Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

Default Burnt Ends w/ photos

Some Bossystyle Burnt Ends from this weekend with photos at
http://bossytyle.blogspot.com/ . Let me know what you all think. I
hope you all enjoy giving this a whirl.

-gs
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 31, 6:20*am, gs > wrote:
> Some Bossystyle Burnt Ends from this weekend with photos athttp://bossytyle.blogspot.com/. *Let me know what you all think. *I
> hope you all enjoy giving this a whirl.
>
> -gs

Some good stuff there GS. That's the second time I've seen someone
doing a brisket in a alu tray. The other guy let the juices stay in
the pan. Is using a pan like this common?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:
> On Dec 31, 6:20 am, gs > wrote:
>> Some Bossystyle Burnt Ends from this weekend with photos
>> athttp://bossytyle.blogspot.com/. Let me know what you all think. I
>> hope you all enjoy giving this a whirl.
>>
>> -gs

> Some good stuff there GS. That's the second time I've seen someone
> doing a brisket in a alu tray. The other guy let the juices stay in
> the pan. Is using a pan like this common?

The guy is spamming his blog. It's doubtful he's reading the NG's where he's
posted his blog site.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Dec 31, 11:36 am, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> Tutall wrote:
> > On Dec 31, 6:20 am, gs > wrote:
> >> Some Bossystyle Burnt Ends from this weekend with photos
> >> athttp://bossytyle.blogspot.com/. Let me know what you all think. I
> >> hope you all enjoy giving this a whirl.

> >> -gs

> > Some good stuff there GS. That's the second time I've seen someone
> > doing a brisket in a alu tray. The other guy let the juices stay in
> > the pan. Is using a pan like this common?

> The guy is spamming his blog. It's doubtful he's reading the NG's where he's
> posted his blog site.
>
> --
> Dave

I do read the newsgroups, actually subscribe to them and yes, I am
interested in people reading my blog.

Tutall, it helps keep the juices in the meat as opposed to letting
them dry out. I also add one can of Bud for flavor and to ensure we
are moist when it is time to eat. Thanks for the question sorry about
Dave's behavior.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Dec 31, 9:07*pm, gs > wrote:
> On Dec 31, 11:36 am, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>

> > Tutall wrote:

> > > Some good stuff there GS. That's the second time I've seen someone
> > > doing a brisket in a alu tray. The other guy let the juices stay in
> > > the pan. Is using a pan like this common?

> > The guy is spamming his blog. It's doubtful he's reading the NG's where he's
> > posted his blog site.

> > --
> > Dave

> I do read the newsgroups, actually subscribe to them and yes, I am
> interested in people reading my blog.
>
> Tutall, it helps keep the juices in the meat as opposed to letting
> them dry out. *I also add one can of Bud for flavor and to ensure we
> are moist when it is time to eat. *Thanks for the question sorry about
> Dave's behavior.- Hide quoted text -

You don't have anything to be sorry about, Dave is Dave and
responsible for hisself so your apology is less than meaningless. IOW:
FOAD.

You want to try again without the bullshit? I suggest a new thread,
you ****ed this one up, bad.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall > wrote:
> On Dec 31, 9:07=A0pm, gs > wrote:

[ . . . ]
> > Tutall, it helps keep the juices in the meat as opposed to letting
> > them dry out. =A0I also add one can of Bud for flavor and to ensure we
> > are moist when it is time to eat. =A0Thanks for the question sorry
> > about Dave's behavior.- Hide quoted text -

> You don't have anything to be sorry about, Dave is Dave and
> responsible for hisself so your apology is less than meaningless. IOW:
> FOAD.
>
> You want to try again without the bullshit? I suggest a new thread,
> you ****ed this one up, bad.

gs. It certainly sounded to me like you were SPAMming your blog. Try just
putting the URL in your four or less line sig at the bottom. Many people
here do that. As far as Dave Bugg is concerned, he's a long time, well
liked (many of us have met him and eaten his Q), respected, knowledgable
and helpful poster. We've seen a lot of SPAMmers and trolls here over the
years. Some of us are more sensitive to the smell than others. ;-)

Happy New Year and good Q in '08 to All!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:
> On Dec 31, 11:36 am, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>> Tutall wrote:

>>> Some good stuff there GS. That's the second time I've seen someone
>>> doing a brisket in a alu tray. The other guy let the juices stay in
>>> the pan. Is using a pan like this common?

