Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Mexi-Butt

So there I was, cooking a smallish butt in the rain, and the BW asked me
when it would be done. I gave her the correct answer, which was "5 more
degrees"! She said "It's done, gimme dat"! (I hate it when she does
that). She took it out of the smoker under my protest, but I usually
would lose on something like that anyway.

Into the house she goes, half the butt into a vacuum bag, the other half
chopped and into the stew pot. Cover with half green pepper and half red
pepper enchilada sauce, and simmer for a half hour. By now I'm mad, but
she served it on a bed of rice with a nice garden salad, and multi-grain
whole wheat tortillas, and I mean YUM!

This is something she had when she was in Vegas last month, and I
believe it is something we will have again. I love pulled pork solo, but
the Mexican flavoring complements the Pork wonderfully.
--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave T. wrote:

> Into the house she goes, half the butt into a vacuum bag, the other half
> chopped and into the stew pot. Cover with half green pepper and half red
> pepper enchilada sauce, and simmer for a half hour. By now I'm mad, but
> she served it on a bed of rice with a nice garden salad, and multi-grain
> whole wheat tortillas, and I mean YUM!
>
> This is something she had when she was in Vegas last month, and I
> believe it is something we will have again. I love pulled pork solo, but
> the Mexican flavoring complements the Pork wonderfully.

Do you recall where this was?

--
---Nonnymus---
No matter how large your boat,
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave T." > wrote in message
> So there I was, cooking a smallish butt in the rain, and the BW asked me
> when it would be done. I gave her the correct answer, which was "5 more
> degrees"! She said "It's done, gimme dat"! (I hate it when she does that).
> She took it out of the smoker under my protest, but I usually would lose
> on something like that anyway.
>
> Into the house she goes, half the butt into a vacuum bag, the other half
> chopped and into the stew pot. Cover with half green pepper and half red
> pepper enchilada sauce, and simmer for a half hour. By now I'm mad, but
> she served it on a bed of rice with a nice garden salad, and multi-grain
> whole wheat tortillas, and I mean YUM!
>
> This is something she had when she was in Vegas last month, and I believe
> it is something we will have again. I love pulled pork solo, but the
> Mexican flavoring complements the Pork wonderfully.

When she's not happy, nobody's happy.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2-Feb-2008, "Dave T." > wrote:

> So there I was, cooking a smallish butt in the rain, and the BW asked me
> when it would be done. I gave her the correct answer, which was "5 more
> degrees"! She said "It's done, gimme dat"! (I hate it when she does
> that). She took it out of the smoker under my protest, but I usually
> would lose on something like that anyway.
>
> Into the house she goes, half the butt into a vacuum bag, the other half
> chopped and into the stew pot. Cover with half green pepper and half red
> pepper enchilada sauce, and simmer for a half hour. By now I'm mad, but
> she served it on a bed of rice with a nice garden salad, and multi-grain
> whole wheat tortillas, and I mean YUM!
>
> This is something she had when she was in Vegas last month, and I
> believe it is something we will have again. I love pulled pork solo, but
> the Mexican flavoring complements the Pork wonderfully.
> --
> Dave T.

Sounds real good to me. I've been into stir-fry and stew type dishes
lately anyhow. We've been getting a lot of mileage out of white rice
and Ramen noodles. Totally foreign to what we were brought up on,
but what the hey?

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonnymus wrote:
> Dave T. wrote:

>> This is something she had when she was in Vegas last month, and I
>> believe it is something we will have again. I love pulled pork solo,
>> but the Mexican flavoring complements the Pork wonderfully.

> Do you recall where this was?

She had this at her brothers house, not a resteraunt. He and his wife
love to cook, although they don't Q at all.

--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 02:33:26 GMT, Dave T. wrote:
>
>> So there I was, cooking a smallish butt in the rain, and the BW asked me
>> when it would be done. I gave her the correct answer, which was "5 more
>> degrees"! She said "It's done, gimme dat"! (I hate it when she does
>> that). She took it out of the smoker under my protest, but I usually
>> would lose on something like that anyway.

