Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Upright Smokers???

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]

> For cold smoking I use an electric hot plate and a pans of chips. The
> gas burner is much too hot for that in warm weather.

Hot plate/packet of chips in the firebox is nice for cold smoking cheese or
sausage, too.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

John O > wrote:

> Like I'm gonna buy a Yugo and then run it on premium. :-)

This is more like buying a $300 hand-blown glass bong as compared to
making a pipe out of a empty toilet paper roll (preferably one that
held UNSCENTED toilet paper).

The $300 bong isn't going to make your weed taste any better or get
you higher than the toilet paper roll pipe. It's what you put in
them that makes all the difference.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> John O > wrote:
>
>> Like I'm gonna buy a Yugo and then run it on premium. :-)

> This is more like buying a $300 hand-blown glass bong as compared to
> making a pipe out of a empty toilet paper roll (preferably one that
> held UNSCENTED toilet paper).
>
> The $300 bong isn't going to make your weed taste any better or get
> you higher than the toilet paper roll pipe. It's what you put in
> them that makes all the difference.
>
> -sw

I like that analogy better. BTDT.

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 28, 7:34*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "D K" > wrote in message

> > Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> Screened as in with a roof? *Where is the fire extinguisher? *How far is
> >> the fire department? *Ever see the accumulated grease catch on fire?
> >> Sorry, but that is too risky for me to recommend anything.

> > I have the same arrangement minus the "accumulated grease". *Where did you
> > get that?

> > -dk

> Put a couple of briskets in a smoker and you get grease. Put enough of any
> meat with fat and you get grease. *All it takes is one unanticipated problem
> and you have a grease fire. *All it takes is one time. *Yes, it happens.- Hide quoted text -

Hell yeah, fat burns really, really well. I could have a good fat fire
every 20 lbs of meat cooked. I supposed that's one of the good things
about uprights is that they don't collect fat deposits from cook to
cook. Though I got to imagine those uprights are a bit sloppy and
messy in their own right for the same reason.
If I had any sort of overhead cover near the cooker, I'd expect it to
collect grease as well. A fair amount of it really.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "D K" > wrote in message
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> Screened as in with a roof? Where is the fire extinguisher? How far is
>>> the fire department? Ever see the accumulated grease catch on fire?
>>> Sorry, but that is too risky for me to recommend anything.
>>>

>> I have the same arrangement minus the "accumulated grease". Where did you
>> get that?
>>
>> -dk

> Put a couple of briskets in a smoker and you get grease. Put enough of any
> meat with fat and you get grease. All it takes is one unanticipated problem
> and you have a grease fire. All it takes is one time. Yes, it happens.

Maybe in an offset, but my WSM is grease free with a lot of use.

-dk

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 1, 5:47*pm, D K > wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > "D K" > wrote in message
> m...

> >> I have the same arrangement minus the "accumulated grease". *Where did you
> >> get that?

> >> -dk

> > Put a couple of briskets in a smoker and you get grease. Put enough of any
> > meat with fat and you get grease. *All it takes is one unanticipated problem
> > and you have a grease fire. *All it takes is one time. *Yes, it happens.

> Maybe in an offset, but my WSM is grease free with a lot of use.
>
> -dk- Hide quoted text -

All that fat is going somewhere. Where's it end up with a WSM, on the
ground?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Duwop wrote:

> All that fat is going somewhere. Where's it end up with a WSM, on the
> ground?

Nope, in my case it ends up in top of the aluminum foil on top of the
sand. over it up,toss it out, done. Very easy. Other than the foil
though(which is thrown out after the cook), as DW said, there is no grease.

But, true it's gotta go somewhere.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message

> Nope, in my case it ends up in top of the aluminum foil on top of the
> sand. over it up,toss it out, done. Very easy. Other than the foil
> though(which is thrown out after the cook), as DW said, there is no
> grease.

