Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Full brisket.... where to buy? (Sacramento, CA area)

Hi all;

I've not been able to find a full brisket (cap on, untrimed) anywhere
near here. I can get trimmed brisket flats (5-7 lbs) at most any
supermarket, but no full briskets.

Can anybody tell me where I can get one? Preferably in a cryo pack.

Thanks a heap,
-Zz
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Zz Yzx" > wrote in message
> Hi all;
>
> I've not been able to find a full brisket (cap on, untrimed) anywhere
> near here. I can get trimmed brisket flats (5-7 lbs) at most any
> supermarket, but no full briskets.
>
> Can anybody tell me where I can get one? Preferably in a cryo pack.
>
> Thanks a heap,
> -Zz

I saw one at Cash and Carry in Oakland the other day. I'm guessing you have
a Cash and Carry near Sacto.
As well you might try Smart and Final, or Costco. I'm sure you've exhausted
the latter, however.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:19:40 -0800, Zz Yzx wrote:
>
>> Hi all;
>>
>> I've not been able to find a full brisket (cap on, untrimed) anywhere
>> near here. I can get trimmed brisket flats (5-7 lbs) at most any
>> supermarket, but no full briskets.
>>
>> Can anybody tell me where I can get one? Preferably in a cryo pack.

> Most of the Walmarts across the country carry them. It's one the
> only two things I'll buy there.
>
> -sw

Only "Super Walmarts" carry any food to speak of. I'm pretty sure the
"Super" in Sacto doesn't have cryovac brisket.
In the Bay Area we don't have the "Supers" yet.

Kent

BTW, what's the other "thing" you'll buy there???

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Denny Wheeler wrote:

> PS--it'd be easier for us to give you a better reply had you said
> where "here" is. For example, were you in my area, I could tell you
> at least two places they can be found. (one's a Super Wal-Mart, the
> other is the Cost Cutter store a 1/4 mile from where I sit)

The "(Sacramento, CA area)" in the subject line didn't do it for you?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Their Heinz 57 Sauce clone.

Hey, I buy that too. Pretty good stuff for the price.

Spud

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> BTW, what's the other "thing" you'll buy there???

depends

joe
petersburg (hi, stevie) alaska

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:02:39 -0800, Spud wrote:
>

>>> Their Heinz 57 Sauce clone.

>> Hey, I buy that too. Pretty good stuff for the price.

> Tastes exactly like H57 and less than half the price. I use it
> on all my prime ribs! <wink>.

it probably all comes out of the same barrel.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Pete C. wrote:

> The "(Sacramento, CA area)" in the subject line didn't do it for you?

Did it for me! d8).

Sam's club carries the flats. I wonder if a phone call to them would
produce any good results.
--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
No Name

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Zz Yzx" > wrote in message
>> Hi all;
>>
>> I've not been able to find a full brisket (cap on, untrimed) anywhere
>> near here. I can get trimmed brisket flats (5-7 lbs) at most any
>> supermarket, but no full briskets.
>>
>> Can anybody tell me where I can get one? Preferably in a cryo pack.
>>
>> Thanks a heap,
>> -Zz
>>

> I saw one at Cash and Carry in Oakland the other day. I'm guessing you
> have a Cash and Carry near Sacto.
> As well you might try Smart and Final, or Costco. I'm sure you've
> exhausted the latter, however.
>
> Kent

Smart and Final carries "almost" full briskets. A lot of the cap is off and
the flat is shortened.
We were told by our Costco that "we don't carry "low" cuts of meat, such as
brisket."

Johnmach

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:19:40 -0800, Zz Yzx >

> PS--it'd be easier for us to give you a better reply had you said
> where "here" is. For example, were you in my area, I could tell you
> at least two places they can be found. (one's a Super Wal-Mart, the
> other is the Cost Cutter store a 1/4 mile from where I sit)
>
> "Every single religion that has a monotheistic god
> winds up persecuting someone else."
> -Philip Pullman
> --
> -denny-
> (not as curmudgeonly as I useta be)

So where is that Super Wal-Mart. Denny?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>We were told by our Costco that "we don't carry "low" cuts of meat, such as
>brisket."
>
>Johnmach

Get THIS: My local Costco's meat manager:
1. Stopped carrying flap meat altogether, and
2. Started selling beef "tenderloins" that consisted of two butt ends
stuck together, with the cut nearly imperceptable. For the same pice
per lb as a real tenderloin.

