Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default O.T. (no bbq content), Our current spammer

As read on another ng, I thought it might be of interest to some, I sure
hope he gets back on his meds soon...
Brian

Forwarded with thanks from aus.aviation

The MI5 poster: His name is Mike Corley, he is an IT professional but
alas he has mental health issues. Here are some details about Mike
Corley. He lives in London, UK. He first began his postings to usenet,
BBS, and forums in 1995, unsurprisingly first to alt.conspiracy.

He has his own website: http://www.five.org.uk/

"There have been numerous newspaper articles and online thesis about
Mike's postings, this is a BBC article on the subject:"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A164404

"And amongst many other covers of the Mike Corley phenomenon there has
been a modern opera about this usenet legend:"
http://www.thecorleyconspiracy.com/

The problem is amplified by posters who reply to Mike's X-post floods
without snipping, and without removing the crossposts. But also Mike
Corley sets "follow-up" groups to his MI5 posts, this is where he hasn't
actually posted to a specific group but it's listed as "follow-up" in
the crossposts, the users who reply, their posts show up in groups that
Mike wants flooded. Mike Corley has set uk.misc as follow-up to all his
posts, (which I've removed)it gets flooded with the replies, and of
course the X-posting. Mike Corley has been doing this since 1995, and he
knows what he is doing, he avoids killfiles/plonk/block by morphing and
using pay-as-you-go dial-up. Filters rarely have an effect as in this
example, if you set the criteria as "MI_5",
then the flood morphs to "MIfive" or whatever. He doesn't post via
google despite the headers, nor are the email addies valid, he dances
between proxy servers such as altopia etc, filtering has no effect. The
simple rule with Mike Corley floods is to ignore and not to reply. Mike
will take his medication and eventually stop.....until the next time.
But if users do the foolish and reply/x-post/fail-to-snip, then Mike
Corley sticks around. So don't spam your pointless replies across dozens
of groups.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brian <"I never thought I'd miss > wrote:
> As read on another ng, I thought it might be of interest to some, I sure
> hope he gets back on his meds soon...
> Brian
>
> Forwarded with thanks from aus.aviation
>
> The MI5 poster: [ . . . ]

Thanks for the info, Brian. I really don't care what his problem is. He
wastes Usenet bandwidth and is a PITA. Everywhere!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 3, 4:13*am, Nick Cramer > wrote:

> > The MI5 poster: [ . . . ]

> Thanks for the info, Brian. I really don't care what his >problem is. He wastes Usenet bandwidth and is a PITA. >Everywhere!

I couldn't agree more. He is on every newsgroup I look at or
participate in. I don't understand why they don't arrest this guy or
at the very least issue a "cease and desist order" to make him quit.

They have arrested others that high volume spam this way (no valid
email address for sender, no way to opt out, no specifically intended
recipient, etc.) but yet the UK does nothing.

Hey.... may there's a conspiracy within the conspiracy about the
conspiracy...

Robert
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 3, 8:54*am, " >
wrote:
> On Jan 3, 4:13*am, Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> > > The MI5 poster: [ . . . ]

> > Thanks for the info, Brian. I really don't care what his >problem is. He *wastes Usenet bandwidth and is a PITA. >Everywhere!

> I couldn't agree more. *He is on every newsgroup I look at or
> participate in. *I don't understand why they don't arrest this guy or
> at the very least issue a "cease and desist order" to make him quit.
>
> They have arrested others that high volume spam this way (no valid
> email address for sender, no way to opt out, no specifically intended
> recipient, etc.) but yet the UK does nothing.
>
> Hey.... may there's a conspiracy within the conspiracy about the
> conspiracy...
>
> Robert

A Conspiracy conspiracy! I like it, just the type of mind numbing
thing to keep them busy from inventing new ones.

Now if we could only get it to catch on..............

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
vex vex is offline

Nick Cramer wrote:
> Brian <"I never thought I'd miss > wrote:
>> As read on another ng, I thought it might be of interest to some, I
>> sure hope he gets back on his meds soon...
>> Brian
>>
>> Forwarded with thanks from aus.aviation
>>
>> The MI5 poster: [ . . . ]

> Thanks for the info, Brian. I really don't care what his problem is.
> He wastes Usenet bandwidth and is a PITA. Everywhere!

I've created a simple filter that works in OE and I haven't seen a post in
over a week.

--Brett

Spammer Chemo[_2_] General Cooking 8 06-09-2012 10:09 AM
Meet Psychopath Jack Wesolowski,aka Gary Sokolisch, UseNet Spammer & Troll Mamma Wesolowski General Cooking 0 25-11-2011 11:48 PM
Recent mass spammer to this and many groups banned by Google cwdjrxyz Wine 2 26-08-2007 08:39 PM
Tea Spammer Fred Tea 8 10-03-2005 10:06 PM