> You let a woman **** with your BBQ? <shaking head>
>
> What does BW stand for - Bossy Wife?
>
> -sw

Sometimes you would think so, although she was a winner this time. <W>

--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:

> Sounds real good to me. I've been into stir-fry and stew type dishes
> lately anyhow. We've been getting a lot of mileage out of white rice
> and Ramen noodles. Totally foreign to what we were brought up on,
> but what the hey?

It was very tasty. She added nothing to it other than the 2 types of
Enchilada sauce. The only spices was the rub I put on, S&P, a little
paprika and some onion salt.

--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave T." > wrote in message
> Nonnymus wrote:
>> Dave T. wrote:

>>> This is something she had when she was in Vegas last month, and I
>>> believe it is something we will have again. I love pulled pork solo, but
>>> the Mexican flavoring complements the Pork wonderfully.

>> Do you recall where this was?

> She had this at her brothers house, not a resteraunt. He and his wife love
> to cook, although they don't Q at all.
>
> --
> Dave T.

OK, then just post their address so we can drop in when in town.. Maybe
their phone number also to be sue they make it when we arrive.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

>> She had this at her brothers house, not a resteraunt. He and his wife love
>> to cook, although they don't Q at all.
>>
>> --
>> Dave T.

> OK, then just post their address so we can drop in when in town.. Maybe
> their phone number also to be sue they make it when we arrive.

Strangely enough, someone who is familiar with Vegas probably knows of
him, or at least is familiar with what he is building. If you get past
his people, you'll be welcome to dinner! <G>

--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave T. wrote:
> So there I was, cooking a smallish butt in the rain, and the BW asked me
> when it would be done. I gave her the correct answer, which was "5 more
> degrees"! She said "It's done, gimme dat"! (I hate it when she does
> that). She took it out of the smoker under my protest, but I usually
> would lose on something like that anyway.
>
> Into the house she goes, half the butt into a vacuum bag, the other half
> chopped and into the stew pot. Cover with half green pepper and half red
> pepper enchilada sauce, and simmer for a half hour. By now I'm mad, but
> she served it on a bed of rice with a nice garden salad, and multi-grain
> whole wheat tortillas, and I mean YUM!
>
> This is something she had when she was in Vegas last month, and I
> believe it is something we will have again. I love pulled pork solo, but
> the Mexican flavoring complements the Pork wonderfully.

BTW, I saw that the Sam's Club in Vacaville, CA was mentioned in a
thread recently. This butt came from there, was marked USDA Choice, and
they are offering them in a case price of $0.96/#. That's the good news.
The bad news is Brisket flats are $3.23/#

--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex vex is offline

Dave T. wrote:

> Into the house she goes, half the butt into a vacuum bag, the other
> half chopped and into the stew pot. Cover with half green pepper and
> half red pepper enchilada sauce, and simmer for a half hour. By now
> I'm mad, but she served it on a bed of rice with a nice garden salad,
> and multi-grain whole wheat tortillas, and I mean YUM!

I invited the owner of one of our local Mexican restaurants over for our
Superbowl party and he brought some special tomatillo *hot* salsa over, not
the normal stuff he serves in the restaurant. It was kickA$$ on the pulled
pork.
I occasionally make tacos with soft corn tortillas, chop up some pulled
pork, cilantro, dice some white onion, and throw them all together, maybe
with a bit of red salsa (not the chunky stuff in the store, the stuff that's
more fluid) and it makes for excellent tacos. We're going to try some pulled
pork tamales next...

--Brett

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave T." > wrote in
t:

> BTW, I saw that the Sam's Club in Vacaville, CA was mentioned in a
> thread recently. This butt came from there, was marked USDA Choice,
> and they are offering them in a case price of $0.96/#. That's the good
> news. The bad news is Brisket flats are $3.23/#

I think I'd start aquiring a taste for pork at that price

Mexi Beef Bites Glasshousejohn Recipes (moderated) 0 08-03-2006 04:46 AM
first butt going at 4am Barbecue 1 04-07-2005 04:47 AM
Butt frohe Barbecue 4 05-07-2004 10:52 AM