Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

Default Rib Tips

Anyone have a good recipe for Rib Tips. I was wondering if I should
smoke them or BBQ them? Either is appreciated.

-FKB
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs > wrote(and God help me I cannot fathom why):

> Anyone have a good recipe for Rib Tips. I was wondering if I should
> smoke them or BBQ them? Either is appreciated.
>
> -FKB

Congrats-you win another award.<Hooray!!!> I bestow on you the coveted
"****edup Kocknecked Bullshit" award for this here above jewel. "Rib
Tips" <teehee> "smoke them or BBQ them" ROTFLMAO!!! This is easily the
by far most taint-lickin-booger-eatin-*stupid* post I've seen to this NG
in yeeeeears-ever stupider even than the alt.appy.cuzzin****inbobtards
at their hee-yuckin-est. I hardly ever EVER --EVER-- plonk anybody
but,JeezTitsonRollerskates,'MAN',you practically BEG for it. Do all
involved a favor and go suck your fist down your throat as far as it
will go and do it quickly. But yet,to show what a sport I am,here's a
'recipe' like ya asked for: 1.) open package of rib tips 2.) give
to the dog monroe("smoke them or BBQ them" HAW HAW HAW
"wonderful blog" HEE HEE HEE)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 10, 3:07 am, "monroe, of course" >
wrote:
> gs > wrote(and God help me I cannot fathom why):
>
> > Anyone have a good recipe for Rib Tips. I was wondering if I should
> > smoke them or BBQ them? Either is appreciated.

> > -FKB

> Congrats-you win another award.<Hooray!!!> I bestow on you the coveted
> "****edup Kocknecked Bullshit" award for this here above jewel. "Rib
> Tips" <teehee> "smoke them or BBQ them" ROTFLMAO!!! This is easily the
> by far most taint-lickin-booger-eatin-*stupid* post I've seen to this NG
> in yeeeeears-ever stupider even than the alt.appy.cuzzin****inbobtards
> at their hee-yuckin-est. I hardly ever EVER --EVER-- plonk anybody
> but,JeezTitsonRollerskates,'MAN',you practically BEG for it. Do all
> involved a favor and go suck your fist down your throat as far as it
> will go and do it quickly. But yet,to show what a sport I am,here's a
> 'recipe' like ya asked for: 1.) open package of rib tips 2.) give
> to the dog monroe("smoke them or BBQ them" HAW HAW HAW
> "wonderful blog" HEE HEE HEE)

I do not have a dog. I am kind of confused.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 10, 1:07*am, "monroe, of course" >

Hey Monroe, long time no see, happy new year to you.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Anyone have a good recipe for Rib Tips. I was wondering if I should
> smoke them or BBQ them? Either is appreciated.
>
> -FKB

Try Applebees!!!

Hey, the guy asked for help, cut him some slack.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:
> Anyone have a good recipe for Rib Tips. I was wondering if I should
> smoke them or BBQ them? Either is appreciated.

Unless you are talking about preserving vs cooking rib tips (or riblets),
then I would suggest that the terms may be used to mean the same thing.

In my pit, I would do them at 250 - 275F until done.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 10, 1:21 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> gs wrote:
> > Anyone have a good recipe for Rib Tips. I was wondering if I should
> > smoke them or BBQ them? Either is appreciated.

> Unless you are talking about preserving vs cooking rib tips (or riblets),
> then I would suggest that the terms may be used to mean the same thing.
>
> In my pit, I would do them at 250 - 275F until done.
>
> --
> Davewww.davebbq.com

Thanks Dave. So basically until you see some pullback? My guess is
you are looking at a few to several hours for that depending upon
their size.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:
> On Jan 10, 1:21 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>> gs wrote:
>>> Anyone have a good recipe for Rib Tips. I was wondering if I should
>>> smoke them or BBQ them? Either is appreciated.

>> Unless you are talking about preserving vs cooking rib tips (or
>> riblets), then I would suggest that the terms may be used to mean
>> the same thing.
>>
>> In my pit, I would do them at 250 - 275F until done.
>>
>> --
>> Davewww.davebbq.com

> Thanks Dave. So basically until you see some pullback? My guess is
> you are looking at a few to several hours for that depending upon
> their size.

That's about it. You'll want to be a bit more careful monitoring them than
you would a full slab of ribs, 'cause they'll dry out much quicker if
overdone. A lot of times I'll serve 'em like hot wings: throw 'em in a big
bowl, drizzle in a bit of hot sauce, and toss 'em around till thinly coated.
Serve a small dipping container of a sweet sauce and one of bleu cheese
dressing.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> gs wrote:
> >>
> >> Unless you are talking about preserving vs cooking rib tips (or
> >> riblets), then I would suggest that the terms may be used to mean
> >> the same thing.
> >>
> >> In my pit, I would do them at 250 - 275F until done.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Davewww.davebbq.com

> > Thanks Dave. So basically until you see some pullback? My guess is
> > you are looking at a few to several hours for that depending upon
> > their size.

