Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 10:57:35 -0500, jimbo mcnugget wrote:
>
>> whats the difference between barbecue and barbecue sauce?

> And to think this guy has a Masters from the University of Idaho.
>
> -sw

My answer would be the word "sauce,"

Seriously, I consider the word barbecue to be both a verb and a noun.
To me, barbecuing can extend to about any form of outdoor cooking over a
grate to smoking low and slow. Likewise the product of this effort can
also be called barbecue. In Raleigh, it was virtually always used as a
noun, where in MO I grew up with it being used both ways, but mostly as
a verb. I've tried about every form of barbecue there is, and quite
frankly like chicken, turkey, beef and pork,

The only form of sauce I care less for is the mustard based ones. It's
just a matter of personal preference, and is the same reason GM makes
red, blue and white cars in different sizes. Surprisingly, I find that
a light coating of mustard on the meat before adding a dry rub enhances
the flavor, but only if the mustard isn't a primary ingredient. Another
thing I've learned over the years is that many folk think of barbecue as
"spicy" food. Nope- to me a good sauce or rub has flavor but only
enough red and black pepper that it has a little kick at most. I've
personally experimented with kicking it up, and have decided that it's
quite easy to overdo the heat.

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---
No matter how large your boat,
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

one space, five letters, and a question mark.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 1, 6:56 pm, "Da Chief" > wrote:

> one space, five letters, and a question mark.

Well, I think we have a winner!

Robert

best barbecue alexwilliamsd General Cooking 1 10-09-2012 04:12 AM
Taking a crack at defining and explalinin barbecue was Simple barbecue sauce Chris Malme Barbecue 0 30-09-2011 10:29 AM
barbecue [email protected] Barbecue 2 05-09-2007 09:28 AM
The best barbecue Peter Bulthuis Barbecue 9 10-10-2004 05:07 AM
LC Barbecue Vicki Beausoleil Diabetic 0 06-05-2004 10:32 PM