First you say the grease ends up in the foil, then you say there is no
grease. You sound confused. If fat renders, there is grease. The question
is where does it go. Next, how much is there and can it start on fire.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> Nope, in my case it ends up in top of the aluminum foil on top of the
>> sand. over it up,toss it out, done. Very easy. Other than the foil
>> though(which is thrown out after the cook), as DW said, there is no
>> grease.
>>

> First you say the grease ends up in the foil, then you say there is no
> grease. You sound confused. If fat renders, there is grease. The question
> is where does it go. Next, how much is there and can it start on fire.

Ed, I think you need to re-read....

picture this.... you cook, the grease ends up in the foil, which is
thrown out after the cook - no grease...

you seem to love to get up my butt, what's your f'ing problem
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> Nope, in my case it ends up in top of the aluminum foil on top of the
>> sand. over it up,toss it out, done. Very easy. Other than the foil
>> though(which is thrown out after the cook), as DW said, there is no
>> grease.
>>

> First you say the grease ends up in the foil, then you say there is no
> grease. You sound confused. If fat renders, there is grease. The question
> is where does it go. Next, how much is there and can it start on fire.

<sigh>

meat cook - grease go in foil - wrap foil around grease - throw foil out
- no grease....

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>>> Nope, in my case it ends up in top of the aluminum foil on top of the
>>> sand. over it up,toss it out, done. Very easy. Other than the foil
>>> though(which is thrown out after the cook), as DW said, there is no
>>> grease.
>>>

>> First you say the grease ends up in the foil, then you say there is no
>> grease. You sound confused. If fat renders, there is grease. The
>> question is where does it go. Next, how much is there and can it start
>> on fire.

> Ed, I think you need to re-read....
>
> picture this.... you cook, the grease ends up in the foil, which is thrown
> out after the cook - no grease...
>
> you seem to love to get up my butt, what's your f'ing problem

No problem, but you are confused. You just said it again. There is grease
and it ends up on the foil. You said there is no grease. If there is no
grease, there would be none on the foil.

Going back to the original post about putting a smoker on an enclosed porch,
if that grease was to start a fire, there could be a problem. It does
happen. Most can be put out simply by closing the lid, but sometimes it
does not work.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message

> meat cook - grease go in foil - wrap foil around grease - throw foil out -
> no grease....

Magic foil

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 23:19:43 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>>>

>>> First you say the grease ends up in the foil, then you say there is no
>>> grease. You sound confused. If fat renders, there is grease. The
>>> question is where does it go. Next, how much is there and can it start
>>> on fire.

>> Ed, I think you need to re-read....
>>
>> picture this.... you cook, the grease ends up in the foil, which is thrown
>> out after the cook - no grease...
>>
>> you seem to love to get up my butt, what's your f'ing problem

>No problem, but you are confused. You just said it again. There is grease
>and it ends up on the foil. You said there is no grease. If there is no
>grease, there would be none on the foil.

I'm going to jump in on this one. Let me put it this way: there is
grease, it lands on the foil. The foil is thrown away, so no *more*
grease once it's tossed.

Desideria
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>
>> You got a good deal. The shipping alone is $75 on their web site.

> The Bandera is sold at Academy, and often on sale for under $250 (but I
> haven't priced them lately).
>
>> I was really thinking more of just a cabinet without an offset box.

> Check out the Great Outdoors Smokers at Walmart <cringe>. OK I said it: W
> A L - M A R T. Several gave reported very good results with them. Even
> Big Jim has one. The big one runs about $130-$140, IIRC.
>
> You didn't mention which ones you saw at Lowes.
>
> -sw

I second Squirtz on the GOS. Long ago I got the Stainless smoker from
Costco for about 100$ I've been happy with mine.
The Stainless lets me keep it under a tree all winter. I have the smaller
model though so I have to cut spares and briskets to size or roll them up.
I prefer to fill my smoker up when I use it , so the rolling up part
eliminates allot of space for extra racks. if there is a wider model get
it

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>
>> Here's a sample:
>> http://www.amazon.com/Weber-2820-Smo.../dp/B00004U9VA
>>
>> Honestly, don't freak at the price... it'll last (and work) forever

> Is that the new model? I thought the new one had a thermo, amongst other
> things. It was announced at $499 or something like that. $500 is just
> too much for what amounts to a glorified Weber kettle.
>
> -sw

If I had $500 to spare I would hire my welder buddy to pimp up some 55
gallon drums .