>> The guy is spamming his blog. It's doubtful he's reading the NG's
>> where he's posted his blog site.
>>
>> --
>> Dave

> I do read the newsgroups, actually subscribe to them and yes, I am
> interested in people reading my blog.

My apologies for mistaking you for a spammer.

> Tutall, it helps keep the juices in the meat as opposed to letting
> them dry out.

And just how does that happen? If the intercelluar fluid is being forced out
by heat, all it's going to do is collect in the foil. Of course the brisket
will baste in its own juices, but that just makes for a steam-bath. The real
mechanism is the reduction of air movement from convection currents which
acts to dry out the meat -- just like you try to do with jerky.

I've never had a problem with my brisket drying out sans foil. I do use foil
when transporting brisket for catering to help with heat retention.

> I also add one can of Bud for flavor and to ensure we
> are moist when it is time to eat.

no comment.

> Thanks for the question sorry about
> Dave's behavior.

<snork>

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
gs gs is offline

On Dec 31 2007, 11:50 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> gs wrote:

> >> The guy is spamming his blog. It's doubtful he's reading the NG's
> >> where he's posted his blog site.

> >> --
> >> Dave

> > I do read the newsgroups, actually subscribe to them and yes, I am
> > interested in people reading my blog.

> My apologies for mistaking you for a spammer.
>
> > Tutall, it helps keep the juices in the meat as opposed to letting
> > them dry out.

> And just how does that happen? If the intercelluar fluid is being forced out
> by heat, all it's going to do is collect in the foil. Of course the brisket
> will baste in its own juices, but that just makes for a steam-bath. The real
> mechanism is the reduction of air movement from convection currents which
> acts to dry out the meat -- just like you try to do with jerky.
>
> I've never had a problem with my brisket drying out sans foil. I do use foil
> when transporting brisket for catering to help with heat retention.
>
> > I also add one can of Bud for flavor and to ensure we
> > are moist when it is time to eat.

> no comment.
>
> > Thanks for the question sorry about
> > Dave's behavior.

> <snork>
>
> --
> Davewww.davebbq.com

Thanks for the support guys. I hope you enjoy trying the burnt ends
sometime, they are great. I just had some more today and, well as
always, have plenty left over for the whole week.

Next I am going to put up some sauce recipes on my blog that I will be
more than happy to share with you all. I made a mustard based BBQ
sauce that is fantastic. Although I would be more apt to use it on
pulled pork, pork loin or chicken it is still good with beef.

Happy New Year!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

gs wrote:

> Thanks for the support guys. I hope you enjoy trying the burnt ends
> sometime, they are great. I just had some more today and, well as
> always, have plenty left over for the whole week.
>
> Next I am going to put up some sauce recipes on my blog that I will be
> more than happy to share with you all. I made a mustard based BBQ
> sauce that is fantastic. Although I would be more apt to use it on
> pulled pork, pork loin or chicken it is still good with beef.
>
> Happy New Year!

And a Happy New Year to you. You might want to check out the FAQ we use:
http://www.eaglequest.com/~bbq/faq2/toc.html

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Oh God...(sigh)-It Never Ends Memorella General Cooking 0 29-01-2009 03:28 AM
BBQ Burnt Ends w/ photos gs Recipes 4 10-01-2008 05:11 AM
BBQ Burnt Ends gs General Cooking 39 04-01-2008 03:07 AM
removing bud ends from fruit? William R. Watt Preserving 2 07-09-2005 05:42 AM
Burnt ends Reg Barbecue 6 27-02-2004 05:17 AM