Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Coming back

Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for last
two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass last
May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started back
qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which was
delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM.

Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos. Retired US Air
Force to boot, we are a cultural mis-mash but somehow we work well together.
Probably because she is so forgiving as I can be a handful.

Can't believe my website is still up, I closed my ISP account sometime ago,
enjoy it while you can, You can see a picture of my beautiful late wife and
I where we lived in Bolingbrook, IL. Some day if I can figure out how to get
the files back into Front Page (it crashed) I may place it on a pay for
website.

http://web.comporium.net/~amwil/

I saw the cool map of q'rs and stuck our mugs up too, cool idea!

Regards,
Piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Piedmont wrote:
> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for last
> two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass last
> May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started back
> qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which was
> delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM.
>
> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos. Retired US Air
> Force to boot, we are a cultural mis-mash but somehow we work well
> together.
> Probably because she is so forgiving as I can be a handful.
>
> Can't believe my website is still up, I closed my ISP account sometime ago,
> enjoy it while you can, You can see a picture of my beautiful late wife and
> I where we lived in Bolingbrook, IL. Some day if I can figure out how to
> get
> the files back into Front Page (it crashed) I may place it on a pay for
> website.
>
> http://web.comporium.net/~amwil/
>
> I saw the cool map of q'rs and stuck our mugs up too, cool idea!
>
> Regards,
> Piedmont

Welcome back-

Brian
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In alt.food.barbecue, Piedmont > wrote:

> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos.

Does she have a sister?

Good to see you back. Lay off the pulled pork tho...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Welcome Back, Mike. Sound like things are looking up for you.

We got rid of KSW in the meantime, so the tone of the group has gotten a
lot better.

And I've been needing your help defending the ECB while you've been away...

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Piedmont wrote:
> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for last
> two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass last
> May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started back
> qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which was
> delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM.
>
> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos. Retired US Air
> Force to boot, we are a cultural mis-mash but somehow we work well
> together.
> Probably because she is so forgiving as I can be a handful.
>
> Can't believe my website is still up, I closed my ISP account sometime ago,
> enjoy it while you can, You can see a picture of my beautiful late wife and
> I where we lived in Bolingbrook, IL. Some day if I can figure out how to
> get
> the files back into Front Page (it crashed) I may place it on a pay for
> website.
>
> http://web.comporium.net/~amwil/
>
> I saw the cool map of q'rs and stuck our mugs up too, cool idea!
>
> Regards,
> Piedmont

Do you think you could post your brining book somewhere? I could host it if
you can't find a place. The links to that and your recipe zip file don't
work. If you want me to host these documents please email them to

gwe AT tinyisland DOT com

thanks!

Grant Erwin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for
> last
> two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass last
> May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started back
> qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which was
> delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM.
>
> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos. Retired US Air
> Force to boot, we are a cultural mis-mash but somehow we work well
> together.
> Probably because she is so forgiving as I can be a handful.
>
> Can't believe my website is still up, I closed my ISP account sometime
> ago,
> enjoy it while you can, You can see a picture of my beautiful late wife
> and
> I where we lived in Bolingbrook, IL. Some day if I can figure out how to
> get
> the files back into Front Page (it crashed) I may place it on a pay for
> website.
>
> http://web.comporium.net/~amwil/
>
> I saw the cool map of q'rs and stuck our mugs up too, cool idea!
>
> Regards,
> Piedmont

Good to see you back Mike.
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for
> last
> two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass last
> May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started back
> qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which was
> delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM.
>
> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos. Retired US Air
> Force to boot, we are a cultural mis-mash but somehow we work well
> together.
> Probably because she is so forgiving as I can be a handful.

I'm so sorry brother. Good luck with the new life.

--
Aloha Nui Loa,
TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> Welcome Back, Mike. Sound like things are looking up for you.
>
> We got rid of KSW in the meantime, so the tone of the group has gotten a
> lot better.
>
> And I've been needing your help defending the ECB while you've been
> away...

You'll need more than his help, mortal!

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
> In alt.food.barbecue, Piedmont > wrote:
>
>> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
>> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos.

> Does she have a sister?

LOL, yes she does, she is single, has a masters degree and works in social
services in new york!

> Good to see you back. Lay off the pulled pork tho...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> Welcome Back, Mike. Sound like things are looking up for you.
>
> We got rid of KSW in the meantime, so the tone of the group has gotten a
> lot better.
>
> And I've been needing your help defending the ECB while you've been
> away...
>
> -sw

If it runs on wood or charcoal it's the only way to go!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"TFM®" > wrote in message
om...

> "Piedmont" > wrote in message
>> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for
>> last
>> two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass last
>> May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started back
>> qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which was
>> delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM.
>>
>> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
>> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos. Retired US
>> Air
>> Force to boot, we are a cultural mis-mash but somehow we work well
>> together.
>> Probably because she is so forgiving as I can be a handful.

> I'm so sorry brother. Good luck with the new life.
>
> --
> Aloha Nui Loa,
> TFM®

My heart goes out to you also, I think of you and Kili each time I've lurked
as of late.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Piedmont wrote:
> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for last
> two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass last
> May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started back
> qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which was
> delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM.
>
> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos. Retired US Air
> Force to boot, we are a cultural mis-mash but somehow we work well
> together.
> Probably because she is so forgiving as I can be a handful.
>
> Can't believe my website is still up, I closed my ISP account sometime ago,
> enjoy it while you can, You can see a picture of my beautiful late wife and
> I where we lived in Bolingbrook, IL. Some day if I can figure out how to
> get
> the files back into Front Page (it crashed) I may place it on a pay for
> website.
>
> http://web.comporium.net/~amwil/
>
> I saw the cool map of q'rs and stuck our mugs up too, cool idea!