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"TFM®" > wrote in message
. com...

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> Janet Wilder wrote:
>>
>>> Assuming it would meet my needs (y'all have to confirm this for me),
>>> what brand, configuration, etc. is recommended for a unit under $100?

>> What are you using now? I do all my smoking on an El Cheapo Brinkman
>> "Gourmet" (not the Smoke 'n Pits).
>>
>> If I hadn't blown my tax refund on the dentist and fines, I would have
>> probably bought a Bandera. I haven't priced a WSM for a year or so, but
>> I think they now only sell a new model, which is way overpriced.
>>
>> For $30 every 2 years, I can live with a ECBG just fine.

> You can live with it until you experience the reality.
>
> I didn't buy a WSM, it was a wedding gift. I wanted to shoot myself in
> the head for using ECB's after that.
>
> It's like pounding on a stick with a rock compared to cooking with gas.
>
> $200.00 One time. Never spend it again. That's WSM
>
> $40.00 Every year or two. That's Brinkmann.
>
> Do the math. Mine was free. Let's assume it was $220. At $40 a year for
> 5 years, we've already reached $200.00
>
> If you only replace the POS every other year, then you've saved some
> money, but you're still a n00b.
>
> Ok, now let's talk about how much better the WSM cooks (maintenance free)
> than the ECB.
>
> Not really trying to sell you one, just trying to convince the world that
> it's a vastly better cooker.
>
> TFM®

Maybe when I'm in Floriduh you'll be so kind to fire it up and give me a
demo cook?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Desideria wrote:

> I'm going to jump in on this one. Let me put it this way: there is
> grease, it lands on the foil. The foil is thrown away, so no *more*
> grease once it's tossed.
>

> Desideria

Thanks, but I get the impression that he knew that as well. I'm
"assuming" his comments were done "tongue in cheek"... <shrug>
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1-Mar-2009, D K > wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> >>>

> >> I have the same arrangement minus the "accumulated grease". Where did
> >> you
> >> get that?
> >>
> >> -dk

> > Put a couple of briskets in a smoker and you get grease. Put enough of
> > any
> > meat with fat and you get grease. All it takes is one unanticipated
> > problem
> > and you have a grease fire. All it takes is one time. Yes, it
> > happens.
> >

> Maybe in an offset, but my WSM is grease free with a lot of use.
>
> -dk

My offset has a drain with a half gallon bucket to catch the drippings.

--
Brick WA7ERO (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> In ,
> Ed Pawlowski > typed:
> --clip---
>> Going back to the original post about putting a smoker on an enclosed
>> porch, if that grease was to start a fire, there could be a problem.
>> It does happen. Most can be put out simply by closing the lid, but
>> sometimes it does not work.

> Amen.
>
> When I was just a clueless beginner pup, I decided to cook a ham in a Weber
> kettle, offset method. Like I said, clueless beginner.
>
> Things went well until adding charcoal, I let a hot one wander into the drip
> pan which as you can imagine, had accumulated quite a lot of fat. Of course,
> it flamed on. I shut the lid and vents for a few minutes, figuring to go
> back and quickly fish out the offending briquet. Of course it flamed on with
> even more intensity. So I shut all the vents and closed it down tight for a
> good twenty-thirty minutes. When I opened it again, there was one fireball
> blowing up in the lid in my hand, and another out of the kettle. Cost me
> some eyebrow and finger hair, but it could have been worse. Live and learn.
>
> That's just to illustrate that if you get a grease fire going, it can
> develop a mind of its own. I wouldn't take chances with that possibility in
> a semi-enclosed area.
>
> MartyB in KC

I have not really followed this thread, but what is meant by 'an
enclosed porch'? I would think that burning charcoal in an enclosed
area would be a serious carbon monoxide issue.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"RichZ" > wrote in message
> I have not really followed this thread, but what is meant by 'an enclosed
> porch'? I would think that burning charcoal in an enclosed area would be
> a serious carbon monoxide issue.