> That's about it. You'll want to be a bit more careful monitoring them than
> you would a full slab of ribs, 'cause they'll dry out much quicker if
> overdone. A lot of times I'll serve 'em like hot wings: throw 'em in a big
> bowl, drizzle in a bit of hot sauce, and toss 'em around till thinly

coated.
> Serve a small dipping container of a sweet sauce and one of bleu cheese
> dressing.
>
> --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

Reasonable discourse...Hard to imagine. Congratulations are in order.
(although I was enjoying the other.)

Dave, what is the name of the relaxant you are on?

Jack

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Jack Sloan wrote:
> Reasonable discourse...Hard to imagine. Congratulations are in order.
> (although I was enjoying the other.)
>

> Dave, what is the name of the relaxant you are on?
>
> Jack

That's what I want to know. Scotch? Gin? Bourbon? Beer? All
of the above? ;-D

Thanks heaven I don't see GS posts (that's Goofy Shit posts,
right? ) any longer except when folks forget to snip and
then I just kill the thread, but did see Daves reply and I
always make sure to read his posts.

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Jack Sloan wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> gs wrote:

>>> Thanks Dave. So basically until you see some pullback? My guess is
>>> you are looking at a few to several hours for that depending upon
>>> their size.

>> That's about it. You'll want to be a bit more careful monitoring
>> them than you would a full slab of ribs, 'cause they'll dry out much
>> quicker if overdone. A lot of times I'll serve 'em like hot wings:
>> throw 'em in a big bowl, drizzle in a bit of hot sauce, and toss 'em
>> around till thinly coated. Serve a small dipping container of a
>> sweet sauce and one of bleu cheese dressing.
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>> www.davebbq.com
>>

> Reasonable discourse...Hard to imagine. Congratulations are in order.
> (although I was enjoying the other.)
>

> Dave, what is the name of the relaxant you are on?

Tongue. As in, biting my.... :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Jack Sloan wrote:
>> Reasonable discourse...Hard to imagine. Congratulations are in order.
>> (although I was enjoying the other.)
>>

>> Dave, what is the name of the relaxant you are on?
>>
>> Jack
>>

> That's what I want to know. Scotch? Gin? Bourbon? Beer? All
> of the above? ;-D

Well I don't drink alcohol, but I imagine if I did I'd be a snotty-assed
drunk which would make things much worse :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Steve Calvin wrote:
>> Jack Sloan wrote:
>>> Reasonable discourse...Hard to imagine. Congratulations are in order.
>>> (although I was enjoying the other.)
>>>

>>> Dave, what is the name of the relaxant you are on?
>>>
>>> Jack
>>>

>> That's what I want to know. Scotch? Gin? Bourbon? Beer? All
>> of the above? ;-D

> Well I don't drink alcohol, but I imagine if I did I'd be a snotty-assed
> drunk which would make things much worse :-)

Then Jack's right... gotta be drugs. ;-)

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Dave Bugg wrote:
>> Steve Calvin wrote:

>>> That's what I want to know. Scotch? Gin? Bourbon? Beer? All
>>> of the above? ;-D

>> Well I don't drink alcohol, but I imagine if I did I'd be a
>> snotty-assed drunk which would make things much worse :-)

> Then Jack's right... gotta be drugs. ;-)

LOL!!!

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 10-Jan-2008, "Spud" > wrote:

> Anyone have a good recipe for Rib Tips. I was wondering if I should
> > smoke them or BBQ them? Either is appreciated.
> >
> > -FKB

> Try Applebees!!!
>

> Hey, the guy asked for help, cut him some slack.

I only cook whole rib slabs. I trim the tips off when they head
for the table and serve the tips right along with the ribs. Some
of them always find their way into the beans. Personally, I like
smoked rib tips for breakfast with my eggs and grits. I don't
need a special recipe for the tips. They're meat. Cook them,
and eat them.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 10-Jan-2008, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> gs wrote:
> >>
> >> Unless you are talking about preserving vs cooking rib tips (or
> >> riblets), then I would suggest that the terms may be used to mean
> >> the same thing.
> >>
> >> In my pit, I would do them at 250 - 275F until done.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Davewww.davebbq.com

> > Thanks Dave. So basically until you see some pullback? My guess is
> > you are looking at a few to several hours for that depending upon
> > their size.

> That's about it. You'll want to be a bit more careful monitoring them than
>
> you would a full slab of ribs, 'cause they'll dry out much quicker if
> overdone. A lot of times I'll serve 'em like hot wings: throw 'em in a big
>
> bowl, drizzle in a bit of hot sauce, and toss 'em around till thinly
> coated.
> Serve a small dipping container of a sweet sauce and one of bleu cheese
> dressing.
>
> --
> Dave

Thanks for that idea about serving tips like hot wings. Happens I have a
few left over from lunch that will get that treatment tomorrow. I can eat
mine that way without forcing them on the DW.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:
> On 10-Jan-2008, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

>> A lot of times I'll serve 'em like hot wings: throw 'em in
>> a big bowl, drizzle in a bit of hot sauce, and toss 'em around till
>> thinly coated. Serve a small dipping container of a sweet sauce and one
>> of bleu
>> cheese dressing.