Good for you and welcome back.
--
Nonny
Elected officials should wear
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Piedmont wrote:

>> I'm so sorry brother. Good luck with the new life.
>>
>> --
>> Aloha Nui Loa,
>> TFM®

> My heart goes out to you also, I think of you and Kili each time I've
> lurked as of late.

I think you both fall into that line of thinking for anyone who's been
around here for any length of time.

Welcome back Mike. I was glad to see the note today that "Piedmont" had
left a marker on the map! :-D

Hey: I'm in NY... hmmmm....... naw... Nancy knows where I sleep. ;-)

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 12, 4:46*pm, "Piedmont" > wrote:
> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message

> > Welcome Back, Mike. *Sound like things are looking up for you.

> > We got rid of KSW in the meantime, so the tone of the group has gotten a
> > lot better.

> > And I've been needing your help defending the ECB while you've been
> > away...

> > -sw

> If it runs on wood or charcoal it's the only way to go!

There ya go! Nuff said.

Welcome back, now you're in Yankee country again eh?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for
> last
> two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass last
> May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started back
> qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which was
> delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM.
>
> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos. Retired US Air
> Force to boot, we are a cultural mis-mash but somehow we work well
> together.
> Probably because she is so forgiving as I can be a handful.

Glad to see you back. Sorry for the run of bad luck, but it seems to be
changing. Much good luck to you in the future.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Piedmont" > wrote:
> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for
> last two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass
> last May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started
> back qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which
> was delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM.
>
> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos. Retired US
> Air Force to boot, we are a cultural mis-mash but somehow we work well
> together. Probably because she is so forgiving as I can be a handful.
>
> Can't believe my website is still up, I closed my ISP account sometime
> ago, enjoy it while you can, You can see a picture of my beautiful late
> wife and I where we lived in Bolingbrook, IL. Some day if I can figure
> out how to get the files back into Front Page (it crashed) I may place it
> on a pay for website.
>
> http://web.comporium.net/~amwil/
>
> I saw the cool map of q'rs and stuck our mugs up too, cool idea!
>
> Regards,
> Piedmont

Welcome back, Piedmont. I vaguely remember you.

Sorry to hear about your late wife's demise. Glad to hear you survived your
quad byp! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. ;-)

TFM®'s brined turkey sounds like a good re-introduction to the word of Q.
How did your affianced like it?

Last time I had lechón asado was on a mountain road outside of Cayey. Mmm
mm, good! I love Habichuelas Negras, Cristianos y Moros. My half Puerto
Rican daughter still cooks up some comida criolla sometimes.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Grant Erwin" > wrote in message
> Piedmont wrote:
>> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for
>> last

snip
>> http://web.comporium.net/~amwil/
>>
>> I saw the cool map of q'rs and stuck our mugs up too, cool idea!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Piedmont
>>

> Do you think you could post your brining book somewhere? I could host it
> if
> you can't find a place. The links to that and your recipe zip file don't
> work. If you want me to host these documents please email them to
>
> snip
>
> thanks!
>
> Grant Erwin

Grant,

Give me a few days and I will email to you.

Piedmont

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for
> last
> two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass last
> May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started back
> qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which was
> delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM.
>
> Recently engaged to a gorgeous Brooklynite with Puerto Rico heritage, she
> cooks a mean beans and rice, roasted pork with pastelillos. Retired US Air
> Force to boot, we are a cultural mis-mash but somehow we work well
> together.
> Probably because she is so forgiving as I can be a handful.
>
> Can't believe my website is still up, I closed my ISP account sometime
> ago,
> enjoy it while you can, You can see a picture of my beautiful late wife
> and
> I where we lived in Bolingbrook, IL. Some day if I can figure out how to
> get
> the files back into Front Page (it crashed) I may place it on a pay for
> website.
>
> http://web.comporium.net/~amwil/
>
> I saw the cool map of q'rs and stuck our mugs up too, cool idea!
>
> Regards,
> Piedmont

Old double drip (pan) man is back!! Welcome back Mike and congrats on the
upcoming nuptials!

KW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Piedmont" > wrote in message
> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for
> last
> two years, lost my wife to lung cancer, had a quadruple heart bypass last
> May (Doc said, healthiest specimen he'd ever cut into). So I started back
> qing by doing one of my favorites, TFM bird brine with turkey which was
> delicious as always, tip o' the hat to TFM........snip

Good to see you back, Mike. I'm glad things are looking better for ya.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Grant Erwin wrote:
> Piedmont wrote:
>> Just wanted to say hey to all the good folks at AFB. Been laid low for
>> last

snip

>> Regards,
>> Piedmont
>>

> Do you think you could post your brining book somewhere? I could host it if
> you can't find a place. The links to that and your recipe zip file don't
> work. If you want me to host these documents please email them to
>
> gwe AT tinyisland DOT com
>
> thanks!
>
> Grant Erwin

Hey Grant,

I just emailed you a PDF version of the Brine Cook Book minus the table
of contents part, of which I will send you next Wednesday when I go back
to my house and pick up my old MS98 PC which has everything else on it
including the zipped recipes.

Thanks!

I hope to have my web up on a new site within six months. I downloaded
the entire website but don't know how to get it back into Front Page 98
to fix broken links.

Regards,
Piedmont

SOMETHING BIG IS COMING DOWN! LIFEPHARM GLOBAL General Cooking 0 17-12-2010 06:01 PM
Coming soon modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] General Cooking 0 14-04-2009 03:57 AM
It's coming MOMPEAGRAM General Cooking 2 29-12-2006 02:25 PM
Justin Wilson's "Looking Back" reruns coming to RFD TV in May Rusty General Cooking 3 23-04-2006 02:11 PM