In this case it was screened in. CO would not be a problem, but a roof or
sidewall can be. We later found that this one has a concrete floor and brick
half wall so while better than wood, there is still that roof to contend
with if a fire erupts. A spill of grease onto a hot coal can be quite the
hazard. .

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Duwop wrote:
> On Mar 1, 5:47 pm, D K > wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> Put a couple of briskets in a smoker and you get grease. Put enough of any
>>> meat with fat and you get grease. All it takes is one unanticipated problem
>>> and you have a grease fire. All it takes is one time. Yes, it happens.

>> Maybe in an offset, but my WSM is grease free with a lot of use.
>>
>> -dk- Hide quoted text -

> All that fat is going somewhere. Where's it end up with a WSM, on the
> ground?

There's plenty in the water pan and it's easily discarded.

-dk
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Duwop" > wrote in message
> On Mar 1, 5:47 pm, D K > wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> > "D K" > wrote in message
>> m...

>> > Put a couple of briskets in a smoker and you get grease. Put enough of
>> > any
>> > meat with fat and you get grease. All it takes is one unanticipated
>> > problem
>> > and you have a grease fire. All it takes is one time. Yes, it happens.

>> Maybe in an offset, but my WSM is grease free with a lot of use.
>>
>> -dk- Hide quoted text -

> All that fat is going somewhere. Where's it end up with a WSM, on the
> ground?

It ends up burning in the fire on mine. I haven't used the water pan for a
couple of years.

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Mike" > wrote in message
ster.com...

> "TFM®" > wrote in message
> . com...

>>> What are you using now? I do all my smoking on an El Cheapo Brinkman
>>> "Gourmet" (not the Smoke 'n Pits).
>>>
>>> If I hadn't blown my tax refund on the dentist and fines, I would have
>>> probably bought a Bandera. I haven't priced a WSM for a year or so, but
>>> I think they now only sell a new model, which is way overpriced.
>>>
>>> For $30 every 2 years, I can live with a ECBG just fine.

>> You can live with it until you experience the reality.
>>
>> I didn't buy a WSM, it was a wedding gift. I wanted to shoot myself in
>> the head for using ECB's after that.
>>
>> It's like pounding on a stick with a rock compared to cooking with gas.
>>
>> $200.00 One time. Never spend it again. That's WSM
>>
>> $40.00 Every year or two. That's Brinkmann.
>>
>> Do the math. Mine was free. Let's assume it was $220. At $40 a year
>> for 5 years, we've already reached $200.00
>>
>> If you only replace the POS every other year, then you've saved some
>> money, but you're still a n00b.
>>
>> Ok, now let's talk about how much better the WSM cooks (maintenance free)
>> than the ECB.
>>
>> Not really trying to sell you one, just trying to convince the world that
>> it's a vastly better cooker.
>>
>> TFM®

> Maybe when I'm in Floriduh you'll be so kind to fire it up and give me a
> demo cook?

But of course. It'll be quite boring though. Light coals, put coals in
cooker, assemble cooker, drink.

Drink.

Drink.

Drink.

Drink.

Eat.

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> In . com,
> TFM® > typed:
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>> TFM® > wrote:
>>>

>> If a truck load of new ECB's dumped a load in my yard I'd set them by
>> the curb for trash pick up.

> Not if you saw how much you could get for them at a scrap metal depot!

I hauled 3 five gallon buckets of cast aluminum scrap and a shitload of beer
cans (the back of the Pathfinder was full with the back seats folded down)
and got $14 about a month ago. All aluminum cans go in the trash now.