> Thanks for that idea about serving tips like hot wings. Happens I
> have a few left over from lunch that will get that treatment
> tomorrow. I can eat mine that way without forcing them on the DW.

Your welcome, Brick. I can't remember where the idea originated, though.
Probably from some little joint I've visited along the way.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>> Thanks Dave. So basically until you see some pullback? My guess is
>> you are looking at a few to several hours for that depending upon
>> their size.

> That's about it. > --
> Dave
> www.davebbq.com

Cummm by yawwwwwwwwww my lord, cummmmmmmmmmmmm byyyyyyyy
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 11, 1:15 pm, "Spud" > wrote:
> >> Thanks Dave. So basically until you see some pullback? My guess is
> >> you are looking at a few to several hours for that depending upon
> >> their size.

> > That's about it. > --
> > Dave
> >www.davebbq.com

> Cummm by yawwwwwwwwww my lord, cummmmmmmmmmmmm byyyyyyyy
> yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Thanks guys. I will be sure to take some photos.

Also, ever have pulled beef sandwiches? What is the best cut of meat
for that?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 11-Jan-2008, gs > wrote:

> > > That's about it. > --
> > > Dave
> > >www.davebbq.com

> > Cummm by yawwwwwwwwww my lord, cummmmmmmmmmmmm byyyyyyyy
> > yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

> Thanks guys. I will be sure to take some photos.
>
> Also, ever have pulled beef sandwiches? What is the best cut of meat
> for that?

Chuck is excellent. Brisket is also good, but a waste of good brisket. Just
cook
it like you would a pork butt.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 11, 3:21 pm, Sqwertz > wrote:

> >> Cummm by yawwwwwwwwww my lord, cummmmmmmmmmmmm byyyyyyyy
> >> yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

> > Thanks guys. I will be sure to take some photos.

> > Also, ever have pulled beef sandwiches? What is the best cut of meat
> > for that?

> I thought you were the BBQ expert?
>
> -sw

Hey Squertz, I will have some photos up so you can see my expertise in
color. Of course they will go on my blog. That is where I put
everything.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:23:33 -0800 (PST), gs wrote:
>
> > Thanks guys. I will be sure to take some photos.
> >
> > Also, ever have pulled beef sandwiches? What is the best cut of meat
> > for that?

> I thought you were the BBQ expert?
>
> -sw

Hell,he thinks chinegristle and featherbones (SEE: thread title) are
good eating. You could Q the hide and feed it to a moron such as he.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 11, 4:14 pm, "monroe, of course" >
wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:23:33 -0800 (PST), gs wrote:

> > > Thanks guys. I will be sure to take some photos.

> > > Also, ever have pulled beef sandwiches? What is the best cut of meat
> > > for that?

> > I thought you were the BBQ expert?

> > -sw

> Hell,he thinks chinegristle and featherbones (SEE: thread title) are
> good eating. You could Q the hide and feed it to a moron such as he.

Aw man, all you can eat Featherbones at Old Mill BBQ on Sunday
morning. I would fast all day Saturday just prepping for such a
feast. I wish you could have gone with me monroe. I bet we would
have had a great time together.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Hey Squertz, I will have some photos up so you can see my expertise in
> color. Of course they will go on my blog. That is where I put
> everything.

Dude, they gave you a shot. Don't **** it up. This is the most I've ever
seen them bend for a newbie. Pay attention to the posting advice given you
and just try to fit in. Cool down on the "look at me" thing.

Just my $0/02,

Spud

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Spud wrote:
>> Hey Squertz, I will have some photos up so you can see my expertise in
>> color. Of course they will go on my blog. That is where I put
>> everything.

> Dude, they gave you a shot. Don't **** it up. This is the most I've ever
> seen them bend for a newbie. Pay attention to the posting advice given you
> and just try to fit in. Cool down on the "look at me" thing.
>
> Just my $0/02,
>
> Spud

Looks like Kevie just morphing... Notice the "Squertz".

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 11, 2:23*pm, gs > wrote:

> > > That's about it. > --
> > > Dave
> > >www.davebbq.com

> > Cummm by yawwwwwwwwww *my lord, cummmmmmmmmmmmm *byyyyyyyy
> > yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

> Thanks guys. *I will be sure to take some photos.
>
> Also, ever have pulled beef sandwiches? *What is the best cut of meat
> for that?

Beef chuck roll. Ask for it at Sams.

Pierre

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Jan 15, 7:14 am, Denny Wheeler
> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:41:37 -0600, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 23:55:35 -0800 (PST), gs wrote:

> >> Anyone have a good recipe for Rib Tips. I was wondering if I should
> >> smoke them or BBQ them? Either is appreciated.

> >Given those two options, I say "yes".

> Wonder if he ever figured out why we were laughing at the above
> question.
>
> "Every single religion that has a monotheistic god
> winds up persecuting someone else."
> -Philip Pullman
> --
> -denny-
> (not as curmudgeonly as I useta be)

Reginald, if you make sure to take the temp down to 250 for six hours
and then run it through water the pepper taste really comes out.