Apparently, enough people complained, as the store now has flap meat
and full tenderloins.

-Zz
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex vex is offline

Denny Wheeler wrote:
> PS--it'd be easier for us to give you a better reply had you said
> where "here" is. For example, were you in my area, I could tell you
> at least two places they can be found. (one's a Super Wal-Mart, the
> other is the Cost Cutter store a 1/4 mile from where I sit)

Speaking of Super Wal-Mart, does the one down by the Tulalip (It *is* a
Super, isn't it?) carry full cut brisket? I need one for this weekends
cook...

I guess I could call them....

--Brett

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Mike" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Denny Wheeler" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:19:40 -0800, Zz Yzx >

>> PS--it'd be easier for us to give you a better reply had you said
>> where "here" is. For example, were you in my area, I could tell you
>> at least two places they can be found. (one's a Super Wal-Mart, the
>> other is the Cost Cutter store a 1/4 mile from where I sit)
>>
>> "Every single religion that has a monotheistic god
>> winds up persecuting someone else."
>> -Philip Pullman
>> --
>> -denny-
>> (not as curmudgeonly as I useta be)

> So where is that Super Wal-Mart. Denny?

Two in Citrus Heights:

http://tinyurl.com/2e48ad

Costco & Walmart next to each other

http://tinyurl.com/2y2srn

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Zz Yzx says...

>Hi all;
>
>I've not been able to find a full brisket (cap on, untrimed) anywhere
>near here. I can get trimmed brisket flats (5-7 lbs) at most any
>supermarket, but no full briskets.

I buy mine at Smart & Final here in the Bay Area. You have several stores in the
Sacto area. They have had them there "almost" every time I've wanted one--cryo
packed.

However, if they don't have them in the meat case, good luck trying to get one
out of the back. They apparently get meat by the truckload, and won't go looking
for a particular cut. At least the Smart & Final I shop at won't.

As an aside, I went to my local Safeway once and asked the butcher if they had a
brisket in a packer's cut. The "butcher" just looked at me as if I had asked him
for zebra meat.

Mark
"If God hadn't intended man to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of
meat."

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:49:08 -0800, Kent wrote:

>>> Most of the Walmarts across the country carry them. It's one the
>>> only two things I'll buy there.
>>>

>> Only "Super Walmarts" carry any food to speak of.

> Thank you, Captain Obvious.
>
>> I'm pretty sure the
>> "Super" in Sacto doesn't have cryovac brisket.

> But you don't know that since you've never been there to buy
> brisket.
>
>> BTW, what's the other "thing" you'll buy there???

> Their Heinz 57 Sauce clone. Krogers and Cub foods also carry it
> (all under their house labels), but we don't have Krogers around
> here. And my main grocery store only carries the A-1 clone.
>
> -sw

I was just there and didn't see one. I cruised Smart and Final and didn't
either.
I would try Cash and Carry if there is one in your area.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:02:39 -0800, Spud wrote:
>

>>> Their Heinz 57 Sauce clone.

>> Hey, I buy that too. Pretty good stuff for the price.

> Tastes exactly like H57 and less than half the price. I use it
> on all my prime ribs! <wink>.
>
> -sw

You adulterate standing rib roast with Heinz 57????????????????????
My God!

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thanks for the responses.

-Zz
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Sarcasm is never lost on you. Have you looked up the word
> gullible lately?

That's where Webster archives the pictures of Kent.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>> Thanks for the responses.

>You ain't getting out of here that easy, bub.
>
>-sw

I'll let you know if/where I find one.

-Zz
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:

> Sarcasm is never lost on you. Have you looked up the word
> gullible lately?
>
> -sw

When I saw the words "Heinz 57", I says to myself, Beware! Glad I kept
my mouth shut...
--
Dave T.

"Many people die at twenty-five and aren't buried
until they are seventy-five".
Benjamin Franklin

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Sarcasm is never lost on you. Have you looked up the word
> gullible lately?

i had heard they took 'gullible' out of the dictionary.

joe

Coffee in Sacramento Curtis CCR Coffee 7 26-03-2008 05:04 PM
Full brisket, Sacramento area: FOLLOW UP Zz Yzx Barbecue 31 30-01-2008 10:17 PM
Sacramento WestBrewfest Nels E. Satterlund Beer 0 18-05-2006 05:19 PM
Where To Buy Brisket In S. Bay Area? [email protected] Barbecue 4 15-05-2004 01:17 AM