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® wrote:

> I hauled 3 five gallon buckets of cast aluminum scrap and a shitload of
> beer cans (the back of the Pathfinder was full with the back seats
> folded down) and got $14 about a month ago. All aluminum cans go in the
> trash now.

$.48/lb here in Austin right now. I have some 2" x 2" x 6' solid aluminum
bars that I'll be turning in soon - about 320lbs worth. And 6 cans (Real
mean drink bottles).

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® wrote:

> I hauled 3 five gallon buckets of cast aluminum scrap and a shitload of
> beer cans (the back of the Pathfinder was full with the back seats
> folded down) and got $14 about a month ago. All aluminum cans go in the
> trash now.

We take ours to the local Humane Society. They collect and recycle and
the cash helps them. Why don't you see if there is a local charity that
will accept yours?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
> TFM® wrote:
>
>> I hauled 3 five gallon buckets of cast aluminum scrap and a shitload
>> of beer cans (the back of the Pathfinder was full with the back seats
>> folded down) and got $14 about a month ago. All aluminum cans go in
>> the trash now.

> We take ours to the local Humane Society. They collect and recycle and
> the cash helps them. Why don't you see if there is a local charity that
> will accept yours?

Are you crazy? $14 bucks almost buys a 1.75L bottle of Black Velvet!

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
> TFM® wrote:
>
>> I hauled 3 five gallon buckets of cast aluminum scrap and a shitload
>> of beer cans (the back of the Pathfinder was full with the back seats
>> folded down) and got $14 about a month ago. All aluminum cans go in
>> the trash now.

> We take ours to the local Humane Society. They collect and recycle and
> the cash helps them. Why don't you see if there is a local charity that
> will accept yours?

Our local fire departments collect them. They keep a bin outside the
firehouse for folks to use for drop off.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>> TFM® wrote:
>>
>>> I hauled 3 five gallon buckets of cast aluminum scrap and a shitload of
>>> beer cans (the back of the Pathfinder was full with the back seats
>>> folded down) and got $14 about a month ago. All aluminum cans go in the
>>> trash now.

>> We take ours to the local Humane Society. They collect and recycle and
>> the cash helps them. Why don't you see if there is a local charity that
>> will accept yours?

> Are you crazy? $14 bucks almost buys a 1.75L bottle of Black Velvet!
>
> -sw

Charity begins at home.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 1, 10:25*pm, Desideria > wrote:
> I'm going to jump in on this one. Let me put it this way: there is
> grease, it lands on the foil. The foil is thrown away, so no *more*
> grease once it's tossed.

Finally! Someone who can think past the end of their nose. -g-

-frohe

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 1, 10:31*pm, "Mike" > wrote:
> If I had $500 *to spare *I would hire my welder buddy to pimp up some 55
> gallon drums .

They're around $70 at HEB. Use the other $430 for meat. -g-

-frohe
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Goomba wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>> TFM® wrote:
>>
>>> I hauled 3 five gallon buckets of cast aluminum scrap and a shitload
>>> of beer cans (the back of the Pathfinder was full with the back seats
>>> folded down) and got $14 about a month ago. All aluminum cans go in
>>> the trash now.

>> We take ours to the local Humane Society. They collect and recycle and
>> the cash helps them. Why don't you see if there is a local charity
>> that will accept yours?

> Our local fire departments collect them. They keep a bin outside the
> firehouse for folks to use for drop off.

The Humane Society has a bin outside, too. Makes it very easy.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> TFM® wrote:
>
>> I hauled 3 five gallon buckets of cast aluminum scrap and a shitload of
>> beer cans (the back of the Pathfinder was full with the back seats folded
>> down) and got $14 about a month ago. All aluminum cans go in the trash
>> now.

> $.48/lb here in Austin right now. I have some 2" x 2" x 6' solid aluminum
> bars that I'll be turning in soon - about 320lbs worth. And 6 cans (Real
> mean drink bottles).

