Barbecue (alt.food.barbecue) Discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and slow" smoking of ribs, shoulders and briskets, as well as direct heat grilling of everything from burgers to salmon to vegetables.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-04-2008, 02:05 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 13
Default Choke Cherry and Crab Apple wood?

All,

Some friends of mine have a pile of Choke Cherry and Crab Apple wood
that they want to get rid of. Does anyone have any thoughts on this
wood for barbecue?

Thanks,
B

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-04-2008, 04:23 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 52
Default Choke Cherry and Crab Apple wood?

On Apr 21, 9:05 am, Bilz wrote:
Some friends of mine have a pile of Choke Cherry and Crab Apple wood
that they want to get rid of. Does anyone have any thoughts on this
wood for barbecue?


Not sure about the choke cherry, but I saw that crab apple is just
about the same as apple. I have my eye on my neighbors trees. I'd
guess the choke cherry would be close to cherry.

--Jeff
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-04-2008, 05:13 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,235
Default Choke Cherry and Crab Apple wood?

Bilz wrote:

All,

Some friends of mine have a pile of Choke Cherry and Crab Apple wood
that they want to get rid of. Does anyone have any thoughts on this
wood for barbecue?


I have a couple of crabapple trees, and I use the free wood that comes
from them. Works great.




Brian

--
If televison's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who
won't shut up.
-- Dorothy Gambrell (http://catandgirl.com)
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 21-04-2008, 08:02 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 187
Default Choke Cherry and Crab Apple wood?

On Apr 21, 12:13*pm, "Default User" wrote:
Bilz wrote:
All,


Some friends of mine have a pile of Choke Cherry and Crab Apple wood
that they want to get rid of. *Does anyone have any thoughts on this
wood for barbecue?


I have a couple of crabapple trees, and I use the free wood that comes
from them. Works great.

Brian

I'll second that. Crab Apple makes sweet smoke. I'll take any I can
get.
I would try the Choke Cherry. Burn a little and if the smoke smells
nice use it. I'll bet it's good.

Cam


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wild Cherry wood... 43fan[_2_] Barbecue 5 24-06-2007 02:59 AM
Ornamental Cherry Wood for Smoking? [email protected] Barbecue 2 24-05-2006 01:44 AM
EMERGENCY need cherry/apple wood chunks in NJ. [email protected] Barbecue 16 28-11-2005 08:31 PM
Cherry, apple, or maple wood April W. Barbecue 13 24-08-2004 04:26 AM
Cherry Wood is it to bitter? Stephen Russell Barbecue 9 15-04-2004 06:55 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017