Posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex vex is offline

Default Another take on an old dish.

There's Eggs Benedict, old school.

There's Country Benedict, sort of different, but basically the same
everywhere. Poached eggs on biscuit and sausage patty, topped with country
gravy.

My take on the Country Benedict came today.

I had some almost-deli sliced sirloin tip roast that I'd smoked a couple of
months back, that had been parked in a vaccu-bag in the freezer.

Warmed up some slices, boil-in-bag while I made a hollandaise* sauce on top
of the boiling pot in a saute pan. Split and warmed some leftover
(homemade)biscuits, laid out the sirloin slices on top, while using the same
pan of water to poach a couple of eggs, topping with hollandaise and a
sprinkle of paprika. Mmm Mmm good!

*Hollandaise Sauce
1/4c butter melted in saute pan, double boiler-style.
2 egg yolks
1/4c heavy cream
1tbsp lemon juice
healthy pinch of cayenne
healthy pinch of salt
whisk egg yolks, cream, lemon juice, cayenne, and salt together.
Add slowly to melted butter in double boiler.
Whisk a few minutes, or until thickened to your liking.

--Brett
www.no-blog-at-all.com