Right you are. I drink my whisky from a half gallon bottle. The cans were
my neighbors.

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

TFM® wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> TFM® wrote:
>>
>>> I hauled 3 five gallon buckets of cast aluminum scrap and a shitload
>>> of beer cans (the back of the Pathfinder was full with the back seats
>>> folded down) and got $14 about a month ago. All aluminum cans go in
>>> the trash now.

>> $.48/lb here in Austin right now. I have some 2" x 2" x 6' solid
>> aluminum bars that I'll be turning in soon - about 320lbs worth. And
>> 6 cans (Real mean drink bottles).

> Right you are. I drink my whisky from a half gallon bottle. The cans
> were my neighbors.

That bottle is really .4623 gallons, not to mention <cough> plastic!.
Plastic is probably better as you'd probably have knocked out all your
front teeth swigging from a glass bottle while drunk.

-sw (who has never broke a front tooth chugging from a 4Liter wine bottle)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Goomba wrote:
>> Janet Wilder wrote:

>>> We take ours to the local Humane Society. They collect and recycle
>>> and the cash helps them. Why don't you see if there is a local
>>> charity that will accept yours?

>> Our local fire departments collect them. They keep a bin outside the
>> firehouse for folks to use for drop off.

> The Humane Society has a bin outside, too. Makes it very easy.

Our Humane Society has a donation can, too. But it's for pet food. I'm
actually surprised that the bums don't raid it.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:

> I note that Janet filled (or topped off) her water pan using the
> garden hose--I always used HOT water when I used water.

Interesting. The directions that came with the smoker did not say to use
hot water. If I have to add water, I'll add hot.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south-Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 17:16:03 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski" >
> wrote:
>
>> "RichZ" > wrote in message
>>> I have not really followed this thread, but what is meant by 'an enclosed
>>> porch'? I would think that burning charcoal in an enclosed area would be
>>> a serious carbon monoxide issue.

>> In this case it was screened in. CO would not be a problem, but a roof or
>> sidewall can be. We later found that this one has a concrete floor and brick
>> half wall so while better than wood, there is still that roof to contend
>> with if a fire erupts. A spill of grease onto a hot coal can be quite the
>> hazard. .

> I think we also found that she's gonna *store* the cooker in the
> porch, and take it out to the actual outdoors when it's in use.

Right. It's outside now. I posted a picture. I don't think, however,
that the wind is its friend.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south-Texas
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 23:21:14 -0500, "Ed Pawlowski" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> meat cook - grease go in foil - wrap foil around grease - throw foil
>>> out -
>>> no grease....

>>Magic foil

> Yup. Would SC have been more clear if he'd said "no grease left to
> cause problem"??

No, because the potential problem is ---before--- the foil is removed. It
can also be DURING the removal if there are hot coals and a slip of the
foil.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 01:08:44 -0500, TFM® >
> wrote:
>
>>> Maybe when I'm in Floriduh you'll be so kind to fire it up and give me
>>> demo cook?
>>>

>>But of course. It'll be quite boring though. Light coals, put coals in
>>cooker, assemble cooker, drink.
>>
>>Drink.
>>
>>Drink.
>>
>>Drink.
>>
>>Drink.
>>
>>Eat.
>>
>>TFM®

> This is boring how?
>
> (someone had to ask)

It would be boring from an educational standpoint. Could be quite
entertaining otherwise.

TFM®

Win a $4,299 Upright Cooker [email protected] General Cooking 2 12-04-2009 03:19 AM
Adventures in Upright Smoking. Janet Wilder[_3_] Barbecue 45 09-03-2009 09:06 AM
Upright Smokers??? [email protected][_2_] Barbecue 1 07-03-2009 09:32 PM
upright smokers Dirty Harry Barbecue 7 17-06-2006 02:04 AM
Upright Freezer found! Rick & Cyndi Cooking Equipment 24 05-10-2003 01:12 PM