Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Moldy WSM

TFM® got a brisket this morning to cook on the WSM. When he took off the
cover from the smoker, (pause) may I have a DAYAM! Green mold and
cockroaches the size of his big toe (which will probably rehome in our
kitchen)!!!!!!!!!!!

We've had a ton of rain lately and despite the fact that we've kept the
smoker covered, I guess it got wet. It's a nasty looking business.

TFM®'s in the process of starting a chimney with a bunch of hurricane oak
wood and Spanish moss, now, to burn all the crap off before putting the
brisket on, but daylight is ticking, if'n you know what I mean.

Truly folks, I just took some pictures (also posted to ABF), but I don't
think they did the evilness justice. It was absolutely gruesome.

kili

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Truly folks, I just took some pictures (also posted to ABF), but I don't
> think they did the evilness justice. It was absolutely gruesome.

I'm bummed at losing ABF, but not at this particular moment. :-)

Mine's been covered up for two weeks, and the last several days have been
hot and humid...just thinking...

-John O

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

John O wrote:
>> Truly folks, I just took some pictures (also posted to ABF), but I
>> don't think they did the evilness justice. It was absolutely
>> gruesome.

> I'm bummed at losing ABF, but not at this particular moment. :-)
>
> Mine's been covered up for two weeks, and the last several days have
> been hot and humid...just thinking...
>
> -John O

Go uncover with trepidation, my friend. It's very scary..........

kili

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
news
> kilikini wrote:
>> TFM® got a brisket this morning to cook on the WSM. When he took off
>> the cover from the smoker, (pause) may I have a DAYAM! Green mold and
>> cockroaches the size of his big toe (which will probably rehome in our
>> kitchen)!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> We've had a ton of rain lately and despite the fact that we've kept
>> the smoker covered, I guess it got wet. It's a nasty looking
>> business.
>>
>> TFM®'s in the process of starting a chimney with a bunch of hurricane
>> oak wood and Spanish moss, now, to burn all the crap off before
>> putting the brisket on, but daylight is ticking, if'n you know what I
>> mean.
>>
>> Truly folks, I just took some pictures (also posted to ABF), but I
>> don't think they did the evilness justice. It was absolutely
>> gruesome.
>>
>> kili

> I'd be taking that down to the car wash.
>
> On second thought, its ruined. I recycle them.... just send it to me and I
> will take care of it. :-)
>
> MartyB in KC

I put it in the mailbox but the envelope caught on fire. Burned down my
whole mailbox.

My Grandpa made that mailbox when he was 12.

I'll send it Fed Ex if you don't mind.

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 20, 10:33*am, "kilikini" > wrote:
> TFM® got a brisket this morning to cook on the WSM. *When he took off the
> cover from the smoker, (pause) may I have a DAYAM! *Green mold and
> cockroaches the size of his big toe (which will probably rehome in our
> kitchen)!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> We've had a ton of rain lately and despite the fact that we've kept the
> smoker covered, I guess it got wet. *It's a nasty looking business.
>
> TFM®'s in the process of starting a chimney with a bunch of hurricane oak
> wood and Spanish moss, now, to burn all the crap off before putting the
> brisket on, but daylight is ticking, if'n you know what I mean.
>
> Truly folks, I just took some pictures (also posted to ABF), but I don't
> think they did the evilness justice. *It was absolutely gruesome.
>
> kili

Same thing happened to mine last month. The sections fit perfectly
into the laundry tub and were clean in just a few minutes with some
oven cleaner and a scrubby.

Is it OK to eat moldy food? Janet B General Cooking 104 05-04-2015 01:30 AM
Moldy bread again! Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 154 02-07-2014 07:26 AM
Moldy Bread?! sweet_pepper General Cooking 0 25-05-2006 05:15 AM
moldy peaches? kr_gentner Preserving 10 09-09-2005 04:59 PM
moldy blackberries [email protected] Winemaking 4 25-07-2005 09:28 PM