other tips/pointers
> > as I am just a beginner! I'm going to try the Cedar Plank Salmon next,
> > heard rave reviews about that

> This is BBQLover and I don't know who you guys are or what you are
> talking about??? Are you researching me?? If you want to know, just
> ask. My name is Jacqui and I am 32 years old and have bought a small
> Go-Anywhere for my little unit patio area, its portable and I can take
> it anywhere, down to the local beach. Its not just blokes that like
> BBQ's btw. Sorry if I've clearly ruffled a few feathers but can we
> just keep it to the subject? Lol paranoid

Hi Jacqui (not to be confused with Jacquie). Welcome to the zoo. I haven't
researched you. My feathers aren't ruffled. Just be cool, OK?

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

moolooman > wrote:[i]
> BBQLover;1288253 Wrote:
> > This is BBQLover and I don't know who you guys are or what you are
> > talking about??? Are you researching me?? If you want to know, just
> > ask. My name is Jacqui and I am 32 years old and have bought a small
> > Go-Anywhere for my little unit patio area, its portable and I can take
> > it anywhere, down to the local beach. Its not just blokes that like
> > BBQ's btw. Sorry if I've clearly ruffled a few feathers but can we
> > just keep it to the subject? Lol paranoid

> I have used the go anywhere on many occasions, my GF has one. What a
> machine, I love it almost as much as my kettle.
>
> In America you must appreciate that sometimes they dont get the nuances
> of other cultures, for example, in Australia, BBQ is a general term and
> it covers both grilling and BBQ. There is no such thing as dedicated
> "grilling" BBQ covers both genres.
>
> Funny how you got pulled up on that, its not like they own the genre of
> BBQ, I am quite sure there are quite a few Australians, South Africans,
> NZers, English and Germans that would agree.
>
> Sorry Yanks, but there are other cultures in your world

I'm stunned! You mean I'm not the King?

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"BBQLover" > wrote in message

> This is BBQLover and I don't know who you guys are or what you are
> talking about??? Are you researching me?? If you want to know, just
> ask.

You posted from FoodBanter.com. According to FoodBanter, there is a web
site for bbqlover in AU. It just looks as though you are promoting your web
site.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> "BBQLover" > wrote in message
> >
> > This is BBQLover and I don't know who you guys are or what you are
> > talking about??? Are you researching me?? If you want to know, just
> > ask.

> You posted from FoodBanter.com. According to FoodBanter, there is a
> web site for bbqlover in AU. It just looks as though you are
> promoting your web site.

It's a funny kind of promotion that doesn't mention the site.

Brian

--
Day 41 of the "no grouchy usenet posts" project

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"moolooman" > wrote in message

> Sorry Yanks, but there are other cultures in your world

Wow, one would never have guessed. The problem is, you're playing in our
backyard, and bbq and grilling have specific meanings. Again, see the FAQ:
http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 16, 12:48*pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> "moolooman" > wrote in message

> > Sorry Yanks, but there are other cultures in your world

> Wow, one would never have guessed.

Yeah, cuz we only have one single monolithic culture here in the US of
A.

We're much like Iceland or Japan in that regard.

We are Borg.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Default User" > wrote in message

> It's a funny kind of promotion that doesn't mention the site.

Re-read it. He mentions bbqchef on YouTube.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:00:53 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Shawn Martin" > wrote in message
onster.com...

>>> OK, I'll give him a break.

>>Not until he learns the difference between bbq and grilling, and has
>>memorized chapters 3 through 7 in the FAQ:
>>http://www.bbq-porch.org/faq/

> Cut him some slack, Dave--they don't really have bbq Down Under.

I bet they have seafood though.

TFM® - Grumbling at the lack of affordable seafood in Floriduh.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® wrote:

>> Cut him some slack, Dave--they don't really have bbq Down Under.

ah come on... I'm sure pulled wallaby would be right tasty... ;-)

> I bet they have seafood though.
>
> TFM® - Grumbling at the lack of affordable seafood in Floriduh.

Really? That surprises me. I figured it be pretty reasonable down there!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> TFM® wrote:
>>>
>>> Cut him some slack, Dave--they don't really have bbq Down Under.

> ah come on... I'm sure pulled wallaby would be right tasty... ;-)
>>

>> I bet they have seafood though.
>>
>> TFM® - Grumbling at the lack of affordable seafood in Floriduh.

> Really? That surprises me. I figured it be pretty reasonable down there!

Quite the opposite. If you run into a fishing boat out in the gulf, you can
trade booze for whatever they have and get a helluva deal. Buying seafood
from the stores would be cheaper and fresher in Iowa.

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 22-Mar-2009, Steve Calvin > wrote:

> TFM® wrote:
> >>
> >> Cut him some slack, Dave--they don't really have bbq Down Under.

> ah come on... I'm sure pulled wallaby would be right tasty... ;-)
> >

> > I bet they have seafood though.
> >
> > TFM® - Grumbling at the lack of affordable seafood in Floriduh.

> Really? That surprises me. I figured it be pretty reasonable down there!

All the major markets have is frozen and poor selection at that. I shop for
seafood at a local fishmonger. I bought a fresh tuna steak yesterday for
$13/lb. Fresh Snapper or Grouper is $13 to $15/lb. Fresh whole Snapper
or grouper is about $8/llb. Fresh USDA Choice steak is cheaper.

Brick said that.

Weber SMS MikeandCori Barbecue 5 08-11-2011 04:41 AM
Custom upgrading Weber Q 200 to Weber Q 220 ddennick Barbecue 1 05-01-2010 11:42 PM
Weber S-450 raymond Barbecue 0 07-03-2007 10:14 PM
If anyone's considering a Weber... Kent Barbecue 6 24-03-2005 05:25 AM
Need to buy a Weber! JaKe Barbecue 15 15-09-2004 09:33 PM