FoodBanter.com

-   -   Don Catalano new barbecue cookbook (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/162418-don-catalano-new-barbecue.html)

[email protected] 06-10-2008 04:29 AM

Don Catalano new barbecue cookbook

Don Catalano has a new barbecue cookbook with hundreds of terrific
recipes

Alto 06-10-2008 05:33 AM

Don Catalano new barbecue cookbook

> wrote in message
> Don Catalano has a new barbecue cookbook with hundreds of terrific
> recipes

Does it have any good recipes for SPAM?

Brick[_3_] 06-10-2008 05:09 PM

On 5-Oct-2008, wrote:

> Don Catalano has a new barbecue cookbook with hundreds of terrific
> recipes

I give up. Who is Don Catalano? What is the name of his restaurant(s)?
Where is it? What contests has he won? Why should I give a shit? I
already have hundreds of recipies on file and thousands more instantly
available on the net. When I have trouble with big words, I just ask
here and some kind souls usually translate for me.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

BOB[_1_] 06-10-2008 05:12 PM

Don Catalano new barbecue cookbook

> wrote in message
> Don Catalano has a new barbecue cookbook with hundreds of terrific
> recipes

So does Ray Lampe, aka dr BBQ
So does Paul Kirk, the Baron of BBQ

What are "Don Catalano's" credentials? Why should I believe that he knows
more than I do about BBQ? I bet he even par-boils ribs?

BOB

Nonnymus[_9_] 06-10-2008 05:15 PM

BOB wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> Don Catalano has a new barbecue cookbook with hundreds of terrific
>> recipes

> So does Ray Lampe, aka dr BBQ
> So does Paul Kirk, the Baron of BBQ
>
> What are "Don Catalano's" credentials? Why should I believe that he knows
> more than I do about BBQ? I bet he even par-boils ribs?
>
> BOB

They're great if you add liquid smoke to the water you boil them in.
Then, drain the water off, pour in tomato soup and some catsup and
voila: Barbecued Ribs!!!!!!!!!!

--
Nonnymus-

Some folk say that Southern good old boys
aren’t too smart. To that, let me remind you
that anyone who builds a city 10’ BELOW sea level
and fills it with Democrats can’t be too dumb.

TFM®[_2_] 06-10-2008 05:55 PM

Don Catalano new barbecue cookbook

" BOB" > wrote in message
.. .

> > wrote in message
>> Don Catalano has a new barbecue cookbook with hundreds of terrific
>> recipes

> So does Ray Lampe, aka dr BBQ
> So does Paul Kirk, the Baron of BBQ
>
> What are "Don Catalano's" credentials? Why should I believe that he knows
> more than I do about BBQ? I bet he even par-boils ribs?
>
> BOB

Paul Kirk! LOL, PIMP. I met him in Tn at the world BBQ cookoff. I ate
what his team had (ahem) prepared. They threw most of it away the next
morning for good reason. It was semi-inedible.

Baron of BBQ's ass. He might be the Baron of beer.

TFM®

Sqwertz[_27_] 06-10-2008 06:00 PM

Brick wrote:
> On 5-Oct-2008, wrote:
>
>> Don Catalano has a new barbecue cookbook with hundreds of terrific
>> recipes

> I give up. Who is Don Catalano?

A nobody. "Don Catelano" is just a name thrown around by this troll.
The person, the book, and his reputation are all completely fictional.
Some people have no lives. Hopefully this is the precursor to blowing
one's head off.

-sw

BOB[_1_] 06-10-2008 10:26 PM

Don Catalano new barbecue cookbook

"TFM®" > wrote in message
om...

> " BOB" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> Don Catalano has a new barbecue cookbook with hundreds of terrific
>>> recipes

>> So does Ray Lampe, aka dr BBQ
>> So does Paul Kirk, the Baron of BBQ
>>
>> What are "Don Catalano's" credentials? Why should I believe that he
>> knows more than I do about BBQ? I bet he even par-boils ribs?
>>
>> BOB
>>

> Paul Kirk! LOL, PIMP. I met him in Tn at the world BBQ cookoff. I ate
> what his team had (ahem) prepared. They threw most of it away the next
> morning for good reason. It was semi-inedible.
>
> Baron of BBQ's ass. He might be the Baron of beer.

Well, OK, then. He does tell a great tale, and brings good 'shine with him.

Does this make him any better or worse than "Don Catalano"?

> TFM®

BOB
or maybe he just didn't like Tn?

TFM®[_2_] 06-10-2008 11:23 PM

Don Catalano new barbecue cookbook

" BOB" > wrote in message
. ..

> "TFM®" > wrote in message
> om...
>>

>> " BOB" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>>> So does Ray Lampe, aka dr BBQ
>>> So does Paul Kirk, the Baron of BBQ
>>>
>>> What are "Don Catalano's" credentials? Why should I believe that he
>>> knows more than I do about BBQ? I bet he even par-boils ribs?
>>>
>>> BOB
>>>

>> Paul Kirk! LOL, PIMP. I met him in Tn at the world BBQ cookoff. I ate
>> what his team had (ahem) prepared. They threw most of it away the next
>> morning for good reason. It was semi-inedible.
>>
>> Baron of BBQ's ass. He might be the Baron of beer.

> Well, OK, then. He does tell a great tale, and brings good 'shine with
> him.
>
> Does this make him any better or worse than "Don Catalano"?
>>

>> TFM®

> BOB
> or maybe he just didn't like Tn?

I don't think he gave a shit about anything at all. It was hot and he was
overweight and drunk (not that there's anything wrong with that).

He was just there for publicity.

Dave Klose OTOH can tell a tale or ten and he brings a lot more than good
shine to a party. Hell, he is the party.

TFM®